Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

π™ˆπ˜Όπ™Žπ™Ž ⟑ π™€π™π™π™€π˜Ύπ™ | SEEKING CREW TO TAKE ON THE REAPERS.

minccino

βœΏβ€Ώ
15131a78511aeb5f00b50bec4dafcd58108e6a47.gif

Hey there! This is an interest check for a Mass Effect RP that takes place between the events of Mass Effect 2 and 3
as the galaxy recognizes the looming Reaper threat and prepares for an intergalactic war. Instead of enjoying Commander
Shepard's story, the plot will follow the story of our crew. I am hoping that by having everyone in the same crew
that there will be plenty of opportunities for bonding moments and exciting interactions when combat comes into play.
Perhaps our dear Commander is a Renegade? Perhaps the crew is not Council-approved at all and are just a bunch of
space cowboys trying to make the galaxy a better place. We can discuss the details, but we need a crew first.

The RP will consist of original characters only and there will be a set roles that can be taken around the ship. A
Commander for sure, a doctor, a pilot, etc. It's all bare bones for now, but who would be interested in this venture?

You're right. I'm gonna change him from a Marine Captain to a Naval Commander, with access to the shipyards and all the rest. Instead of our ship already being established, how about--because the Citadel/Alliance won't budge on the Reaper threat, and he's disillusioned with them as a result and he hasn't a crew to help him with this--he STEALS an Alliance scout ship?? Not like the Normandy, mind you, but something suitably sleek. Does anyone object to that??
Ooo...naughty indeed!

Alani isn't going to care, really - she's an ex-Eclipse merc and former Asari Commando, so playing dirty is almost Modus Operandi for her. An Alliance ship will be better-stocked and supplied, anyway - especially if she's taking on the role of Ship's Doctor as well as being the team's combat sniper.

We touched on the idea of something like Tempest as a possibility for our ship, but went back on it as it didn't fit Garn's profile. It would better suit Sean's idea, though, so that becomes an option again. Of course, Tempest isn't armed, but it IS small and fast, and almost stealth-like in its profile, so it could work nicely.

We can have it be a cross between Tempest and Normandy, if armament is something we all want. (It's something I want, so...)

Also, I am playing two Seans already and it's my real name so lemme go and change THAT too! πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

As long as someday she gets to have the hilarious conversation of getting a fleshlight implant, I'm happy. xD

@TheDecker I'd love to have you as a co-DM to move things along when I'm absent! I think we can actually get started, and I can make the appropriate subthreads now.

Tayon: *MONUMENTAL SIGH* I swear such a stupid, wasteful implant.... I might need to 'tinker' with you to make sure it's.... useful. xP

Ah, yes. Thanks.

So I'm thinking that of course there's no ship at the start, and no captain (except for David) but plenty of watering holes to muster a crew and then some. A little bit common, but then again, if it ain't broke...

As long as someday she gets to have the hilarious conversation of getting a fleshlight implant, I'm happy. xD

@TheDecker I'd love to have you as a co-DM to move things along when I'm absent! I think we can actually get started, and I can make the appropriate subthreads now.

Awesome! Then I am glad to be on board for it. :) . Feel free to pm me on anything you need help with currently.

So I'm thinking that of course there's no ship at the start, and no captain (except for David) but plenty of watering holes to muster a crew and then some. A little bit common, but then again, if it ain't broke...
Heh...the old "So you're in this Tavern..." approach.

Alani would have no problems with stealing a ship...but an Alliance ship is a big and well-protected target. I know you'd like a ship that is armed, but there are two things I'd point out here:
* ship-v-Reaper fighting is pretty dull for everyone else; as was pointed out earlier in this thread, most of the real activity takes place off-ship. I'd suggest that ship armaments are not really necessary, and if we do have them, they not be overly powerful.
* if the ship is either not armed, or only lightly-armed, it will be easier to get from Alliance hands (if that's where you're thinking of starting us off - assuming out co-GMs agree with that start). A heavily-armed vessel will be better-guarded, and thus harder to steal (especially for a small, rag-tag group like ours).

Two things in favour of something like Tempest -
* it's not armed;
* it's not Alliance.
The Tempest blueprints technically belong to the Andromeda Initiative, and that project will have launched by the time our game gets underway. So...the plans will be out there, and I'm sure Tempest was not the prototype vessel. ;)

EDIT: Note I'm not trying to make an opinion one way or the other, nor am I trying to force a decision one way or the other; I'm just pointing out a few things that might need to be taken into consideration. :)

Aww, what would poor Kallo say? LOL but there's gonna be enough "boom-boom" on the ship as is :p We can dispense with the weapons. You're right that most of the action takes place off-ship or on board.

Tayon: *MONUMENTAL SIGH* I swear such a stupid, wasteful implant.... I might need to 'tinker' with you to make sure it's.... useful. xP
Xann: *Tilting his head back over his chair* Look, we Quarians know a bit about, uh, 'interesting' implants... but would you mind taking this conversation out of the cockpit? You're both very distracting. πŸ˜…

Anyway, stealing a Tempest prototype? I love that idea!

Sorry for my lack of replies, but unfortunately I need to step out now. I've OOC obligations that I cant set aside which will take up my time. Best of luck to you all.

Sorry for my lack of replies, but unfortunately I need to step out now. I've OOC obligations that I cant set aside which will take up my time. Best of luck to you all.
No problems, chief. Sorry that RL is pulling you elsewhere, but thanks for the heads-up.

Best of luck to you as well.

So...closing in on a month since the last post...I'm guessing this isn't starting...?

Back
Top Bottom