Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sanguine Warrior and Princess of Night (Vinaein & Lady Bloody Ava)

Vinaein

Banned
Banished
@Lady Bloody Ava

Aelius Ordus Castus never missed an opportunity to remind himself how much the world had changed over the course of centuries. The Sanguine Knight was walking through the streets of the great City of Night, marveling in its beauty, taking in the scents and sights of it all. Many kingdoms around the world flourished by day, but only theirs came so alive at night, blooming amidst the moon like a great land of night jasmine.

And why would? Was Vitalos not the center of culture? Were its doctors, its scientists, its poets and alchemists not renowned half the world over, as much as its soldiers? It was not for nothing that Aelius had acquired the title 'Sanguine Knight.' That had been wrenched bloodily from the legacies of countless enemies over the course of his years of life until he had achieved a status that few among the ruling vampiric class could claim. His was the confidence of the royal family, despite his relative youth amidst the ranks of the undead.

Vitalos held claim to being an empire, and it was easy to see why; the capital city was vast, with towering structures of marble that dwarfed the wood and stone structures underneath. The great Cathedral next to the palace was a reminder of what one could achieve when they had eternity to put their mind to it.

The moon was overhead, stars glistening in the night sky. Aelius, for his part, walked alone, dressed for a party. The handsome vampire's hair was cut short, jet black, and his eyes were a brilliant amber. he had a clipped goatee, making him appear older than his years. The Sanguine Knight cut a dashing figure as he strode through the streets, peering at the humans with pleasantries exchanged here and there. The blood taxes were paid and thus all lived in genial harmony.

And soon Aelius stood at the tail of the ball, a masquerade. He donned his mask, adorning his features in black and gold, hiding his face from view. If one were to see many of the attendees under their masks, they would see noble, aristocratic features. Aelius himself could appear easygoing and friendly, now dressed in finery even if he might have preferred the comforts of a soldier's crimson armor. About them, there was laughter, revelry and music, with human and vampire alike mingling on the floor.

He saw the masked men and women waltzing across the floor, to the beat of the music. He smiled as he lost himself with the sensations as well, letting the music carry him so he could forget politics, forget the fraternities of the night, forget anything but the dance and the enjoyment. Another of the royal family's hosted parties, he thought as he heard the delighted laughter of a woman in her own mask swept along with a man in jester's motley.

He began to look over the party, seeing everyone arranged. Doubtlessly the royals would be there, where they might forget the troubles of the corporeal. It might be that they would be discussing how best to protect their holdsings from other nations, from the wraith kingdoms, to the great werewolf clans of the forest...

Perhaps, he realized, she might be there tonight as well...

In fact, he was certain of it.

This was an exciting night. The usual dull and monotonous atmosphere of her home was displaced by the sounds of laughter and music coupled with the scent of blood and booze. Faces were hidden behind masks and even that of Princess Gabriella Eloise de Beaumont. Emerald eyes peered from behind the gold and black laced half-mask tied behind her head with a crimson satin ribbon. Ebony tresses cascaded in curls to frame a fair-looking face with lips painted in a rich red hue. Creamy shoulders were bare and tempting as a deep green and black gown clung to her torso adorned with a heart-shaped neckline. A teardrop emerald pendant sat just above the crevice of her ample bosom, suspended by a gold chain.

This was the face of their future. The renowned hidden gem of the head family. Undeniably pure-blooded and groomed to be the next face of their kind. The woman was kept so close that it was a wonder that she was even allowed to attend the ball in the first place. The woman was not exactly defenseless. Actually, only a handful of people knew what she was capable of let alone what her personality was like. As heeled petite feet walked her through the sea of humanoids, there was one familiar face that she was looking forward to.

A glass of blood was snagged from a tray being walked around by a servant. The red fluid ventured down her throat and brought forth more of a rosy hue to her skin. "Come out, come out where ever you are..." Gabriella playfully chimed to herself with a soft smile upon her countenance. Of course, it was not long before she was requested to dance with a short somewhat portly nobleman. Sometimes Gabby could be too nice and found no ground to walk on when looking for a reason to deny the man. Lord Julien was rather loose with the hand when it came to dancing and it happened to take two steps to his feet to get the man to politely let her go.

"And your name is?" Surely he jested. How could he not know who she was?

"My name is Gabriella," jest or not she turned on her heel and left to continue her hunt. Lord Julien was clearly too inebriated to connect the dots fast enough before he hinted upon just who he had just danced with. A female dressed in gold from head to toe and appeared as regal if not more so than the heir before her laughed loudly, displaying her pearly white fangs, and turned to look away from the circle of men surrounding her to the silent woman ghosting through the throng. "You smell ravishing..." It was not the first time she has heard that, but loose lips were all around and to be pointed out was not exactly what she had been hoping for before finding that all too elusive man.

"Thank you," there was no denying that she was not human, but there was something special about her and if one did not know who she was, then it was easy to assume that she was of great importance. Gabriella braced for the onslaught of questions ready to come her way. No doubt if she announced that she was looking for someone specific, they would insist on aiding her in her search and it was a mere headache thinking of the inevitable. Eyes from the head table were attempting to keep an eye on their charge. Even in such a fun setting she still felt the proverbial shackles holding her in place within the walls of her own home.

Aelius, the Sanguine Knight glided silently through the room, his eyes upon guest after guest. He could see some he had known for years. Others he had known for decades as far as vampires reckoned such things. Justinian Ambrosinus, for one, was wearing a red-lined cape with a fur trim, his dark eyes glinting conspiratorially from behind his mask, the pupils glinting with a red light when only Aelius's eyes were upon him. Aeliusoffered the tightest and barest of smiles, attempting to disengage from the festivities as he offered the platitude of greeting and wishes for good fortune to his fellows.

It was not that the vampire did not appreciate a party, far from it. But he could never help but feel staunchly out of place at such things. He was not one of the ancient nobility; his own family were vampires, of course, but of no storied house and certainly no royal blood. While he had earned such a place by deed, there were those who seemed intent upon never allowing him to forget humble origins.

Still, he knew enough to form a pretense to nobility amidst this masquerade. His smile grew as he greeted those about him, hearing the admiring murmurs as they gazed upon the Sanguine Knight. Was it not he who had led the forces of Vitalos on the frontiers, in the clashing wars against the Warlock armies of Naziran? Was it not him who had made the stand at the Battle of the Targo Pass?

One other vampire noble, a woman named Falena was pacing her way by him, her tongue clicking playfully. "You're always quite late to the party, SirAelius. The refreshments are top of the line as ever."

"I shall take your word for it." He had fed earlier, with no interest in supping upon the human nobility, nor in the sparkling carmine fountains found throughout the room. "Have you have any from your dance partner?"

"A few sips here and there. Poor lad will merely think he drank too much later. A bit of water, a biscuit, right as rain," she chuckled wickedly, flashing the tips of tiny fangs in a grin. "But you hardly seem to be enjoying yourself, dear Knight."

"When you attend ten thousand galas, the ten thousandth and first might start to seem just a touch mundane, my lady," Aelius returned with an idle shrug, his arms folding. "I'll likely see planned soon enough as well." What was immortality without a chance for some fun and decadence? It seemed to go with the territory. There were precious few like him in this kingdom "Plus...invitations always find their ways out. I barely know who's attending anymore." True, he did feel out of place.

"Well, isn't that a shame. I hope you find something interesting," Falena teased as she moved to meld back into the crowd anew. Aelius took the chance to excuse himself, though there was something of a feeling to him, a sudden realization:there was someone most familiar there...

Was someone seeking him? For what purpose? He simply melded to the shadows, waiting...until he saw her. Fair of skin, with raven-colored hair, masked and with a lithe, lovely form. And the gown...

He found himself near to her, the jewel of the night as some had called her. As he stared at her beneath the mask, the word left his lips, divested of all formality.

"Gabriella."

Just when she thought that there was no hope in looking for her target under the guise of a woman that wanted no one else's attention save for one other person, the fine hairs on the back of her neck stood up. The feeling of eyes upon her was nothing new as that was always the case, but this feeling made her turn her head. Like a beacon out at sea she caught the eyes that were the hues of the early morning rays that threatened to peek through the curtains and drew a person in with no hesitation.

At that moment all other noise was drowned out. The pampered woman trying to speak with her was easily drowned out, but clearly, it was not lightly taken. Lady Cramer was not one for being ignored and had the sheer audacity to grab Gabriella by the wrist. This was ridiculous and left Gabby a hairsbreadth from breaking this woman's wrist. It honestly would be more embarrassing than anything. She would heal in due time. Behind those gem-colored eyes, one could see the wheels turning and weighing the pros and the cons of her next action, whatever it may be.

Instead, a charming smile was displayed and soft red lips whispered something only audible to the woman. Her wrist was dropped with such speed that you would have thought someone threw a stake through the dear woman's heart. A visible shiver ghosted through the noblewoman and a hesitant, yet polite nod.

"Enjoy!" The heiress politely rang out before turning on heel once more and facing the very man she had been looking for. Her face had gone from content to a mix of elated and mischievous at the same time. Lightly she shook her head in a 'tsking' manner. The volume was such that she had to get close to him to even be heard and that was no issue for her.

"Aelius." How could she not say his name without a smile. "Nice of you to join us this evening." If anything it was a tease. She knew very well that the last thing that he wanted to do was go through the stiff mannerisms that came with attending a ball. "To be honest I am surprised that you came at all." If anyone was devoted to the Empire that was Vitalos it was Aelius Ordus Castus. A famed man who earned his way up the ranks and it was one of the reasons that she found him so fascinating.

Another reason was that Aelius always listened to her. Not in a subservient way, but as a venting outlet. Nor did he cater to her every whim based on her title. I guess you could say that he made her forget about her title, her status in life for a change. That... that was refreshing. Okay, alright there was the added fact that he was very good-looking, but that was honestly just icing on the cake. "Do not be stiff with me Aelius, of all people, not you, please I beg of you." The faux plead was accompanied with a genuine light laugh. Now her night could begin.

Aelius had to admit, he did not quite fit in with such august company. The delicate and decadent nobles left him cold sometimes. He could enjoy it, appreciate it, even relish it, but so near to the last battle it simply left him cold inside his slowly beating heart. He exchanges smiles and pleasantries throughout the glances he traded, resplendent in crimson and black. His sword, ceremonial as it might be at the moment, was at his side.

But among the shallow nobles, there was one who cut through the gloom like a knife. The sycophantic noises and chatters faded as he beheld her. He could see her across the floor, the mask covering those pale features. Her hair was a dark curtain, a black firmament that seemed to catch the light of stars about it. Gabriella, the high princess of the ruling family. He should have known she would be here. He should know better than to be surprised.

Yet here she was. And he was surprised to see her. He stared more than he should have, more than was proper. He stared right at her, his breath quickening in his throat. He forgot everything in that room but the princess of the blood before him. He managed to adopt his finest smile, shoulders squared back and head held high.

The crimson lips stretched upward into such a confident expression while she came forward. He saw her coming well before arrival. She was the pinnacle of class, elegance, grace and charm; with the strut to her step, the tilt of her head, the line of her mouth, the way she so dispassionately stated his name. "Your highness," he said simply. "I could not stay away, with such a generous invitation." He stared at her, something about his demeanor carrying the vaguest impression of challenge towards her. It was hardly, he reflected, a surprise, with their lengthy history. "It would have been very rude to refuse,"

"And what of you...?" He asked her. His voice was soft now, even gentle as his eyes roamed about her. He kept them to her eyes, seeing the shine of the night within them. Dashing figures they presented indeed, to all those about them. "Do I find you well, your high- " he stopped himself, hearing her request. "...Do I find you well...Gabriella?" the way he said her name, savoring it like the sweetest of wines, reaching out to take and kiss her hand.

"I have missed you."

Gabriella found herself almost ashamed at how the sound of this one person's voice soothed over the nerves that had been grated while hunting him down. By now she had memorized every feature of his handsome face. A simple smile tugged at the corner of those ruby red lips as the picturesque Knight before her corrected his wording to accommodate her request. It was difficult to explain the turmoil going on within her being as his lips met the soft back of her hand. On the outside, Gabriella was as poised as one would expect of a person of her status. Internally she groaned and whined. How she would prefer to be out of the crowd and someplace a little more secluded, like the castle garden grounds. It wouldn't have been the first time they got lost in the garden maze.

"Now I am better," the soft-spoken woman having implied that she had not been so before having found him. "I have missed you as well. I know that you have your duties to attend to, but you must visit me more often." Though the girl was always a sponge of vast knowledge and skilled in surprising ways, what else was one to do when you are not free to come and go as you please.

"It can become maddening in this gilded cage." Quickly the topic was changed to one headed down a less somber road and she was sure he would not enjoy hearing how dull these hallowed halls had become. "Enough about that, would you care to dance?" There was that look again. Even behind a mask there was an allure about the vampiress that made it so hard to deny her. Then again, if she had her way then she would have been free to roam about the capital and commingling amongst her kin, humans, and all who make the venture to their lands.

"I apologize..." the eyes that spoke of all thing new born in the spring, of a soul that remained ever-young looked away at nothing in particular. "If you have business to tend to then I do not mean to be an imposition." It was rather rude of her to assume that he had come here just to spend time with her when there was so much fun going on around them as well as a slew of very important figures. This was Aelius Ordus Castus that she was speaking to. There was not a person near and far who did not know his name.

Aelius for his part felt a deep relief in the presence of the princess. The gem of the evening, the blackened sapphire who could outshine the lustrous moon above. The smile brightened his own face, his eyes boring down against those of Gabriella's own.. Still, the vampire knight kept his posture casual and relaxed at the sight of her, standing to a near rigid attention. He managed to force himself a more casual posture while he bent down to press his lips to the back of the princess's palm. Gabriella cut an elegant persona among all this, but deep down, he knew her taste was more to the casual side. Among the nobles of the court, he would be forced to answer that as needed, but he knew in their more personal moments, she desired not the Sanguine Knight, but Aelius himself.

He was only too happy to provide. There was a relief not to armor his heart and soul as well as his body. There was a relief in being able to pursue himself with another. There was a relief in simply being along side her there. "I regret I have been away, Gabriella. I have looked forward to discussing more with you. Your taste for poetry is such an enviable thing in these times..." he added. The mention of a gilded cage made his lips tug in gentle sympathy. He knew where her own wishes lay, beyond the walls of Vitalos in the expanse of wilderness.

But concerns melted away like dewdrops in the sun as she offered the dance. The smile answered her question entirely, so much so that he scarce needed to say the next words: "I would be delighted." Superfluous dialogue, mayhaps, but said even so. The allure of the princess drew him in, almost like he was a hapless creature wandering into the spider's web.

So instead he attempted to master the sensation, offering his arm. "Please grant me the honor of the dance, Gabriella," he said, uncaring for the proprieties suddenly. "if you desire I would not leave your side for this entire night." And perhaps far longer," he added as he took her arm, leading her to the dance floor. The music was slow, a haunting waltz that followed as he set his feet to the floor in time with her.

"And what, dear Gabriella, has filled your nights in this time...? Surely you have pursuits of your own."

To hear that he was delighted to indulge her in a dance brought about that pearly white smile. Easily she accepted his arm and accepted his hand as they took their place amongst the other dancers. A visibly rosy hue danced upon her cheeks at the sound of his offer. "And how could you make that possible? Are you not needed out there?" His question was one not easily answered. With lives as long as theirs, there was not much that she had left to do. "Archery has been mastered. I've nearly read every book in the old library. I've done things here and there." If there was one thing she had spent a lot of time doing it was day dreaming. " I guess you could say that I spend a lot of time in my own head these days. Pondering the fleeting lives of humans and their reasons for recklessness." Her mind went on the announce other oddities that she would never voice to anyone other than Aelius.

"I can only imagine the other types of beings out there and their cultures and ways of life varying from ours." Here she laughed. "I guess that answers your question. I have been imagining things." She was certainly an odd one. It was quite the relief being able to speak so freely. "Before the night is over, I would like to take a walk to the garden's maze with you. The moon hangs high and I find it too beautiful of a night to remain inside for long." Though the music was lovely and dancing with her Knight was equally fun, the garden beckoned. It was her safe haven. Quite frequently could their princess be found wandering the garden on clear nights such as this.

From out of nowhere a deep cough sounded. It caused Gabriella to stop in her tracks and bowed her head at the tall and broad silver haired man that commanded their attention with mere presence alone. "King Otho." Even though he was her father she was always aware of their stations in public.

"I merely come to greet Sir Castus. I trust the Princess is hosting you well?" Gabriella held her tongue. It was surprising to find the King checking up on his daughter personally, suggesting another motive for gracing them with his presence. The visit was short and sweet before King Otho was called away by an Argonian diplomat that was seeking to make an agreement to allow them to trade in the village and use the roads as safe passage. There were benefits to this agreement, but King Otho was anything but careless.

"Well... that was interesting, to say the least. Shall we head to the garden or would you like another dance?" That smile graced her lips once again.

Aelius could only delight in the joy that his response brought to Princess Gabriella. The Sanguine Knight kept his own posture and demeanor as he offered his arm to her. "Oh, am I needed so soon? I would have hoped there would be a mitigation of such a ned. After all, we're at a party are we not?" He knew she was jesting, returning wit for wit there. After all, it would be a crisis if he was needed out in the streets of the capital indeed. You would think the werewolves would have breached them. "Archery indeed?" He murmured, impressed. He had seen her skills with a bow, how she could let loose with the unerring shaft to pierce the target. "And nearly every book. Are any not worth reading twice?" He continued. Aelius was an accomplished reader himself, after all, there are new ones published every year.

He reminded himself Gabriella had never been out of the city, nor had she seen the things he had around the world. She had never experienced the forest kingdoms, never seen the great mountains. As the precious princess of the realm, she had been allowed little freedom. A gilded cage indeed, he thought as he gestured out. "I would be honored to walk the Gardens and the maze," he asked, before grinning slightly to reveal the pointed tips of gleaming fangs. "Would you not be frightened to eter the labyrinth and provoke the wrath of the minotaur within...?" he nudged her ever so slightly, chuckling softly.

"Shall we steal away?" He whispered into her ear....just before he turned to see the king there, hoping beyond hope that King Otho had not heard anything incriminating. "My liege," he offered to the older vampire, softly in voice even as his heart raced within his ears. He allowed the king to talk, hoping for the best...while he then turned to the princess, relieved beyond words that he might say.

"Let us away indeed," he murmured...slipping into the crowd, melting through the masquerade. He knew the palace and its corridors well, letting Gabriella lead them through until they emerged at the secluded, moon-touched gardens, with the ancient marble fountains and towering hedges. The scent of flowers hung in the air, Aelius turning to see the princess.

"It is indeed a lovely place..."

It was music to Gabriella's ears to hear that they would be going to the garden. Through the crowd of various beings enjoying themselves and the guarded halls of her home the noises of the party faded as they neared the gardens that she loved so dearly. With love, this garden was nurtured. The sunlight did not steal the beauty of this oasis as it was meticulously planted with flowers that held a luminous vigil until a new dawn returned. Light-colored and fragrant blossoms of various kinds were all around from the moonflowers that clung to the outer wall of the maze to the tall stalks of night gladiolus here and there, it was a picturesque sight, to say the least.

Amongst the blanket of stars above, the moon in all of her stoic grace takes her place in the heavens. The beauty reflected in Gabriella's eyes like a spell that bound her consciousness in a new way. Soft steps walked the princess over to a bed of night phlox and crouched to admire the nightly bloom. The purple and white little flowers reached for the stars as they blossomed and give off a sweet scent to the air. "Have you ever seen anything as beautiful?" The cherished heir stood and faced her guest while presenting a single stem of night phlox. It was adorable in her eyes and any anxiety harbored seem to wash away. This was where she could be herself and the company could not have been better.

The sounds of water trickling from a fountain resembling a crescent moon with a fairy sitting within it added its own tunes to the night. It was a symphony that soothed the soul. Idly did she walk and ended up near the entrance to the maze. "Would you care to get lost with me? We have plenty of time before sun up." Before he could even answer the nightingale walked into the maze with a cheerful little laugh. "Come now Aelius, where is your sense of adventure?" The irony was not lost on her. He was a warrior that braved the battlefront and earned a name for himself while she was a sheltered princess who had never stepped foot outside of the city.

She was a nymph of the night as heeled shoes were removed and her gown of choice did not hinder her mad dash. "Capture your princess, sir knight, if you can...." The laughter was genuine and turn after turn was taken until she stopped to check her surroundings. "Surely I did not outrun the great Aelius Ordus Castus." Words whispered to herself. Perhaps Gabriella was the one at a disadvantage here. Was she going to be ambushed? Surely her could not be that silent? Could he?

Last edited:
The scents of the flowers reached Aelius there, the Sanguine Knight unable to hide his pleasure at the beauty of the night gardens. The blossoms, visible in the night to the eyes of vampires, were a multitude of bright colors so they could be better enjoyed within the evening. Carnelian roses swayed from stalks, golden lilies quivered near to them and the night jasmine's fragrant scent enveloped them both. The beams of moonlight glimmered down through the clouds, hanging there to fall upon them like a pathway for the both of them.

Aelius enjoyed the views of the night sky; the curtains of night and the sea of stars. The vastness of the heavens left him quietly speechless amidst the great spires of the palace and the grandeur that was the capital of Vitalos. The city was ancient, built by so many hands from ages past, maintained every day from vampire and mortal alike. "I rarely am afforded the ability to just look upon it," he murmured with a tender smile there, standing by the heiress of the empire.

At the gentle babble of fountain water, he laughed softly, especially at the next question: "would you care to get lost with me?" Would that not be a true delight? To be lost, to forget all about responsibility...with Gabriella slipping from him, he couldn't help but smirk, his senses already attuned and the vampire knight already upon the hunt.

The siren call of her challenge had him moving on, and Aelius melded within the shadows, a masked predator that observed her from unseen vantages. So he simply waited, giving her time to maneuver. He watched her go, parking himself in one space and waiting, smiling with a pleasant cast to his face.

He stepped out of the shadows, from behind her, seizing her shoulders delicately. "Think you could outrun me...?" His voice was playful within her ears. "I am never far behind, Gabriella..."

A sharp gasp sounded and a smile pirced the dark of the night. The princess turned to face her knight. "I knew you would find me and I am grateful that you would spend this night with me." Soft fingers took one of his hands into her own his upturned hand in her own. The side difference was a fun observation. The other hand caressed at the open palm of his hand, almost as though she was memorizing every perfect imperfection of his hand. "You mentioned the delight of getting lost with you." Gem colored eyes looked up at the face of man who held something very precious in the palm of his hand.

"Can you make my dream come true?" In the sweet sanctity of the night there was no questioning her seriousness in the matter. "Would you risk so much to get lost with me and fufill my selfish request?" He had so much to lost of her set the nightingale free. The hidden gem of the head family. She could only imagine what her family would do to track her down and find her where abouts. It brought second thoughts as to what could happen to Aelius.

Yes, he was a warrior but one vampire against the forces conjured to drag her back to her cage and manage those who dare aide in her escape were just a thought that weighed heavily on her mind. There was a moment of silence where the worry was clearly written on her face. Gabriella was second guessing her request. "Y-you..." only now did she look him dead in the eyes with the worry clear as day. She may not have voiced it but with her eyes screaming what her soul dare to say she tried to give him the option. "You do not have to. You need not listen to my crazy requests." No one else did. "Come... let us walk the maze." Fingers of one hand laced with his strong hand.

In the dimness of the night garden, Aelius could see the gleaming alabaster smile of the princess and her piercing fangs, responding with a similar grin, silver teeth glinting there in the moonlight while she reached and placed her hand in his. He was lacking in gloves now, allowing their bare skin to run together. "A delight indeed, Gabriella..." he whispered her name in a breathless sound, his eyes focused upon her. "To get lost in a place we both known so well as this." The glinting beauty of her eyes, the warmth of her palm.

"At such a request that is no more than I desire myself...it feels almost unfair to be fulfilling it so," he whispered. "What I risk I place on the line gladly." He wanted to reach and unlock the cage to let that gilded bird soar free into the night upon wings of black and gold. His hands reached to take hers, to squeeze and caress as his eyes ran upon her, taking in the beauty she brought to the night's canvass.

He murmured her name, his hand brushing up to her cheek as his eyes gleamed against hers. How long ago had it been when they had been young before expectation of the world and Vitalos had found them, when they could vanish amidst the beauty of these grounds? Such a long time, he thought. But now, this was for them, the world having receded from their sanctuary. "Lead the way into the labyrinth...I shall be the thread you cling to so we don't get lost..."

There was a smile reserved for this man. How could it not be clear as the moon that hung above how they felt about one another. That soft cheek of hers relented to the palm of his hand with a light sigh. "Why did we wait so long for this?" It was a rhetorical question, but it did not stop her from lacing her fingers with his and walking through the maze. There was time, but if they went through with this they would need shelter to hide away from the sun. Even as pure as they were the sun would still damage, the torture would just last longer before the untimely death.

Wandering in the winding evergreen hedges that stood five feet over their heads brought about a solace that she never thought was possible. Perhaps it was because there was a glimmer of hope that she could not only break free but have someone that she truly trusted by her side? The deeper they wander the more the maze seemed to silent deter one from continuing on certain paths. Thorny vines began appearing to snake in and out of the thick lush walls and moonlight appeared to cast the darkest shadows where they continued. It was cool on this particular night. The wind causing the leaves upon the ground to dance to its merry little tune.

"I am curious," the nightress randomly said, "why are you so invested in a person you have yet to sample?" This is where she stopped in her tracks. The daring side appeared to emerge as she looked upon that handsome face. Surely you must be as curious as I am." Words whispered for his ears and his ears only as she observed those lips and those eyes. "We are not humans. We have a long life to live and yet I find myself so impatient with you. Correction... for you." The message was there. He was the only being who she would let have free reign about her. He could ruin her and she would thank him in the end for the experience. "Maybe we should save that for later?" Followed by a light laugh.

His own smile was suddenly a dazzling one, fangs glinting in the moonlight, all while he reached to caress the lacy softness of her cheek. "Perhaps we were waiting for the right opportunity," he murmured as he kept his eyes upon her own. It perhaps needed no answer, required nothing to be truly be said, but he gave it voice anyways. He took her hand, walking along with her with the soft crush of grass underfoot. The vampire kingdoms were built so such places provided ample protection from the harshest light of the day and the hated sun. Elders could resist it to some extent, but not without difficulty. And few were set to even try.

Trees bedecked with great flowers swayed above them, the scents carrying from beautiful, multicolored petals. The vines formed a barrier about them as if this place was a palace and the thorns were their barricades. A sanctuary for just the two of them now. Aelius could not help but grin all the more. He was a soldier, not often given to great sentiment. But this natural beauty was impossible for him not to feel over, impossible not to grow a touch of sentiment at. The gentle whistle of the wind ruffled at his hair, his head glancing upwards at the whispering leaves overhead.

"Sample...?" He asked, glancing at her, his smirk growing. "Are you a person or a wine vintage?" He looked at that beautiful, masked face, feeling a stirring within. "Curious indeed..." he brushed back a lock of black hair...before he took her hand and with a firm tug drew her closer. "Perhaps your curiosity mirrors mine...?" he murmured, his lips suddenly close by her ear.

When he brought up the while sample the purest laugh sounded from red lips along with a fang to fang smile. To be pulled against the solid form of his body and have whispered words fed into her ear, left goosebumps to dance across every inch of her exposed flesh. "I can not stand you and your wordplay sometimes, do you know that?" It always proved quite the chore to get a straight answer out of this man, but it was one of the qwerks that she loved about him and blood the unmoving smile reflected that. The blood within her body grew hot as she looked him in those mesmerizing eyes. It took far too long for this to happen, but she pressed her lips to his with the sweetest of moans.

This was probably not the time, nor the place for such antics, but it was a need that she ached to satisfy before running off with him. Of course, it would make sense to find their way out and take shelter somewhere else to discuss what the future would hold but there were no regrets with the action that she chose. Parts parted a hairsbreadth from Aelius' before feeding him the words, "we have to find our way out of here." A sigh of almost defeat sounded from her lips. As long as she has been captive here you would think that she would have knowledge of an easy way to escape these grounds, but it proved easier said than done.

The guards would not let her walk out of the castle without reporting it and someone would always keep tabs on her from afar. The garden was so secluded due to the ongoing festivities and it always plagued her to think that those stories of people disappearing within the maze were due to another way to get out that they were not aware of. The labyrinth was almost magical and large, it seemed. It existed long before and the garden was built around it with little knowledge as to erected the maze. "We will find our way, this I am sure."

The sound of her laughter was positively musical, a melodious trill that rang in the air, sweet as any song of the night birds around the region. When he tugged her in, he could almost feel the rhythm of her beating heart, the speed of the organ fluttering into her chest. "Can you truly not stand it, Gabriella? You parry and riposte it quite well," he offered, his grin inescapable for her, the smirk never leaving his eyes now. He stared at her close, feeling the distance between them recede as she leaned up, closer. He should have stopped her, he knew; it was nigh on impossible to even contemplate this. But he did not stop her.

He did not wish to stop her, it was that simple. He simply wanted...this, he decided as her lips brushed his. He put his arms about her, leaning into her as he kissed her back, brushing his lips back to hers in just the way they both desired. Both wanting and both partaking. For a moment, this was just them, all about them...before she said the words: 'we have to find our way out of here.'

Did she mean the maze or something more? What did she mean by a 'way out' of here? She sounded so melancholy, as if she intended them to remain with that maze forever. Was he taking her from a maze only to deposit her back into a cage lined with gold and ebony diamond?

"What is the hurry...?" he murmured as he brushed his hand over her cheek, his mouth by her ear, breath upon her neck. "We can linger here a while, before we must return...the wondrous thing about this labyrinth is we shan't be missed...nor found."

This man always had a witty reply and never ceased to make her laugh and smile. The feeling of being in his steely embrace was one that she did not want to be without. The feeling of his breath upon her neck sent goosebumps to dance across every inch of her skin. His words could not have proven more tempting. A hunger that rivaled her primal instincts welled up from within and it was just for the vampire before her. "You are very confident in your words, but actions do speak louder." A wicked smile danced upon those lips as soft fingers worked from the top button of his fancy garb deftly. The lacing on the back of her dress feeling all the more confining with each breath that she took.

"Some would think that I have sampled all of the finer things in life, but I've yet to sample you." This night was only getting better and better for them in her opinion. "Then again... I know that I could never get my fill of you in just one night." The princess was not a porcelain doll and as pure as snow. The blood that flowed through her veins was pure, but her intentions were far from it at the moment. Soft hands wanted to caress his chest and truly feel as though they had all of the time in the world.

There was an added thrill to this moment that had her senses heightened. Being what they were there was an advantage to basic senses: stamina, hearing, vision in the night, but the thrill had her feeling as though molten lava was flowing through her veins. "Do not be afraid, my dear knight. I do not bite.... much."

As Aelius observed the princess, his eyebrow lifted delicately, his lips curling upward to present an even more pleasant smile upon his handsome face. The melodious laughter thrilled him to the very soul now, while his hand remained so close to her own. He looked at her, that lovely face concealed beneath the mask as surely as her body was held within the confines of that dress and he found himself thinking things that should be forbidden. Almost lethally forbidden in fact.

Her hands worked at the buttons of his suit, though...and he felt the fluttering in his chest and lower, staring at her, the way they gazed at one another. He gave a soft noise that might have been a growl. "Sample indeed..." The knight murmured as he slid his fingers delicately across her arms, not moving to stop her...

In fact, stopping her was the furthest thing from his mind. She was no blushing maiden. Gabriella knew what she desired and had quite the tendency to seize it with every fiber of her beings. He couldn't help but admire that...and it made him think wonderful, dark and forbidden thoughts. He leaned in closer, putting his lips near to her hers before his mouth went to her ear.

"What a shame. Because I do...upon request."

Words whispered into her ear caused a ghostly shiver through her entire being. As soft fingers finally met up with the flesh of his chest and relished in the feel of him. The hunger for him was more than evident as a kiss was pressed against his exposed shoulder. "My dear Aelius, I would welcome being feasted on by you." Hands slid up the knight's solid chest and to his shoulders to brush the suit from his shoulders to slide down his arms. He was certainly a man to be desired. Delicate hands retreated and reached behind her head to pull the silk string loose and remove the mask that adored her mesmerizing face.

This man, this creature... he got her riled in the best of ways. A simple peck on the lips was no longer enough. A deep and passionate kiss is what she desired and went for. The regal woman's tongue seeking solace pass his lips and fingers work at the fastenings of his trousers. On purpose, she snagged her tongue upon his fang and gave him a taste of what she had to offer as they kissed. She was aching for him and here was Gabby, still mostly dressed and dying to savor her dearest friend.

His breath touched and tickled her ear, his fingers running across the fabric covering her arms as his voice came in, slow and heavy as he felt her lips against his shoulder. "Would you truly welcome it...?" he slid her hair aside, his neck bending as his lips caressed at the pale, silken flesh of her throat. He slid his mouth there, kissing slowly as he leaned back to take in her face. He saw the loveliness of her face come into view, his eyes gleaming as he brushed his fingers against her face. He smiled, almost dangerously as he beheld her. "Even more bewitching when I gaze upon that face..." he murmured, kissing at her lips again. "Perhaps I shall feast indeed..."

This woman...she could entice him like no other. The fire was building to a ravenous blaze, intense within him as he kissed her suddenly, hard and heated as he swept her to him. His tongue welcomed hers, sliding against it as his hands traveled over her back. He held her against him, unable to cease the kiss...

And wanting so much more.

This was going to be a wondrous night amongst the stars. A soft body was held against a powerful frame as lips were seized in a kiss that spoke volumes. Time did not exist in the realm between the two. It felt as though nothing could ruin this moment. This kiss was not tender but full of life that many would believe that their kind lacked. "Aeilus..." his name whispered in the form of a sensual plea and laced with desire. "I want to get to know every inch of you." The context could be taken, however, either from head to tow or the inches tucked within the cloth prison confines of his trousers. It did not matter because she honestly desired both.

Her dress was growing increasingly tight and she was tempted to rip her own beautiful prison from her body just to be all the closer to him. "Help me." Gabriella turned in his arms and presented the silk-crossed binding of her dress that required one tug to be able to loosen the cloth coffin of her dress. To have it fall into a pool of fabric at her feet was all that she needed. It would leave her in black heels that would contrast against ivory skin, but there was a need for her Knight that grew by the second.

Passion. Joy. Heat. These things flooded the mind and body of the Sanguine Knight. His voice came from him in breathy pants, his fingers caressing over Gabriella's shoulders. They kissed, the fulfillment of one of many dreams that the knight had entertained without ever believing they might come to pass. And so they kissed harder, arms encircling one another as he held her against him, hearing her whisper words that came from fantasy. His mouth locked to hers, his lips seeking to consume her owns. "Your desires...mirror my own, your highness," a tease now, one he mitigated with the next word:

"Gabriella." He brought his hand to the silk and gave a tug to free her from the confines, slipping the bonds to allow a cloud of silk to fall from her body, to see her body, all in ivory with the curtain of ebon silk falling about her shoulders. His fingers combed there and then his mouth found his neck. His fangs grazed there, found the vein and sank delicately into her neck, more intimate than any other gesture was the kiss of the night's children.

His hands began to explore her body, alternating between that undoing his own clothing...wishing to join her in a state of undress.

To be freed from her ornate clothes and feel the promise of what was to come picked the pace up in her breathing. Silky locks were brushed aside and the graze of those fangs were the cruelest of teases before a relief wash over her as a sinfully sweet little moan left her lips. This was a euphoric moment. To feel his hands from the ivory canvas that her body and the connection through his fangs and her flesh and the crimson fluid the flowed was what wiped the rest of the world from her mind. It felt as though Aelius had sucked all of the air in the world and left her lungs and kiss swollen lips sat agape and ivory fangs were on full display with eyes laden with lust.

To feel him free himself from the remainder of his clothes heightened her excitement. A flash flood coursed between her thighs. Where humans would panic at fangs drawing blood in the night, there was a captivating moment for one vampire feeding upon another. It was a link that spoke volumes between the two that words could not express and the situation went for anger and passion. A Sanguine night heralded for his valiant triumphs for their kind and a preciously guarded pure blooded princess with more to her than whats meets the eye were in a world all their own.

To be disrobed must have meant freedom to her now. His fingers combed through the dark tresses of her hair again. The touch of her lips was a reminder of the sweetest nectar, carrying warmth within them, the most delectable of wines and he wished to taste more. His hands slid against her thighs, across her back...and then his fangs sank within the pale hollow of her throat to draw forth crimson heat. Hot and sweet, it flowed into his mouth, his mouth fastened there in the most intimate of embraces.

Vampires, of course, used this as a manner of intimacy...to draw one's blood was one of the most solemn acts in all the world for them. It was with full knowledge of this fact that he nestled his fangs into her throat and drank as he began to discard his clothes. His hand drifted down to cup at her rear, squeezing playfully as he pressed their bodies closer. He licked at the marks on her neck before he kissed her to let her taste just what he had, a hand shifting to cup at one full breast.

"You are mine tonight, with the stars our witness, princess."

Back
Top Bottom