Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An apocalyptic romance Alisa X Kira

"Then if the town guards come to take you away, I wont have a reason to stop them." she said matter of factly.

"Let's just say he fucked with me. That is all I can say" She told her as Guards did indeed show up, as the barmaid called them.
"I don't know who did it, I just came out and he was like this" She claimed, seeming terrified.

"You there, you three! You must have seen something, what happened here?" The Guard asked.

"Yep." Modok said, "Saw the whole thing and he deserved it."

"Sexual harassment is quite serious." Sonia added, "He was harassing my partner here, so it was handled." she said, not telling who did it, nor would she ever.

"Yeah well murder is a serious crime, so which one of you all did it? You Orc? let that anger get out of hand did you?" They asked seeming to assume it was Modok.

"Nah, I did it," Ethel told them bluntly.
"Oh? you did now? what do you two have to say about that?" The guards asked, both of them still eyeing Modok.

"I did it." Sonia said with a chuckle and winked at Ethel.

"Oh yeah I get it, alright Old man you are coming with us," they said walking up to Modok to grab him.
Though as they walked by Ethel seemed to secretly be casting a spell. She turned and pretended to stumble, grabbing onto one of the shoulders of the Head Guard.
"Hey don- uhh, Pardon me ma'am"
"Oh no Pardon me, sir, now certainly the death of a little thing such as an Orc doesn't seem worth all the paperwork and shoving yet another Orc in the brig. I mean Orc on Orc killing in a bar fight surely isn't even worth your time." She told him, a magical sparkle in the man's eyes.

"Oh uhh, y-yeah you are right, let's call clean up on this and call it a day. Have a nice day now ma'am" The Guard tip his helmet to Ethel and she returned a flirty wink. The other guard seeming very confused but left with that Guard.

"We should get going" Ethel looked to the others.

Modok got up without a word, "Sonia, you and Ethel start looking for Sheldon and M, I will meet you at the edge of town in an hour."

Sonia nodded, "Lets go, tell me what you did later." She said to Ethel.

"Yeah, yeah, it won't last long, so we should hurry," She told them going to the Orcs corpse and taking his gold, giving it to the barmaid.
"For your trouble" She smiled and ran out to find the others.

"You have got to teach me that." Sonia said following Ethel and giggling, "We should check the stables." Sonia said, "For some reason they always end up there, and I don't know why."

"That has some pretty disturbing implications" Ethel replied as they made their way to the stables, luckily which was at the edge of town.

"I never question it." Sonia said, "Just know that whatever goes on, they never talk about."

They came upon the stables to find the most hilarious and awkward scene, M was asleep in an empty stable, and Sheldon was quite literally cuddling with him. "Hey Ethel." Sonia whispered, "Can you conjure water? You should totally splash them."

Sonia found a bucket, got some water from it and tossed it on the two of them.

"What in the blazes, I'll kill ya, I'll skin ya alive and feed ya to the- oh! Sonia, hey there." Sheldon said rubbing the back of his neck. M simply sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Wet." he said.

"Get up you two, we are leaving town." Sonia said.

"What?" Sheldon said, "I paid that whore!" he said.

"Not that Sheldon." Sonia said, "Grab your things, we have to move." she said, "Now."

"I'm goin, I'm goin, there better be breakfast in this." he said, suddenly feeling starved.

"Run now, breakfast later." Sonia said, "Now keep up, don't make me have M carry you like a maiden in distress."

Sheldon of course, fell behind, it wasnt his fault he was a dwarf and did not even crest five feet. M ran behind him and picked him up. "Hey, I was doing just fine."

"No." M said as he ran along, "You slow."

They got to the edge of town and met Modok, he had gathered anything left behind and had a large bag that M immediately put on his shoulders out of instinct like a pack mule, "Lets go." Modok said, "They will find us soon and fighting the town guard is not something I am interested in."

"If we have to fight we will." Sonia said, "I will."

"What?" Sonia asked, "We have our things, we have our people, what are we forgetting?"

"Margaret." Sheldon said.

"M, Sheldon, she is still at the inn, go get her and meet us up the path here, we will be about an hour outside of town, hurry quickly." Modok said.

M took off towards town, Sheldon in his arms.

"We won't tell her?" Sonia said, "I mean, we will tell her, but we wont say I did it on purpose. Which I didn't! Just, you know, fleeing for our lives and all." Sonia rubbed the back of her neck nervously, "I hope they find her soon." She said.

"Forgot all about her, ready to set off, leave her behind without a second thought. My goodness, I wonder if it will break her heart and shatter that stoic armour of hers" she smirked.

Back
Top Bottom