Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Chill Between Them (CasualVelociraptor x Alisa_Perne)

"Do not talk like that. Please." NOTE: I don't remember the name of the mall, and I will look it up later.
  • "Do not talk like that, Yas. Please," Jane said. "You've always been the strong one, the noble one...somewhere along the way, you lost that for a bit, but I stuck with you all these years, even when you showed you were capable of real cruelty, because I knew that deep down, a selfless woman was just lying in wait for the grief to subside, if only for just a moment...please, do not grieve me if I die protecting you, for I have always been your knight and knew that one day I might have to lay down my life for you. For it says in the Bible, John 15:13- Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. I long ago kicked the Bible to the curb, but you get the idea.

"It would be a far worse fate, indeed, for me to die apart from you. For I can no longer bear to put any distance between us, literal or otherwise, given how much you mean to so many people. I know Connor would be proud of how his mama has been a balm to so many hearts. And one day, your son who grows now as the seed of your abiding love for Erika will know how his mom became a hero. You know why? Because heroes inspire people to make a stand, and I, and the whole of the Neo Varangians (who are almost certainly being blacklisted by the government as we speak, meaning my men, women, and others are being hunted down by other PMCs) will fight on against Toussaint, or the Council member, or anyone who dares come after you, until our dying breath. So don't even think about trying to send me away again, do you fucking hear me?"

Seconds later, before Jane could hug her soon-to-be wife, a catastrophic explosion rocked the Legato Mall next to them, and as Jane turned to Yasmine, a piece of steel beam soared inches above Jane's head and embedded itself in the wall behind them, as the screams of 50,000 people who were evaporated by the heat, if not crushed by debris.

Meanwhile, Erika and Shiloh were hanging out at a park bench, finally eating shawarma that was made with actual fresh ingredients, but that had not been cooked according to the exact specifications of the rich and still discerning customers at five star restaurants that still had distinct ethnic identities and lived at the top of the tallest towers. Anytime this happened

And then they saw the explosion. From where they were, Legato Mall decidedly blocked most of the view of Legato Tower proper, so it looked like the penthouse where Jane and Yasmine were staying had gone up in smoke as well. And then Toussaint's mark formed out of tongues of fire as Deirdre's had, and now the whole world would know who was responsible.

Erika's eyes trembled in fear, both at the loss of the sire of her child, and worry about who Toussaint might be. There was only one person, in her mind, who could have such a deep grudge against Yasmine.

They said the same name from both their trembling hearts that had loved him (like a brother in Shiloh's case, with all her heart and body in Erika's) so deeply.

"Michael."

Last edited:
    Back
    Top Bottom