Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

π™ˆπ˜Όπ™Žπ™Ž ⟑ π™€π™π™π™€π˜Ύπ™ | SEEKING CREW TO TAKE ON THE REAPERS.

minccino

βœΏβ€Ώ
15131a78511aeb5f00b50bec4dafcd58108e6a47.gif

Hey there! This is an interest check for a Mass Effect RP that takes place between the events of Mass Effect 2 and 3
as the galaxy recognizes the looming Reaper threat and prepares for an intergalactic war. Instead of enjoying Commander
Shepard's story, the plot will follow the story of our crew. I am hoping that by having everyone in the same crew
that there will be plenty of opportunities for bonding moments and exciting interactions when combat comes into play.
Perhaps our dear Commander is a Renegade? Perhaps the crew is not Council-approved at all and are just a bunch of
space cowboys trying to make the galaxy a better place. We can discuss the details, but we need a crew first.

The RP will consist of original characters only and there will be a set roles that can be taken around the ship. A
Commander for sure, a doctor, a pilot, etc. It's all bare bones for now, but who would be interested in this venture?

Sure as heck I'd be interested - but my eventual participation will be determined by RP location (ie onsite vs offsite) and required posting rate (I'm not normally a quick poster for various reasons).

Love to know before committing to play. :)

Sure as heck I'd be interested - but my eventual participation will be determined by RP location (ie onsite vs offsite) and required posting rate (I'm not normally a quick poster for various reasons).

Love to know before committing to play. :)

I'm hoping to keep it on-site, and since it is a crew RP, activity won't be highly required unless we have only a few people onboard.

I'm hoping to keep it on-site, and since it is a crew RP, activity won't be highly required unless we have only a few people onboard.
Thanks. I'll defer to the group, though, so as more come on I'll get a better feel for expectations and my ability to meet them. *sage nod*

I really like the idea of a group of renegades and rebels banding together on an unsanctioned mission to stick it to the Reapers as best they can. I think it would allow for more variance in player characters that might not otherwise work together.

In any case I'll throw my hat into the ring with a personal interest in making a male Krogan Sentinel. The blend of biotics and tech makes for some tanky gameplay so adapting that to a freeform should be a cinch, not to mention the toughness and regenerative capabilities of the lovable space dinosaurs/lizards.

I really like the idea of a group of renegades and rebels banding together on an unsanctioned mission to stick it to the Reapers as best they can. I think it would allow for more variance in player characters that might not otherwise work together.

In any case I'll throw my hat into the ring with a personal interest in making a male Krogan Sentinel. The blend of biotics and tech makes for some tanky gameplay so adapting that to a freeform should be a cinch, not to mention the toughness and regenerative capabilities of the lovable space dinosaurs/lizards.

Ooh, a krogan! Love that.

Agreed. I do like the idea of a motley crew of outlaws and renegades uniting against the Reapers, since their talents and skillsets may not be accepted or respected by any council or army. That makes me wonder what would motivate them to lend help where it's needed, or if they really just fuck off and do their own thing. Maybe they're wanted criminals seeking pardons in exchange for service? Individuals with nothing left to lose? The possibilities are virtually endless...

Howdy, I'd be interested in joining as well. While it has been a hot minute since I last played the ME games I'd certainly be down to cook up a character idea with y'all. ^_^

IIRC - the in-game time between ME2 and ME3 is only a few months. In your situation (which I'm totally on-board with, btw, and am thinking of an Asari Huntress (long range combat & biotic)), those months might serve as the formation of the rag-tag group for when the Reaper Invasion starts.

Hey, I'd love to be a part of this! My back-of-the-napkin sketch of a character is a Quarian pilot. I'm thinking they're no longer welcome on the Flotilla for reasons, and have been bouncing around the galaxy doing odd jobs. They've been recruited into whatever this venture ends up being because, well, someone has to fly the darn thing!

IIRC - the in-game time between ME2 and ME3 is only a few months. In your situation (which I'm totally on-board with, btw, and am thinking of an Asari Huntress (long range combat & biotic)), those months might serve as the formation of the rag-tag group for when the Reaper Invasion starts.
That is a good point, I hadn't given too much thought to the details when I posted my interest but you are correct that the time frame between the two games is quite short. If this roleplay is intended to take place within that gap then it makes the most sense to focus on how the crew actually comes together, a 'building the gang' sort of concept.

For my krogan I was actually thinking he could be Ex-Blood Pack mercenary. Unless someone else would prefer the role for themselves I'd be open to making my character the leader of this group, with a much looser dynamic than what we are used to from the Normandy of course. Perhaps he's a little more intelligent, a little more inquisitive after the events with Archangel and Shepard that led to Garm's death? Instead of trying to pick up the pieces and stick to the status quo, my character looks into what is going on with Shepard and realizes that there's a greater threat looming. Leverages what influence he has, takes a ship with a skeleton crew, and goes rogue with the intention of trying to help.

If people are okay with that concept then we could figure out what roles people want to slot into and what the actual plotlines would be. Silverbird's Quarian pilot sounds like they'd be perfect to get onto the crew with minimal fuss.

That is a good point, I hadn't given too much thought to the details when I posted my interest but you are correct that the time frame between the two games is quite short. If this roleplay is intended to take place within that gap then it makes the most sense to focus on how the crew actually comes together, a 'building the gang' sort of concept.

For my krogan I was actually thinking he could be Ex-Blood Pack mercenary. Unless someone else would prefer the role for themselves I'd be open to making my character the leader of this group, with a much looser dynamic than what we are used to from the Normandy of course. Perhaps he's a little more intelligent, a little more inquisitive after the events with Archangel and Shepard that led to Garm's death? Instead of trying to pick up the pieces and stick to the status quo, my character looks into what is going on with Shepard and realizes that there's a greater threat looming. Leverages what influence he has, takes a ship with a skeleton crew, and goes rogue with the intention of trying to help.

If people are okay with that concept then we could figure out what roles people want to slot into and what the actual plotlines would be. Silverbird's Quarian pilot sounds like they'd be perfect to get onto the crew with minimal fuss.

I'm thinking of making some sort of techie/engineer after deciding against creating a biotic-ly inclined individual. Likely on the socially awkward side, somewhere on the spectrum most likely to a minor extent, with a sort of... naive bluntness to add to the crew's social dynamics. I am still fleshing out deeper character aspects, however so I am open to active brainstorming.

Of course, that all depends on what @minccino has in mind with the game/story. :)

At the moment, though, while I'm definitely interested in taking part, I'm going to hold back on heaps of character-development until I can get a feel for the group dynamic and post rates - my RL circumstances generally mean I can't post frequently (eg I'm at work right now), and I don't want to slow the group down if you all want more than I can keep up with.

I'm thinking of making some sort of techie/engineer after deciding against creating a biotic-ly inclined individual. Likely on the socially awkward side, somewhere on the spectrum most likely to a minor extent, with a sort of... naive bluntness to add to the crew's social dynamics. I am still fleshing out deeper character aspects, however so I am open to active brainstorming.

I have absolutely no problem with that. I'm thinking that my krogan will very much be a krogan (direct, loud, boisterous, and often aggressive) but I'm also thinking he'll be a little more reserved from what's normal of his kind. I don't exactly want to rip-off Wrex of course but I want my character to at least be smart enough to realize that he should defer some things to other people. As a Sentinel he'll have tech and biotic capability but, from his history, that's very much likely more focused on the combat applications rather than the nuances of either side of things.

In any case if he's trying to break away from being a mercenary in order to try and somewhat save the galaxy he's got to have some noble intentions at least, if not just rational enough to realize that trying to hoard wealth won't mean much if everyone dies in the galaxy.

Of course, that all depends on what @minccino has in mind with the game/story. :)

At the moment, though, while I'm definitely interested in taking part, I'm going to hold back on heaps of character-development until I can get a feel for the group dynamic and post rates - my RL circumstances generally mean I can't post frequently (eg I'm at work right now), and I don't want to slow the group down if you all want more than I can keep up with.

Fair enough. I'm flexible on post rates because I fully understand how real life should come first but group roleplays are, well, a group effort so I can understand your position. I also don't mean to hijack the concept from @minccino either, I'm just throwing out ideas to try and collaborate with interested individuals and see where things go.

This is very much just an interest check so I'm super open to brainstorming and whatnot for now. It seems people are interested in a ragtag group of outsiders though. I'm thinking of a cyborg medic (really just a human with self-modified robotic parts). Bare bones for now, but at least I've got a role and race filled in. πŸ˜…

A couple of sources for possible reference material for character options:
Mass Effect PDF - this is an RPG source book based on the d20 game mechanics utilised in DnD 3E.
Mass Effect 5E - this is an updated RPG source to the above, but now based on the game mechanics utilised in DnD 5E.
Mass Effect Wiki - because of course. :)

Oh - I'm in no way suggesting we should use a game system here. I'm just providing these sources as reference material to help build a character concept and/or flavour it.

Last edited:
1: I am super interested! I will play myself a Infiltrator Turian most definitely. hahaha.

2: Hey Sync, hate to be a bother but that link to 5e mechanics is broken, only the d20 pdf you linked worked.

1: I am super interested! I will play myself a Infiltrator Turian most definitely. hahaha.

2: Hey Sync, hate to be a bother but that link to 5e mechanics is broken, only the d20 pdf you linked worked.
Weird - the link worked perfectly fine in Firefox on my PC, but not in Edge. Oh, well - fixed it now & updated. :)

Currently writing a reply to a rp but hot dang lol, Hanar are an option? SOOOO TEMPTING :p

EDIT: TENTACLE HENTEI! HAHAHAHA. Jokes aside, uhem. I would play such a character seriously if I so chose to play that race, I promise.... Jelly fish tentacles. :)

Currently writing a reply to a rp but hot dang lol, Hanar are an option? SOOOO TEMPTING :p
Heh...don't take the RPG materials as gospel for this game. :)

And given that the Hanar generally have significant mobility issues outside a liquid environment, I'm not sure you'd want to play one when we're going up against Reaper forces. ;) In the end, though, comes down to what our GM/Host will & won't consider as viable... *nod nod*

I wasn't serious, just simply stating how gosh darn hilarious the option is. And besides, Blasto begs to differ! (SHHH I know he was a movie character in a game universe shhh. ) lol

This is very much just an interest check so I'm super open to brainstorming and whatnot for now. It seems people are interested in a ragtag group of outsiders though. I'm thinking of a cyborg medic (really just a human with self-modified robotic parts). Bare bones for now, but at least I've got a role and race filled in. πŸ˜…

After giving it some thought I was further thinking of making a Quarian engineer. They're known to add some pretty good augmentations to themselves so I was thinking maybe they had list their arms, or part of their arms, in an accident or something to that effect.

Might even be able to swing some mechanical tentacles in there for @TheDecker to enjoy. xP

If you’re not too full already, this sounds awesome and I’d be very keen to join! The only problem would be settling on just one character idea…

Heh...don't take the RPG materials as gospel for this game. :)

And given that the Hanar generally have significant mobility issues outside a liquid environment, I'm not sure you'd want to play one when we're going up against Reaper forces. ;) In the end, though, comes down to what our GM/Host will & won't consider as viable... *nod nod*

True but a player doesn't have to necessarily make a Hanar combat character. They could do something weird like make a Hanar engineer or diplomat (lol). In any case don't forget that, although slow outside of water, they have a natural poison and a very strong grip. Good for tentacle shenanigans or a grapple-focused character that's otherwise unassuming.

True but a player doesn't have to necessarily make a Hanar combat character. They could do something weird like make a Hanar engineer or diplomat (lol). In any case don't forget that, although slow outside of water, they have a natural poison and a very strong grip. Good for tentacle shenanigans or a grapple-focused character that's otherwise unassuming.

*Reads grapple-focused character and has PTSD flashbacks of Pathfinder*

Lmao, Pathfinder? Those rules were streamlined compared to 3.5. Regardless, one of the joys of freeform is not having to worry about that.

Back
Top Bottom