Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Art Thief's Taunt. (LunarWolf & Guardian Angel)

Crystal gave the doctor the information she had on her including that she had notified her brother that they were headed to the er so that he could join them but she hadn;t heard back from him yet.

No Crystal hadn't heard back from Aaron, only because he had found himself getting caught up in dealing with something else. So he had ended up sending somebody in his stead to sit with her until he could arrive. Somebody that he could trust.

Crystal stayed with her even when he did send someone until he was there she refused. since she was an eyewitness to the murders Crystal needed to be there until a formal guard could be put on her.

It wasn't long before he person that Aaron had sent was arriving at the hospital and showing the hastily written note from Aaron, and instructions to give him a call at his number for verification. At the time Kailee was getting an xray down so that they could see if they needed to worry about any brain bleeds.

Crystal looked at the person and then called him but more to tell him that she wouldn;t leave till her arrived. while he may have trusted the person she didn't and she wouldn;t risk the girls life or safety

Aaron was commenting that he wasn't sure how long it was going to take him. Although it wasn't long before Kailee was being brought back and the doctor was stating that everything seemed to be alright. "A laceration on her head from being struck but aren't any bleeds or internal damage done."

Crystal still had him on the phone and then spoke "when can she go to the station and then home" this would let Aaron know that she had some questions to answer but none would be ones that she needed a lawyer for

This had the doctor looking over before he spoke, "We are wanting to keep her here for a few days. We want to wait until she is conscious and then keep her for an extra day after she is awake for observation. But when she awakens and is wanting to answer questions, you can do it here as well."

Crystal nodded her head "sadly we won't be able to wait until she wants to she is the victim in two major cases and we need to get her statement for both"

"Well you will still have to wait until she is conscious. So if she wakes up tomorrow then you will have to wait until the following day to be able to take her to the department for questioning. If she wakes up later this evening then you can take her tomorrow. But until then; she will remain here." the doctor was speaking after a moment in time.

"we can question her here if need be" Crystal wasn't going to be brushed off so easily she understood the her health was important but they had to do several things as well to keep ehr safe

This had the doctor nodding and he was just making a few notes on Kailee's chart before he was stating, "Somebody will be in shortly to take her to get some stitches in."

Crystal nodded and sat next to her while waiting since she was a cop she could go with her and would until she was certain no one would try to come after her

In the end it was actually Crystal's boss that was convincing her to go home, that she would stay there for a while. Yet it was almost three days before Kailee seemed to wake up, and Crystal was receiving the call from the hospital.

Crystal headed right to the hospital and she went right to the girls room knowing full well that they had a long list of questions to go over

Kailee was in fact awake and currently there was a nurse standing in there and asking her some questions. It seemed like she was registering that the woman was speaking to her, although she wasn't really answering the questions verbally. Although there could be numerous reasons as to why that was. One being that she had just woken up form being asleep for the past three days.

This had the nurse looking towards Kailee for a moment in time, who was just gazing out the window, although in the end the blonde was giving a nod, an indication that that was okay and the nurse was leaving.

Crystal looked at her and after closing the door she spoke softly "when my partner get here you need to make sure that you say you had gone ot look at a painting you were interested in buying mix this statement in to everything you tell us about what happened in that mansion" Crystal walked over to her so that she could see the girls face

Kailee didn't seem to respond at all, actually one had to wonder if she had even heard what the woman had said. But she was looking towards her for a moment in time. Yet she didn't say anything still, actually she was just pointing towards the empty cup and was showing her the sign for water. Hopefully she understood. Nope trying to speak earlier had set off a coughing fit, her mouth and throat was so dry. Actually her trying to speak was as though she were somebody who had a cold, how their voice seemed non-existent.

Kailee was sipping at the water through the straw and cleared her throat a bit before she did try speaking. Okay she could speak although her voice was rather hoarse, but that was to be expected. "Thank you." she was speaking after a moment in time, now just holding the cup on her own in both hands. She just leaned back against the pillows and closed her eyes for a brief moment in time, her head was absolutely throbbing at that point in time, especially when he had smoked her in the head with the tire iron. "I had gone there to meet him.... to meet the neighbors; and he invited me into the house. This is where we got talking about art. We talked about it for about an hour or so; then I stated that I needed to get going. I never realized he had padlocked the door until I tried to leave." Kailee was speaking almost absently, already knowing that this was probably the reason why she was there; wanting to know what happened. So she was telling her what had happened from the moment she had gone to the house to when she had called Crystal, soon before darkness was overcoming her.

Crystal recorded her statement and once she had fallen asleep Crystal put a cup near her bed and then covered her up so that she could rest. Crystal then headed out letting the nirse know that Kailee was sleeping and that she had moved her table tobe next to the bed with a cup of water ready for her so that she had something to drink when she woke up. Crystal also let her know that two cops would be coming to stand guard and she gave the nurse pictures with their names and badge numbers "if any cop other then these four show up and you haven't heard from me call the art theft department and ask to speak with the captain to verify if they are to be there"

The nurse was listening to her instructions as she was taking the information before she was giving a nod of her head. With that she was questioning about the man that had been sent there by her brother, if that was somebody that they could allow in. Yet that really wasn't up to Crystal at all. It had been verified by Aaron already that he was there on his order, at least until he was able to get there. When he was finished doing whatever it was he was taking care of.

"I am not family so I can't say but if her brother wants him here then I would let him but if you feel he is a threat at anypoint to her have him blocked ill deal with her brother" Crystal then wished them all well and headed out as she still had a ton of work including taking their claim of the paintings to the court

Back
Top Bottom