Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An apocalyptic romance Alisa X Kira

When the song was done, Sonia smiled at Ethel, "You know it?" she asked, wondering if she had heard the song from its writer, her mother.

Ethel wanted to tell her that she actually helped her mother write that song, but also did not remember how long ago that was so didn't.
"Yeah, your mother sings that song"

"It's so beautiful, to me at least." she smiled, "She sang it much more beautifully than me." Sonia gazed at Ethel with love in her eyes once more then stopped, snapping herself out of it quickly. The dear was finished being cleaned, all that was left to do was build a big enough fire and they could roast it whole. "Ethel, do you know any fire magic?" she asked, hopeful that she could make this process easier.

"Fire bow?" Sonia said, questioning it, "What sort of magic is that?"

"Oooh." Sonia said as her eyes widened, this was something she had never seen before. "How does it work?" she asked, her curiosity now at its peak, everything else seemed to fade away at the knowledge of this invention.

"Well, the bow spins this stick here making it rub against this board, which creates friction, in turn, creates enough heat to light the flammable substance you put here" She tried to explain pointing out each part as she did so.

"So, its a non magical fire?" Sonia said, staring at it, "That is amazing." she said, "We usually start fires with magic or a little gunpowder, this is entirely different and more efficient." Sonia was almost enamored by the simple idea, maybe it was because she found Ethel so fascinating that everything she did was amazing, regardless, she was still amazed by this and had that puppy dog look in her eyes as she stared at Ethel.

"Ahh. yes, humans don't always have access to magic, and gunpowder is actually a very poor way to start the fire, as it's messy and expensive. But this works just fine," she told her as she got the fire going larger.

Sonia smiled, she looked into Ethel's eyes, doe eyed and happy, she had that look on her face of "I want to kiss you." Sonia lost all control, Ethel's lips were like magnets and Sonia started to lean in, gazing into Ethel's eyes, she would either kiss her or fail miserably, but she didn't care.

Ethel violet eyes almost seemed to sparkle in the light of the fire, as hers met with the young girls, she saw her leaning in lips puckered.
"Ugh." She sighed and placed a hand in front of her face.
"What happened to waiting till we saved the world?" She asked her hand wrapped around Sonia's face.

"Sorry." She said muffled, not bothering to move Ethel's hand, even if it was covering her face, a touch was a touch, "I just....your eyes, I got lost in them and then well, desire took over rationality and I fell head over heels." Sonia pulled away, biting her lip. "I'm sorry." she said again.

She released her face and gave her a smile.
"it's fine, just try and stay focused, I'll try and keep my eyes less, uhh desirable?" she shrugged as she continued to work again.

Sonia blushed, "Impossible to do." she said, in a whisper, almost hoping Ethel would not hear it. "So, please, tell me of your plan if this is in fact an Ice Dragon, which I most certainly hope it is not, but let's just say it is, how are we to defeat it without one of us dying. That one of us being me of course, even though we are supposed to try to be together after this, I would gladly fall on a blade just to make you safe, to make you all safe." This was not just a phrase she was uttering because she was fantastically head over heels in love with Ethel, but because she really wanted this to be over and the world to be safe, for as long as the threat of the omen loomed, it would never be.

β€œDon’t be stupid, trust me, I can’t explain it now but I have a way of defeating the dragon. You just need to trust me. I’ll just have to be the one to link with it. It won’t work with anyone else.” She explained, acting like she didn’t hear the whisper.

"I trust you, I am terrified that you will not tell me, but I trust you." Sonia said, "Promise me one thing though? Once this is over, no matter what you do, you will come back to me?"

"You better be." Sonia said grasping Ethels hand, then pulling her in for a kiss and pulling away once she was done. "I regret nothing." she said.

Ethel stood strong as she was attempted to be pulled in, not moving an inch.
"You might regret it later," she told her, releasing the grasp.

"Impossible." Sonia said, love in her eyes.

Sonia blushed, "Right, so, technically in elf years I am still a child." She looked away, almost ashamed.

"Are you trying to get me in trouble little one? I am an adult woman, what would your mother think of this?" She placed her hand to her chest and scoffed.

"Technically does not mean exactly." Sonia bit her lip, "I mean, I am fully grown, just, ya know, elves age different, you didn't make any complaints before." She blushed and bit her lip.

Back
Top Bottom