Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

She grunted weakly, only managing a barely audible squeak of distress, reaching to try and beat him off her. If this was a fever dream, it was frighteningly real, and she wanted desperately to wake up.

Mori smacked her hand away hard, giving her a shake by her neck and leaning down into her face. “And using Wisteria poison, I suppose you aren’t as dull as you appear.” He pressed her into the floor by her neck. “It explains why you haven’t changed at all, no matter how much I feed you. Well-” He brought his hand to his mouth and bit down hard, Akihime briefly seeing sharp fangs. “I’ll just fix that now. And once you’re no longer human, I’ll have you slaughter that man you’ve brought into my home.” Blood dripped steadily from the bite in his palm, using his other hand to force her mouth open, pressing the bloody wound against her mouth firmly.

She choked, trying to shake her head to pull away but she was dizzy and weak and could barely do anything. She tried not to swallow, trying to force it from her mouth, but it was too much for her to try and resist. There was no way anyone would come to her rescue, it was the dead of night and everyone was probably asleep without any knowledge of what was happening. Tears slipped down her eyes, the terrifying truth being she would change into a demon and hurt someone - Mitsunari, Shouta, Yukimura - before either one of them killed her or the poison in her body did.

The sound of the sliding doors splintering reached Akihime’s ears over the sound of her heart pounding, the weight of Mori suddenly off of Akihime as the sound of a brief tussle sounded behind her. Water was dumped into Akihime’s mouth, a hand grabbing her shoulder and forcing her onto her side.
“Don’t swallow!”
It was Shouta, crouched at her side, helping wash the blood from her mouth; then who had handled Mori?

"You disgusting worm!!" Mitsunari yelled, "You come into my father's home, abuse his illness as a means to nest, and dare to claim my sister as a demon!! I will make sure you're sent to Hell in pieces!!" Akihime felt more tears, letting the water sit in her mouth before spitting it and the blood out with a ragged gasp.
"A-Arigatou...Shouta-kun..." She coughed weakly.

Yukimura gripped the hilt of his sword so tightly his blade rattled- he should have known better. Akihime would never have allowed for herself to be poisoned by normal means, she would’ve been able to identify even odorless poisons.

Shouta only pressed the jug of water against her mouth again, a worried scowl on his face as he watched Akihime. Had she consumed blood? Would she turn in his arms right there? The thought terrified him, but he kept at clearing her mouth of blood; he wasn’t going to let her turn if he could prevent it.

Mitsunari had his odachi in a vice, watching Motonari like a hawk. If he so much as twitched, Mitsunari would cut something off.

Akihime tried to swish the water around in her mouth to get whatever blood may have remained in her mouth before spitting it out.
"D...Daijoubu...Shouta-kun...if we're lucky...the poison will kill me before I change..." She said, "I-If...I change..."

Mori glared at the ground, blood still pouring from the wound deep in his shoulder, watching it drop onto the tatami mats and soak into the floor. These damn slayers just would disappear, wouldn’t let things be easy, made every job he had beyond difficult. He gnashed his teeth together, feeling his rage building inside him.
Slayers.
Slayers were always getting in the way of what he wanted. The small horns that had begun to protrude from his head started to grow more, his thin eyebrows wriggling before opening up to reveal that they were actually eyes. “..slayers... You damned slayers..!!” He roared, the horns on his head growing to form a full circle on his head before he turned quickly to the two before him, a blinding light filling the room so bright Yukimura was forced to squeeze his eyes shut as hard as he could.

Mitsunari shielded his eyes as best as he could, squinting to try and keep his eyes on Mori. It would be a mistake to lose sight of him now.

Mitsunari felt himself be slammed backwards, hearing Yukimura grunt as he too was hit by Mori, the blinding light still shining brightly in the room. The light was so bright, Yukimura’s eyes couldn’t adjust, eyes watering the light was so painful, but he kept his guard up, keeping his sword in front of him as he listened for footsteps.

Mitsunari pushed himself up, his eyes shut tight as he just listened. Being the Sound Hashira had it's perks, his hearing was ten times higher than your average human. All he had to do was wait for Mori to strike again and he would be ready.

Mori wasn’t dim witted, he knew under most circumstances any one of these slayers could take his head- except for perhaps the boy -he knew he had to pick them off one at a time. He dashed over to Yukimura, kicking the flame Hashira hard in the chest, to which Yukimura was barely able to block, using his other senses to detect his attack in time to bring his blade up. The force of the kick was still enormous, sending Yukimura skidding backward toward Mitsunari, Mori moving behind Yukimura to keep out of Mitsunari’s direct path.

"Sh...Shouta-kun...my blade..." Akihike rasped, pointing to the closet behind him, "Q-Quickly..." Her breathing was fucked, she knew that, but she had to make the fight as easy on Yukimura and Mitsunari as she could.
Mitsunari swung his odachi quickly while Motonari was close, trying to connect with anything on the demon's body.

Shouta had grabbed Akihime and had used himself as a shield with his back to the demon, being able to see slightly better than the rest due to that they weren’t facing the light directly, but it wasn’t much. “Are you insane? You can barely stand!” He gnashed his teeth, but retrieved her blade like she had asked.
Mitsunari felt the blade connect, but it was shallow, the bright light only increasing in brightness.

"I-It'll be fine...if I don't...they'll die..." She rasped.
Mitsunari hissed and moved back as best as he could.
"Sound Breathing Fourth Form: Constant Resounding Slashes." He swung his odachi and multiple purple bursts of light and sound danced through the room as he tried to push forward toward Mori

Mori hissed as he felt a blade pass a little too close to his neck, making him jump back so he wouldn’t lose his head, moving for Yukimura once more.

"Poison Breathing...First Form...Gentle Waves of Wisteria..." Akihike had hauled herself up as best as she could, blade unsheathed as she made V shaped slashes with it, the room filling with a soft purple miasma. She choked and coughed, her breathing catching but she didn't stop.

She felt hands move over her, someone grabbing her from behind and keeping her up on her feet. Shouta held Akihime up with his arms hooked under her arms, eyes still squeezed shut.
“A-Akihime!” Yukimura was surprised to smell Akihime’s poison, keeping on guard.

"K...Keep fighting...!" She yelled. She needed a moment, just long enough to regain herself a little. Mitsunari used his first form, a large echoing boom flooding the small room.

Yukimura didn’t hesitate for a second when Akihime told him to keep fighting, using form after form to keep Mori from straying too far away from him or Mitsunari.
“Scum!! I’ll scatter your bones across pig pens! I’ll tear you to shreds!” Mori snarled at them, barely able to avoid attacks, let alone get out attacks of his own.

She was listening, waiting, looking for an opening. She just needed a little while longer.
Mitsunari snorted and pushed forward.
"Scared, Mori? You're starting to panic." He mocked.

Mitsunari felt Mori’s claws connect with his blade, feeling the heat of Yukimura’s techniques as he too went after Mori. “I’ll feed you both to other demons! To your father!” He snarled.

Mori took the brief moment that Mitsunari was off guard to attack him, sending a beam of light right at him before try to fend off Yukimura. “Don’t stop attacking!” Yukimura called out; was Yoshitsugu still alive? What had become of him?

Back
Top Bottom