Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Masamune picked up Kojurou and dragged him into a cell beside her, chaining him up and leaving him there for now.
"I don't know how happy I am knowing that this was your fate..." Kojurou said after Masamune had left.

Jin stared at the stone floor, barely registering Kojurou’s words, he was just giving up there? What was the point in her bothering to try now? She felt like she was being swallowed up by despair, the soft glow of her hair fading. “We’ll both be dead soon regardless.” She said softly.

“Don’t speak like that.” She said through clenched teeth, fangs bared. “You’ve only failed when you’ve given up..!” She looked to him. “Tell me you haven’t given up..!”

Jin felt relief, nodding. “I know very little outside of this basement... I’ve been able to collect that there’s around thirty demons in the house, and one human. Most seem to be active at night, and it isn’t uncommon to have a few up and about during the day too. Masamune however, seems to leave less and less lately.”

Jin nodded her head, a frown forming on her face. “I’ve noticed she seems to be a sensitive spot for him... He’s strangely enamored by her. I think... she may be a useful piece of leverage.”

He felt even worse even toying with the idea of using Megohime against Masamune. She really did mean a lot to him, his last little ray of hope, but if it meant ridding the world of Masamune then he would walk deeper into hell to do it. "Agreed...he is absolutely enraptured by her...she could be the key to finally killing him.."

Jin new sacrificing a civilian was wrong, but now was no time for morals. “With these chains on, I can not leave this basement... they’re forged from nichirin blades.” She was at a loss, how were they to get to Megohime if she never went into the basement?

He made a noise. Megohime would come looking for him, wouldn't she? Despite the horrible act he just attempted, she would worry for him and ask Masamune, maybe go looking? Right?

Yukimura, Akihime, Mitsunari, and Shouta all stayed the night in Yoshitsugu’s home, and even as awkward as things were, they all ate breakfast in the morning, Mori included. He had been living with Yoshitsugu, taking care of the elderly man while maintaining his business, keeping him rather occupied, but now that Akihime was back, he too was around more often.

Akihime didn't enjoy being around Mori, he made her uncomfortable; he always made her uncomfortable. But she was being polite now for Yoshitsugu's sake. She didn't look at him or really speak to him unless she had to, and even then she was unhappy. But after such a long time, she liked being home and spending these last few moments with her father.

Every meal was prepared for by the servants Mori had brought with him from his own home, all lavish delicious meals, but the longer Akihime stayed, the more she increasingly felt ill.

One morning, she couldn't get out of bed, she felt weak and drained. Her breathing was short and raspy and she was covered in sweat. "Wh-What's happened...? How did I get so ill...?"

Yukimura shook his head, changing out the wet towel on her forehead for a clean one. “We’ve sent for a doctor, he should be here soon, just focus on resting for now.” He said gently, tucking the blanket Akihime was under up over her shoulders.

Yukimura frowned softly, not wanting to leave her side, but wanting to go and retrieve the doctor himself so they would arrive faster. “I won’t go anywhere.” He promised softly.

Yukimura nodded. “I won’t leave her side.” He said firmly, Shouta standing and leaving with Mitsunari without a word. Yukimura was worried for Akihime, she never fell ill, and even then, her breathing should have been able to alleviate some of the symptoms.

Yukimura held her hand gently, petting her hair to soothe her. “Try to rest more, Mitsunari will return soon.”

She nodded and closed her eyes, "Hai..." She muttered. Mitsunari and Shouta returned later with the doctor, who moved to the opposite side of Akihime, across from Yukimura.
"Is she your wife...?" The old man asked politely. The whole room felt cold suddenly after that question, like a feeling of murderous intent was crawling toward them. But it quickly vanished.

“N-”
“No, she is not.” Mori answered from behind them, standing in the doorway with a scowl, arms tucked into his sleeves.
Yukimura frowned and looked back to the doctor. “She isn’t, but she is very ill.”

Back
Top Bottom