Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sanguine Warrior and Princess of Night (Vinaein & Lady Bloody Ava)

This was one of the best intimate moments that she had ever had with him. The woman was out like a light and sleeping soundly having been tucked in so sweetly by her lover before he went to do the task that they had originally planned on doing. A shadowy figure slipped into the room. No windows lined the walls of the home where the rooms would be. It would seem that the only way into her room, known to the public, would be her balcony and the main room door.

Ensnared in the clutches of sleep the moment was snatched as commotion ensued and she rolled over in bed with eyes that were bright and more than capable of seeing her dedicated knight upon someone who had absolutely no business in her bedroom at this ungodly hour. The blanket was clutched to be naked bosom as she sat up and watched the squirming figure blow through stamina under the pressure of a powerful being.

A crimson silken robe was snagged from beside her bed and slipped on and tied at her waist. "What... is going on.... here..." bare petite feet walked over to the other side of the bed where the hooded figure continued to squirm under the weight of her knight. The hood was pulled up and off and the familiar face of a frequently used servant of Lord Dalasai Uthal who curried favor with several other lesser nobles to keep them in his pocket.

"Of course, he would not want to get his own hands dirty so he sends you. Well... we will have you locked up until the sun sets, guarded by someone that we can trust, and see what you have to say in front of the council and my family. What do you say, General?"

Aelius was equally adept in combat as in intimacy, catching his opponent swiftly, locking his hands around the opponent to disarm it. With a wrench of his hands, he deposited his foe upon the ground. His face was not twisted in a snarl or scowl, but his eyes burnt with a pale fury, the crimson mirroring the armor he wore upon his own. Aelius had faced attempts on his own life many a time and bore little by way of grudge for such things.

But he would tear the entire castle down with his bare hands should anyone attempt a strike upon his Gabriella. That much was certain and inextricable from the very core of his being. And he could fight. For the sake of his princess, he would fight with more fury than any entire army.

He didn't even care they might be exposed now. Only Gabriella's safety mattered to him. He had flung the attacker, spy, or whatever down, panting as he heard Gabriella's emergance from the bed, now clad in flowing red silk. He had his opponent pinned, exposing the figure...

"I like the way you think, my princess..." Aelius said, relaxing. He turned to the seneschal.

"What was Lord Uthal planning...?"

Fangs sprouted in the form of a wicked smile. Did this man have a death wish? The squirming ceased, but dark eyes bore in seething hate for the hauntingly beautiful woman that looked down upon him. "You are nothing but a pretty face and a waste of power. Power, that many say, you have no idea how to utilize." The look in her eyes was dangerously calm and calculating. "And?" The word laced with annoyance as she waited for something relevant to be announced. "If you die... another will be made..."

Now there was a moment of confusion, but it did not matter now. "We're not getting anything useful out of him. Have him taken way for the time being, we have several hours before anyone else is awake and moving. If you think that you can get anything else out of him, then do as you please, General. Just make sure he is alive for tonight, intact is an option. Thank you." Despite the dismissal, there was no way that she would be able to fall back asleep with Aelius not by her side.

When the culprit was taken away she sat upon the edge of her bed with a heavy sigh. So they wanted to off her, but all pureblood had their own power, so what could they possibly think that she was capable of that she did not know herself?! It was ll so frustrating and she has left to stew in her own thoughts once again. It was a dangerous place that she would often visit when Aelius was out for long periods of time.

There was no word for how exquisite he found Gabriella in the regal splendor of her smile. The beauty, the allure, the deadliness she contained there. Aelius tried not to grin at her with admiration, love and lust...his attention going back to the servant in his grim as he kept the man there. The man had indeed been trusted with a fool's errand, one that may have succeeded if not for the devotion of a knight to his princess, thought the Sanguine Knight as he curled a lip.

He hoisted the man up, looking into his eyes. It was evident the man would not be able to talk now...would be able to give him little, which meant Aelius had to bring him out, pulling him, boind along to those he trusted in the military without being seen and entrusting him to them. Have him interrogated...not torture, that would be ineffective, Aelius told Flavian, the blond vampire saluting him calmly. Just question him...

And find out if his master was behind it....and now he knew beyond doubt that someone was seeking the life of his princess...and it might have been anyone in the court. It was doubtful that the master of that servant would act alone...

Which left Aelius to return to his princess. "Are you alright?"

Gabriella was found still perched upon the edge of her bed when Aelius returned. His question made a lax smile appear upon her lips. She was tired, but still, a tad perturbed about the attempt on her life. "I am now." Revealing that his presence had a calming effect on her. A soft hand patted on the surface of the bed beside her. "Join me." The sash on her robe was pulled and the loosened fabric was shrugged from her shoulders and laid across the foot of her bed before she crawled back into her bed on the side furthest from the door. It always made sense to have Aelius sleeping between her and the door.

All she wanted, at this moment, was to fall asleep in his arms. They could wake up in the night and tend to the intruder with the proper audience, but she would be no good if she did not get any sleep. "Be at my side tomorrow. I will need your support to see this through." Sure, she was seen by many as stern and powerful, but Aelius was one reason why she felt as though she could be such things. "Thank you, Aelius..." This was a side visible to him and him only.

It wasn't just her strength that made Aelius love his princess. It was her kindness. Her vulnerability. "Well..." he said. "Secret's a bit out there..." he said. At the very least, the paymasters of the assassin or spy would know the man had failed when he didn't report back, though he was now held by those Aelius trusted...might not take much to put things together, he thought. He saw Gabriella remove his robe, seeing the body he loved. On pure instinct, he went and kissed her cheek before he shifted to the bed.

He lay beside her, smiling at her. "Suppose we deal with politics then..." he said as he shifted to his side to look at her. The 'thank you' made his heart melt, the vampie going in to gently kiss her lips. "You know it's what I'm here for...to protect you. To be here for you. My Gabriella..." he whispered her name into her kiss, taking in her scent while brushing his hand against her hair.

Yep, the secret was out, so what was the use in pretending when she could just cuddle with her protector and lover? The kiss to her cheek was tender and endearing and brought a soft smile to her lips. Their love for one another was undying and anyone foolish to think otherwise would be hard-pressed to prove it otherwise. "I know that you are, and I just want it to stay that way. I don't anyone getting in between what we have." Having Aelius in the bed with her overwhelmed her with comfort and made it easy for her eyes to shut even as she spoke. The volume in her tone got quieter and quieter as she tried to stay awake and relish his company when in truth it was lulling her to sleep.

It was clear that a lot had happened and the sleep was much needed. The desire to wake up was clearly not there, but the fates had something else in mind as a continuous, almost frantic knock sounded upon her thick bedroom door. It was clear that someone attempted to open it by the frustrated sigh that sounded. "My Lady.... you are expected in the Council as soon as possible." The young maid's words were accompanied by a groan on the opposite side of the door because Gabriella had clearly heard the interruption and merely buried her head, if possible, further into the chest of her protector. "Must we?" Of course, they had to, but that didn't mean that she wanted to.

With a secret out and free, he unopposed their ruse might be in danger as wel. He could deal with that, he supposed. He chuckled softly to himself...why hide love, though? Whyseal it away where nobody might see it? He knew they wanted one another, and damn whoever thought otherwise. Looking at her, the radiant night made manifest, starlight and midnight given form. Breathing in and out, he brought a hand to her cheek. "Nobody will come between us," he said. "I care not who knows, my princess. My Gabriella....I will see you safe..." he said it again, believing it, even as he knew he had to go and plan soon...to catch their enemies.

"I will keep you safe. I will see you to victory." He remained there to let her sleep, to let her curl back when the knock sounded and the maid knocked. Aelius paused at that, laughing almost weakly as he rubbed his head. "...Unfortunately...I think yo have to. Should I...travel there? I'm TECHNICALLY still an exile after all. By your own decree," he pointed out with a bit of a pleasant and playful little grin, one side he only revealed to her.

After all...

Some Councilors were sure to be serpents at the proverbial chest.

Gabriella relished the feeling of his body in her presence. At this point, she had damn near memorized every perfect imperfection of his otherworldly form. It seemed so as hands idly caressed at that solid flesh with her eyes still closed as she silently fought to delay the inevitable that threatened to break apart her perfect slice of Eden. His little just did make her smile and turn her open eyes up at him. "I think that the cat is out of the bad, my dear. We might as well come clean about the whole ordeal. How else are we to explain how he was captured?"

A light kiss was pressed to his lips before she sat up in bed with a sigh of defeat In the midst of getting ready she did openly speak her thoughts. "We know who was behind last night, but it will still not be easy. They could always say that the servant was blinded by faith and acted on his own accord." At this moment the young noble tried to think of every loophole that could be utilized by the other side to weasel their way out of this. A black sleeveless dress with two slits in the front that went up to her hips adorned her figure. Dark crystals adored the seemingly simple dress bringing about a hauntingly beautiful sight of welcomed death.

Lips were a rich red and another sigh sounded past her lips before she looked to her lover. "Well, the show awaits. Shall we?"

The show awaits, he thought. Like this was a carnival and they were performers, ready to enact their roles before the approving stage of an entire kingdom. Aelius chuckled softly as he observed her dark celestial beautiful, her magnificence solidified before him from moonlight and shadow. His hands brushed against her face, her arms, her sighs, his chuckle soft. "Hmmm....give up our advantage so soon and easy...?" He asked playfully, before he turned serious. "I fear that my doing so would turn some against you, love. After all, I'm to be blamed for the military bungling..."

It was not like a plot would damage Gabriella's standing. Quite the opposite, it might only enhance it. But there were risks, as many in court were not good faith actors. Some doubtlessly plotted against them, and there were the werewolves to consider, he remembered as he rose up, his hand outstretched to help her along with him. "I am with you. To life, to the death, to eternity," he said softly as he bent his neck and kissed her lips...

And then his mouth found hers, just a brief promise for later before he led her through the doors, down the lavish and decadent halls, the general restored to whispers...

With the council awaiting them.

"Advantage? We have seized what we can for that advantage. He will speak and you will be brought back into question once again." He was a source of confidence for her and she would always be a constant support for him. It was why she responded without the slightest hesitation. "You are blamed, but we know that it was not your fault. It was foul play with foul intentions and this is why we sought to find out who would do such a vile thing and threaten the wellbeing of this coven." His hand was accepted with a slight smile that lingered on with his unwavering support and the kiss to seal the truth.

Determined footsteps sounded against the stone floors of their lit home as she closed in on the chambers that housed the council in its high staggered seated glory with an arched ceiling depicted a hand-painted image that only those with a true love of art would weep at its glory. Heavy double doors that were once open were closed behind her by guards as she was looked down upon from the high perched seats by her own kind while their intruder sat on his knees with a guard at either side without a word uttered.

"Nice of you to finally join us, Lady Beaumont." A quaint and shallow bow of her regal head was given before she turned her eyes to their silent guest. "Forgive me as I had a difficult time falling back asleep..." Then those haunting green eyes looked to the smug-looking face of a slender-faced man with a thick and comically long mustache and pencil-thin lips. "Lord Uthal... is this to your servant? He frequents your side quite frequently and yet he somehow lost his way and found his way into my chambers as I slept." This was a juicy moment to those who had no hand in the diabolical things that went on in their lovely capital, but others internally cringed at the anxiety of even having had the slightest hand in it.

"He tried to take my life, did you not?"

"What is he doing here?" Uthal uttered while pointing at Aelius. "How can you expect up to take your word on anything when we all heard what had become of his status, and yet here he stands. Your loyal lap dog."

This is where a smile could do anything but bring comfort to whomever it was intended for and the hairs standing on end would be felt with ease. "Fight fire, with fire... they say. Someone had a hand in aiding the werewolves or gave them a clue as to the tactics of our men and women and that very person threatens the peace that we have worked so hard to achieve."

"And you get this information from him? It is merely a ply to cover up the failure." Another voice sounded, this time a female.

"What are the odds that after so much success, those beasts would randomly have the upper hand? This man and the warriors that follow him are celebrated and many of you would rather point your finger led on by your bigoted views, rather than find out who threatens our society. Let us just ignore that fact, that there was a feeble attempt at my life and I HIGHLY doubt that it was personal for him."

The tension was thick and someone else finally spoke, "Uthal... he is your servant what have you to say? That he walked into the chamber of our lady without a word from herself warrants death already. Do you truly have nothing to say to stave off your fate, boy?" A thickly accented voice with a drawling tone spoke from the overhead pews draped in a faint glow.

"Blinded by his loyalty to me, I can only imagine why, but I would not think to har a single hair upon Our Lady's head." Suspicion was thick and many conversed amongst themselves.

"His death is to be carried out and we will look into these claims, My Lady. Council dismissed."

Gabriella bowed her head and turned on her heel as the doors were opened before her and she walked out and walked over to her personal library and sat behind her ornately carved wooden desk with a sigh and the double doors closed. "What have we truly accomplished Aelius?"

The slip of his hand into Gabriella's brought the barest of smiles to the general's face. And then he took her hands up and kissed them, touching each finger to his lips, letting the warmth of her skin linger against his while he whispered her name. He could not help but wonder, however, at what they were getting into. A soldier, true, but politics was not his chosen arena. And Gabriella was a princess, but one who knew the game. And oh, she knew it. She was strong, confident...but together, they had to prove a team. If they hoped to survive, he thought as he squeezed her hand delicately.

His booted feet trod the stone, a hard retort that announced him as he walked alongside the Princess of the Night. He walked with his head back, shoulders square, receiving looks as they moved past, light whispers from the soldiers. He knew those behind him, but saw others in the houses of the lords and the houses...the servants seemed to be upon Gabrielle'a side, he observed, while they arrived...

And the council was arranged in one vast circular shape, like the phases of the moon, each pillar occupied by another noble house and all their guards, lords and ladies of the ruling vampire families and clans, in their fineries and armors, grinning and whispering among themselves. House Ruthven, House Vathek, House Karnstein...each of them, with their power and grandeur.

And the remnants of the military, in armor of black and gold, with the room shining to stimulate the great moon above, while Aelius tilted his head upward. And he did what he did best: He listened to Gabriella's calm verbal repartee. Aelius looked at Lord Uthal, seeing the dandy there...the man was no soldier, not like Lord Juran Ruthven, who watched with a soldier's appraisal, his lips revealing his fangs...

But Gabriella fought well. She sparred back with Lord Uthal, sneering in contempt at the petty politics before her. Aelius simply let her talk, murmurs around them demonstrating their skepticism at his presence, let alone his status. But when Gabriella sprung the card of the werewolves, a hush set over the room, light grumbles and discontent murmurs echoing. Vampires did so love their rumors.

As soon as it had become the council was at an end, but Aelius had time to examine the Lords and Ladies...and the King and Queen. They stood there, impassive, the ruler of the nation wearing black and white robes with his long black hair bound behind him. His wife had hair of scarlet, done up in an elaborate noble style. Her gaze fell upon Gabriella, a proud look in her eyes as the King directed his words to the others.

"If one has betrayed the nation...then we would know it. Games only extend so far. We shall see the rest, will we not?" He smiled then and nodded. "Dismissed..."

And Aelius reached his lover, sliding an arm about her. "We struck the first blow...the rest is on us," he told her, his breath gentle against her ear.

"Do you trust me...Gabriella?' He brushed her hair gently. "Because I might have a plan..."

When it was just the two of them the tension seemed to ease, and it melted away when she found herself wrapped in his embrace. A hum of approval could not be held back as she closed her eyes and just relaxed. His voice was always welcomed and his question caused a smile to tug at the corner of her lips. "Of course, I trust you, Aelius. Unconditionally." Now she was intrigued. "A plan?"

Gabriella always praised Aelius and let him know that one had to have brains and brawn to do a that he was capable of and yet he still proved to be an enigma to her. Perhaps it was why there was never a dull moment when it came to him? Regardless, she was all ears to hear what he had in mind. He was right. They had dealt the first blow and now it might be a waiting game at this point. "I am glad that you have a plan because I will be riddled with anxiety wondering what will happen next. So do tell."

"Simple, my love." Aelius walked to her, his arms so tight about her as he brought a hand up to stroke at her hair, murmuring gentle endearments as his mind worked. "We've made our move, they're aware." He smiled at her, holding her agaainst him. "The kingdom is in dangr. There is none around who does not realize it now...so the traitors will want to make moves before long..." he whispered. "To reap the benefits..."

He waited a moment. "We don't just wait...we go to the others. We speak to them ourselves and we begin forming alliance..." he grinned. "We have an idea of who not to trust thanks to the assassin. But now we figure out who we can actually trust most." he rubbed a hand upon her shoulder. "Naturally, your lord and lady parents are those we can rely on, even if they cannot assist overmuch...but there are lords and ladies we can depend on...some with connections to the military if you get my drift...?"

At that moment she found herself in her safe haven. Her mind was no longer in defensive mode. The man had the power to lull her mind with smooth words and a protective demeanor. His touch, on the other hand, had a special skill that ignited her in all the places with little effort. Gabriella could get lost in his smile. The noble was all ears and smiles. "You never cease to amaze me. Have I ever told you that before?" The look of awe should have said it all as it was clear that she did not want to leave his embrace. "We are just beginning, but I do have high hopes." '

There was a genuine and relaxed smile upon her soft lips and a soft sigh following his wise words. "I definitely catch your drift and Aelius Ordus Castus may I say that I am rather enjoying this calm and calculated side of you." Suddenly she realized that his lips were too far from her and that was unacceptable and easily remedied. A kiss was seized without any hesitation. It was short and sweet. "You are favored by many people, and some nobles greatly admire you." Words whispered against his lips as the world went on around them. "Speak to them and I will speak to the others. We have more on our side than we may think."

"Mmmm..." Aelius put an arm around his lover and simply held her there for a moment to give and receive comfort. With a soft sigh, he gave of his presence so she might know a measure of peace. His hand brushed against her back, against her hair as he murmured his endearments to her ear. "You've mentioned it a time or two," he whispered with a teasing note to his voice, the grin spreading to his face. "But I could stand to hear a bit more." He tugged her ev er closer, holding her still. He wanted her to know he was close to her. That he would not depart from her.

Not then. Nor ever.

He decided on a course of action, chuckling delicately to hear his full name from her. "Hmm...you like me devious?" He added before she kissed him, his arms around her. He pulled her into the kiss, breaking it then, before he looked into her eyes. "Whom shall we begin with, love?" He slid his hand against her back. "For we can build an army of our own..."

That remark made her smile and almost laugh. Aelius was no pushover and had no issues with telling her no or joking around with her. It was one of the main reasons why she loved him so. "Of course, you could." The chuckle was inevitable. "We have a number of allies that we can work on, but how well acquainted are you with Lord Juran?" Lord Duran was a staunch military man, so one would figure that anyone sabotaging his men would be caught on the wrong side of him. "We also have Lady Vera of the House de Lyon. Such a sweet lady that rules her house with an iron fist. She will be my first stop, actually."

The idea of building their own army was none too far from her mind. They really could do this. "There's Lord Devero and possibly Lord Byron as well. Shall we divide and conquer from here? Maybe you can reward me later..." Such a little minx, as always. "I mean, saving our people is always good motivation, but maybe I can get a little extra credit?" There was that look about her reserved just for him.

Aelius liked seeing his lover smile. There was a radiance to her, like the very face of the moon shining before them. While they had bid farewell to the sun by their natures, the moon could shine just as bright and just as beautiful. His own eyes gleamed with crimson light. "I know Juran well," he admitted. "He's military. Knows us well. Don't always see eye to eye..." that might have been an understatement... "But he's an honest one. Vera de Lyon is honest as well...I leave that to you. And then we must undertake the task of disentangling who exactly is trustworthy and who is not..."

He smiled at her next comment, lifting an eyebrow. Minx indeed. So much going on and she defaulted to..." he chuckled and shifted her suddenly upon the desk, lifting her chin. He kissed her hard, hard as he could. His tongue flicked between her lips, dancing delicately to hers before he pulled back. "And what reward would my princess prefer?"

The was a little vocal yelp of surprise as she was maneuvered with ease onto the sturdy surface of her desk. Aelius gifted her a kiss that could make her forget about everything they had just spoken about and then some. Like so many things the kiss ended all too soon but it lit a fire within and the motivation was already set in motion no matter what spoken desires she had for their retirement later on in the day. "You are my enabler and a wonderful enabler at that." Such a sinfully sweet smile lingered upon those soft lips. "My request is a simple one: a bath with you. I am going to need one after hearing Lady Vera swoon over you." A quick peck was savored before she continued on.

"The woman has never been one to hide how much she would love to get a piece of you and it's not just about your looks," Gabriella was not wrong, though it should be no surprise to Aelius. Vera had, on more than one occasion, used Aelius as an example to put other men to shame, and the man wasn't even there to hear it happen. "Well, my love, we had better be off. I have a carriage ride to the lavished estate of the House of Lyon and you have to plan an encounter with the almighty bull-headed Lord Juran." There was no way that she could leave without another kiss and it almost looked painful when she slid off of the desk and slipped away from him. "May we divide and conquer. Good luck." From the doorway, she disappeared and made her way to where the carriage waited.

Naturally, she was not left unattended as there were escorts to see to her safety. Thankfully it was a short venture and she found herself at the caste of an imposing estate that opened up with ease at the sight of the fags that were adorned with her family crest. "Well.... here we go..."

The little yiping squeal that emanated from Gabriella's lips brought a grin to Aelius's face. His kiss was not just a sign of passionate love. It was a promise that when this was done, when this was through, he would have her again and she would know she was his anew. His feelings for her burnt so bright now, like a crimson fire in his chest. "A bath with me, eh?" He grinned. "I'm sure I can accommodate." He whispered in her ear. "And remember this desk. You're going to be bent over it later." He kissed her cheek and neck, chuckling before she stole the kiss so that he might remember...

Aeliu rose up, adopting the formal air of a man ready to head to work. His grin grew as he contemplated his Gabriella, how amazing she was. How ravishing, beautiful, strong, self assured...yes, he thought. He was in love. He was love to this princess who had stolen away his eternity.. With her headed out to Lyon, he was bowing delicately. "And good luck," he whispered...

Aelius mainly relied on his contacts in the army to arrange a meeting with the House of Juran...Lord Juran had the air of a warrior, a well built beast of a vampire with sharp fangs, shorn hair and dark skin, bearing white armor of his house. When he had been approached, Aelius could only bow in respect...

Hoping Gabriella was remaining safe in the House of Lyon...

There was no denying that a lot of the time spent on the ride to the House de Lyon was spent lingering on how Aelius planned on utilizing her desk. It was enough to cause a slight red hue to her cheeks. The carriage pulling to a stop and the door opening up was what brought her mind back to the here and now. A white-gloved hand reached out to help her decent out of the carriage. It proved to be none other than Sir Cassian who helped her down from her perch with a respectful bow of his head. Gabriella would love to see Cassian and Aelius spar one day. The man before her was built with the purpose of defense.

If one did not notice how stacked his physique was, then they must have been swayed by the unnatural auburn hues of his eyes. When sated with blood his skin held an olived hue that would catch anyone's eye as well. Short sleek black tendrils were always tied back like they were a hindrance to the job. The man looked more like he belonged on a battlefield than greeting a noble. "Lady Beaumont." There was a sweet smile on her lips.

"Sir Cassian, I apologize for the unannounced visit, but I hope to get a moment with your Lady if she would be so inclined to indulge me?" The man held a stoic look about him as all his answer was, "Right this way My Lady." Those watching over her followed in her wake as petite walked her through the tall halls of a lavished home. Rich darker hues were favored by the house of Lyon crimson and gold were those of the family house and so it showed throughout the decor.

Not before long, she found her name being announced before having entered a lovely circular study. The ceiling was domed and from it hung an imposing chandelier comprised of countless flickering candles. A slender woman with long auburn tendrils tied back into a ponytail and a very unique sleeveless dress with high slits up either side that lent a view to skin-tight pants that were in the same fabric of the dress. Ornate black leather gauntlets adorned her hands as she stood there and bowed before her guest. Gabriella was kind enough to return the gesture before both sat down, separated by an imposing desk.

"What brings your delightful company to the Hose of Lyon, dear Princess?" Both women exchanged silent glances because they both know why she was here.

"The ambush. We have a rat in our midst and I want to know who to trust." Gabriella wasted no time and skip all formalities. " I know you, Vera. I know you well enough to suspect that you might have already started having people look into it." A smile grew on Vera's lips showing off those pearly whites before she waved a hand and the hefty double doors were closed, leaving them with a moment of privacy.

Very stood up from her seat and started slowly pacing behind the desk, "Ah you always were the observant one. Another reason why I really like you. You are not just a pretty face, like so many of those idiots think." Gabby sat relaxed and watched as the noble calculated in her mind just what to say. "Yes, we have started looking into it. It might involve my family and their standing and we will no risk that, so yes it was worth looking into." Both women would kill sometime discussing who they think could be trusted and who may have the motive to do such a thing to begin with. When all was said and done she was seen off by a confirmed ally and arrived home and went straight to that tempting desk where she sat in wait.

Aelius, for his part, was facing Lord Juran, with not a bow of a supplicant, but the salute of a soldier. The broad shouldered vampire knight laughed softly, being a towering mass of muscle with white and black hair, pointed ears and sharp fangs. The man had been born to the battlefield, more powerful than most vampires in the kingdom. His eyes were glinting with their own golden light and Aelius thought of his beloved, his Princess now at the de Lyon household, securing her own. The men of Juran's house were soldiers as well. The women, too. They were hard and strong.

Aelius had even trained some himself in the day. There were few people in the entirety of the kingdom he was not sure he could defeat. But Lord Juran was one of those few. Even in his own household, he strode about fully armed and prepared for combat with a dangerous glint to his eyes. He grinned to see the Sanguine Knight there. "It was QUITE the show you put on, knight. Please spare us the kneeling and scraping. It'd only insult me now."

Aelius remained upright, keeping eye contact with the dangerous warleader and lord. "I am pleased you enjoyed it, your lordship."

"You and the princess are the talk of the down!" The vampire laughed, circling Aelius with a chuckle. "I've approved! So, you must be here for a reason and I can only guess why."

"There is a traitor in the houses, Lord Juran."

"And why do you think it's not me?" Juran cocked his head.

"Because I've served with your family. Your House lost members on our field." Aelius pointed out with a shake of his head and a dark frown. "Too many. And one thing everyone knows of you it is that you value your soldiers. I've served with many and I know your measure, Lord Juran."

"Such boldness may be the end of you one day," Juran pointed out, before he chuckled again. "There are many lords. Why come to me? I'm hardly known for politics, Castus."

"BEcause you are the one we can trust." Aelius made it as if it was the most obvious thing in all the world, thinking of Gabriella the whole time. "And because you are already committed. Your guards watch the king and queen. If you wished them dead it would be done by now."

Juran looked briefly surprised, but smirked after a moment. "Well, then. General after all...let me guess, your princess has chosen...de Lyon?" He smirked slightly. "Just a lucky guess."

Aelius found himself liking the man, moreso when Juran shrugged. "Well, why not? Might be a nice opportunity to spit in the eye of the Varneys..." he laughed softly. "Or the Ruthvens....I'll just had to speak to your princess...

"Make sure you're equally committed to this affair."

Gabriella managed to get a sit down with Lord Klaus. He was a foreign diplomat of their kind that never left. Ironically enough Lord Klaus sought her out and they had a sit down in her office to discuss how things were fairing and issues arising. Not just the sabotaging of their troops, but taxes, and projects that were promised, but have yet to be fulfilled. It was a nice conversation. It was fully laid out. Gabriella always felt that the monarch truly did not hold as much power as many thought. May decisions went through the council. Yes, her parents could make decisions on some important things, but laws were finicky.

"Things in my other clan were different. The monarch rules and the council is only there for a suggestion. It is easier to watch over a ruling family than it is a group of nobles with their own various interests."

Gabriella respected the man and listened to some minor critiques. "It is wonderful to be in love, but do not forget what your role in life is," to that Gabriella remained quiet. It was a very conflicting thought that ran through her mind. Both her and Aelius had their duties and it was ground into them to see this done, but could they lose one another doing such a thing. "I understand," she eventually replied before the wise man saw his way out and she went about her work. Papers piled upon her desk entailed requests from various people, invitations to events, news from abroad.

With Lord Juran laughing, Aelius was joining in. He attempted to stay as friendly as possible, the old warrior folding his arms as he considered what the Sanguine Knight had come to say. "Interesting words," the tall warrior said with a playful shake of his head. "And youv'e really stepped into this, haven't you, Aelius Ordus Castus? At first, this likely wasn't personal, but it is now. You and the Princess have sure made yourselves targets."

Aelius bristled slightly at that, his eyes narrowing, though Juran gave a harshly amused chuckle. "It's the truth, lad. You think it's a shock? You haven't been in politics enough. Someone goes after the royals, you've made clear you're an obstacle..." He had a goblet of blood poured for him. And then another for Aelius.

"The fact is...there are a LOT of nobles...and I'll help. But first, your princess must sponsor a contest between us..."

Work was never over and the woman lost herself in the mounds of paperwork and reading through proposals and invitations from various people. "An invitation to the house of White to celebrate the engagement of Sir William, second son of Viscount and Viscountess Collin, and Lady Victoria, daughter of Baron and Baroness Klaus. Interesting union..." It was an open opinion. Certainly, there were far more well-off women to pair with the Viscount's son. Why the daughter of a Baron? There were obvious reasons being that marriage and love was most likely not one of them and she would bet her immortality on it. Both houses were staunchly traditional and set in the old ways. No doubt, Victoria and William were merely pawns in the game of politics. As were most people, these days. Maybe she would invite the newly engaged couple over for a private audience, under the guise of a personal congratulations. A personal invitation was written out for both and set to be delivered two days from now. The lady's personal assistant would see to the task and then more work was tended to.

The pangs of hunger were knawing at her, but the stubborn woman was determined to get as much done as possible. Even when a fresh meal was brought to her, it sat on the corner of her desk, with a polite thank you and her eyes starring at the writing before her. News from abroad was always important. Their kind was never one to be caught unawares, normally. At least when it comes to outsiders and other clans. When there was a traitor in your midst, things could get very tricky. The mere thought caused her mind a dull ache and the paper that she held in her hand was placed back upon her desk with a great before she leaned back and rest her eyes shut as she got lost in her own mind. Only now did she find herself wondering what her better half was up to.

Back
Top Bottom