Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

The woman had no sword on her, not even a sheath, perhaps she had lost it long ago. “I-I’m not!” She argued back, fangs glinting with blood; there was no denying what she was, it was clear as day. “I-I wasn’t...” She looked to her bloodied hands and gnashed her teeth, more tears spilling down her cheeks. “He did something to me..! He turned me into one of them!”

Her shoulders slumped a bit, and she lowered her head. “Nana.” She said quietly. “My name is Nana.”

Nana didn’t know how, but this man- no, this demon -looked almost entirely human. Even the man who had turned her into a demon didn’t look entirely human, but maybe he didn’t want to. Nana wiped the blood onto her pants before taking Motochika’s hand, standing with his help. “Where are you taking me?”

What else did she have to do? She could never return to what remained of the demon slayers, now stuck living the life of a demon. She followed Motochika silently, allowing him to lead her to his home.

It really was a dingy little shack, the roof falling off and apart as well as the walls that held the place up. "This is less suspicious for now. Don't feel right taking a home from a hard workin' human."

It was barely better than just sleeping out in the open, but Nana wasn’t going to complain. “Why are you helping me..?” She asked, trying to wipe away the rest of the blood on her face.

“Because I’m-” She had to stop herself, face flushing with embarrassment at the words she almost just spoke aloud. “I thought demons were mostly solitary.” She said.

Nana shook her head, this just didn’t make sense, demons weren’t this kind, they weren’t like this at all. “I don’t want to kill humans..” She looked up at him, the massive wall of a man. “Is there anyway I don’t have to do that..?”

Nana didn’t want either, but she wanted to go on a rampage less than eating every so often to live, but did she deserve to live at all? She felt guilt for killing already, but she had to avenge her friends, or at least try. “The demon who turned me.. would you know who he is- if I could describe him, would you know him?”

She nodded, starting her explanation to try and find out who it was who upended her entire life. “He had long hair- brown with bits of deep blue in it, sharp eyes that were blue like the sky, and he was pretty lean.. but he wasn’t small.”

Motochika almost choked. Date changed her? For fun? For some sick joke? "Did he," he cleared his throat, "what was he doing before he changed you?"

She clenched her fists and gnashed her teeth, fighting tears again. “Killing my friends.” She said through her teeth. “He turned others, too. I don’t know if they lived or not, I ran once his eyes were off me.”

“I want to find him!” She said, anger clear in her voice. “He slaughtered my friends, turned us- he deserves to die!”

Nana was aware of that, painfully aware, but there had to be something that could be done, couldn’t there? “Then help me kill him!” She pleaded, moving a bit closer. “You’re strong, you would be able to fight him!”

She was shocked, absolutely stunned, so much so it took her a moment to speak again. “Why?” She finally managed to ask. “Why would you help me like this?”

Back
Top Bottom