Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

CRIMSON SINNERS — M a s t e r t h r e a d

michele-morrone-attends-the-bar-giuseppe-red-carpet-during-news-photo-1592521999.jpg

WANTED ROLE ; Luciano Salvatore Gambino | Gambino VP/potential shadow ruler
AGE ; 29
GENDER ; male
SIN ; Greed, Lust, Pride
LOYALTY ; Gambino
ORIENTATION ; Heterosexual

INFORMATION ; The younger brother, the one in shadows, Luciano knew from the early years he was destined to rise in the syndicate of the Gambino family. What was more, Luc was good at it. So good, in fact, that he rose to command multiple endeavors by the time he was 20. Ruthless, adept and skilled in the arts of "business," Luc learned the art of power, of having the right friends and the value of remaining within the shadows as not to become a target yourself...helping the Gambinos through what most take to be 'good advice,' Luc handles much of the day to day runnings and diplomacy through the criminal endeavors, but with one creed as well: Family Is All.

Luc cares for his family and will do anything to see them safe, even with the ruthless creed of a mafioso: If the right hand offends the body?

Cut it off.

TRAITS ;

• Personable, friendly, analytical.​
  • Diplomatic.​
  • No great fighter by any means, but has left himself trained.​
  • Highly socially intelligent, capable of blending well into the background​
  • Reserved and calm, very thorough in approach.​
  • Handles vices in measured amounts (alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling)​
  • Protective of inner circle.​
CONNECTIONS ; High ranking in the Gambino organization.

@BennyQ I have a feeling Anib would get along very well with your character. Perhaps one of his best students? Or simply someone who he respects for the experience and tough background.

I would like my second character to be Dimitry Vitaly, the son/leader of the Vitaly criminal organisation (mafia is too italian of a name). I guess he'd probably be the son of @Xanaphia 's matriach (or stepson if it works better). How much power he actually has is something we can discuss. I'll upload the sheet in a bit.

Always on the prowl for Cocchiola crew associates and members, if anything likes, plus any kind of interpersonal relationships, friendship, enemies, or romantic, for L.V.

Also going to play a good detective down the line, disliking his federal level colleagues. His city, he cleans it up, however best he might he able to do that.
Definitely want to see what my hacker/infiltrator will do working for him.

Holy shit the thread is moving very quickly while I am at work.

I am thinking Penelope Cruz as a FC for my character, Zélia Lopes de Ávila, a liaison between the Columbian Cartel and the Gambinos. Her loyalty is to her cartel, first and foremost, but her relationship to the Gambinos is mutually beneficial.

Maybe she is in a relationship with a high ranking Gambino? Or previously had a relationship with one, which has become strained over the years? Maybe the Vitaly's are vying for her loyalty, and her Columbian connection. Maybe she's losing influence as the gangs transition more towards manufactured party drugs, like MDMA and Meth.

She would have 1-2 bodyguards serving under her, but not a particularly big network of associates in the US. Part of her relationship to the Gambino likely includes her requesting they complete jobs for her.

I will start developing my Vitaly matriach character later on tonight. Also possibly considering a low ranking Gambino, maybe someone who launders money for them?
Ooh, if the cartel is involved, maybe there's a business relation or history with Luc then, since he handles a lot of business for La Familia.

And Pris and I are discussing possible roles with Luc and dear dirty Bianca.

@BennyQ I have a feeling Anib would get along very well with your character. Perhaps one of his best students? Or simply someone who he respects for the experience and tough background.

L.V could have been Anib’s driver in his youth, when he was in his twenties, though that is like ancient history by the time this RP comes around. A driver role for a made guy is like a protégé position in the mafia, if my understanding is correct. You drive the important guy around, observe his meetings with clients, associates, etc, learn and all that.

Definitely want to see what my hacker/infiltrator will do working for him.

We going to make a lot of money, that’s for sure!

I’m probably going to control two made guys as NPC in the Cocchiola crew as well, down the line. Idiots to wise crack with.

Quick update!

I'm going to bed. I need to go to bed, or I won't make it to work in the morning. But, by the time I get home from work tomorrow, I hope there'll be a sub-forum waiting for us. I will post everything we need, and then I'll tell you all where to post things and how things will work to keep all threads neat and organized! <3 We'll use this thread for now!

Now, p l e a s e continue making connections, as EVERYONE knows people. You might not know everyone in the opposite family, but you should at least know some by name...

My goal is that every character has a reason to interact with pretty much everyone else, although you don't have to actually interact with them! The timeline is going to move slowly, as I will explain once I make the timeline thread, but you might need to discuss things with other people instead of roleplaying it all out. Because I have a feeling we're going to have PLENTY of amaaazing roleplays soon! Both 1v1 and groups of 3 or more (At least I'm planning some events where pretty much everyone/everyone from one family will be present or at least have the opportunity to be)

Also, the list of characters at the top of the page is just a draft. I'll make a prettier, more detailed one once we set up a character profile thread!

Thank you so much for being excited for this!!

On that note, anyone want to make some sorta connections to Kaegan? I figured a hacker/infiltrator with little record of even existing has their secret but established connections.

A note for Luciano, @Vinaein I have it in my mind that his father Lorenzo would have died about 5-10 years ago, but it would depend on the timeline we want to have with whoever plays Luca (or character previously known as) with how long he has been in charge.

Yes, Luca is still up for grabs! But his first name can be whatever as long as it's somewhat Italian! Would be fun to have someone actually play him, but no one needs to. Who knows, perhaps more people will join us??

And yes, I agree that it makes sense that Lorenzo is dead and has been for a little while!

ATTN VITALY&#039;S
𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑉𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑦 𝐶𝑙𝑎𝑛,

Please accept my sincere condolences for the loss of Uncle Tony. It is hard to believe that your very own 'Vorecchie' could betray the family in so many ways. She had you all fooled, but all is fair in love and war.

>>Current timeline...
  • Special Agent Veronica Sandoval is assigned to monitor the mafia
  • Uncle Tony marries Veronica née 'Campari'
  • Anthony Vitaly is assassinated by Michael Damiano
  • Veronica Campari/Vitaly/Sandoval receives a generous life insurance pay out, and then disappears without a trace
  • An informant reveals to the Vitaly's that Veronica was working for the FBI the entire time, and is now with the Gambino's and all that blood money

Anyone who wishes to establish backstory with Veronica while she was undercover with the Vitaly's and working with law enforcement can DM me, or post here.

Last edited:
ATTN VITALY&#039;S
𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑉𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑦 𝐶𝑙𝑎𝑛,

Please accept my sincere condolences for the loss of Uncle Tony. It is hard to believe that your very own 'Vorecchie' could betray the family in so many ways. She had you all fooled, but all is fair in love and war.

>>Current timeline...
  • Special Agent Veronica Sandoval is assigned to monitor the mafia
  • Uncle Tony marries Veronica née 'Campari'
  • Anthony Vitaly is assassinated by Michael Damiano
  • Veronica Campari/Vitaly/Sandoval receives a generous life insurance pay out, and then disappears without a trace
  • An informant reveals to the Vitaly's that Veronica was working for the FBI the entire time, and is now with Gambino's and all that blood money

Anyone who wishes to establish backstory with Veronica while she was undercover with the Vitaly's and working with law enforcement can DM me, or post here.
Tap tap tap

Kaegan's just digging through her digital trail like a young adult on his smart phone texting away, earbuds in while waiting in the elevator up to speak with L.V. about a job, brining a cup of coffee to his lips for a sip. "Good read. Oh, that's my floor."

@BennyQ I don't really see Anib as an important mafia guy... more like a consultant, in a way. And also a get down and dirty when needed kind of guy. So in that sense maybe they've had to work together on a mission at some point, or L.V. took Anib's advice for a certain operation and it went well? That kind of thing would be more suitable. But they could also clash if you prefer! Maybe they each have different views on how things should be done and they argue about it (?). I just think Anib would think of him as someone valuable (not often the case).

Here is my second character!
WANTED ROLE ; Leader of the Vitaly criminal organisation
NAME ; Dimitri Vitaly (many nicknames, but none to his face)
AGE ; 24
GENDER ; Male
SIN ; Greed? Nah. Pride? Not a bit. Wrath? Never. Envy? No. Lust? Oh, please. Gluttony? Hmmm, chocolate is nice... SLOTH! He's a lazy asshole.
LOYALTY ; The Vitalys (himself, mainly)
ORIENTATION ; Bisexual
FACE CLAIM ;
Max Riemelt
tDy4hUpe_400x400.jpg

INFORMATION ;
Dimitri was born to a household where suitcases of money ran through the corridors, drugs were kept next to the cereal boxes and almost the same amount of corpses and prostitutes came and went out of the door each day. As a kid, it did not take long to understand what his family was into, but rather than question his situation or complain, he simply took it to be the norm. Did it affect his mental health? Perhaps not as much as people might think. He did not have such a bad childhood, being the son of who he was. In fact, he was quite happy. The life of a Vitaly seemed exciting.

Until his older half? sister, Alexandra, died. It was not a simple death. It was murder, and it was rape, and it was all the terrible things a 10 year old should have not seen through the hacked security cameras that went into his gaming computer. There was a terrible gang war following the incident, with many casualties, house moves, and a realisation that life as a Vitaly would require many sacrifices.

And a different way of doing things.

As he grew up, Dimitri realised that he would either have to engage in the dirty and bloody tactics which had surrounded the criminal world for years, or he would have to change the rules of the game. Others had tried before him, but none had succeeded. Of course, many were still set in their own ways, so they had to go. The raw muscle soldiers would be replaced, eventually, with professional assassins. The drug dealers, with lawyers. The spies with hackers. And most importantly, the control of the money would come before the fights, not after them. Simple, clean, and way more effective. His father, however, did not agree when he proposed this. The man was obsessed with getting revenge for his deceased daughter, even after such a bloody war. He was still planning on having the Vitaly family beat the Gambino family at their own game, and Dimitri knew that would lead nowhere.

Plus his father was a dick. And a well rounded idiot. Dimitri had him killed when it was time for him to take over. Much sooner than most people expected. Legally speaking it was an accident, and most people in the Vitaly criminal organisation simply blamed the Gambinos. The job was perfect, and Dimitri only had to make sure that all the loose strings were cut. Uncle Tony had to die too, but of course, the orders for that failed arrest attempt came from the FBI. He would have his investigators look into it, to make sure that they found out exclusively that cause.

Dimitri is a criminal mastermind, but he has no motivation. No, Dimitri is simply unpredictable because he himself does not know what he will do the following day. When and idea comes to him, he acts on it. And his plans just work, because no one knows them. He can not be betrayed, because he does not trust anybody. Family? Family is a joke. He believes that to be respected and followed, he needs to give people more than what they want. So he only works with those whom he can buy, either with money, power, or some other reason.

The Vitaly family has been changing its direction lately. They will let the Gambinos take the drug market for a while... in exchange, Vitalys will drive their tentacles deep into the political parties, companies, courthouses, police, internet... They will take control of everything which controls the drug market, and soon enough, Gambinos will all be a joke. Unless tomorrow, Dimitri decides to change his mind. He does that quite often.

TRAITS ;

• He advocates for less violence, more freedom for people who work for him and tends to be kind unless he's in a bad mood.
  • His mood might change all of a sudden. He can be incredibly annoying to deal with.
  • He sees through most people's plans, and simply thinks ahead of everything.
  • He can be childish sometimes, or at least seem childish to people who do not follow his reasoning.
  • He is always right. People hate him for it, but he will say "I told you so" way too often for someone his age.
  • He takes too many risks. So far, they have paid off, but he is hard to trust.

CONNECTIONS ; (if players agree to them)
  • He made sure to get Bianca Delgado (@p r i s m) to work for them as a double agent. He knows that her father is with the Gambinos.
  • Would have probably sent much stuff Nicholai's (@Staine) way to get Vitaly's hands into politics, companies and courthouses as part of his plan to take over. Some of these asks might make no sense. We could discuss further.
  • Very supportive of assassins such as Anastazia (@DigitalSiren) and Michael (@Vinaein).
  • Probably found out about Vorecchie's (@Retrojapan) betrayal, but is happy about it. He doesn't want anyone too connected to Tony or his father close to him.

EXTRAS ;
Main goal is to take over the whole country. Or is it? Who knows, it might change tomorrow.
He has shit on everyone. Knows the ropes of hacking since he was 10, and not many people are aware of the fact that the "secret" Vitaly phones which he hands out are all monitored by him or someone very close to him. The phone cameras and microphones are on 24/7.

LOOKING FOR ;
Either of the Vitaly assassins to be responsible for the death of his father and his uncle.
A political connection?
Some undercover agent in/close to the Gambino family?

I guess all Vitaly characters know their leader so happy to plot out those relationships. I've tried to include a first impression of that in the character sheet but all is subject to approval from Caylee and the players involved.

@BennyQ I don't really see Anib as an important mafia guy... more like a consultant, in a way. And also a get down and dirty when needed kind of guy. So in that sense maybe they've had to work together on a mission at some point, or L.V. took Anib's advice for a certain operation and it went well? That kind of thing would be more suitable. But they could also clash if you prefer! Maybe they each have different views on how things should be done and they argue about it (?). I just think Anib would think of him as someone valuable (not often the case).

Here is my second character!
WANTED ROLE ; Leader of the Vitaly criminal organisation
NAME ; Dimitri Vitaly (many nicknames, but none to his face)
AGE ; 24
GENDER ; Male
SIN ; Greed? Nah. Pride? Not a bit. Wrath? Never. Envy? No. Lust? Oh, please. Gluttony? Hmmm, chocolate is nice... SLOTH! He's a lazy asshole.
LOYALTY ; The Vitalys (himself, mainly)
ORIENTATION ; Bisexual
FACE CLAIM ;
Max Riemelt
tDy4hUpe_400x400.jpg

INFORMATION ;
Dimitri was born to a household where suitcases of money ran through the corridors, drugs were kept next to the cereal boxes and almost the same amount of corpses and prostitutes came and went out of the door each day. As a kid, it did not take long to understand what his family was into, but rather than question his situation or complain, he simply took it to be the norm. Did it affect his mental health? Perhaps not as much as people might think. He did not have such a bad childhood, being the son of who he was. In fact, he was quite happy. The life of a Vitaly seemed exciting.

Until his older half? sister, Alexandra, died. It was not a simple death. It was murder, and it was rape, and it was all the terrible things a 10 year old should have not seen through the hacked security cameras that went into his gaming computer. There was a terrible gang war following the incident, with many casualties, house moves, and a realisation that life as a Vitaly would require many sacrifices.

And a different way of doing things.

As he grew up, Dimitri realised that he would either have to engage in the dirty and bloody tactics which had surrounded the criminal world for years, or he would have to change the rules of the game. Others had tried before him, but none had succeeded. Of course, many were still set in their own ways, so they had to go. The raw muscle soldiers would be replaced, eventually, with professional assassins. The drug dealers, with lawyers. The spies with hackers. And most importantly, the control of the money would come before the fights, not after them. Simple, clean, and way more effective. His father, however, did not agree when he proposed this. The man was obsessed with getting revenge for his deceased daughter, even after such a bloody war. He was still planning on having the Vitaly family beat the Gambino family at their own game, and Dimitri knew that would lead nowhere.

Plus his father was a dick. And a well rounded idiot. Dimitri had him killed when it was time for him to take over. Much sooner than most people expected. Legally speaking it was an accident, and most people in the Vitaly criminal organisation simply blamed the Gambinos. The job was perfect, and Dimitri only had to make sure that all the loose strings were cut. Uncle Tony had to die too, but of course, the orders for that failed arrest attempt came from the FBI. He would have his investigators look into it, to make sure that they found out exclusively that cause.

Dimitri is a criminal mastermind, but he has no motivation. No, Dimitri is simply unpredictable because he himself does not know what he will do the following day. When and idea comes to him, he acts on it. And his plans just work, because no one knows them. He can not be betrayed, because he does not trust anybody. Family? Family is a joke. He believes that to be respected and followed, he needs to give people more than what they want. So he only works with those whom he can buy, either with money, power, or some other reason.

The Vitaly family has been changing its direction lately. They will let the Gambinos take the drug market for a while... in exchange, Vitalys will drive their tentacles deep into the political parties, companies, courthouses, police, internet... They will take control of everything which controls the drug market, and soon enough, Gambinos will all be a joke. Unless tomorrow, Dimitri decides to change his mind. He does that quite often.

TRAITS ;

• He advocates for less violence, more freedom for people who work for him and tends to be kind unless he's in a bad mood.
  • His mood might change all of a sudden. He can be incredibly annoying to deal with.
  • He sees through most people's plans, and simply thinks ahead of everything.
  • He can be childish sometimes, or at least seem childish to people who do not follow his reasoning.
  • He is always right. People hate him for it, but he will say "I told you so" way too often for someone his age.
  • He takes too many risks. So far, they have paid off, but he is hard to trust.

CONNECTIONS ; (if players agree to them)
  • He made sure to get Bianca Delgado (@p r i s m) to work for them as a double agent. He knows that her father is with the Gambinos.
  • Would have probably sent much stuff Nicholai's (@Staine) way to get Vitaly's hands into politics, companies and courthouses as part of his plan to take over. Some of these asks might make no sense. We could discuss further.
  • Very supportive of assassins such as Anastazia (@DigitalSiren) and Michael (@Vinaein).
  • Probably found out about Vorecchie's (@Retrojapan) betrayal, but is happy about it. He doesn't want anyone too connected to Tony or his father close to him.

EXTRAS ;
Main goal is to take over the whole country. Or is it? Who knows, it might change tomorrow.
He has shit on everyone. Knows the ropes of hacking since he was 10, and not many people are aware of the fact that the "secret" Vitaly phones which he hands out are all monitored by him or someone very close to him. The phone cameras and microphones are on 24/7.

LOOKING FOR ;
Either of the Vitaly assassins to be responsible for the death of his father and his uncle.
A political connection?
Some undercover agent in/close to the Gambino family?

I guess all Vitaly characters know their leader so happy to plot out those relationships. I've tried to include a first impression of that in the character sheet but all is subject to approval from Caylee and the players involved.

bEhJRTw.gif

So the Vitaly family just took a revolutionary Hamlet-esque direction that I wasn't even prepared for with this. Bring it.

Ah, I misunderstood then. That works as well. Tips, tricks, rumors, anything that could lead to a job or payout, Anib gave to L.V back in those days? And then got himself a nice few percentage points on the take just for the advice. A good, productive friendship. L.V and his crew is certainly capable if Anib ever needs a reliable crew or worker for any of his own projects.

So Vitaly family just took a revolutionary Hamlet-esque direction that I wasn't even prepared for. Bring it.
Oh, maybe I should build on that! what's Hamlet's mother's name again....

Ugh, nvm. Think I am going with Dianora Vitaly, who would be @Magno Dmitri's mother. I can see her taking a personal role in seeking out her husband's killer. Or maybe she had a hand it in as well?

(Isn't it actually more of an Oedipial direction? I am not really a fan of incest, but maybe switch Dianora to stepmom and making her Dmitri's lover could be an interesting angle.)

I am leaning towards Lisa Edelstein for her FC.

@Magno
I don't mind Anastazia being the one to take him out, if he had a good reason (or a reasonable one)

I loooooove her! Low-key think Mama Gambino and not-Lisa Edelstein should be like... high school or college frenemies?
OOh, what if they were good friends before they married mafia enemies? Now it's a really bitter relationship.

@Magno Let me know if you want to discuss our character's relationship, namely just what kind of crazy things have been asked of Nicholai!

Ugh, nvm. Think I am going with Dianora Vitaly, who would be @Magno Dmitri's mother. I can see her taking a personal role in seeking out her husband's killer. Or maybe she had a hand it in as well?

(Isn't it actually more of an Oedipial direction? I am not really a fan of incest, but maybe switch Dianora to stepmom and making her Dmitri's lover could be an interesting angle.)

Her name was Gertrude, but I like Dianora better! It goes well with Dimitri.

Hamlet's mother did, however, have her husband killed and then married Hamlet's Uncle. Right? Maybe. Perhaps this can take a Hamlet direction after all with Uncle Tony being assassinated? I mean - who ordered that hit?
  • Did Michael kill Tony because of the affair with Veronica? Perhaps Michael was to split the life insurance payout but Veronica fucked off?
  • Or maybe Dianora had both Vitaly patriarchs killed off for Dimitri
  • Did a Gambino put out a hit....

I also love the backstory with the parents' generation now!? We will need a family tree by the end of this.

Last edited:
I know people are discussing things in PMs and that is great! But, I am really confused and it's not honestly pleasant, cause I answered something, but it is a moot point it seems? Because it was discussed elsewhere. Sorry, I have never done anything like this, so I could just not be understanding how it should work.

I know people are discussing things in PMs and that is great! But, I am really confused and it's not honestly pleasant, cause I answered something, but it is a moot point it seems? Because it was discussed elsewhere. Sorry, I have never done anything like this, so I could just not be understanding how it should work.
What has you confused? We can try to help fill you in, answer questions and whatnot.

I PM'd you (but just reply me on here so people can see the plot ideas), let's figure out what kind of power distribution they have now, but I think it will be just easier if your character also had a hand in the father's death, not sure Dimitri would hide things from his mother (like, if she supported his father blindly, he would have tried to kill her too). I can update the sheet when we figure it out.

@Magno
I don't mind Anastazia being the one to take him out, if he had a good reason (or a reasonable one)
I guess the main reason for Dimitri was that he just felt like it? But he would have probably needed an excuse such as the fact that his father was obsessed in getting revenge from the Gambinos and was looking to start another pointless war. So maybe the best way to avoid it was to go for a change in leadership...

@Magno Let me know if you want to discuss our character's relationship, namely just what kind of crazy things have been asked of Nicholai!
Mainly subtle things, starting with the general concept of a personal lawyer for advice on how to break the law without breaking the law (if possible). Buying companies which ensure a full chain of distribution of some product which can be replaced with other illegal products, and also allow for introducing money into the legal system. Moving money to tax shelter countries, arranging for false identities and other nasty paperwork. Starting cases against companies as a form of blackmail. Making sure people who have to stay in prison stay in prison (false evidence, etc). I guess you can come up with many of these too, I don't know much about lawyers anyway. But he would not ask Nicholai to cover up for crimes or defend people at trials and so on, that can be done by less important lawyers (unless someone really important gets caught).

Yeah, sorry, I have started some conversations over PMs but maybe we should just move them all to here. It makes sense to have everyone see what people are saying and contribute.

It was hard to respond to everything. Damn.

Back
Top Bottom