Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An apocalyptic romance Alisa X Kira

Sonia looked at Ethel, "You hear something?" She said noticing she stopped walking.

Sonia drew her axe and shield, Sheldon his hammer, M his giant broadsword and Modok his great sword, they moved in close and formed a front line, Sonia shield at the ready in the front along side Sheldon, Modok and M took the flanks and prepared to use their reach to topple anyone who rushed so Sonia and Sheldon could finish them off.

Ethel kept her fists up in a ready stance as men with bows drawn appeared in the trees around them.
"Well well, looks like you all nearly forgot to pay the fee for passing through here" One of them stated.

"No, I don't think I will be paying any fee." Modok said, "You can put your bows down or suffer death at the hands of the greatest Elf fighter that has ever been alive. Sonia the red."

"The reds for the blood of her enemies." Sheldon added.

Sonia slapped her axe against her shield. "Let us pass, or die fools." she said.

"Don't run when she kill you." M added.

"Yeah Yeah, all of you may have skill in a fair fight, but if you don't pay up you will all be shot down where you stand. Like your unarmed friend here" He stated before an arrow shot at Ethel, which she spun as it reached her, it immediately being thrown back at the archer who shot it. It pierced his neck, dropping him to the ground from the tree. More observant people would have seen that Ethel caught the arrow mid-air and used its own momentum to throw it back.

"Who said this fight was fair." Sonia grinned, "My friend is unarmed, but she is not unarmed." She slapped her axe against her shield again, "Come out, or I'm coming in, your choice."

"I'd listen to her if I were you." Modok said.

The man who was speaking seemed to look at the group and assess them again, looking at his dead man on the ground then made a hand gesture, all the archers moving back hidden again in the trees.
"Very well, you may pass."

"The others sheathed their weapons and moved forward, Sonia kept up her shield and held her axe, knowing all to well this could be a trick and the moment they turned their backs was a moment an arrow could pierce their skulls. She slapped her axe against her shield a few more times, hoping to goad at least one of them into a fight, she desired one, and she desired to show Ethel she was a more than capable protector.

As they walked forward an arrow shot at Ethel's feet but did not hit her.
"Except her, she killed one of my men, you understand that can't be let go." He stated.
"The rest of you are free to go through" He added, the archers now well hidden as they doubt once again had their shots trained on the group.

"Fine, you guys go ahead, I'll catch up," Ethel told them cracking her knucles.

"No." Sonia said, and the rest of the group nodded, "You're one of us, we fight together, we die together, remember?" She said referencing the song Ethel had sang for them, they resumed their defensive stances, and Sonia lead she charge, pushing forward with her shield.

"Don't be stupid!" Ethel grabbed Sonia's arm.
"They probably have us surrounded, if they let their arrows loose now, you will lose, just go, all of you. I'll be fine, trust me" She told her.

"Listen to your friend if the rest of you want to get out of this alive" The man stated.

"I cannot." Sonia said, "These mongrels would not beat me in a fight, must less the rest of us." She said teeth gritted, tears running down her cheeks, "I can't loose you." she said, gripping her axe and shield, determined to fight.

Ethel pulled Sonia into a hug and whispered to her.
"Sonia, if you truly love me, then that means you also trust me, well trust me, go now, and I will see you again soon." She told her.

Sonia nodded. "You all got very lucky!" She shouted, pointing her axe at the men in the trees, she started to walk away then stopped and turned, "And just so you know...." She pulled out her hand axe and threw it, flying right by one of the men in the tree line that they thought she could not see, "I can see you." she turned to Ethel, "There, now you have a reason to return, bring me back my axe." she said and strode off.

Ethel looked at the teamed walked away before looking at the men who stared her down.
"Okay, okay, I only have a few requests if you are going to kill me. The first is to wait till my group is out of earshot, don't need them hearing me die then rushing back in to try and get revenge or something. Second.." She started to talk to them as Sonia and the others quickly walked too far to hear.

Sonia and the rest of the group walked a distance away, but they waited, to see if they could in the very least hear anything.

Sonia and her party waited a far enough distance away so they could hear nothing, as Ethel was running towards them, they started running, "Why?" Sonia asked, "What did you do?"

"Because instead of letting them kill me I stalled to give you all a head start then ran" she told them, picking up their dwarf, so they could all move faster.

"Hey!" Sheldon huffed and crossed his arms as he was held, meanwhile the rest of the crew ran with Sonia.

"Are they chasing you?!" Sonia said looking over her shoulder.

"I don't know, I lost vision of them a little bit ago, I slowed down so you guys can keep up," She said turning around and running backwards at their full speed.

"Show off." Sonia said, "How far do you think we should go? If they are just human I think its safe to say we outran them by now." Sonia glanced over her shoulder and saw no one in pursuit, "Maybe we gave them the slip?"

"Fair enough." Sonia said, "Then lets keep moving for at least an hour or so, just to be sure." Sonia smiled, "You know we could have beaten them right?"

Back
Top Bottom