Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

๐™ˆ๐˜ผ๐™Ž๐™Ž โŸก ๐™€๐™๐™๐™€๐˜พ๐™ | SEEKING CREW TO TAKE ON THE REAPERS.

minccino

โœฟโ€ฟ
15131a78511aeb5f00b50bec4dafcd58108e6a47.gif

Hey there! This is an interest check for a Mass Effect RP that takes place between the events of Mass Effect 2 and 3
as the galaxy recognizes the looming Reaper threat and prepares for an intergalactic war. Instead of enjoying Commander
Shepard's story, the plot will follow the story of our crew. I am hoping that by having everyone in the same crew
that there will be plenty of opportunities for bonding moments and exciting interactions when combat comes into play.
Perhaps our dear Commander is a Renegade? Perhaps the crew is not Council-approved at all and are just a bunch of
space cowboys trying to make the galaxy a better place. We can discuss the details, but we need a crew first.

The RP will consist of original characters only and there will be a set roles that can be taken around the ship. A
Commander for sure, a doctor, a pilot, etc. It's all bare bones for now, but who would be interested in this venture?

I wonder if my character is still on here. I unwatched this thread cause it never gained traction but I'd love to.

Currently my Muse is on an extended vacation, so I'm not going to be writing anything any time soon, I'm afraid. I'll keep watching the thread, though, and if my muse makes a return I'll likely throw my hat back in.

Not to hijack Minโ€™s original idea, but what are peopleโ€™s thoughts for where to take this? Iโ€™d be down to run this as a ttrpg thing, probably using the D&D 5e Mass Effect system, but I donโ€™t want to co-opt things too much or scare anyone off, just a possible idea I wanted to put forward :3

Not to hijack Minโ€™s original idea, but what are peopleโ€™s thoughts for where to take this? Iโ€™d be down to run this as a ttrpg thing, probably using the D&D 5e Mass Effect system, but I donโ€™t want to co-opt things too much or scare anyone off, just a possible idea I wanted to put forward :3

Hmmm, well, honestly if we wanted to use a TTRPG ssystem I'd suggest the FATE system since it's VERY simply. Low numbers and VERY adaptable. A +8 at something is Legendary, for reference.

Hmmm, well, honestly if we wanted to use a TTRPG ssystem I'd suggest the FATE system since it's VERY simply. Low numbers and VERY adaptable. A +8 at something is Legendary, for reference.
Iโ€™m not as familiar with FATE, but I can definitely look into it!

It's much more Roleplay/Character oriented than raw stats oriented. I can DM you an easy explanation if ya like. ^_^
Sure! It sounds like itโ€™d fit well, overall Iโ€™m looking for a system that would help to hold the game together and keep things on track, rather than a super-crunchy system.

We also donโ€™t need to use a system at all, if the group would prefer :3

While my general appearance in the game is currently up for debate due to RL happenings, probably system-less would be fine. I'd suggest that if a system is to be used, it be used purely for the purposes of assisting with character creation/definition, and then discarded for the storytelling.

Just my opinion, though. :)

Apart from that, where do people want to take this? There were a few points that came up in the initial planning for this:
- Set just after ME2
- The characters are aware of the Reaper threat on some level
- The characters are mostly from the galactic underbelly, social outcasts who are trying to find redemption

Apart from that, where do people want to take this? There were a few points that came up in the initial planning for this:
- Set just after ME2
- The characters are aware of the Reaper threat on some level
- The characters are mostly from the galactic underbelly, social outcasts who are trying to find redemption

That all sounds good to me!

I never played D&D so Stat system is out of my comfort zone. I'd be oblivious but if everyone wants it than sounds good!

I never played D&D so Stat system is out of my comfort zone. I'd be oblivious but if everyone wants it than sounds good!
I'd argue that we're probably not going to go stat-heavy with our characters.

If anything, my suggestion would be that you look at the books (I linked a couple of sources on Page 1 of this thread) for ideas and just pick what works for you.

No problem! I think if itโ€™s implemented at all, itโ€™d be an optional thing to help with story flow and character development.

Itโ€™s looking like weโ€™re starting to build some interest again, which is great! Would you guys be using the characters you posted before?

After replaying the series and remembering there was already an Irish engineer I didn't want to be an unoriginal so I may try looking into recreating a new char from scratch. A different species likely though so I can make something new.

I second D&D not being a good fit for this. It's a combat simulator, and unless our primary focus here is going to be fighting (as fun as that is in Mass Effect), I don't think it's the right move. FATE would be a much better fit, but I also agree with @Sync that systemless would suit our needs fine.

Post ME2 sounds good. I am very intrigued by characters that are "from the galactic underbelly, social outcasts who are trying to find redemption." As I understand it, this would be characters like Mordin, Archangel Garrus, Wrex, Zaeed, Kasumi, Morinth, Aria, etc. But I'd like to propose an alternative that I find equally compellingโ€”higher (but not high) society people that are publicly respectable but might have some darker, secret element to them. I see that as characters like Tali, Miranda, Liara, Samara, Garrus at the beginning of ME1, arguably most of the Alliance crew members throughout the games.

I'm completely fine with not using a system if no-one wants to.

But I will let you guys know this @Vytheril and @commanderShepard that the system I am recommending is not DnD and is very character-oriented. With the main draw of the system being characterizing your character in such a way that aspects of their personality influence the story.

Again, I'm fine if we don't, just wanna clarify that I'm not bringing forward a 'combat simulator' type game but one that is VERY RP friendly.

Back
Top Bottom