Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An apocalyptic romance Alisa X Kira

"What happened to the gold I gave you from the tavern? don't tell me that you all ate through that already?" Ethel asked placing hands on her hips.

"The gold you gave us from the tavern is not enough to buy passage aboard a boat." Modok said, "The reach of the omen is far, and its influence wide, we are not even close to it." he stated frankly.

"I could try and make a similar offer to the captain of the boat that I did to the bar owner, get us to passage that way" Ethel offered.

"N-n-no!" Sonia said, clearing her throat, "There is enough legitmate work in free port to make the coin we need." she was almost sweating, the thought of Ethel being with someone else besides her made her blood boil.

"We will see, for now. How about another song, this one is a little different, it's got a bit of a story behind it, let me know what you all think." She asked as she pulled out the instrument again and started to pay and sing.

Sonia was captivated by Ethels voice, so captivated she nearly tripped over a rock, in fact, if M had not been there, she would have. "Sorry, I....you're just so beautiful." She smiled, "The maiden was the tree, and she could not leave for she was the forest. Yet the man wanted her so badly he chopped her down, and she turned into a flower, forever a part of the forest." A tear rolled down her cheek, "Its beautifully tragic."

Last edited:
"No, he killed her out of his own greed, she said he could have her there but she could not leave, yet, that would not satisfy him, so out of his love turned to greed, he killed her." She smiled, having realized that she got it right.

She shook her head. "He asked her to marry him the second time, she said not near, nor far, nor soon. That second visit removed the possibility of them staying in the forest together. Thus the not near answer." Ethel replied.

"So she never loved him." Sonia said, then her eyes widened, "Wait....is that a hint?"

"That you will never love me?" Sonia asked, "Or am I just being too emotional and insecure?"

"I get it." she said, "Right, save the world, end the omen and then MAYBE we can date." she huffed, "As long as I still have a chance." Sonia said, "That's all I need."

Sonia smiled, "Then I will honor it to its fullest." she said, "Now, to Freeport!" she shouted and marched on, a song in her heart, and Ethel's first date on her mind, she now had a reason to end the omen, to end this impossible winter, and see what spring and summer looked like, to feel what something other than the warmth of a camp fire and blankets felt. "She was going to do it, and Ethel would be by her side and in her heart the entire time."

Sonia happily skipped along, "Sing us some traveling music!" She said jovially, "We have hours to go, miles to travel and endless discussions to have."

Ethel smiled and pulled out the lute as well as a few other instruments she got from the town.
"Okay okay, this one is for you little man," She said giving a wink to the dwarf before she started to sing.

"Hey!" He huffed, "Dwarves are hairy for a reason!" Everyone started laughing, "Its cold in the mountains!" he huffed, "Look at you with your cloaks and sheets, I used to sleep on a rock naked! Why why why this cold is bracing even! This is weather to run around naked in." he said.

"Do it then Sheldon, strip to your skin and prove it." Modok said.

"There's women about man!" Sheldon said.

M started making clucking noises.

"Its not decent to be naked in front of women for no reason!" He shouted.

"But you were naked around your women, or is it true that there are no female dwarves and they all just sprout from holes in the ground." Sonia chimed in.

"Its not true! Its cold up there and the women have beards too!" Sheldon shouted, which only made everyone laugh harder.

Ethel laughed.
"Hey, Why did you assume the hairy nature of the song was an insult? perhaps it was a compliment, after all, the bear leaves with the maiden in the end does he not?" She smiled.

A smile crossed his face, "HA! See even though I am hairy as a bear I still get women!" He stuck his tongue out.

"Hairy as bear and hung like cat." M said.

"Hey!" Sheldon said as he pounced on M and started to punch him in the shoulder, M just kept walking as if nothing was happening, "Hey, there fly on M?" he asked.

Sonia nearly fell over laughing, wiping tears from her eyes, Modok who had done his best to stay composed the entire time finally fell over laughing and rolling. "HUNG LIKE A CAT!" he shouted, laughing a loud boisterous laugh.

Modok got up and pryed Sheldon off M, "Hey!" He huffed, "I'm not done with him yet."

"Yes you are." Modok said.

"You know we love you Sheldon." Sonia chimed in.

His mood quickly changed as Modok put him down, "Oh I know ye didn't mean nothin by it." Sheldon said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Lets keep going." Sonia said and smiled.

Back
Top Bottom