Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An apocalyptic romance Alisa X Kira

"Yeah, I know." She rubbed the back of her head before finishing the tea and placing the cup down.
"Thanks for the tea, wake the others we should get moving soon" She told her before standing up and walking away to start packing up.

Sonia would have cried, she would have broken apart at the blatant disregard Ethel had shown to her words, but this was the new Sonia, the one that would be patient. She finished her tea, stood up and began to wake the others, first with Sheldon, he of course woke up with a snarl, "ILL KILL YA! ILL STRANGLE THE LOT OF YA!" He blindly swung at the air, then wiped his eyes, "Oh, its you, g'mornin." he said with a yawn.

"Sheldon, wake up M and Modok, its time to move." Sonia said.

"What about breakfast?" He asked.

"Its on the fire, just eat quickly, Ethel has a fire under her ass today and we need to get to the port before days end." Sonia said.

Meanwhile, Ethel had already packed up all her things and had started on Sonia's things as well, preparing to pack up some of the others as they ate.

The gang woke up and ate quickly, but still enjoyed their meal, in a matter of an hour they were packed and back on the road to port. "See?" Sonia said, catching up to Ethel, "Efficient when I need to be." She blushed and kissed Ethel on the cheek, feeling like a shy schoolgirl.

"Yeah I never doubted that you guys could not eat efficiently, efficient planning and battle are what really matter," Ethel replied, not seeming to react to the kiss too much, though she did not pull away or reject it.

Sonia smiled and bit her lip, she wanted to kiss Ethel on the lips, but did not want to push her luck any further, so she instead just decided to help her finish packing.

Once they were packed Ethel picked up a large portion of the bags and headed out with the group.
"So everyone remembers their role once we get there?"

The group nodded, "I will keep the whore mongers in line." Sonia said with a chuckle, as Sheldon and M hung their heads in shame.

"Good, also keep in mind that if you find anyone who you think is lying we can collect after and have a circle of truth, but we can't do that with everyone so, make sure we have the right person," Ethel told them.

Sonia nodded, "I understand." She helped Ethel finish packing as everyone else finished eating. "We should be there by noon." she said looking at the sky and pulling out a map. "I think its best we head to the tavern by the docks first, from there we can plan our next move."

"Positive." Sonia said, "The man who runs the tavern knows us well, and if we are to have any area to stay safe in should someone come after us, it will be there. He owes us."

Sonia nodded. "Now then?" She said looking around at the packed up camp.

"Then go we shall." Modok said as he smiled.

"Yes." Sonia replied and then she turned to Ethel, "Walk with me?" She asked.

Sonia sighed, that wasn't what she meant, and she knew Ethel was playing hard to get as she intended to focus on the mission first. She did not reply nor did she say anything else. She took the lead and went in the direction of the port they were supposed to gather information at.

Ethel followed from behind, Sonia had become quite attracted to her, and she knew if she let her get too close it would only end badly. Besides she told herself she would not love again as it only leads to pain when she inevitably outlives them.

"Ethel." Sonia said, "By my side for a moment if you please."

"You are fast correct? I need you to forward scout for us. We are five miles outside of port, and bandits run these roads. The city guard never comes out here. Do not engage any threats, but please, report to me if you see any." She smiled.

Sonia took them off without hesitation, "They are yours." She smiled.

"Good, I should be twice as fast with these" She nodded taking her own off and placing them on.
"Be back in a jiffy." She smiled and took off, moving at 70ft per/sec.

Back
Top Bottom