Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An apocalyptic romance Alisa X Kira

"Listen, about last night, I really was being truthful with you, and I really did drink that potion, I....you tricked me." she said, defeated.

"Y- yeah I know, I was just showing you that the truth serum only makes you tell what you believe to be true, and not was the actual facts are. There is a difference between being honest and saying something that is true." She explained.

"I....I meant every word, it has to be true." Sonia said, stammering, "That's not how it works, that can't be how it works." Sonia was about to cry again.

Sonia huffed, "But everything I said was true, and there is nothing you can do to change that." she said resolutely "I will end this winter my self if I have to just to have you in my arms and finally hear you say those three words." Sonia now had a goal, incentive, Ethel's heart would be hers.

"Yeah yeah, If we end this winter, and up till the point where one of us dies, which let's be honest, will be me, either through violence or through age." She stated.
"Oh where is the rest of the crew, I didn't say anything last night but I have a few questions for Modok." She asked.

"Hes probably still sleeping, and who knows where M and Sheldon got off to, they probably found a prostitute or lose woman and are off somewhere around town if not in jail, they always get into trouble and Modok always had to bail them out. Which I guess now that duty would fall to me." Sonia said looking at the ring on her finger.

"Yes." Sonia said, "But Modok is getting up there in age, he knows he would only be a burden, do you mean to convince him to take up the mantle again?" She was relieved yet at the same time she was upset, she had barely been the leader of the group for 24 hours and someone already wanted to take it from her, yet at the same time, being the leader was an incredible burden and she always saw a difficult road ahead.

"Well, I wrote that when I thought you were all on this mission until the end, you know? "Strong united working till we fall" If he is going to back out because he is getting some gray hairs then it seems I need to adjust the lyrics. Perhaps strong united working until we don't anymore, hmm, not as catchy..." She paused for a moment.
"Oh and "Through the cold mist, Till we are lifeless, together" that is going to have to change too, basically the whole thing is bullshit now. Maybe I can just make your group song about quitting somehow?" she rubbed her chin.

"I get it!" Sonia said, frustrated, "I am an unfit leader, I get it." she said, "He is in the room next to mine, go talk to him yourself."

She grabbed the back of Sonia's head and pulled it down, smashing it against the bar, pretty hard, but not enough to knock her out.
"Stop being so Self-centered! this has nothing to do with you! The issue is he is quitting just because he has a few aches. Especially for an Orc that is a disgraceful act, especially since of all the wrong he did. Live by the sword and you shall die by the sword, he thinks he can just get off free? Because he did a few good acts, in the end, I'll be damned!" She growled.
"But you need to tell him, so shove your egotistical ass up itself and go tell him he isn't done till he lies cold and lifeless." She told Sonia.

Sonia drew her dagger and had it pressed against Ethel's throat in a flash, "Do that again and I will take those forty years from you right now." she hissed then slammed the tip of the dagger into the bar, kissed Ethel passionately and strode off to Modok's room. "Don't think you aren't coming with me." she said waiting for Ethel to catch up.

Sonia walked to the door of his room and gently knocked. "Modok." Sonia said, snoring was heard. "Modok you better not be sleeping naked." Sonia said as she opened the door to find the sleeping orc, relieved to see he was fully clothed, "You talk to him first." Sonia said, "I am not waking him up."

"I'll gladly wake him" She smirked and walked to the side of the bed before, in one swift motion, pushed him off the bed with her foot.
"Hey Modork, your leader needs to tell you something!" She barked at him.

"Oh I don't wanna sheer the sheep today papa, its Sunday." he said groggily. "Ethel? Sonia?" He said as he rubbed his eyes, "You know better than to wake a sleeping orc."

"Shut it you harmless old man." Sonia chuckled, "Ethel.....and myself had a little talk this morning." She took of the ring he had given her. "You aren't done here." she said, "Not by a long shot, you were the matador Modok, the most legendary Orc to wield a blade since, ever, is this where you want to be? Huh? Rotting away in some inn, fucking whores and drinking all day? Ethel! Tell him what you told me."

Ethel held her hand up.
"Nah Sonia, you still lead, he works for you now. And should I tell him about the part where the lyric of my song needs to change from. "Strong united working till we fall" and "Through the cold mist, Till we are lifeless, together"? Or do you mean the part where he is a disgrace to his Orcish ancestry? and after all of the wrong he did. That he lived by the sword and he shall die by the sword, he thinks he can just get off free? Because in the end, he did a few good acts? Hey if he wants to be a coward and a pansy, sure. Though then I guess you will have to change your song as well. Maybe add some lyrics how he turned out to be a big bitch in the end?" she rubbed her chin.

"I knew this would happen. Modok said. "Ethel is too smart and Sonia is too hard headed to just let me leave." he stood and saluted them both, "Consider me back aboard."

Sonia held out her ring, "Take it, please."

"You sure?" Modok asked, then looked at Ethel as if waiting for her approval.

"Fuck no, Sonia, that is yours. Keep it, as I said, he works for you now, you are his leader. Maybe take him as an advisor?" She suggested.

"Sound good?" Sonia asked Modok.

"I am yours to command captain." Modok replied, "So where did Sheldon and M get off to?"

Sonia shrugged, "No idea, but breakfast sounds good she said."

"I am sure they will turn up, or the town guards will eventually" Ethel shrugged.

As they all made it down to the bar, there was another half Orc sitting at the bar. Ethel stopped for a moment as she saw him.
"One moment," She told Sonia and Modok as she started to walk up behind the man.

Sonia looked at Modok and the both shrugged as they took their seats at the bar, looking at Ethel waiting for whatever was to come.

Ethel still had the dagger that Sonia stabbed into the bar earlier and took it out of her bag as she walked up beside him. He had one hand on the bar and the other he was using to drink from a glass. Looked like some whisky. She approached him and stabbed the dagger through his hand and deep into the bar.

"ARGh! What the-" The Orcish man gave a deep cry out in pain but before he could speak much more Ethel grabbed the glass from his hand and smashed it into his face. Her hand stabbed him quickly grabbing the man's orcish dagger and using it to stab his other hand to the table. All this seemed to happen in one swift motion.
He turned a little with a pissed-off look, but before he could do anything Ethel grabbed his hair with one hand and punched him in his cut-up's face several times before pushing him to the ground. His hands being sliced in half as the daggers remained in the bar.
The Orcs face was bruised bloody cut and broken now as Ethel stepped on his neck. As he finally got a look at Ethel his face went pale/
"Argh mrphtr garpbbrt" He mumbled unable to speak with his face swollen and broken.
Ethel smirked at him before pressing her weight down and twisting her foot, making a loud crack noise as his neck was broken.

After making sure he was dead Ethel stood up, grabbed both daggers, and used prestidigitation on herself and them so they would be clean. Then used mending on the bar to fix the holes. She walked up and sat beside Sonia sliding her the daggers.
"Here, enjoy"

As she did that the barmaid walked out with a plate of food.
"One large breakfast fo- Oh my gods!" She jumped as she saw the man's mutilated corpse, dropping the food in the bartop.

"Just tell me why." Sonia said, "Debt? Score to settle?" She said not bothering to look up from the commotion.

Back
Top Bottom