Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sanguine Warrior and Princess of Night (Vinaein & Lady Bloody Ava)

This woman, this siren, this alluring specter of the night had pulled forth every trace of energy from the Sanguine Knight. He remained mounted upon her, pressed deep within her as he panted heavily, having forgotten everything but Gabriella. His hands traveled over her body, his mouth running over her neck with supreme gentleness that contrasted with the roughness of all they had done. "Will you stay with me?" Such an easy question, such a simple answer.

"Yes. Always." It escaped him then, his hands running across her sides as he pulled from her, seizing his own clothing to adjust and don it until the appearances were met. He looked over her, her beautiful body concealed under the raiment anew as he took her hands. "I shall happily..." he murmured. "Lead the way..."

He looked just as devilishly handsome dressed as he did naked. Fingers were laced with one another she was guided them through the grassy maze and out of the entrance like royaly reborn anew. From here her tower could be seen. The highest peak with the benefit of overlooking the gardens. It was quit the treck for any human, but not at all for their kind. The crowd had thinned during the festivities since their departure and quite a few masks appeared to have been abandoned, has she had. "Princess!" as she turned with her dear knights hand in her own she met the the dark eyes of thin man dressed in black and red with gold embellishments and a ring upon every spindly finger.

"Lord Devero," she spoke clearly in acknowledgment as the man bowed low enough that Gabriella was sure that his nose would scrap along the floor. As he stook he looked over to the joined hands of their people's pure blooded royalty and a knight with a few praises under his bed. Or so a jealous man thought.
"I apologize if interrupted your business with our decoraded hero, but may I have a moment alone?"
"Is it important?" Gabriella was swift to ask with a muted look upon ehr countenance as she would rather be closer to her chambers than telling this man off for the umpteeth time.
"Yes and no, I would just like to get your opinion on some matters and..."
"Then it can wait until tomorrow night as I still have to wrap things up with our guest as is, so I do not have more time to spare. Have a peaceful day and I will see you at night, Lord Devero." With a bow of her head she was off, cutting him off from pressing further.

He was not stupid as to not believe that the knight was not making a move on her. Everyone knew that they were close. How close? People could only speculate, but if it was heated then they were rather hush about it.

In no time she had reached tall thick arched dark oak doorways carved with the intricate design of the moon adn stars. It was easy enough for thier kind to open, but would take great effort for at least two humans to get through. The fire greeeted them beneath the mantle which sat across from the food of the four pillar bed draped in black curtains with gossamer curtains about them. "Welcome." The thrill came back as she faced him with both of his hands in hers and that smile that was only reserved for him back in its place. "Are you tired? Would you care to get comfortable?"

Gabriella looked rather ravishing for her part as such a proper princess, Aelius thought with a slight incline of his head. He flashed his smile to her, impressed she had not shown a hint of losing her poise after returning her dress to her body once they had had finished.. "Well, then, shall we return?" He asked pleasantly as his hand delicately squeezed at her own. "I hope you've been enjoying yourself, my dear Princess..." His voice was gentle, pleasant and playful now, with none of the early gruffness.

With the dawn hours away, many vampires were yet deigning to depart from the opulent and lavish halls of the royal chambers. Aelius had dusted his own clothing off, striding down with purpose in grace as he beheld the nobles. It was not for nothing that Aelius was known, at best, as lesser nobility among the rest, with their playful heirs and wicked games...vampire society could be as rigidly classist as humankind's own.

Upon the sighting of one lord he knew well enough, Aelius could only keep his handsome features calm and relaxed, his gaze gentle, but he refused to intervene in Gabriella's handling of her own affairs. "A pleasure to see you, my lord," he murmured with a low bow. Aelius, of course, knew his place among the nobility and how he must act.

Sweeping from there, he felt the eyes of the nobility upon them as he trailed Gabriella to her room, seeing the joy lighting upon her face. He stepped forth to her, his hands upon her shoulders. "I feel quite comfortable beside you..." he whispered before he kissed her lips. "We might have caused...quite a stir at that party, you know..." he teased as his hand trailed up her thigh

The kiss was always welcomed when it was coming from Aelius. As he spoke of the scene that happened upon their way to her chambers that was a nonchalant look about her. "What are they going to do? Kick me out? Kick you... a celebrated hero, out?" Both scenarios did not seem likely, but there was always more than one way to skin a cat. If the right people wanted them apart, there were ways to make it happen. It felt as though it had been too long since their kiss less than a minute ago so she remedied that with another. He would get to see just how much she had been enjoying herself in his company if he put his hand in the right spots, there was evidence.

It would seem that she was voracious for his company. "If I did make enemies, would it be foolish of me to say that it was because I feel untouchable by anyone else other than you in your presence?" There were so many ways to enjoy one another. The bed, the wall, powerfully slow, and a breath snatching swift pace. Should she be ashamed that she desired him so much? She thought not. It would be a new start soon enough for them. Another passionate kiss was initiated as it felt as though it had already been too long since the last one. "Let us worry about the here and now and show me just how comfortable you are at my side, my love." A wicked giggle sounded with a fanged smile. It was a tease and a challenge to have another round of fun while they still had the chance.

The lavish room, the feel of velvet carpeting below, the dim flickering lights and the sweet scents almost overwhelmed Aelius as he realized he was in the bedchambers of royalty. The way Gabriella sauntered about there, the smirk upon her face, the gleaming joy in her eyes, made his grin widen. What risk was there? What scandal could there be in this? After all, Gabriella did as she would...and so would he. The sight of her bound in such a ravishing dress set his hungers afire, his lips curling upward while he stepped forth.

His hand brushed her side, feeling through the perfect fabric of the gown. "They say one can be judged by the quality of their enemies and the strength of emotion...what does that say for us...?" His voice carried with it a lilting tease as he began to slide her gown upward, mouth finding hers. "Shall I show you...?" He murmured before his fang found her lip, nipping sharply there as he trailed his fingers upon her inner thigh.

"What else does the princess appreciate...?" He murmured, a low growl in her ear. His hands caressed her below, sliding against the swell of her ass as thoughts of the truly taboo entered his mind. "Stand...walk to the wall...and bend down to face it. That is an order from your knight."

"It says that we may be the ones to be feared, no?" It was the nip to the lip and the taste of her own blood that helped her spiral into the abyss with him. His hands traversed her body in sweet areas that got her internally riled. The dress did not seem to hinder his advances and was a gorgeous challenge. "I appreciate all that you have to offer." That voice of his sent chills to dance along the surface of her flesh. His order made her smile grow. A kiss was needed. The taste of her shared amidst the kiss before she turned and heeded his words.

Footsteps brought her to the wall that she faced and bent over as ordered. The irony nearly made her laughed. She had been ordered to do something and elated to follow through with it. Only Aelius held such magic when it came to her. She was spell bound and could think of no other cursing being that she'd rather spend her eternal life with. They could wake the entire kingdom with their antics. "Do what we both desire, my knight."

"Feared. adored. Worshiped..." he murmured as he dug his fang tenderly into her soft lip, hands running up and down her sides and the innermost areas of her thighs. His sharp nails skirted the pale flesh just enough to bite as he grinned down at her. "Do you now?" His mouth crushed to hers again before he repeated the order. He saw Gabriella rise, loosening his tunic and the rest again, wanting to stand exposed in her room, while he admired the beauty of his princess.

Obediently, she moved to follow his order, to stride to the wall with expectant joy as he stared after her. The shimmer of her dress past her heels, the ravishing cock of her head as she moved to obey him. The soft chuckle escaped him at her sincere obedience and she was leaning over, his hands moving to raise up the gown to reveal the full pale swell of her ass. His hands found it, squeezing, a finger testing the rear hole as he murmured heatedly, sliding his cock between her thighs so it might tease at her clit.

"I want to hear where you want me...speak it, princess..."

The squeeze to her ass caused a soft moans and summoned evidence of her arousal to seep from the delta of her glistening sex. A whimper sounded as his cock slid along her sex and teased at the cluster of nerves at the forefront of her sex. This was quite the compromising position for her. At this point she was putty in his hands. "I want you where you have not been yet. I need you to break me. Claim me, every inch." His minstrations got her excited. "Don't hold back, Aelius." He was a drug. With one touch she was intoxicated by him.

Both hands came to rest palms flush against the wall. That ivory ass presented and the skirt of the dress acting more as a belt. A gasp got stuck in her throat as her puckered rose was teased and it was followed with a shuttered sigh. "You are so cruel." It was clear that she wanted him so badly. The night princess wanted to be one the hero of their kind. She wanted every single inch of him buried in the sinful depths of her ass. "Please..." the wait was agonizing and yet she was not sure if she was prepared for the flood of feelings that was going to shock her nerves.

The way his hands glided over her body brought a spark to Aelius's eyes, the professed offering of her body, the fact that it was now his to do with as he pleased. Aelius's smirk widened while he teased his cock against the entrance of her. Gabriella was bent over, begging him to claim her, body and soul. He would not disappoint; how could he refuse his princess anything? It was simply impossible...

His hand traveled up to squeeze and grope at a breast, then another through the fabric of her dress. His mouth was open slightly to reveal the gleaming fangs while he glanced down at her pale ass. His finger breached the passage to slide inside, in and out to pump with a gentle fervency for just a moment. Until it was removed...

And summarily replaced. His cock slid in, the tip entering her. "Cruel to be kind, Gabriella..." he reminded her as he began to sink in, inch by careful inch...coupled with a deep push at the end to show her just whom she belonged to.

Once her ass was breached her breaths went shallow. A hefty moan was ripped forth from her lungs as his cock took its rightful place in her ass. "Yes...." the word laced with absolute relief and brimming with desire. Merely occupying her was no longer enough. She wanted to feel the power of a being that won battles and conquered here without her having even realized it. There was no denying that he was well endowed with the snug-fitting of her body around him. She was not sure what it was, but when he called her by her name for the first time that night it got her heated and hungry. All formalities were stripped of them and all that was left was a man and women with a hunger for the flesh of one another.

"Aelius... yes my love... yes!" If anyone had any idea what was going on then they were sure to make enemies. She was the future of their bloodline and yet they had let this relationship slip by them. They were not humans! Why was it even possible to keep a powerful predecessor of a pure-blooded elder of their kind tucked away. She was not feeble or weak. Her race was hardly known for that. They could go on for a while with their stamina alone, but she wanted to enjoy him in every way imaginable.

Aelius was focused completely on one simple task now: fucking the gorgeous ass of the princess before him. Sliding within it, he could felt the tightness adjust for him and he wondered jut how much she could take. His beautiful conquest had such a beautiful ass as well...tight and yielding all at once while he pushed in deep to sheath himself in fully. The honesty of takng one another this way could only arouse him more, The pure passion of them sharing all their desires together.

Forgetting rank and everything else, Aelius simply focused on fucking his princess. His hands slid over her breasts, one then delving between her legs to tease the dark hair below, her clit, her womanhood... "Feel me within you...my wanton princess...?" he whipered, wanting her to know he had conquered her. "Your knight claiming you...taking your ass as you crave...?" he sped up a bit, hips impacting harder to her rear.

Her mind was a wash of pleasure and sensory overload. He was feeling in all of the right places and pushing all the right buttons. "Yes... yes I do..." she groaned as the pace was picked up and it only intensified as her clit was added to the mix for attention. This man could have anything that he desired from her. That his how much faith and adoration that she had for him. He had earned it in his care for her in time spent treating her, not like a royal, but as another basic being with her own personality.

"Just like that... yes... Aelius... fuck yes...." The woman was stripped of her title at that very moment and reduced to her more basic needs. In this case, it was sex and companionship. The slap of flesh against flesh created a concentrated heat between the two. He was massive and still managed to make himself at home in her tight ass and continued to ruin her for anyone else. No one every held a candle to him and he was making damn sure that it would remain that way in a whole new fashion. There was no shame in the way she presented herself to him as he had only ever accepted her and every perfect imperfection that she had to offer.

It was hardly enough simply to enter her. Aelius needed her to know she was his, to bring out all her submission and passion all in one. He pressed two fingers against the hardness of her clit and began to rub in time to the intensity of the thrusts within her ass, suddenly aware he would and could never let her go. How long had they wanted one another, he and Gabriella? Too long, far too long, he thought as he continued his movements.

"Gabriella..." he whispered her name as his hips pushed again, to bring his cock hilt-deep in the tightness of her ass. He began to rub harder below, adjusting her dress to reveal even more of that pale skin. "You're mine..." it was less a boast than a simple statement of fact. "Mine now. Mine forever. Do you understand?" To punctuate it, his thrusts within her rear sped up, a fuck that became slightly rougher in intensity to ensure she understood entirely.

There wouldn't be a soul who wouldn't know what could have possibly been going on behind the doors of the Sanguine Princess' tower. The panting was constant and riddled with moans and groans and sprinkled with bits of approval and short verbal praises. The huskiness with which he said her name sent a flash flood down below. Yes. Yes! She was his and would damn any all who would say otherwise and keep them apart. Some would deem this a dangerous union. Though he was not pure he was a powerful asset to their kind and proved so countless times. With pure blood came the unknown and when it could be unleashed was sometimes unknown to those even blessed with the line.

A loud moan and a cry sounded as she shook her head to the best of her abilities before answering, "YES!" The woman was breathless and nearing her point really quickly. Legs felt to quake and air seemed harder and harder to come by. Her body arched almost as though she had to be as close to him as possible. "My love...." The words were shaky and for good reason. Breasts rose and fell with each breath before she climaxed right here. There was a moment of relief, but the insatiable hunger was still gnawing at her despite the small sum of energy taken from her in exchange for the pleasure.

Words like scandal and discovery were as alien to the Sanguine Knight now as restraint. Gripping tight to Gabriella, he took her as he had never taken a woman before in his life. With burning lust, furious passion, he ravished her flesh with his own, gripping and feeling at her with each rough snarl of pleasure and passion. He slammed to the hilt in her, considering only one ultimate truth: this woman was his. Gabriella was his.

His hand descended on her ass, slapping it firmly to remind her of the truth. "My love," he echoed her as he pounded himself harder within, the hand going to tease at her nipple, pinching it as the climax made her ass a vice upon him. Unable to hold back, he pushed in once, twice...he pushed again and again until his body gave out and he spent himself within her, groaning her name as he did so...panting as he still felt the wet heat between her thighs.

"Is that enough to satisfy my princess...?"

This man knew that she was his and his alone. The Princess of the clan would take him for his word that he would stay by her side and it showed with how she managed to sit up straight, take her lover by the hand and walk him over to her bed where she crawled and collapsed her head upon a pillow. It was her answer to his question. It was an afterglow to cherish. " I can never get enough of you Aelius, but a wise man once told me that you can have too much of a good thing." There was a weary laugh as she waited for him to get comfortable enough to join her.

That wise man... was him. One more than one occasion as her sharp memory recalled. He was always her support and was never afraid to tell her the truth. Things such as when something was not a good idea or when her behavior was far from what her stand represented. He always allowed her to vent and always made his way back to her. The dress was not something that she would sleep in, but he had done a fabulous job at making her feel as though she could no longer lift a finger. Just a pull of a ribbon and she could easily slide out of the cloth prison, which she desperately wanted to do before falling asleep in his arms, which would have been the perfect ending to their session.

Aelius kept his shaft sheathed into Gabriella's body, holding on to her as he panted heatedly. The afterglow was intense, his body glistening as he held himself to her until she led them to the bed. He collapsed beside his princess, panting as he looked at her with a grin. "I quite concur," he admitted as he slid his hands across her cheek. Gods, the consequence f they were found out, he thought to himself...

Well, damn that. Forget it. Who cared? Not him right now, that was for certain. All that he cares about, all that he wanted or needed, was in his arms, in this bed. "Sleep..." he said as he kissed Gabriella's cheek tenderly, holding her to him. He couldn't help but reflect on all this joyous passion they shared, and what might come next.

But they'd face it together, he thought as he drifted to his sleep as well....though not before he undid their clothing together, to sleep joined like one

When her dress was tossed aside and she slept molded against his hard and powerful frame she could honestly say that she never slept more soundly. The walls were brimming with news and gossip about their precious pure-blooded princess and the lowly hero of their kind. Even not being high nobility it would be foolish to test Aelius Ordus Castus. His reputation spoke for itself. He put forth all he had into defending their kingdom and some would speculate that he would do no less if he claimed Gabriella. Others would think that he was devoted to their culture and what was expected of a person in his station, but at the end of the day... a man was a man.

Gabriella had no idea how many crushed hears were left in her wake. The girl was an idol and a false beacon of hope. There were others of pure blood out there. Some wished to remain in isolation and the extreme watched the word from an eternal slumber. The line did not end with her.

The woman was wrapped up in the steely embrace of her lover's arms with his back to the only entrance into the room almost as if he meant to protect them even in his sleep. She fit perfectly against his frame like a missing piece to a puzzle. Hard and spaced-out series of knocks sounded upon her door mean to awaken her for sustenance early that night. It was an unwelcomed noise and only caused her to nuzzle deeper into her Knight's arms. "How rude," she whispered, not caring for whoever was on the other side of the door as they slowly incurred her wrath.

Sleep came as a beautiful dream to the Sanguine Knight. With the figure of his beautiful princess curled about him, he slept without any hint of discontent, his lips curled upwards to reveal a smile. Let there be rumors, let the backstabbing and decadent court do what it may. He would be ready, as he ever was. His dreams were filled with simulation of reality and the memory of gabriella's body entwined with his. The taste of her skin, her blood, remained branded upon his tongue, his arms about her in their sleep...

His princess, his beautiful Lady of Night. Aelius was a hero, but he was also a curiosity to the courts for his meteoric rise thanks to merit and not virtue of blood. The vampires were plentiful, even if minority, and held bloodline to be extremely sacrosanct. He did not know how this might yet go over with his new lover's kin...or what he might face in dealing with this.

Aelius cradled Gabriella close, his keen soldier senses catching the thumping against the walls. He snapped an eye opene, remaining still and quiet in case he had to depart, but he saw Gabriella there, a smirk coming to his face. "...Should we answer that?" He murmured as the knocking grew insistent and one word could be heard through even the thickness of the wall.

"Princess...?"

She was awake enough to realize that her knight had cradled her closer as the knocking continued to sound. She smiled upon seeing his face after having asked if they should attend to whoever was calling for her. Soft lips pressed against his in a sweet and simple kiss before whispering, "I will take care of that." Though reluctant the ivory-skinned woman slipped on a silly crimson robe and tied it around her waist before heading over to her own door. Normally she would just have them enter and do as they needed to, which was getting the bath ready for her at her behest, assisting with getting her dressed, combing her hair, and feeding her a fresh goblet of blood, or bringing a human that volunteered to be fed from.

Instead, when she opened the door there was a servant girl next to none other than Lord Devero. Despite that stoic look, he had a hunch was his Princess was hiding. He could smell the lingering aroma in the air from last night's tryst. "Good morning, my princess."A pale hand extended to accept hers. She offered said hand and swiftly she was yanked against him with his lips near to her ear and the servant frightened stiff. "I smell him. We all know." Gabriella was caught off guard which made it easy for her to be pulled into him. The sound of a swift slap pierced the still air.

"My lady!" The pureblood was fuming. She had bit her own lip and tasted the evidence on her own tongue. The aroma was almost intoxicating to the man before her. He cradled his reddened cheek with a hand in awe. Beneath all the beauty there was so much power that so many wanted to control, but it was clear that the princess would not make it easy. "My dear Princess I only wished to tell you in privacy that you are expected in the Court in less than an hour. You might wish to bring your pet along with you, should you happen to see him." He gambled that there was no way that her darling knight in shining armor would cross the line with him.

It could impugn his honor as well as the lady's. Internally the thin nobleman was preening. Gabriella need only bit her tongue and return back to her room. Despite how little she cared what others thought, she did not want to go out of her way to make trouble for Aelius. "You can go." The waitress was dismissed leaving Devero in her company and dagger eyes carefully contemplating what to saw while this man was already bulging in the front of his pants for her.

The kiss from Gabriella was just what the Knight needed to awaken perfectly. He did not feel like he wanted to leave her bed and certainly id not feel like dressing. Instead, his eyes focused upon his Lady while she slipped from the bed and pulled up the red robe about herself. He made a mental note how much he loved to see her in that, his eyes glinting as they traveled over her. He should have been quite thirsty himself...

But he couldn't help but recall for a moment that he'd fed very well the previous night. He hoped Gabriella wasn't debilitated from that, come to think, along with all the physical exertions they had been through. Still, he couldn't help but admire the view of the princess...leaning back in bed as Gabriella went to the door.

The servant there was a rather fastidious man...he could hear words exchanged...and then the sound of a sharp crack, making the knight leap from his bed and seize his own robe to hurl it on his body, his eyes narrowing, before he could hear Gabriella had the matter well in hand. Upon her icy dismissal of the others, he emerged to see his princess. "I heard it sounded like they know," he said with an eyebrow lifting and a shake of his head. Of course they did. HE and Gabriella had not exactly been discreet and she was desired by many a lord throughout the Kingdom.

"They said your presence in court is expected...I shouldn't escort you, it would be embarrassing for you," he added quietly, knowing he had to keep a firm eye to Gabriella's own reputation. Devero was not a vampire to be crossed easily, but Aelius knew if he made trouble for the Princess, then Gabriel would handle this himself. He thought of the rest of the court and those who might prove problematic. Marquess Ilyana, Lord Janus, Lord Havellius and Lady Termina...one did not rise in the vampire courts without knowledge of strategy and politics, a subject Aelius lacked an education in as well as he did war.

"...Will you be alright?" He asked, knowing she was about to enter quite the nest of vipers.

She felt a large presence behind her and the familiar voice that eased her nerves. Bare feet turned on the spot for deep eyes to admire a reason worth holding her tongue. His hand was taken and she walked them back into her from and made sure that the door was closed before she wrapped her arms around his torso and looked up at his handsome face. "Even if they do know, I am tired." It was tiresome being treated like a porcelain doll and being told what to do. Living so long gave one ample time to think. Naturally, they were powerful beings. Some more than others and some far more powerful than others.

If there was one thing that she knew it was that she was somewhere up the chain. Politics held no candle to power. "I will get ready and Aelius..." he was a kind and gentle giant whenever needed and wanted. " You are never an embarrassment in my eyes, but I appreciate the sentiment, and to answer your question, yes. I will be fine." A kiss was certainly reassuring as she sampled his lips with a lingering tenderness. "Just another day in my life." There was an almost sad smile on her pretty face before she walked away and began getting dressed. That satin robe clung and hung off of her body as she peered through her options.

A dress of black lace and tulle adorned her figure and loose tendrils were pilled up. Lips were painted in a rich red, but her natural beauty seemed otherworldly, even for their kind. She was not hungry. Gabriella could remain sated from the first for an impressive amount of time, though that did not mean that she did not indulge. The clicking of dangerously beautiful heels that looked as though they could double as weapons clicked upon the solid floors of her home. Lanterns flickered along the wall and caused shadows to dance. Heads bowed left and right as she passed.

There was still time to kill before the meeting so she went to the athenaeum and was greeted with the distinct smell of well-aged and love books. There were books that held knowledge guarded against mankind. It held their history and some were written in languages that very few could read. "May I assist y..." A hand was raised in silence to cease the offer as she continued to walk to the very back. An arched barred gated door was opened and she had to duck to get in. This is where the ancient tomes were held. A book remained open from her last visit. Eyes scanned the pages as her mind read the pages with surprising swiftness.

While she had plans to attend the court, there were those that had their eyes on Aelius. He could not be left unaccounted for. There was still a ranking system and he had those to report to. Both would be delt with in time.

Aelius considered his only reticence for the potential concealment of their relationship; how it might reflect on Gabriella's own safety and the concerns therein. Hearing her profess her exhaustion in secrecy brought the smile back to his face. The expression that took over his features was an earnest one, warm and gentle as he brushed a lock of dark hair away from her face, across one of her ears as he allowed the sight of him to say more than words possibly could. He kissed her forehead there, once she told him she would get ready.

"I am, of course, presentable as is," the knight said. Aelius was in the unique position of bearing the title of hero to the kingdom but also bearing the societal stigma of being too 'lowborn' for the princess, ostensibly, before him. In a race dominated by the need for blood, the blood one bore within their veins was of vital import and Aelius had risen by deed, rather than any sort of purity.

"Certain you'll be fine?" He asked, clad in a fine crimson suit that was more uniform than finery. Aelius straightened with the growing smile as he beheld her. "Another evening then..." he said as he watched her quietly, To call Gabriella ravishing would have been an understatement, Aelius thought as he followed her shadow, seeing the gaze of vampires and humans alike...the elites of the kingdom were chuckling to themselves, whispering as they passed along the rumors in their lands like they were passing along morsels or glasses of wine.

"Sir Aelius," he heard his name, turning to see the vampire in a sweeping golden cloak, recognizing the friendly features of one of the former military officers, one Lord Octavian. "It is good to see you after so sudden a departure the evening before."

Aelius inclined his head. "I find parties rarely agree with me overmuch," he said, keeping an eye in the direction of where Gabriella had gone. "If I may?"

"But of course...but please know there is a prospect we must discuss shortly. An encroachment of the Forest Kingdoms your aid will be required for..." The lord said. Aelius's eyes flickered at that.

"I see," he said simply before he bowed and went to join Gabriella, wondering just what he might now say.

"...Has anyone else said anything?"

Gabriella sighed softly as she read the documentation of the oldest of old and what was done. It was nice that Aelius thought to stay by her side, truly. He did not have to, but he chose to. "Anything about what?" she asked without her eyes being removed from the pages that were easily skimmed and stored within her memory. "Things will be said and people will thwart all pawns that sow the seed of the abnormal and puppets that break free of their strings." Her words. Time was quick and a high sounded before she looked up from the book and at her knight.

A kiss was pressed to his lips. "I must be off. Find me when I am done and you have a moment. Many would speak upon seeing the two of them together since last night and not today. Important people with eyes all over the place would hear the news. The Princess walked her way to the council chamber in the hear of their home. It was a circular tall room with a dome from with the image of a crescent moon painted upon it.

Stairs on either side of the room led to a high seated pew for the council members. All seemed to be just getting situated as she walked in and stood in the center of the room and looked up at the other. Eyes had no choice but to look down upon her from above. The beautiful doll was silent and their eyes looked as though they dared her to speak. Finally, a skinny woman dripping in jewels from her hair, ears, neck and each finger broke the silence.

"You have lessons to learn, young one." At the title of 'young one' she couldn't help but smile. She was not an elder and there were those older, but she had lived longer than some who watched over her. She remained quiet as she was interested to hear what lessons had to be learned. "You have no idea the power that lies within you and yet you spend your nights playing with the hearts of men..."

Now she laughed and it clearly surprised a few of those around her. "I study. I learn. You speak as though we are humans and sound as though you yourself have a lot to learn. I feel like an enigma and you only watch to see what shall happen." it went like that, back and forth. She was ready to counter whatever they had to say while pointing out that they had absolutely no ground to stand on. Soon enough it was over and with a mild ache to the head, she walked to the garden and took a seat to get lost in her thoughts.

Seeing Gabriella in such a studious position did Aelius's heart well. It was not only her willpower the princess was known for, but her scholarly talents, her love for learning and her intellect. She could, it was said, be one of the finest scholars in the nation should she have a yen to be. Chuckling at the thought, he swept closer to her, smiling admiringly at his lover. So many years and she never did seem to change...

"How dramatic," Aelius clicked his tongue playfully. "Dramatic indeed!" he shook his head with an overly playful sigh. "But I cannot say it's incorrect. How many do you suppose are plotting against us at this moment?" He cocked his head. "Ten? Twenty? Half the court, or am I selling our erstwhile opponents too short? The lord who came to your room earlier certainly doesn't seem to have my best interests at heart.

Aelius made a note to watch his back in battle.. You never knew what you might deal with. Gabriella's kiss still gladdened his heart. "I shall leave you to it, my Princess of the Night," he whispered. He was entitled to watch the proceedings and intended to as well...

As Gabriella exited, Aelius kept to the place with the other soldiers, seeing his fellow warriors. Oddly enough, it was the military that was the most egalitarian sector of the kingdom; where it mattered less if you were vampire or human and far more if you could actually fight....Aelius had fair bonds with both human and vampire alike, seeing the soldiers talking. Human soldiers were also exempt from any blood tax, which provided an incentive for men and women to join the military. One knight looked up, lifting a glass of ale.

"Ale for Aels, if we're asking what ails him?" He laughed at his cleverness, the others rolling their eyes and Aelius just groaning at it.

"Yes, well..."

"You have the look of a man in love," another knight teased. "Wear a ladys favor around your wrist when we go for the werewolves...maybe it'll help, eh?" This one, a vampire, flashed her fangs at him. "Best treat her right, no?" She nudged at him playfully. "Where is she?"

"...Outside...?"

"So, go to her, idiot," another said, Aelius sighing t the verbal abuse of his friends, before retreating to where Gabriella awaited him....wondering what he might tell her about soldiers and their ways.

Back
Top Bottom