Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Megohime sat beside him, not trying to run away, her mind swamped with thoughts. “So demons are real..?” She asked finally, then mentally kicked herself, of course they were real, she just saw one.

She just nodded again, holding the haori close to her, the streets were practically empty now, the sun almost completely set behind the mountains. She started to pull a couple of the ornaments from her hair, tossing them aside, using the sleeve of her kimono to wipe the makeup from her face. “Are you a demon too?”

This was all so overwhelming, so much so that she couldn’t help but let her questions simply tumble from her mouth. “If you’re a human, why are you serving a demon?”

Megohime made a noise, looking back down at the ground, her head was spinning. “Oh. I’m sorry.” What else was she supposed to say to that?

Megohime sat in silence, waiting for what she assumed was the demon to finish eating her parents. She was fine with that, he could have them, she simply wanted to go someplace she wouldn’t be used and sold.

The noble finally emerged, cleaning his face of blood, "Here..." He took her hand and placed a large coin sack in her palm, "This is all the money I could locate.."

Megohime stared at the sack of coins in her hand, not understanding why he was giving her this money. Her parents had never let her see anything of the money she made for them, but why bother giving it to her now? “I.. don’t understand, why give this to me..?” She asked, looking up at him.

Megohime gave a slow nod, closing her hand around the money with a soft noise. “Thank you..”

So his name was Masamune? Megohime followed after them, clutching the coin purse close to her chest as they left her home and city behind.

Megohime moved inside the carriage, sitting beside Masamune in silence. She strangely wasn’t upset over the death of her parents, was there something wrong with her?

Megohime looked down at her lap, nodding numbly. She had made the right decision, right? Even though he was a demon, had she been right in her choice to go with him so she could be free? She hadn’t thought about it until then, but felt there was no turning back now. “I.. didn’t want that life anymore..” She said softly.

Kojurou frowned softly, knowing that this was all a lot for her to take in so suddenly.
"No one is truly happy with such hollow, meaningless existance." Masamune said.

It was almost like a slap to the face, even if Megohime felt exactly how he described. She only nodded again, gently playing with the strings of the coin purse in her lap.

"My Lord," Kojurou spoke, "perhaps she just needs time before making conversation? The situation is rather jarring."
"Words of experience." Masamune said coldly and Kojurou seemed to humble himself.

“I-I’m alright..!” Megohime swallowed her fear, looking up at Masamune, trying to be brave. “It.. it is a bit much to comprehend.. but I can speak if you’d like..!”

Masamune pointed his haunting gaze toward her, "Would you have rather wished for death alongside your parents had you told me no?" He asked, "That was what I had originally intended for you, but Kojurou's heart bleeds far too heavily."

Megohime’s eyes widened, and she gripped the fabric of the purse tightly to steel her nerves. “No.” She said softly, but her fear was given away by her voice that quivered slightly. “I.. I would not have wanted to die alongside people such as my parents..”

Back
Top Bottom