Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An apocalyptic romance Alisa X Kira

"Many different ones." Sonia said, her sobbing slowly going away, "It was terrible."

"Stay with me?" Sonia asked, "Just, lay next to me, I am not asking to be intimate, just, let me wake up next to you. Please?"

"Sometimes it feels good to close your eyes." Sonia said, still clinging to Ethel, "And sleep like a normal person, sometimes my dreams are good. The first time we made love, I slept, my dreams were so beautiful. Now as the hour of reckoning approaches, they are all nightmares. All the same thing, death."

"Then stop sleeping, seems like a pretty easy solution. Until all this is over, just meditated. Besides that way you can be more productive with the extra time." She told her.

Sonia nodded, "Stay with me?" She asked again, almost begging.

She took a deep breath and rubbed the bridge of her nose.
"I'll sit in here with you, though it is nearly morning anyway." She told her, breakfast has already been started.

"Is it?" Sonia asked, now cognitively aware the sun would come up soon, "Then maybe we can make some tea and talk by the fire? I would like that very much."

Sonia smiled, rolled over and grabbed a bag of herbs out of her bag. "Straight from the elves themselves." She said, grinning and holding the bag up as she crawled out of the tent.

Ethel nodded and let her get out before leaving herself and closing the tent.
"The Elves have good herbs for teas" She smiled and grabbed some water, putting it over the fire to heat it.
"So what did you want to talk about?"

"This thing you are going to do, to stop the dragon." Sonia said, putting some of the herbs in the water, "What is it?"

"Implicitly." Sonia said, grinning.

"I need to know more." Sonia said biting her lip, "I know how its supposed to end, but I need to hear it from you that it will be different."

"Can you promise me that? Because you still made a deal with me, and I expect you to uphold it." Her words were coarse, but her grin was warming.

"Yes, I promise I will be alive and well after we are done. And that I will stick to our deal, whereas long as neither of us dies, we will date when this is all done." She explained.

Sonia smiled, "Good." She grabbed a wooden spoon and stirred the water, "Should be ready soon." She stood up, walked to her tent and pulled two wooden mugs from her satchel and then brought them back. "I carved these over a few nights when you were all asleep. "This one is yours." She said, handing a mug to Ethel, it had a heart carved into it with a big "E" in the middle of it.

"Nope." Sonia said, smiling, "Just you."

Sonia giggled, "Cuz, I like you."

Back
Top Bottom