Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An apocalyptic romance Alisa X Kira

"No, I don't know that, they all had arrows trained on us, and I know I can't catch and dodge that many arrows. They outnumbered us ten to one. Plus I haven't seen any of you fight yet, I know you are all confident but haven't seen for myself if that confidence is warranted" She explained.

"Fair enough." Sonia said, slowing down, "I think we can stop running now."

"Finally." he said as he huffed and walked along.

Sonia laughed, "You know." she said looking at Ethel, "I do have a shield, and I would have protected you."

"Yeah? and your teammates without shields? And yourself, if your shield is blocking me, then what will block you?" She asked raising an eyebrow.
"What is wrong do you have a murder boner or something?"

Sonia looked at the ground in shame, "I just, I wanted to protect you, I love you, I would do anything for you." she was shaken by Ethel, its another reason she loved her, Ethel saw through Sonia every time, no matter, she would point out her mistakes, show her she was wrong, wasn't afraid to do so either. It made her want Ethel even more.

"You see why your obsession with me is bad, you were trying to impress me or some shit and could have gotten your real friends killed. How long have you traveled with them, do you even care?" she asked, her voice making it sound like a lecture.

"I...no." she said, "I just, I mean I, you just, I thought." a tear ran down her cheek and she took off running, Sheldon tried to grab her and stop her, he was too slow, M didn't even try, he knew he couldn't Modok grabbed her but she slipped out of it, "What did ye say?" Sheldon huffed, "You better catch her, because none of us can."

"Shes in the trees." Modok said sighing.

"Just keep headin' down the path, we may get lost but she wont lose us." Sheldon said, "What did ye say to her?" He said turning to Ethel.

"I simply explained how her obsession with me is putting the rest of you in danger. Case in point we are surrounded by archers trained on us and she wants to fight them with intent of defending me with her shield, not thinking of any of you" She explained bluntly.

"Uhhh...." Modok rubbed the back of his neck and began to chuckle, "We never run from fights, heh, that was a first time for us."

M started to laugh, and Sheldon joined them.

"Well then you are all stupid, and not as, good, as I thought. Isn't it better to spare lives than take them? Those men could only be there doing wrong to feed families for all you know, killing them all, what would that accomplish? Killing the providers for some unfortunate and maybe sick families?" She asked them.
"And no wonder most of your crew was killed, your reckless."

"They could have been followers of one of the four truths, which meant there death would have been better than their existence." Modok said plainly, "Which means they would have been in a cult, and preyed upon someone else with lesser skills and intelligence, sparing them means someone else will die. No one in our crew was ever slain by bandits, they were all killed trying to either capture or kill the wizards that worship the omen, bandits were never an issue here." Modok looked off into the distance, "Ethel, my eyes are old, can you see Sonia at all in the trees?"

"Maybe I could should I look, but you all seem confident enough in your abilities so why should we worry? Also, keep in mind I have yet to see any of you in a real battle, I have no idea what your skill level really is, all I have is your extremely biased opinions." She explained.

"What about this? Hey Sonia, a leader does not hide in trees from their own crew, don't make me start a mutiny"

"I'm not hiding." She shouted from a nearby tree, clearly trying to mask her hurt feelings, "I'm just.........scouting ahead is all."

Sonia jumped out of the tree and ran up to Ethel and stood on the exact spot that she pointed to, "Yes?" she asked a look of I want to kiss you in her eyes.

She moved a hand up and gently placed it under her chin, looking down at her. Then without warning headbutted her with a force strong enough to knock most people out.
"Get a hold of yourself! you are supposed to be leading this team to save the world, and here you are moping about a hot piece of ass that joined your team mere days ago. If I die you can't just stop, you have a mission that million, even billions of beings will be affected by! Get your fucking priorities straight!"

Sonia gritted her teeth and wiped blood that was coming out of her nose, "Lets go." she said, indifferent, angry, but cold towards Ethel. "Move!" she shouted as she started walking forward.

Ethel smiled and started to walk forward, feeling she may have finally gotten through Sonia. It was the first time she saw her not acting love dove over her.

Modok caught up to Ethel, "What did you say to her?" he asked, "What's with this deal you two made?"

"Fair enough." she said with a grunt, "Now tell me about this little promise, what exactly did you tell her that has her so highly motivated to stop the omen?"

Back
Top Bottom