Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An apocalyptic romance Alisa X Kira

Sonia nodded, "Well that, and some other things. Ethel, can I pay you a compliment?" Sonia asked, nervous.

"Oh, well sure, I don't see why not" She looked at her.
"Though we just met I can't imagine what you might have to compliment me on"

"You're pretty." Sonia said, biting her lip, especially your eyes.

Sonia's fair skin turned a deep red, and she started giggling nervously while staring at Ethel.

"Right." Sonia said nodding her head, "So we are suspicious of it being an ice dragon, which that alone is a force to be reckoned with, but the worst part of it is that the ice dragon can only die when whomever it has bound its soul to dies as well. There has to be another way." Sonia said, no longer fool hardy, something in her had changed indeed, "There has to be something else we can do because I am not willing to lose any one of my companions."

"Wait....." Sonia said, "I said nobody dies, and that sounds like you dying." She bit her lip, "Please, tell me it does not involve you dying, not when we were just starting to get acquainted."

"I will be around after the beast has been slain do not worry." She assured her.
"But first we need to find out where the dragon can be located."

"Right." Sonia said, "We need to head to the cold." Sonia said, "Somewhere its abnormally cold, which is why we need to get to town, ask around, find out if anyone has seen anything strange, from there, we can track down the omen, and from there, I guess we let you do your thing Ethel."

"That makes sense, I am happy to see that you are a clever and focused leader" Ethel smiled.
"So where do we go first seeking information like this, do any of you have contacts that might be able to help?"

"So, no." Modok chimed in, "We just go there for work, and lately all of our employers have uh, well, they've been killed." Modok said earnestly.

"Being a mercenary is a rough business lass, sometimes they kill you, sometimes you kill them, and sometimes well, they kill your employers for sending you to kill their people." Sheldon said with a shrug. "Hopefully its been long enough they don't recognize us, lest we have to turn tail and run."

The group shrugged, "We don't know." Sonia said, speaking for the rest of them, "Its a port city, everything changes hands there, including information, once we found out our employers were killed, we sort of broke off all contact, this is desperation that we are going there. Hoping to leave with our heads, and some information."

The group collectively shrugged again, "Bars? Taverns? Inns? The docks?" Sonia said, "We aren't really sure, we are going in blind, but we have no choice."

"Look." Sonia said, "We don't have all the answers, I just appreciate that you are willing to help."

"We need to go to the three taverns and four inns, I do not suggest we go alone, because of....reasons." Modok chimed in, "It is best we stick together, if they try to capture us or fight us, we are harder to contend with as a group than we are on our own."

Ethel rubbed the bridge of her nose.
"Fine but no alcohol while there." She said before looking at the swarf and Goliath.
"And no Whores" She added.

Sheldon and M crossed their arms and huffed, "Killjoy." Sheldon said under his breath.

"Sounds like a plan, we may have to keep a leash on these two though." Modok said gesturing to Sheldon and M, "They tend to sniff out booze and whores wherever they go."

Sonia on the other hand, was doing her best to contain her laughter, but it burst forth from her and then the whole group started laughing.

She looked over to the, down at Sheldon and up at M.
"If I see a single Whore, or smell the slightest hint of Booze on either of you, I'll break both of your arms" She Warned them in a serious tone.

Sheldon and M immediately straightened up and saluted Ethel, "We wont." Sheldon said,

"But Sheldon, what with that one you promised you would-" Sheldon put a hand over M's mouth and silenced him immediately.

"Eh...heh heh, don't uh, mind what he is sayin, sometimes these types babble on without knowin what they are sayin." Sheldon fidgeted nervously.

Back
Top Bottom