Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the Hall of the Mountain Queen (CasualVelociraptor x Alisa_Perne)

Akari Takahashi arrives in the dead of night, and Chloe/Kalisha and Sita/Sajida make love
“I am sorry, Chloe. It’s just still a little raw, losing Gambit like this,” Kalisha sighed, rubbing the back of her head with her clockwork hand. “Spicy food like this is supposed to cleanse one of anger, sadness, and other emotional impurities. Perhaps it will do that for us, too,” she smiled. “And then, since I was the one who hurt you, I shall endeavor to help you with your airship.”

“We have plenty of spicy foods in Surabamba. Although they're more often in the form of soups or stews than steaks, I'll try this too," Sajida said. That caused Chloe and Kalisha to raise their eyebrows, wondering how their friend could possibly eat it. “Well, I can eat it. Just not digest it. Regular food is like...corn for humans? Is that right, Queen Sita? Either way, I just miss the taste of food.”

"And speaking of trying something new..." she said, then took Sita’s hand. "I am so sorry that I treated you like a pig or a womanizer, when I know you're not. The reason why I panicked, why I got mad at you...why I'm afraid to love again is because I pledged myself to a man named Vivaan Dhawan seven years ago. When we got married in June of 1886 and he went off to war in the Surabamba Rebellion, I...cheated on him by kissing Alice and Abigail, who I was sheltering from a storm, and from the rebel army. Who, later, saved me from my...you know.”

Rape. She still couldn’t say it. But Chloe and Kalisha hugged her nonetheless as she sighed deep and continued, “And then I learned he’d died earlier at the Battle of Sanctuary Trench, and with Alice and Abigail gone, you feeling more like a mother to me, Sita, my village gone, and the wider world likely to hate and fear me, I didn’t know who I could turn to.”

After that heavy revelation on the part of the normally acerbic, perpetually cold skinned and hearted young Bamban fisherwoman, lunch proceeded rather awkwardly. Once they finished and cleaned up, however, more natural, small conversations ensued: one between Chloe and Kalisha, the other between the undead women. The two humans talked about how best to utilize Gambit’s clockwork, discussed the power that Kalisha used to command the very lightning and storms, and ruminated on the nature of the curse, while Sita supported a frustrated and lonely Sajida.

Both duos naturally became attracted to each other and joined together in pleasure. Chloe bashfully asked her fellow engineer if she might trouble Kalisha for a kiss, and got a whole lot more, which was very effective in helping Kalisha start to work through her grief and for Chloe to feel truly sexy, and appreciated for it, unlike what happened with Sajida. Meanwhile, Sajida tied Sita’s arms and legs to the bed and impaled herself repeatedly on her long stake, just wanting to release some stress. But also, after all, who else would understand what it was like to be a vampire like Sita, or teach her how to fuck and bite and groan like one without the possibility of either of them getting hurt? Even though Sita had still sealed her to this fate, and this didn’t mean love, she was slowly losing her resentment...

Before long, it was night time now, and even though the vampires didn’t technically need to sleep, they enjoyed the ritual, sweaty and exhausted after finally doing the deed correctly. The tiny, fiery pilot also being the strong, taller rancher’s little spoon, Chloe’s delicate pale skin set aflame by Kalisha’s warm, ochre arms, legs and abdomen. She’d never had anyone care for her like this, even if she had to suppress any delusions about true love emerging from this night.

But an anomaly was about to arrive that would change everything, in the form of a thief named Akari Takahashi. She was exactly the kind of crafty woman who could find a castle that had been hidden for centuries at the top of a storm-ravaged mountain, and pockets of shadow to slink through in the ancient cracks once the lock on the door was picked. She pressed herself hard up against walls, dug into weaknesses in ceilings, curled around doorframes as her body turned to liquid shadow and flowed as such.

Her employers had paid her a lot of money upfront to steal the glass case that contained the hair of their hated enemy, Alice Guthrie, while promising more upon delivery. All they’d been able to tell her was the approximate coordinates of her last sighting in Surabamba in 1886, and that she’d clearly been spotted on the train home to Caledoria with shorter hair. Why they wanted it wasn’t clear to Akari, but although she had a pet theory that it would be sold in some shady auction to an audience of perverts, the Gudarian thief wasn’t one to ask questions.

At least, not to her employer’s face. She’d done some digging, and when it turned out that the people who hired her were even more unsavory characters than her usual clientele, she became furious with them and sold the information back to another interested party, who wanted to trap her first employer and safeguard the hair. It helped that they were willing to pay double. Classic double agent stuff, that the 19-year-old was all too familiar with after years of hard living on the road. Again, though, she wasn’t sure why someone’s hair was important, famous or not...

Until she observed that it radiated Darkness, just as she did. Ah, now that made sense. Alice’s hair had become a powerful artifact, and it was up to Akari to make sure that it didn’t fall into the wrong hands. Those of her first employer.

And so, Akari quietly and methodically began her work, fiddling with a set of lockpicks to gently lift up the tumblers of the lock that connected to the chain that in turn held it on the wall where the glass-pressed hair had stood for seven years.

Last edited:
Sita never slept, even when her eyes were closed, she had taught herself how to pay attention to all of her other senses even when at rest, she had long heard the click of the tumblers on the lock that was picked on her front door, and she heard the tumblers move on the lock that sealed the case of Alice's hair, while Sita was unaware why a thief was trying to steal the hair, she was aware someone was trying to steal it, and that someone was very quiet. "Sajida." She whispered and gently shook the woman, "Check on the girls, we have an unwanted guest."

Sita draped herself with a nearby silken black robe, a be befitting for the queen of the mountain and this moment, she walked into the hallway and sniffed, "I can smell you thief." she said as her eyes glowed a hungry crimson, standing out in the dark hallway, "You can stop now, and your death will be swift. Refuse and I will take days to slowly drain every ounce of blood in your body, I will rip the flesh from your bones and eat it, and your last sight will be your own heart as I rip it out of your chest." She had not spotted the thief yet but if she got closer she would sense her, "I am Sita, and this is my mountain, and you are my dinner." she smiled a fanged smile and kept walking closer, slowly, like a cat creeping up on a mouse, every muscle in her body trained and honed, loaded like springs, ready to pounce, and Sita could leap far.

Sajida and shook the other girls awake, directing Chloe to lock the door to the bedroom while she and Kalisha flanked either side of Sita and prepared to confront the intruder. Akari, meanwhile, said nothing, preferring to quietly skulk in the shadows and take aim with the autocross in her left hand, keeping the Siphon of the First Shades in her right hand concealed up her sleeve for now.

What she didn’t count on, however, was Kalisha’s arm crackling with electricity as she talked in Old Dwarvish. She then threw the lightning right where Akari was, along with some wind as thunder rumbled through the castle, illuminating the thief’s slender body for a moment. In an instant, Akari reacted, blocking the lightning with the power of the ancient dagger since she couldn’t dodge or melt into the floor in time. Without the Darkness, she would have been electrocuted instantly, but even with the Siphon Akari was still rooted to the spot by thousands of volts, and she groaned and convulsed in pain.

“Thanks for cooking my meal, Kali,” Sajida hissed, then lunged at her prey, whose eyes glowed purple as she shot a bolt of pure Darkness through the young vampire’s left shoulder that pinned her to the wall. She then did the same to Sita’s right shoulder and Kalisha’s clockwork arm, nailing the two of them on either side of Sajida. None of them would be seriously injured by the bolts, but they became the focal points of a leaden cosmic weight that kept them pinned in place.

Just as Akari was about to remove the glass case and make off with Alice’s hair, however, the Darkness radiating off of it and her own anger at this stranger hurting her friends triggered something primal in Chloe. Soon, her eldritch form was revealed, and she walked across the room on tendrils of red-tinged black hair while wielding her weapons: a magnetic folding axe and a super scattergun with a meat hook on the bottom attached by a length of chain. As she laughed maniacally in front of her friends, Kalisha gulped, Sajida lost what little color was in her face as her vampiric curse revolted in the presence of Darkness, and Sita would finally learn what Chloe had been so afraid to let out.

“I’ll be taking that,” Chloe hissed as her meat hook grabbed the autocross out of Akari’s hand, making it clatter to the floor while the Gudarian was still temporarily paralyzed. “You think The Darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, while I am a Destroyer: born in it, molded by it, honed as vengeance itself in its image. We three are the ultimate power in the multiverse, and the shadows betray you, because they belong to ME!”

With that, she roared, threw her axe and dashed across the room with inhuman speed. Akari deflected it with the Siphon once she got feeling back in her hands, but the axe whirled back into Chloe’s left hand, after which the monster that was once was an innocent pilot lunged, attempting to fire her gun after the axe clashed with the Siphon. Suddenly, the autocross materialized back in Akari’s free hand, and the sound and fury of both weapons firing at each other and knocking each other’s shots away rocked the very foundations of the castle itself.

Both women melted into the floor, fighting each other in the Void, in midair, on top of the ceiling, and inside many of the walls, which sustained gaping holes from the cosmic force of their conflict. Two Darkness users clashing was a sight to behold.

An hour later, both women collapsed on the floor in a deep exhaustion, both of their powers dissipated for the time being, their clothes ripped to expose more of their midriffs and cleavages, and their weapons strewn beside them.

Akari panted, “Y-You’re Chloe Rose Guthrie, aren’t you? Alice’s sister?”

“Yeah,” Chloe swallowed. “How did you know? And where did you get the Siphon?”

“That doesn’t matter right now,” Akari said. “All you need to know is, I was sent by an organization of freedom fighters called the Shadow Accord to steal Alice’s hair and keep it safe.”

“Who?”

“I promise I’ll explain later. Anyway, powerful people working with and inside the Ananki Confederation and Olsea Kingdom started this war to annihilate humanity, and they are stealing and kidnapping anything and anyone having to do with The Darkness to further that end. We don’t know why, or how, but we have to keep you safe, get you out of here if we can, before they find you,” Akari said.

“I need to repair my airship and find Alice and Edward,” Chloe explained. “Then, nobody will be able to touch us.”

“I and my employers will help you finish that as soon as possible,” Akari declared.

“First, let my friends go.”

Akari nodded and snapped her fingers, after which the bolts dissolved into the night and all three of their victims collapsed on the floor. The vampires rapidly healed from their injuries, while Kalisha’s clockwork arm remained damaged, but was not beyond a simple repair.

“Still hurts! You’ll pay for your insolence in blood, bitch,” Sajida whinged, but Kalisha reached out her organic hand to steady her hot-headed friend.

“Akari Takahashi. I hail from Gudaria, far to the east,” Akari now said through her mask and bowed. “A pleasure to meet you, even if my introduction was...less than ideal. And you are?”

“Kalisha Haroun of...Jogadunda and Sudavadir,” Kalisha said as she thought about how to address her mixed heritage. “And miss grouchy over here is Sajida Dhawan, from Bamba.” At that, Sajida stuck her tongue out to brat at Akari, whose eyes instead turned to the other vampire.

Last edited:
"She is perfectly safe here." Sita said, calm, even though she should be angry, "I cannot let you take that." Sita said snatching the hair from the girl. "I am Sita, this is my home and you are still trespassing, good intentions or not." She took a step towards Akari and looked down, the dagger whispered to her, it called out to her. "What is that you have there?" she asked, reaching for the dagger almost in a trance, her eyes glowed a pale green, a color none of the girls had ever seen her eyes turn before, something swirled within them and she reached for the dagger once more, attempting to grab it, it was almost as if the void called to her, almost as if death herself lurked within the black blade and it said her name. "Siiiiiitaaaaaaa." it hissed in her head.

Chloe was a little upset that Sita didn’t seem to want her to leave and find Alice when she’d clearly shown that she could handle herself, but said nothing. She was starting to like the tall, matronly vampire, it was true, but wouldn’t she be safest by her sister’s side? That had been true all her life; why would that fact change now?

Meanwhile, Akari shoved Sita’s hand away before the angry blade could taste her blood. “Are you trying to get yourself killed?” the thief demanded. “This is the Siphon of the First Shades. It’s what those first gifted with the power of the Darkness 12,000 years ago used to channel the anger of the very Void itself. It wounds most like a normal dagger, but kills those like yourself afflicted with the Shtragoi Curse with a single touch on the blade- permanently.” Then it disappeared, along with her autocross, only available to be used when Akari needed it; but not before flashing her name on the side of the blade.

Sita shook her head, as if almost coming out of a trance, "The what now?" she asked, "It does not seem dangerous to me, it called my name, as if asking me to grasp it." she was curious, "Show me it again." she demanded, "I want to see this blade that can do harm to me, I doubt it can." her pride was swelling, "No blade nor bullet nor device created by man can harm me, neither can that black steel blade." She said crossing her arms, "Probably some petty parlor trick." she dropped to her knees, "Show me again, please? I just want to touch it."

“Grasp the handle if you must, as that will not kill you, but I’m warning you now,” Akari growled from a heaving chest, her mouth moving beneath a mask that concealed most of her face other than her deep brown eyes. “You. Will. Regret it.”

"How?" Sita asked, entranced by the blade still, "Must not be too bad, you aren't stopping me, and no one else is either so, cant be too horrible. Now, if you have nothing else to say, hand it over." She turned to Sajida, "Sajida, darling, if she tries anything, kill her."

Chloe trembled as she looked at the blade. “A-are you sure about this?” she wondered. “When I was fighting Akari, she nearly killed me several times with that thing, and I’m...whatever the other me said I was.” Also known as one of the most powerful Darkness users in existence.

“I’m with Chloe on this one,” Kalisha said.

Sajida ignored them both, wrapped her hand across Akari’s throat with her fangs over the pretty girl’s jugular and carotid arteries, and watched as Akari reluctantly rematerialized the Siphon and loosened her grip on the handle.

Last edited:
Sita reached out and grabbed the blade by the hilt. "See?" she said holding it up, "Harmless." staring at it, her eyes turned the green color again and her hand blackened, she was frozen, in a trance, as a shadow crept down her arm, her mouth agape, she wanted to cry out in pain, but she was afraid to say a word, fear overtook her as the shadow slowly crept down her arm, she stood there, frozen, mouth agape.

Akari teleported the weapon to her hand just before the shadows could consume Sita. What Akari would never reveal was that the only way to safely wield the weapon was if it was plunged into the heart of the current wielder before the holder was devoured; this she had done in a desperate attempt to escape him, and then the Darkness had taken hold of heart and was bound to her until death.

“Let that be a lesson to you, 愚かな女性,” Akari said as she saw a deep burn on Sita’s hand that wouldn’t heal on its own. It meant “stupid woman” in Gudarian.

Last edited:
Sita was still paralyzed with fear, she stared at her hand, the markings on it, waiting for it to heal, "It wont go away!" she shouted and shook her hand, "It wont go away! Its not healing!" she cried, "My perfect skin! My beautiful flawless skin!" She began to cry, hopeless, helpless.

“I warned you, but did you listen?” Akari grunted in frustration.

Sajida kicked her to the floor, and then slapped a pair of whalebone cuffs on her hands that neutralized the thief’s powers, before growling, “If I find out you did that on purpose, you’re dead.”

“I’d like to see you try,” Akari snarled back.

“Go ahead, be smart like that again to my face and see what happens. Be my guest,” Sajida said, baring her fangs.

“ENOUGH!” Kalisha boomed with the sound of thunder as her eyes glowed white. White people sometimes, she thought to herself in exasperation. “Sajida, just take our guest to the stables to stay the night and cool yourself off, got it?”

“Now let’s focus on healing your hand, okay, Sita?” Chloe asked, trying to defuse the situation, even though she was frustrated at Sita taking unnecessary risks like this.

"It won't go away!" Sita said in frustration looking down at the burn mark, "I didn't...what even?" she stammered, "I watched myself do it, I didn't even know why, but it was like I was outside of my own body watching myself, I screamed at myself not to do it but I didn't listen. It was like the dagger had some sort of control over me. I watched the whole thing happen, a shadow almost swallowed me and I felt something I have yet to feel in a good century or so." she hesitated and swallowed. "Terror."

“I don’t know what caused your burn, but I do know how to treat some burns at least,” Chloe said, bitterly remembering treatments the nurses and even some of the more verbal patients at the asylum had given her for some smaller burns inflicted by the quack doctors at the asylum to try to deter “silly” behaviors. There was always a chance that the magical nature of the burn meant that it couldn’t be treated by anything other than magic potions, but she had to try something! “Kalisha, let’s draw her a bath- a cold one.”

Kalisha nodded and complied. She wanted to involve Sajida, but that angry woman was being much too energetic and in her head right now, which she knew would get Sita amped up too. Besides, Sajida was watching the prisoner. (Even though Kalisha wanted to free Akari and give her a chance to prove her story was true, right now- after the Gudarian had, admittedly, tried to steal from and then fought them- was not the time to pick that fight.)

“Alright, now immerse your hand in the cold water for twenty minutes,” Chloe said.

“I’ll go look for, perhaps, some honey or aloe vera. Maybe even some mud if there isn’t anything else around,” Kalisha said, then explained that was how she treated sunburn on her animals and scoured the castle looking for the healing materials. That left Sita alone with the innocent pilot.

"Chloe." Sita said "Come here, tell me what you did back there, I swear I saw you and the prisoner turn into these shadow creatures and fight." she looked at her hand, "It sort of looked like the same thing that was trying to consume me, what is it?" she asked, "I pride myself on loving to play with the things that go bump in the night but this, I felt fear, I fear nothing but I felt a presence like nothing I have never seen or felt before and I have to know more." she looked Chloe up and down, "I sense it now." Sita said, "My attraction to you is because of your sister, she had something similar going on with her, which explains why I wanted to protect her hair so much, not just because I loved her but because part of her was really in that hair." Sita swallowed, "Is she innocent? The girl that is, are we wrong to hold her prisoner? Was she telling the truth?"

This again, Chloe sighed. Either Lady Sita is more boobs than brains, because I feel like she would have learned this already from Alice, or she just really wants me to say my secrets out loud for some strange reason. And of course she decides to bring up Alice again. Now Sita had confirmed Chloe's status as a placeholder for her own sister; she might as well be back in a straitjacket at the asylum. Alice this, Alice that, Alice on a tour of the world and Alice on my goddamn toast, she added internally, that last phrase a piece of Caledorian slang she'd picked up.

"I...what happened back there, I was only partially present for, mentally that is," Chloe said as she gently scrubbed the burnt skin with whale oil soap she found on the edge of the tub to loosen the tightened dermis while Kalisha continued to look for products that would heal her better. "I don't know why, or how, or wherefore, but I've fucking got The Darkness. Have since I can remember. It's a force that bursts out of me when I get angry. And I thought Akari was going to hurt you so I, I just...I lost control. Like I warned you about. I don't know if Akari's telling the truth about why she wanted to take my sister's freaking hair, and none of us who are cursed are innocent, but I think it is wrong of us to hold her prisoner if she says she poses no further threat to us. And if she turns against us, well...until I find Alice and Edward, you're the only family I've got and I'm not letting anything happen to you. Even if you're all very silly people with petty dramas. And even I have to lose control again to protect all your behinds."

"Then we should release her?" Sita said, "I trust your judgement Chloe." Sita said sincerely and then she leaned forward and kissed Chloe, "Thank you." she whispered, pulling away, "I wish no harm to come to you either, you guy are like my family as well and I would as soon have my head on a pike than have any danger come to your doorstep." Sita thought for a second, "Question, since war is going to be on our doorstep soon enough, do you think the girl would fight with us? She seems to have some skill and we can use all the help we can get, considering there will be an army headed our way and where as, well we are few. What do you think Chloe?"

"Well...I'm inclined to, but maybe not right away," Chloe said through her fingers as she touched her lips while feeling the buzz of the stolen kiss. She'd always been called the soft-headed one of the family by her father, but she'd learned more than a few things- not just from Alice, who taught her a lot about Caledoria's history (a very martial one as it turned out) but from her own reading, mainly of discarded library books. She pulled one of them out of her knapsack now, a paperback with frayed edges, a broken spine, and worn bindings entitled The Great Histories.

“I’ve had this since I was five. I used it to teach myself to read- not exactly an easy introduction to the written word, but I had a little hole in the wall of my room where I could sneak off to read whenever I wanted to be alone. Anyway, as you can see, the entry I dogeared and wrote hearts on the most was the one for the year 850 After Caledoria, 1,043 years ago, at the beginning of the chapter on The Age of Wind. Read it, without getting it wet, please.”

It showed a drawing of Thorfinna Klakkrdottir, Crown Princess of Caledoria, sporting red hair and wearing an equally crimson-colored wedding dress. And across from her was Prince Zaidaan el-Aziz, then Prince and future Sultan of Midvadir, garbed in all the fineries that entailed.

“When Midvadirian traders established contact with Caledoria, we called ourselves an Empire but were still living in stone huts with wattle and daub roofing. We were a people full of fire in our blood to survive the harsh cold and deservedly or not known for our temper as a result. Zaidaan found Thorfinna handing baskets of fish to the poor by Radiant Harbor, and for her bride price he sent a thousand tons of gold- money that helped her and Caledoria worry less about food and free themselves to learn, to grow, to discover new lands.

“Legend has it that when the two of them consummated their marriage, the whole world felt a wave of love wash over them that stopped all fighting for the rest of that day. Zaidaan toured with her all over the world for a year, which she catalogued in her journal with great excitement. And then she helped design the Great Aziz Temple among many other engineering feats, which became the Thorfinna Mausoleum when she died of black fever before it was completed. She is still entombed there to this day, surrounded by mournful statues of Zaidaan, his five other wives, his three children with Thorfinna, and his seven other children."

Chloe was becoming aware even as she was talking that this story might not seem like it had a point, so she concentrated all her mental energy to find the point that was slowly slipping through the folds of her gray matter. Upon retrieving it, she added:

"I tell you this story, because in 852, while returning from the tour, a nameless soldier claiming to be a spy for a rebellion brewing against the Sultan in revenge for him taking a 'demoness' bride entered their tent and warned them of an attack that would happen once they returned to the capital of Madieca. So Thofinna and Zaidaan held him or her for a day and a half before successfully luring the enemy forces into open battle when they went looking for their soldier, whereupon he was proven right and the two of them and their security detail decimated the attackers from an advantageous ridge above the desert.

"So, my friend, we'll do the same thing here. When Akari doesn't report back to whichever group of people she actually works for, they'll come looking for her- and Alice's hair- themselves. We will then figure out whether she's lying, and if anyone attacks us we'll either have the advantage in the fight, or we can flee in The Leaky Bucket. Does that sound like a plan?"

Last edited:
Sita nodded, "Sounds excellent, and a bloody brilliant plan." She ran a hand across Chloe's chin and gazed into her eyes as Sita's glowed a hot pink with desire, "Tell me for about Thorfinna, I wish to know more of her deeds, she sounded like a beautiful person full of love and life, with brains to boot, I wish to know more, let me make you a deal?" she smiled, "You tell me as much as you know about this woman, and I will tell you the story of my first love and how I became cursed on this mountain." Sita was positively enamored by the tale of Thorfinna, a woman who seemingly changed an entire civilization with her heroics.

“Really? You think it’s brilliant?” Chloe wondered, rubbing the back of her head with her free hand as she continued to rub dead, flaking skin off of Sita’s burnt hand with the other. However, she did so more in smaller, gentler circles now that there was less burnt skin so the regrowing layer underneath was sensitive and healing, and to experience the sensation of touching another. No one other than Alice had called her brilliant before, and even then that was sparing.

“A-Anyway,” she gulped, “I could probably talk your head off about Thorfinna for hours, since she’s my heroine.” And totally not my first lesbian crush, she thought to herself. Nope, no sir! “I have a story in mind, but since I already told you one about Thorfinna, would you mind telling me something about your first love?”

Last edited:
"She was the most beautiful, most human woman I have ever met." Sita said with a smile, and still after all of these years a hint of sadness in her voice. "She came here out of curiosity, not seeking me out, not quite knowing what was waiting for her. She only knew two things, there was a castle, and no one dared to venture here. Naturally, when she arrived at my door, my instinct was to drain her of her life blood and toss her off my mountain like I usually did with mortals that got near, I let their corpses be a grim reminder that no one should ever come up here." She tightened her jaw in an effort not to cry, "But when I threw open my door, fangs bared, eyes glowing a hungry crimson, ready to tear out her throat and drink her blood, she was already crying, not from fear of me, but, from fear of something else, I let her inside, she hid in the very bedroom you are sleeping in for several days before finally coming down."

A tear ran down her cheek, a true tear, Sita smiled as a streak of crimson ran down her face, "She told me everything, she was to wed someone she did not love, so I offered to marry her so she could not be claimed by a man she did not love. At first it was simply out of a need to prevent her from falling to a fate she did not want, then it grew. It turned to love, we watched suns set, moons rise, we did everything together, there was not a moment where we were not in each others company. She even wanted me to turn her so our hearts could beat together as one forever." Another streak of crimson ran down her other cheek, "Forever never came, instead the mortals came."

Just as the last time she told this story, a snap of her fingers, made an Autocorder play this song for all in the castle to hear, "They came with their powder rifles, and their blades, and their fire, and they came with their witch." she hissed, "They tried to take her from me, when I came out of my door to confront them, at the ready to tear them all limb from limb, they simply pleaded to have the girl back, and no harm would come to me. I laughed, as if a pistol or a sword could do more than irritate me. I shouted to them that I would not be moved, and they would not get past me. So we fought, I killed them by the dozens, they were a small army, I was but one, but the witch, the witch had told them a secret long forgotten. A blade, laced with the blood of a dead man is like a paralyzing agent to a vampire, I was cut with a blade laced with just that. It felled me instantly and I laid on the rocks watching them dragging my love from my castle, unable to move, unable to speak, unable to scream. She fought, in all the ways I taught her, she gouged eyes, she bit them, she kicked. They got angry and killed her, slit her throat right in front of me and dragged her corpse off the mountain and left me there, three days I laid on the ground." she looked down as another streak of crimson ran down her face.

Last edited:
Chloe reveals uncomfortable truths about Sita's past
Chloe just sat back, dried her hand off as she finished removing all the burnt skin and saw Sita heal completely from the dagger-inflicted wound, and listened with a rapt intensity that she had never experienced before as Sita's story of her lost beloved. The genuine emotion the vampire displayed upon uttering it totally captivated her.

However, she had a gnawing feeling at the back of her mind that she'd heard at least some of it before, and to confirm this, she began thumbing through The Great Histories for at least the thousandth time. With that, Chloe tapped her finger on the correct page in the chapter for the 17th century that touched on the Klandethan People's Revolution and exclaimed, "There we are!"

With that, Chloe said, "I knew your name sounded familiar, Sita," pointing out an artist's representation of her in 1632, when she was still Queen of Klandethan, and before she was overthrown and her vampiric heritage had drained all the melanin out of her skin. "I don't know who this witch is, but you must be Queen Sita Baniya the First! And this does mention a 'friend'"- she then gave air quotes around that, as most historical texts out there did not even imply that homosexual relations were a thing- "who died fighting by your side at the climactic Battle of Mt. Klandethan. Her name is...Leela Rajkarnikar. Is that right?!" She then also tapped the drawing of Sita's human beloved. "That's fascinating!"

"And your statement about the blood of a dead man being a paralytic...I think I know why the Siphon of the First Shades hurt you, or any other Darkness artifact could. From what little research I've been able to do on it, with what copies of forbidden books I have unfortunately lost in the storm, I managed to glean that the Void and the Darkness energy that resulted from its formation was a kind of autonomic response by the energies connecting this world to the Dreamscape and other dimensions to the colossal amount of death spread through Emada and the rest of the Matter Realm when demonic forces from the Nether Realm attempted to invade it for reasons unknown. It would appear that this primordial anger is fatally opposed to those who resist death through means of undeath, such as vampires."

Chloe gulped at that, a little nervous that perhaps she had touched a nerve by naming Sita's lover. She especially didn't want to elaborate that vampires had come to be by drinking the blood of their victims to communicate with demonic Overlords and the Nether itself.

Last edited:
"You know nothing! That Sita no longer exists, only darkness....." The took the book from the girl and threw it into the tub of freshly drawn water, "AND PAIN!" she shouted and stormed out of the room, grinding her teeth, biting her lip, blood running down her chin. She stormed off up the stairs, up the long winding stairway in the tower to the roof, she walked outside and shouted at the storm, nothing intelligible, just screamed at it, the wind and rain battered her body but she was un moved. She was angry, she had been vulnerable again, and instead of comforting her Chloe had chose to remind her of who she used to be, she dared to say her lovers name. "Leela." she whispered. She set her gaze on the village below, in a fit of rage she jumped from the castle to the muddy ground below. She strode off towards the path that would lead her down the mountain, she wasn't thinking clear, and when she was angry, she was forgetful. She started down the path, but did not get far an unseen force threw her back against the castle wall, she impacted it with a dull thud, cracking her skull open.

She stood and strode off towards the path again, and again the force tossed her back to the wall, like a child tossing a toy she flew backwards and her skull impacted on the wall again, she stood, wounds healing and shouted at the storm, at the curse again, she took off at a run towards the path, and again, the same force ever present threw her backwards against the castle wall, crack! again her skull impacting against the stone, same spot, the stone was chipping and the rock was beginning to crack, blood ran down the back of her neck and the stone from its impact. Once more Sita strode off towards the path, and once more she was thrown back against the stone wall, and once more did her skull impact upon it. She could do this for hours, and she would continue on like this for as long as the rage seethed within her.

As Sita yelled at her and threw her most prized possession (the last link to her dead mother) into the water, Chloe burst into tears and wailed, "NononononononNOOOO!" while fishing out the water-logged book. But it was too late; twenty-three years of aging that made the paper very brittle, so the water picked many of the pages apart, and those that remained intact polluted the water with weakly adhering ink that slipped through her fingers. Then she slumped her head over the edge of the tub and sobbed more quietly, in a long drawn out cry of "Whyyyyyy?!"

Before her anger could consume her and she could unleash her inner demons to destroy Sita, Kalisha came to the bathroom with a metal bottle full of aloe vera. She hadn't heard much over the deafening music coming from the strange contraption that said Autocorder on it, but she saw Chloe's chest quivering with indescribable pain, and embraced her from behind with an arm around her stomach before giving the kinds of reassuring caresses to the redhead's drooping face that Chloe wished that Alice was still here to give.

Meanwhile, Sajida heard Sita's pained roars and, after threatening their guest with death should she try to escape, left Akari alone in the stables, while the thief's hands were cuffed behind her back and around a barn post. She then rushed to Sita and also embraced her, but more to prevent her from hurting herself over and over to no benefit. Being a fellow vampire herself, Sajida

Then Sajida growled, "If you won't stop acting like a child, then you will be punished like one!" and then threw Sita over her knees, flipped up her dress, and spanked her pale bottom over her panties with her cold, hard hand a dozen times, so hard that the children of the Klandethani terrace farming village of Bakhara Ghalun 30,000 feet below heard it, awoke from their beds, and trembled in terror at what manner of monster of their mythologies must have made that noise.

Then Sajida laid her down on the wet ground, panting heavily from anger that soon dissipated as she saw how sad Sita was. "W-will you tell me what's wrong now, my Lady? Despite all your stubbornness, and your silliness, and your immaturity, I have feelings for you for some reason. So just stop acting so inscrutable! I want to help you...so let me."

Back
Top Bottom