Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

๐™ˆ๐˜ผ๐™Ž๐™Ž โŸก ๐™€๐™๐™๐™€๐˜พ๐™ | SEEKING CREW TO TAKE ON THE REAPERS.

minccino

โœฟโ€ฟ
15131a78511aeb5f00b50bec4dafcd58108e6a47.gif

Hey there! This is an interest check for a Mass Effect RP that takes place between the events of Mass Effect 2 and 3
as the galaxy recognizes the looming Reaper threat and prepares for an intergalactic war. Instead of enjoying Commander
Shepard's story, the plot will follow the story of our crew. I am hoping that by having everyone in the same crew
that there will be plenty of opportunities for bonding moments and exciting interactions when combat comes into play.
Perhaps our dear Commander is a Renegade? Perhaps the crew is not Council-approved at all and are just a bunch of
space cowboys trying to make the galaxy a better place. We can discuss the details, but we need a crew first.

The RP will consist of original characters only and there will be a set roles that can be taken around the ship. A
Commander for sure, a doctor, a pilot, etc. It's all bare bones for now, but who would be interested in this venture?

I don't remember the genophage being attributed to their mentality. What I remember was that they nuked themselves into oblivion and in the aftermath they basically reverted to a more tribal existence because nobody was left with the capability to pick up the pieces of their civilization.
Oh he's not saying the geneophage changed or added to their mentality. He's merely saying that the general phage didn't do them any favors and it is their mentality that made them go out and become merch because what else do they have to f****** do they can't breed. LOL you know?

Had to go look it up. :)

The Krogan had already nuked Tuchanka 2,000 years before being discovered by the Salarians. It was the self-nuking that turned the Krogan into a race of warring clans that battled for scarce resources on the planet they wrecked themselves.

Then came the Rachni Wars and the uplifting of the Krogan by the Salarians, followed by the Krogan Rebellions and the Turians sinking the boot in with the genophage that pushed the Krogan into a largely-mercenary existence. With no expansion in racial numbers due to the genophage, most Krogan go out for themselves because there's nothing else they can do. Based on that, most Krogan believe there's no future for their species, and it's that belief that leads to their fatalistic activity in what appears to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. :)

Yep that's what I remembered. The mercenary aspect being because they feel doomed and would rather leave to go fight rather than stay home. Wrex laments how dumb his people are in that they could stay home and focus on breeding, counteract the genophage enough to not die out as a race, but instead they all go off to fight and end up dying instead. Basically the Genophage wasn't crafted with the thought process of the Krogan leaving the planet and dying in combat but rather assumed they'd stay home.

Course, Kar won't really think about all this too much. He's a part of the problem after all lol.

Name: Sidera Nazario
Species: Turian
Height: 6โ€™5
Weight: 120lb
Occupation: Mercenary bodyguard, formerly infantry captain in the 28th Legion
Combat Role: Vanguard
Crew Role: Sensors & Comms Officer

Quote: โ€œNo, I donโ€™t think anythingโ€™s getting lost in translation. Thereโ€™s not a culture in the galaxy that appreciates getting fucked out of what theyโ€™re owed, and that goes double for volus, so my client is more than a little peeved. Do tell me if this next part confuses your universal translator, duckling, but do you know what a Colombian necktie is? No, not the kind you wearโ€ฆโ€

Weapons: M-15 Vindicator
Biotic Powers: Lift, Charge

Zz2L7q5.jpg

Growing up in the harsh, arid environment of Invictus, Sidera quickly adapted to be even harsher. Between sandstorms, hostile wildlife, and skyrocketing crime rates, life in the turiansโ€™ most ill-fated colony made it necessary for her to be tough on herself and those around her if sheโ€™d have any hope of survival. When she came of age and the orders for her conscription into the 28th Legion arrived, she was only too excited to leave behind her hell of a homeworld for training. Having lost her father on Shanxi, she was hoping for another war with humanity so that she could exact revenge, but it never came to pass.

Though she quickly rose through the ranks and had a seemingly promising military career ahead of her, she was dishonourably discharged after three of her recruits died during her particularly brutal training. She quickly found that an elite biotic soldier with rigid turian combat training will fetch a high price in mercenary work, though. Since her discharge, sheโ€™s been hopping from job to job, but had mostly settled into working as bodyguard and enforcer to the volus crime boss Alto Nor. After the shakeup in Omega politics thanks to Shepard and Archangel, sheโ€™s on the lookout to jump ship if a more stable opportunity were to present itselfโ€ฆ

Liking Sidera. The last name roll's off the tongue to, Nozario gives me Italian vibes, not to assume that was what you were going for in thinking of the name haha.

Agreed - Sideria is cool.

Does she come with the standard Turian Rectal Pole (TM) that may need occasional removal...? ;)

Liking Sidera. The last name roll's off the tongue to, Nozario gives me Italian vibes, not to assume that was what you were going for in thinking of the name haha.
Yeah I think a lot of turian names have Latin/Italian-ish inspiration. Works for me though, I'm actually Italian-Australian myself :D

Agreed - Sideria is cool.

Does she come with the standard Turian Rectal Pole (TM) that may need occasional removal...? ;)
Well, it'd need to be removed first if anything else is going in there... ๐Ÿ™Š

I'll go ahead and add tentative roles to the front as they fill up! I think I may just take the role of human commander then. Can't live down the fantasy of a whole crew calling my character commander. ๐Ÿ˜‹

I'll go ahead and add tentative roles to the front as they fill up! I think I may just take the role of human commander then. Can't live down the fantasy of a whole crew calling my character commander. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Honestly cant wait to see your finished character; Cyborg are cool haha :D .

Well, if we are going with Kar as the Captain then would that make your character the second in command as "Commander"? I mean, it's a merc vessel so ranks aren't exactly all that rigid but I'm trying to figure out how that is going to work out between our characters.

Okay wait, I think I need to take another head count again. So we have a captain/commander, a quartermaster, a field medic/doctor's assistant, sensors & comms officer, and a pilot I believe? I've been waiting to just fill a role once we get enough people. I think I'll go with a cyborg hacker/engineer then.

This is what we've got so far, looking at posted profiles here:
* Ganar Kar - Krogan/M - Captain ( @Lord DreamCrusher )
* Alani Liadon - Asari/F - asst. Medical Officer ( @Sync )
* Kassius Suldaning - Turian/M - Quartermaster ( @TheDecker )
* Xann - Quarian/M - Pilot ( @Silverbird )
* Sidera Nazario - Turian/F - Sensors & Comms ( @Queen Trish )

Last edited:
Okay wait, I think I need to take another head count again. So we have a captain/commander, a quartermaster, a field medic/doctor's assistant, sensors & comms officer, and a pilot I believe? I've been waiting to just fill a role once we get enough people. I think I'll go with a cyborg hacker/engineer then.

I understand the confusion, hope we didn't move to quick for ya in jumping at character creation the way we did.

Well, if we are going with Kar as the Captain then would that make your character the second in command as "Commander"? I mean, it's a merc vessel so ranks aren't exactly all that rigid but I'm trying to figure out how that is going to work out between our characters.
There is some sense to having @minccino as the ship's CO, as it allows for some direction of the story as the defacto GM then deciding where the ship goes to and what we run into when we get there.

That said, I'm not proposing we put on hold what we've done so far. :)

I have no problem with that if she wants to, more or less, take over in guiding the plot. I was just asking to try and clarify what was going on.

I've said from the start that I was open to being the captain but would happily give command over to someone else if they wanted it. Just that, if it is his ship then it's more about him taking the advice and guidance of someone else who knows more than he does.

We should probably also consider how big our ship is before we go too much further, too. For example, something as small and basic as the so-called Kowloon Class.

Also consider whether we're 100% freelance, or part of a larger outfit.

As the rag-tag bunch we're looking like being, it's possible our ship isn't too large; in that case, anyone could conceivably be the ship's CO. The guy who runs the ship is the one who owns it, even if that person calls themself the Chief Engineer. A smaller ship would effectively make Alani the ship's doctor, even though she's probably not qualified to perform any serious surgery. Stuff like that would make for an interesting dynamic.

Then again, if we're part of a larger outfit, we might operate out of a base which does have a loosely-defined structure. We could still have a smaller ship, but then have better-defined roles on that ship as part of the larger organisation.

Just some random thoughts, there. :)

We should probably also consider how big our ship is before we go too much further, too. For example, something as small and basic as the so-called Kowloon Class.

Also consider whether we're 100% freelance, or part of a larger outfit.

As the rag-tag bunch we're looking like being, it's possible our ship isn't too large; in that case, anyone could conceivably be the ship's CO. The guy who runs the ship is the one who owns it, even if that person calls themself the Chief Engineer. A smaller ship would effectively make Alani the ship's doctor, even though she's probably not qualified to perform any serious surgery. Stuff like that would make for an interesting dynamic.

Then again, if we're part of a larger outfit, we might operate out of a base which does have a loosely-defined structure. We could still have a smaller ship, but then have better-defined roles on that ship as part of the larger organisation.

Just some random thoughts, there. :)

True. I was assuming that Kar took what amounted to a pirate/mercenary frigate class ship from the Blood Pack but I've never made that known for open discussion yet. Although there isn't any well-defined list of ships used by non-major faction military in Mass Effect I was thinking we would have something about the same size as the ME1 Normandy but far less advanced and in a worse state of repair. Pirate/mercenary tech would probably mean a lot of patchwork repairs, welded-on plates of metal for reinforcement, etc. Think Millennium Falcon always malfunctioning but still being more capable than appearances would suggest.

Still working on my character idea, but mark me down as an Engineer. ^_^

Heh. If that's what you're planning, you might want to get onto it quickly before our GM beats you to it. ;)

True. I was assuming that Kar took what amounted to a pirate/mercenary frigate class ship from the Blood Pack but I've never made that known for open discussion yet. Although there isn't any well-defined list of ships used by non-major faction military in Mass Effect I was thinking we would have something about the same size as the ME1 Normandy but far less advanced and in a worse state of repair. Pirate/mercenary tech would probably mean a lot of patchwork repairs, welded-on plates of metal for reinforcement, etc. Think Millennium Falcon always malfunctioning but still being more capable than appearances would suggest.

Definitely agree that we probably shouldn't be on anything larger than Normandy, and I'd suggest the SR-1 be used for that benchmark. I'd hazard a guess that if we're on something similar to Normandy, then we'd likely be part of a larger force, and we've got a few more NPCs on the ship to help run it.

I like the suggestion of something like the Millennium Falcon, by both approximate size and state of repair. That would likely be a good ship for us to work with.

Totally up to our GM, of course. :)

Well I think the Falcon would be too small personally to really accomplish much beyond delivering us from point A to point B and I don't think a frigate would be all that unbelievable. I wrote up in Kar's backstory that he took the ship and a skeleton crew to operate it, but Vorcha and a few Krogan aren't exactly the most capable and hence why he needs to grab more people to actually help out. Although an exact number has never been given as far as I'm aware, the estimated crew size for a frigate in the ME universe is only about 40-50. That sounds about right for a small, rag-tag group when you consider that most of those crew members are just doing a lot of menial maintenance and general operations to keep it running.

That said, I could re-write his background if someone else wants the Captain/Commander role and we could use a different ship type altogether. Right now I'm just going by what I've written and my thoughts, which are subject to change based on group opinion.

And nice to see a fellow Aussie here, too. :)

More than one, even! :D

Anyway, putting all my pieces together:

1631437464741.png Name: Xann (formerly Xann'Haeref nar Chayym vas Riyata)
Species: Quarian
Height: 5'8" (172 cm)
Weight: 143 lbs (64 kg)
Combat Role: Infiltrator
Crew Role: Pilot

Quote: "Ok, starting to think this was a bad idea. Someone tell the engine crew things are about to get very hot down there."

Weapons: M-358 Talon (Heavy Pistol), Cryo-Omniblade
Tech: Disruptor Ammo, Tactical Scan, Arc Grenade

A short few years after returning from his Pilgrimage, Xann'Haeref - a pilot aboard the Riyata - was sent on a mission that would dramatically change the course of his life. A small team from the Riyata was sent to survey an abandoned colony in the Ismar Frontier for useful salvage. They walked right into a trap; a squad of humans in white and yellow armour ambushed the team, gunning down Caela'Xaeris and Kel'Limas before anyone knew what was happening, and taking down the others soon after. Xaan was only just able to escape, and then only because his friend, Jaah'Lana, gave her life to buy an opening for him to escape. He took the team's shuttle, and fled back to the Flotilla as the mission's sole survivor. Or so he believed.

Shortly after Xaan made his report, the Riyata picked up a Quarian distress signal being broadcast from the colony. Caela'Xaeris, the mission's commander, had somehow survived - but when she was rescued, she had a very different story to tell. According to Commander Caela, they'd been attacked by vicious local wildlife, not soldiers. Xaan had panicked and fled; and worse, he'd sealed the door behind him, trapping the others in with the animals. Caela had barely managed to get out alive; the others were dead, their bodies dragged off for food. Xaan had abandoned them to save himself, and then lied to protect himself.

When the Quarians returned to the colony, the evidence seemed to support Caela's version of events - there was indeed a sealed door, several dead animals, and no sign of any human soldiers. The conclusion was inevitable: there was no place aboard the Flotilla for an unreliable, lying coward, and so Xaan was exiled.

Since that day Xaan bounced around the galaxy, putting his piloting skills to use whenever he could and taking whatever odd jobs he could find. Over the last few years he's been working with a small crew of bounty hunters - a dangerous life chasing a promised payday that always seems to fall just over the horizon - but that arrangement recently collapsed, after the crew made themselves one too many dangerous enemies.

Heres a thought, a good compromise that allows Crusher to be captain with his character and our GM to guide things with hers; It is Ganar Kar who is captain of the ship, owns the ship and is in charge of his loyal crew of Blood Pack. And it is Minccino's character who commands our mission (If there is a specific one.). Ganar is a mercenary leader with a crew and a ship, so it stands to reason that if our GM's character is moving with a purpose she can drive the plot by hiring Ganar, making her in charge in a different capacity. Just shooting some shots to see where they land.

Well I think the Falcon would be too small personally

Then how about the size of the Ebon Hawk? :D . Slightly bigger.

@Silverbird Welcome aboard fellow infiltrator. :) Glad to see you finished Xann.

I like the Ebon Hawk for a PC ship for this group.

If we work on that ship, then we can probably re-purpose the Garage to become the Cargo Hold, the Cargo Hold to become part of Engineering, and the Storage Compartment could become the ship's armoury (small arms locker, for example). The MedBay would effectively mean Alani is the Ship's Doctor (scary concept!), and the existing dorm facilities would suit all players currently putting up their hands. :)

It works for me.

Heres a thought, a good compromise that allows Crusher to be captain with his character and our GM to guide things with hers; It is Ganar Kar who is captain of the ship, owns the ship and is in charge of his loyal crew of Blood Pack. And it is Minccino's character who commands our mission (If there is a specific one.). Ganar is a mercenary leader with a crew and a ship, so it stands to reason that if our GM's character is moving with a purpose she can drive the plot by hiring Ganar, making her in charge in a different capacity. Just shooting some shots to see where they land.

I would be more than fine with that as well.

--

As for the Ebon Hawk, I still think that would be too small to accomplish any action sequences or such. The group is literally planning on going to war against Reaper forces so it stands to reason they'd try to get the largest, most combat capable vessel they can get their hands on and reasonably use.

Secondly, although I mentioned Star Wars first it would completely ruin my immersion to use a Star Wars vessel in a Mass Effect game. I was thinking something closer to this fan design in terms of scale and capability.

batarian_frigate_concept_by_euderion_dbjfmwp-fullview.jpg

Back
Top Bottom