Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

“What are we going to do, Takeda-sensei? Should I shoot?” Amaya asked through the phone. “I have a clear shot right now, he isn’t moving.”

“Understood.” Amaya said, keeping her sights trained on Motochika, trying to not look at the corpses littering the floors around him.

They made their way to the south side of the estate where Motochika and Nana were, the heavy feeling of the place growing worse the closer they got. Shingen stopped when they reached Motochika, who's gaze flickered up towards them quickly from watching Nana.
"She..." His voice was shaking, "She's dying...please..."
"Did you do this to her?" Shingen asked firmly. Motochika's fire eyes burned brightly.
"I would never hurt Nana like this!!" He yelled, "They were killing her!! I had to protect her!!"

Amaya could hear Motochika’s voice from the car rooftop, the tiles beneath her rumbling from his thunderous voice.

Nana lay on the floor in front of Motochika, face crusted with blood and dripping with sweat, still unconscious.

"I won't let you take her from me!!" Motochika yelled and rushed forward at break neck speed. Shingen summoned a giant burning red tiger to meet Motochika, both of them locking in combat.
"Amaya," Shingen said as he pulled a hatchet from his back, "When I give the word, take out his legs."

Amaya braced herself against the roof, plating her feet firmly into the tiles and taking aim at one of Motochika’s knees. “Locked on.” She confirmed.

Nana winced as Motochika engaged in battle with Shingen, face twisting into a look of discomfort and exertion.

The other two sorcerers moved to Nana to administer first aid and to inspect the damage.
"Get away!!" Motochika grew in size and tried to move back toward Nana, only to have Shingen's shikigami grapple onto him to keep him back.

Nana let out a low groan when Motochika grew in stature, like it caused her physical pain, putting strain on her already frail body.
“She’s still breathing, Sir!” One called out to Shingen, the two moving Nana back away from Motochika and wrapping her head to stop the bleeding. “She’s alive, but unconscious!”
Was this Shikigami acting if it’s own accord? If Nana was unconscious, who was controlling him?

A loud shot rang out in the courtyard, Motochika’s knee exploding with blood as the bullet tore through his flesh. Before he could even feel pain, his other leg buckled from beneath him, her second shot striking her target again, his knees becoming little more than a bloody mess.

He fell backwards, staring up at the ceiling as Shingen moved to bind him.
"She'll be ok...? She'll live...?" Motochika asked. Shingen only nodded and Motochika shrunk in size.
"Yogatta..."

Nana was carefully placed onto a stretcher, wrapped in a blanket with a seal over her chest to limit her cursed energy output.

Amaya retreated down off the roof, the heavy rifle evaporating into mist before completely vanishing, jogging to meet up with Mitsunari. She slowed her approach as she saw him standing alone in the hallway. “Sensei already take the girl to the car?”

Amaya eyed him uneasily, shoving her hands in her pockets. “Oh, yeah.” She glanced around before taking a half step back. “I’ll meet you at the car then.” She said, then turned and headed off in a jog.

Nana rode in the second car, not enough room in the first with everyone else, plus she would be tended to to make sure she would make the trip to the hospital at the school. For her Shikigami, an extra car had to be sent for him, one large enough to hold him.

Motochika was bound so tightly he thought he would suffocate. But he didn't care about that, he worried about Nana. The fires were dull as he stared at the floor.

The humans that had come had said she was still alive, but how much time did she have? Would they be able to save her?

Amaya was excited from the previous night, getting to spend actual time out in the field, and with the school principal no less.

Amaya had been working on target practice, surprised to hear Mitsunari ask her to spar. She was terrible at hand to hand, everyone knew that, so why was he asking her of all people? “Uh, I’m sure there are better partners, right?”

“Yeah.” Amaya let go of her pistol, letting it disappear into a fine mist as she walked over to Mitsunari, who was far taller than her. “What are we going to practice?” She asked.

Back
Top Bottom