Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Rock Star Life(Guitarman x BimboBrandi)

"Honey, you don't go camping out where I come from. You live right next to the woods, right on the water. You have to drive in to town to get anything." He chuckled, lightening the moment by reaching to her plate to steal a fry.

"Your neighbors lived half a mile away, you had the run of the entire property to yourself. Looking for different bugs and animals, fishing, bikes... As you got older a lot of people got into meth and coke, doing their thing out in the woods. It was just a wild place. Got even worse after Katrina hit. Small houses turned into like... Little shacks made out of scrap wood with sheets of metal on the roof."

"But I would like to go camping with you still... Only when its warm though. I'm a little bitch in the cold. Can't deal with it."

Jess giggled again

"I can't imagine that for some reason..."

She was really liking this, just being here with him, talking to him. There seemed to be so many layers to this man that nobody knew, that they never would have guessed.

"But of course we can wait for the summer, I don't really fancy going in the snow.."

She winked and then tried some of the steak, god it tasted so good..

"It seems like we grew up quite different, where I was at there was always someone around, it was finding that secret place in order to misbehave.. smoke a little weed or whatever.."

"There was usually someone around too. A lot of single parents. But usually the parents were into the same things the kids were, even supplied them at certain points. That's one of the reasons the area is as messed up as it is now. Addiction and abuse runs through the generations. No one wants to fix anything, learn from their and others mistakes. They believe that it's this grand old place and really, its just dying." He explained.

"I'm happy I got out. I never really knew my mom that well, she ran off and overdosed when I was pretty young. Dad was mainly absent. I could've done any drug that I wanted and ended up dead by now. But I picked up a guitar instead and look at where I am now. Sitting across from you in a steakhouse."

He took another bite from his steak and smiled up at her. "Once again, I am a major bummer. What else have you done with your hair before? I really like the red."

Jess shook her head, she didn't think he was a bummer, it was just a sad reality about life in that part of the world. She was glad that he had made it out, made something of himself and was doing what he loved to do, making music and entertaining people. She had to think for a moment about his question..

"quite a lot over the years.. though its been red for a while."

she took a drink to wash down some of her food before she continued

"I first dyed it when I was 14, my parents hit the roof of course. I went fully black, had a girlfriend from school do it for me and wrecked the bathroom sink, dont think they ever did get the stains out, though of course they have a different bathroom these days. I tried blonde but that didn't really suit me, I just looked pale as all hell, like I was sick. I mostly stick to funky colors, I've been blue, blue black, green, a couple different shades of purple, done pink streaks against black.. just whatever seemed cool at the time.."

She smiled, running her fingers through her locks

"I'm glad that you like it though..."

Brian happily listened to her as he finished up his steak, content to just hear the sound of her voice. This was what he was missing in his life. Just small little chats with someone that was listening, someone that gave a damn. It just felt really good, there was no other way to put it.

"Would've been awesome to see blue or purple but... The red fits you so well. I couldn't imagine you any other way. Just promise me that you'll never cut it short on me." He teased her a bit, taking another sip of his drink.

"I find a woman's hair to be one of the most attractive things about her. I don't mind short hair at all but I just find longer hair to be so much more alluring." He laughed awkwardly, figuring he'd revealed a bit too much on what was their first date.

She giggled and nodded

"Oh that I can promise.."

She took a drink, debating whether to tell him, but she figured if they were going to maybe share something special then there was no point in hiding things from him, she needed to be honest and open.

"I actually get really bad body dysmorphia around my hair. I cant cut it short or I just get really depressed and stressed out about how it looks, I feel really self conscious and just get paranoid everyone is staring at me. I've tried the whole shave one side thing that became popular, and I just couldn't do it, I loved it for the first day or so but once the whole thing of having a new hairstyle wore off I just... I cried wanting it to grow back.."

she knew where that stemmed from too, but that was too dark to talk about for a first date, hell it was too dark to talk about outside of a therapists office. She had already probably put a huge downer on things just by sharing that.

"Sorry, I know.. depressing... but I can promise I will never be sporting a mohawk or have one of those bob cuts around my chin.. you know the ones.. usually found on some Karen who is asking to see the manager.."

"No, not depressing at all really. I wanted to learn about you, right? I want to learn about everything. The good things, the bad things, the things that seem to not matter. I don't know if it makes you feel any better at all but I'll tell you again, I really like your hair."

He smiled at her, playfully kicking her foot under the table with a big grin on his face. He just wanted to see her smile again.

"But yeah, that cut is pretty indicative of Karens these days. I feel bad for all of the Karens out there that aren't, you know... Complete bitches." He laughed, placing his knife and fork down to grab gently for her hand again.

"Seriously Jess. I think you're a super cool girl. I'm really, really into you. I want to have many more dates than just this one... How would you like to be backstage during our final show, tomorrow night? And if you're still up for it we can hang out after the show."

Her, backstage at a show... that would be crazy.. she hadn't even been to a show since.. well she didn't even know how long ago it was. It had been some shitty punk band that she'd been dragged to see, it had been full of teenagers and she had been one of the oldest ones in there, she'd felt like a creep. But hanging out with Brian, being with him..

"I'd love that actually.."

he was a really cool guy and she was really enjoying getting to know him, though she was guessing that it was gonna mean she had to download the newest album, she was gonna need some cred back there right? couldn't just be there for Brian.."

"..though.. its not gonna be some crazy orgy of drugs and alcohol and testosterone back there right? I mean, I'm starting to believe that you wouldn't go for that stuff.. but your band mates.. well I don't know them.."

"Nope. First of all, I'm totally clean with the exception of an occasional beer. Second... I've been stuck with these same assholes on a bus for the last... Almost four months. When the tour finally ends, everyone wants some separation, to get away from each other for a few weeks at the very least." He laughed. He loved his band but Christ... Being cooped up with anyone for too long really took a toll on you.

Their waiter came and took his plate, noticing that he'd finished up. When she asked if they would want dessert or prefer the check, Brian looked over to Jess.

"Whatever you want, honey. Up to you."

Jess was stuffed, she couldn't have eaten another bite. Looking across at Brian she nodded

"Check please.. I'm full.."

she smiled and added

"Unless you wanted anything yourself of course, I don't mind waiting for you.."

and that was the truth, she certainly wasn't ready for the date to end, she was having such a good time. When the waiter had disappeared again she turned her attention back to Brian.

"and thank you for your reassurance, I probably would have still come anyway, I just wanted to let myself be sure of what I was getting into. If you wanted to hang around here after the show for a while I definitely wouldn't say no. It could be fun to show you around a bit.."

"No, I'm beyond full too." He really wanted this to stretch out too but there was no way he could fit anything else into his stomach. He'd eaten too much, too fast.

"I was planning to stick around for a bit. I usually rent a hotel room in the city for a day or two after tour to unwind, but I really want to get to know you... I think I'm going to have to stay around for a little bit longer than that. And I don't think I could find a better tour guide if I tried."

The waiter swung by and Brian gave her his card, happy to pay for himself and the gorgeous redhead.

"Is there anything else to do around here? If it's not too late for you, and if you're not done with me yet, I'd love to keep hanging out."

Jessica smiled, looking over at him, raising an eyebrow

"you could always come back to my place for a bit, watch a movie on Netflix.."

that sounded like a pretty good idea to her, either he could order an uber or she could order him one when they were done, and they weren't going to be interrupted by anyone there. It wasn't like she had room mates or anything that would make a scene.. plus they could both be comfortable.

"Its just a movie mind, maybe a cuddle too but that's it. Thats if you want to.."

she hoped he accepted cause she wasn't done hanging out with him either, she was having way too much fun

"..its either that or we could go for a walk in the park? up to you.."

Brian let her speak before giving her his decision but he knew what he was going for the moment she'd said it.

"The park sounds nice but do you think I'm gonna turn down a chance to cuddle? Come on." He teased as the waiter came back, handing him his card back. He thanked her and slid it back into his wallet, slowly standing from the booth. That was the one thing he didn't like telling anyone about, but it was quite obvious when you watched him for more than a few moments. His spine, especially his lower back, was fucked.

"I promise I'm not gonna try anything dumb. But I'd love to just relax with you for a little bit, chill before I get to bed. Sound good?"

As he stood, he offered his hand out to her. He'd already began missing her touch.

her hand closed around his, of course she was gonna take it. her heavy boots sounded on the floor of the restaurant.. she was curious about what was up with his back but she wasn't going to ask, he could tell her if he wanted to though.

"That definitely sounds good.. and if you need some pain relief I have some lotion you can use.."

she offered, wanting him to know that she understood. She had her own share of aches and pains from some of the things she had gone through in life, but they were more just minor annoyances. A shoulder that sometimes ached from where she had pulled it out of socket as a kid, or a stiff hip from falling awkwardly. Reaching into her bag she pulled out her keys, offering them to him

"You wanna drive?"

"That would probably be nice..." He said, grunting a bit as it took a bit of a push to stand fully straight. "Haven't gotten adjusted in a while. I was going to the chiro every week down in New Orleans. I got t-boned last year, just haven't been the same since. I'm fine though." He reassured her. He just needed a second to get started and moving.

His eyes widened a bit as she offered her keys out to him. That was a ballsy move. He couldn't see himself offering most people the keys to his Honda but this was an old school car, probably a very prized possession of hers. Still, he wasn't going to turn this down. He couldn't bitch out of this around her.

"Yeah, I'll drive. You just gotta tell me how to get back to your place for some very obvious reasons." He said as he grabbed the keys from her, still in a bit of disbelief.

Jessica chuckled

"Of course, just sometimes it's nice to be driven... You know, like a proper lady.."

She laughed a bit and then turned to him, her eyes filled with compassion as she found his

"I'm sorry about the accident, that sounds rough.."

The two of them climbed into the car together and with her help it didn't take long until they were back at her place. Of course she pointed out a few places on the way, little local places that were kinda fun.. unlocking the front door she showed him inside before smiling

"Make yourself at home, you want a drink?"

"Well, if you ever come down to Louisiana I'll drive you around wherever you want. Won't be in a car as nice as this one though." He chuckled as he slid into the driver's seat, finding the car to be more comfortable than imagined.

The ride to Jess' place was short and sweet, small talk filling what could've been silence. He was quite proud of himself as he parked the car without a scratch, being just a bit hesitant the entire time he was driving. As he'd expected, Jess had a really nice, homey place.

"A drink would be nice, sure. Thanks." He said as he sat down on her couch, sighing a bit as his back took a moment to adjust to the new position. It was better than the booth in the restaurant, that was for sure.

The house may have been homey but it wasn't your typical girls place, there was a bit of a darkness to the decor, a theme of witchcraft running through it. In truth Jessica wasn't really into practicing that kind of stuff, it just had an appeal to her as the kind of girl who loved everything goth.

Making a couple of drinks she headed back to the lounge, settling on the couch beside him and smiling

"So.. anything you feel like watching? Don't worry, I'm not the kind to make you sit through some cheesy romantic movie, unless it's 10 things I hate about you, I love that one. I'm far more into action though.. either that or some shall we say alternative comedy.."

Brian happily took the drink from her and smiled back, scooting over just a bit to be closer to her. He was promised some cuddling, wasn't he? Sure, he might have been a big time womanizer but deep down, the man was deeply romantic and did want to fall in love, and love on someone else.

"Thank god, I can't stand cheesy romantic movies. That is, unless you wanted me to pass out on your couch." He teased her a bit, tentatively reaching out and wrapping an arm around her shoulders, just like some kid on a first date in a movie theater.

"I am curious though, about what you define as alternative comedy. I watch a lot of stand up on the bus, it's a good way to pass the time. Tom Segura, Bert Kreischer, Bill Burr."

Jessica nodded

"I've seen a few shows with them for sure.. but I also like some darker humour. I'm not always in the mood for it but sometimes it's kids funny, ya know. In an 'i can't believe they just said that' kinda way.."

His arm around her felt nice and she snuggled back into him. It felt good to be held, it had been far too long, and to be held by Brian was all the more sweet, because she felt herself really clicking with him

"I totally got it. I love any kind of humor though. Feels good to laugh every once in a while. I do prefer sillier, stupider things though. I don't always want to think about a joke before I get it."

Brian smiled and pulled her in just a bit closer and tighter. He never wanted to let her go already. It too perfect, like this was exactly where he was supposed to be. Instead of looking at the TV, he looked over at Jess with a big, goofy grin on his face.

"You are too fucking pretty."

Jessica blushed at the compliment, not sure exactly what to say to that kind of thing

"Thanks... Your not so bad yourself"

Was what she came up with. In truth she wasn't really used to hearing that, not from people who seemed to mean it anyway. She knew she wasn't like other girls, she was her own person and did things her own way, but so far Brian didn't seem to mind.

"This is nice, having you here. It's weird but I am starting to feel like I have known you forever. Maybe because you are an easy man to get along with? Or perhaps I'm just special in that regard.."

"I know, right? I don't feel like I just met you last night. It feels like I've known you forever. Like... I just feel safe and happy with you. Like everything I've ever wanted is just right here next to me." He told her, still smiling as he gazed into her eyes.

"So, like... What do you see for us? Do you see us, you know... Having a future together?"

He wanted to know exactly where her head was, what he could expect from her. He thought they were on the same page but wasn't quite sure.

"I don't know..."

She confessed. God this was kind of difficult to talk about

"Like you said, we just met last night. I just know that I wanna keep spending time with you, I wanna see where this goes and to know that whatever happens it's what had to happen.."

Her gut was saying to give him a chance, he was saying all the right things to her and he seemed really good, but somewhere there was a part of her mind that reminded her that they had just met, that she had been burned before by partners that seemed nice.. and though she didn't want to tar him with the same brush, she didn't believe in that kind of thing, she still couldn't help to be a little hesitant

"Its okay to not know."

He told her with a smile, reaching over with his free hand to slowly run his fingers through the red hair that he was beginning to love so much. He wanted her to calm down a bit. He wasn't trying to pressure her into anything, he was just curious. Too curious for his own good, perhaps.

"We'll take as much time as you need, hon. I can spend as much time down here as I need to."

Brian leaned over and placed a quick kiss on the top of her head. "Promise."

Back
Top Bottom