Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

"M-Masamune-sama..." Kojurou seemed to be pleading, his voice almost a whimper, "This isn't appropriate conversation..." Masamune scoffed softly.
"It is a genuine question."
"Not for a situation such as this...!"

Megohime understood that the older man was trying to spare her from anymore torment after witnessing the death of her parents, but she felt as though she had to answer his questions.

"What if I had turned you into a demon?" Masamune asked.
"Masamune-sama!" Kojurou rose his voice and Masamune turned a sharp pointed nail on him.
"Do not speak to me with that tone of voice again, Kojurou. Pillar or no, I will kill you right where you are."

Megohime flinched at the yelling in the carriage, trying to think of what she would do had she been turned into a demon. “I’m.. not sure I know how to answer that..” Megohime had only just confirmed for herself that demons were real, so the question itself was almost incomprehensible to her.

"Masamune-sama, these questions are unfair and almost cruel." Kojurou said, trying to keep his voice level.
"But she is willing to answer."

She was just tired and overwhelmed at this point, having spent all day reading fortunes and futures, then having witnessed the bridal death of her parents at the hands of a demon. “I’m ok.” She said to Kojurou, looking to him. “Really, it’s alright.”

The rest of the ride back to Masamune’s home was silent, and Megohime didn’t mind so much, just listened to the sounds outside the carriage as they went.

When they arrived, Kojurou exited first to help Megohime and Masamune from the carriage.
"Show her to her room, Kojurou."
"Of course," Kojurou bowed to Masamune as he went inside before he looked to Megohime, "Shall we?"

Megohime nodded and followed close to Kojurou, looking at him as they moved through the estate. “What’s a pillar?” She finally asked.

Megohime was intrigued, she had never heard of such people until today. “Demon slayers?” She echoed.

Megohime didn’t quite understand, if his duty was to protect humans from demons, why serve one? “Are you a Hashira?”

Megohime felt her face flush in embarrassment at how callous her questions had been. “S-Sorry..” She brought her gaze down. “I didn’t mean to be rude.”

He shook his head, "You were not rude. You are allowed to ask." He told her. He stopped at a door and opened it, showing a simple room with a bed and small wardrobe.

Megohime entered and looked around before looking to Kojurou again. “Will I be killed here..?” She asked softly.

Last edited:
She seemed to mull over the answer, only sadness coming to her eyes, but she offered a soft smile. “Thank you, Kojurou.” She said gently.

Megohime settled in with no problem, having only the clothes on her back, and the coin purse full of money Masamune had taken from her home. She found many different types of clothing in the room, both men’s and women’s clothing, and after changing into a clean yukata, she set out her bedding and laid down.

She hardly saw Masamune at all in the giant house she now lived in. Sometimes she would hear scratching at her door, like a hungry animal sat outside her door wanting to get in. But that's all it ever was.

Megohime didn’t wander the house at night, stayed in her room with the door closed like Kojurou had instructed her to. During the day however, she wandered the large garden outside, watched the old koi in pond, enjoyed the bathhouse and the warm weather. It felt surreal, like she was in a dream.

Kojurou would accompany her in the garden sometimes, he liked having another human around. He was very protective of her and practically doted on her when they went out into town. It was almost like he was her father.

Back
Top Bottom