Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An apocalyptic romance Alisa X Kira

"M scared, dont hurt us pretty lady." He recoiled.

"See what ya did? Ya scared him, now he wont say anythin'" Sheldon said, somewhat relieved that M had a clam like nature when it came to conflict, even though on the battlefield he was happily dismembering his foes.

She smiled and gently reached up touching M's cheek, I won't hurt you, just tell me what you were going to say. I appreciate honesty." She said, using a calm emotions spell as she touche his cheek.

M smiled, "Mmmm, pretty lady so warm." He fell into almost a trance, "Sheldon has a whore he visits regularly at the port, he promised he would see her this time and pay her the money he owes her, he's in love."

Sheldon huffed, "I'll kill ya, ya overgrown idget." He clambered onto M who was significantly larger and started pulling his hair.

"OW! That hurts! Make him stop pretty lady." M whined.

Soon Sheldon found a hand grasped around his neck and he has pulled off the Goliath, being held aloft by one had from the woman.
"So Sheldon, did you lie to me, or did you plan on not visiting this Lady of the night?"

"I may or may not have neglected to tell you." He said with a gulp, "But now that ye mention it, there may have been a distinct possibility that I planned to visit her. A man must pay his debts after all." He swallowed weakly.

She dropped him.
"Not this time you won't, unless of course, you manage to find the info we need, no messing around, the world is at stake here." She demanded.
"Oh and I am going to get you to tell me what you did after under a truth spell don't think you can be sneaky about it," She told him.

Sheldon huffed, "Let a man have his fun." He crossed his arms.

Then Sonia chimed in, barely containing laughter, "Yeah Ethel, not many women are into a four foot hairy little man." She emphasized the word little and then burst into laughter.

"Hey! Its proportionate to my bodeh!" He crossed his arms and huffed again. "Bigger n yours."

"Because I don't have one." Sonia giggled, "I assure you if I did, it would be the largest in the universe."

"Yeah, I don't care about anyone's anything alright? A lot of lives are at stake here, no distractions. The final say, anyone breaks the rule, broken arm. End of discussion" Ethel demanded before walking away.

"Fine." Sheldon said huffing. Sonia nearly fell off her stump laughing, then Modok chimed in, M started with a chuckle and then it quickly turned to boisterous laughter when he looked at Sheldon who was turning red with embarrassment, seconds later it turned to gut busting laughter as it seemed to be contagious.

Ethel stayed quiet amongst the laugher, wanting to be sure she came across as serious, last time their drunken state almost cost them big. She was going to be sure that didn't happen again.

Sonia was the first stop stop laughing as she noticed Ethel was still serious, "Okay okay okay, alright okay." she said catching her breath, "Those two will stay out of trouble, I promise."

"Good because they are your responsibility, we will split up into two teams, you three and me with the other two, good luck. If they mess up, it's on your ass too, as their leader" Ethel explained.

Sonia nodded, "Narry a hooker shall be touched when we get to port." She said with the utmost confidence, "Lest these hooligans have me to answer to, and then you after."

"So obviously we need to speak with the tavern and bar owners there. We need to head to the docks and speak to some of the captains, someone has to know something." Sonia said, "Then from there, if we still have our heads, we speak to the local authorities."

"Fair deal, but for now, we sleep." Sonia said then looked to Ethel, almost giving her a look of hoping she would join her tonight.

Sonia hung her head, and crawled to her tent, alone. She wanted to make an advance on Ethel, but they had technically started over, so if she tried again, she may very well break any fences she mended and lose the chance to be with her altogether, instead she curled in her blankets and sobbed, quietly.

Sonia had a restless sleep, she tossed, she turned, she had nightmares, over and over in her dreams she saw Ethel dying, repeatedly. She awoke in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. "ETHEL!" she shouted, breathing heavily.

Sonia stood up and grabbed the woman, holding her tightly and crying, "Thank gods, you are alive. I had terrible dreams, the dragon..." She sobbed more, "I saw your death thousands of times in the blink of an eye."

Back
Top Bottom