Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An apocalyptic romance Alisa X Kira

"Then do her a favor, and please, don't die." Modok said with a smile, "Do an old orc a favor? She is still a little upset, would ya, ya know, maybe talk to her when we make camp this evening?"

"Maybe you should say that too?" Modok said, "Bah, who am I to intrude on you kids, just please, do right by her, or what you think is right." He smiled a toothy grin.

"Which is exactly why you telling her that how she is right now is how you like her, if she loves you, and I know she does, she will see what you mean behind this." Modok smiled, "Besides, she needs to start acting like a leader anyway and what better person to hear this from than you, she wont listen to an old orc, but she will listen to someone she loves, so go tell her."

"Fair enough." Modok said.

Sonia stopped and looked around then looked at the sky, "Lets find a rock to make camp against, this is bandit country and I want to cut off at least one route of approach, plus Ethel's friends may still be tailing us and I would rather meet them face to face so they can meet my axe." she said, speaking like a leader, like a hardened warrior, not like some in love school girl.

Ethel wouldn't say anything as they looked for a place that Sonia wanted to set up camp, wanting to see more before she said anything to her.

They did indeed find a large boulder to make camp against, "You." Sonia said, "Come with me, we hunt, now." she said as assertive as possible, waiting for Ethel to follow.

Sonia strode off into the woods with Ethel in tow, "You know how to track?" she asked not making one move to do anything to kiss Ethel or get close to her.

"Because I wanted to talk to you." she said, "Don't worry, I'm not going to try to jump your bones, or kiss you or have sex with you. I want to let you know that from here on, I will make zero advances till this is over, if you want me, you come get it, but I will not allow myself to be distracted from my mission any longer." She said resolutely, and with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Good, that is exactly how things should be, and I know it's not easy for you now, but soon it will feel natural. Plus this is what is best for the team and although you may not believe it, for us as well." She asked looking at her to see how she responded to hearing that.

"I understand." she said, nearly choking back a tear, which she quickly turned and wiped away, "So, did you find any tracks." she quickly changed the subject, knowing if she stayed on it any longer she would in fact be in tears.

"Want to learn?" Sonia asked, leaning down on the ground and pointing to some deer tracks.

"Then lets track an animal together, if I cannot bond with you on an emotional level, let me bond with you with the old ways of my people, tracking an animal and killing it together." she smiled.

Sonia smiled, and walked down following the tracks, stepping next to them not on them, she crouched next to a tree and rubbed the bark, "Its a male." she said, showing the parts where the deer had rubbed the bark off with his horns, "He's marking his territory, must be nearby."

"Nothing outmatches me with a bow." she smiled, "It shouldn't be much further." she crouched and maneuvered through the woods to a clearing where she saw the massive buck grazing, it had a good twelve points on its horns, Sonia drew her bow in reverence and whispered. "Solonor Thelandira, praise you for this bountiful feast." a smile crossed her face as she let the arrow fly, piercing the buck straight through his heart and dropping him quietly. She stood, then kneeled, and said a prayer of thanks in elvish. She walked over to the deer and pulled the arrow out with a twist, "Come. lets bring the animal back to camp."

Ethel picked the massive body up with surprising ease and carried it on her shoulder.
"yeah, thanks buck for your unwilling quote-unquote sarafice" she joked before turning to Sonia.
"If you think this is enough, let's go"

Sonia let her insult her her culture go, she had learned that Ethel was more of a realist, that she probably worshipped no gods, she somehow wondered what her meeting with the elves was like, she scoffed at the mere thought of them even showing her any kind of respect, then she remembered what her mother had taught her, respect all living beings, friend or foe, if they are your friend, you lay down your life for theirs, and if they are your enemy you grant them a swift death, no disrespect on the battlefield. This thought made her smile, "Yes, it will be more than enough."

Back
Top Bottom