Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Megohime enjoyed spending time with Kojurou, even if he wasn’t there by choice like she was. She would listen to him talk about the plants in the garden, and when they went into town she would walk close to him, hair and face wrapped up so she wouldn’t be recognized.

He was far too kind to her. If she became uncomfortable in public, he would escourt her away to let her relax. He was an amazing cook as well, spending meal times with her if she allowed him. It was nice. Though Masamune didn't seem to like it.

Megohime hardly saw hide nor hair of Masamune in the short time she was within his home, but Kojurou told her she was still around. She had no choice to believe him, not that she cared much, for she still had her life.

They were sharing a meal together when she heard footsteps approaching the room.
"Kojurou." Masamune opened the door and Kojurou set his food down to bow.
"Hai, Masamune-sama."
"I'm hungry. Go bring me something to eat." Masamune ordered. Kojurou felt his blood run cold.
"I...perhaps you could send Tsunamoto...? I don't wish to leave Megohi-"
"I will watch her. Go." Masamune commanded. Kojurou fought the trembling in his body.
"Hai..." He muttered and stood, turning to Megohime and bowing softly, "Forgive me...I'll return soon.."

Megohime set her chopsticks aside and nodded watching the mortified Kojurou leave her with Masamune. She looked to him, seeing his appearance clearly for the first time since he had taken her into his home. “I was almost sure you’d forgotten about me..” She said, almost jokingly.

Megohime shook her head, a slight smile playing on her lips- was she amused? “You’ve given me a bed to sleep in and food to eat, I am most grateful.” She said, giving a small bow of her head.

She felt her face flush hot under his gaze, forcing her to avert her gaze from his face. “A human like me..?” She asked softly. “Do you mean what I’m capable of doing? Reading futures?” He had sharp features, but he was far from ugly, rather the opposite.

“So.. there aren’t others like me..?” Her parents words rang in her ears- “Freak.” So she really was all alone? She was some kind of abnormality?

Megohime felt a pang of sadness in her chest, and she looked back up at Masamune. “I’m sorry.. did you know them well..?”

Megohime nodded quietly, able to clearly tell the topic was a tender one- strange, even a demon held feelings, even if not for the reasons she wanted to believe. “Will you... turn me into a demon..?” She couldn’t get the thought out of her head, not since she had spoken with Kojurou and learned of one of his possible fates.

It wasn’t an answer she expected to hear, flinching slightly and looking up at him with widened eyes. Of course, he was still a demon after all, what else could she expect. “Does it hurt?” She asked, fiddling with the sleeve of her kosode. “Becoming a demon?”

She bit her lip and looked down again, why was he telling her all of this? Was it to keep her from running? To keep her quiet and complacent? He already had that from her, she had no reason to run and expose him, no one would believe her anyway. “I do not wish to become a demon.” She said softly.

Megohime nodded, swallowing down the lump that had formed in her throat. “You’ve already freed me once from my cage, my life is yours.” Masamune had already given her more freedom in the few days she had been under his care than the entirety of the time she lived with her parents, if he wanted her pitiful life, he could have it.

His gaze moved over her slowly. He would be lying if he said he did not find her visually appealing. He had not thought so of a human in centuries. "I will be using your gift tomorrow night. You have settled in long enough, I think."

Megohime nodded her head almost eagerly, like she actually wanted to be of help to a demon. “I will do my best to aid you.”

Megohime nodded once more, feeling a fluttering feeling in her chest, one she hadn’t felt before. Was she happy? Why did him needing her make her happy? She didn’t understand, but it didn’t matter.

Back
Top Bottom