Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Megohime let out a muffled cry, only shaking her head more at Kojurou’s words, doing her best to twist and writhe free of her restraints, but it took too much effort, and her body wasn’t responding how she wanted. With little other choice left, she tried her best to call for Masamune, trying with every bit of energy to scream his name, but she was severely muffled.

"He won't be able to hear you, even with his acute hearing...but he'll smell the fear and that means I have to be fast.." He said as he moved to his tools.

His words didn’t deter her from continuing to scream for Masamune, despite being gagged and bound. Tears fell steadily down her cheeks, looking to Kojurou, now trying to beg him to stop. Her words were barely coherent, but she tried anyway.

He tried not to look at her, she could see this hurt him as much as it hurt her, "Please find it in your heart to forgive me...I only want what's best for you..."

Megohime was terrified, shaking her head again and again, trying her best to beg him to stop through her gag, wishing for Masamune to appear.

Before Kojurou could begin, Masamune threw the door open and tossed Kojurou into the farthest wall, moving to release Megohime. Kojurou didn't move and she thought that maybe Masamune had accidentally killed him.

Megohime let out a sob when Masamune untied her wrists, struggling to pull the gag from her mouth. In that moment, all she was able to do was to curl onto her side, sobbing as she clutched to Masamune, refusing to look and see if Kojurou was dead or not.

“No..” Megohime managed out, adrenaline still pumping through her veins, but it was fading, and she could feel herself starting to slip again, vision blurring. She clutched Masamune’s clothes tighter, terrified to fall unconscious again, even with Masamune there to protect her. “We’re ok..”

He could feel Megohime shifting back and forth on the edge of consciousness, one moment she would start to fall lax, then the next she would tense hard, gripping at Masamune’s clothes tightly. Whatever Kojurou had dosed her with, she was fighting it hard.

Megohime nodded, her body so incredibly tired, eyes already falling shut. She was out in a moment, head resting against his chest as he carried her, breathing slowly.

He brought her into his room and laid her on his bed before he left, going to take Kojurou down into his dungeon under the house.
"I didn't want you to know about this place, Kojurou, but you forced my hand."

Kojurou heard the sounds of heavy chains clinking when he was dragged down the stairs of the basement, met by the sight of a rather spacious room filled with lab equipment. Books on bookshelves lined the walls, many plants scattered throughout the room, various medical and scientific supplies on tables, and in the far corner, a person- nay, a demon. The demons hair flowed faintly, shone gold like the moon, a messy wild mop of hair tumbling down their form to the floor that they kneeled on, three heavy chains attached to them, two glowing golden eyes fixed on him. As he drew nearer, the demon quickly looked down, hiding their appearance from Kojurou inadvertently with their hair, but something seemed oddly familiar.
Jin was frozen in shock and horror when she saw Kojurou, barely able to simply hide her face from him, only hoping he hadn’t seen who she was, but why was Masamune bringing Kojurou there when he had previously gone through so much to keep her hidden? What had changed?

Masamune dropped Kojurou in front of Jin's cage.
"Look who it is, Kojurou. Look really hard." Masamune said. Kojurou glared at him before looking up at the demon. He stated at her for a long time before his eyes widened.
"Jin...?"

The demon visibly flinched at the name, like it in itself was the sun. Clawed hands gouged the ground when she clenched her fists, but it refuse to speak or acknowledge Kojurou, as if Jin could still hide the fact that it was truly her.

"Wh...What have you done to her...?"
"I've been trying my experiments on her, to see if she will help me conquer the sun. But with a child now, I won't need her." Masamune said.

Jin felt fear wash over her, looking to Masamune with wide eyes. He was going to kill her now? He had somehow had a child? She wasn’t able to look away from Masamune, mouth hanging open slightly- was she to die in such a pitiful shameful manner?

“D.. Don’t!” Jin finally spoke, moving forward a bit. “Leave him... He doesn’t need to experience anymore suffering then you’ve already inflicted upon him..!”

"You don't get a say." Masamune told her. Kojurou lowered his gaze; he was so glad she kept her humanity. He would feel worse if she became no more than a beast.
"I accept my punishment..." He muttered.

“No!” Jin snapped at him, gnashing her teeth shaking her head. “You can’t just lay down and die now..!” Her voice broke, seeing no fight left in Kojurou broke her heart.

"He has grown rather bold since Megohime came into our care, but I assure you he is no more than a beaten old dog." Masamune told her, and Kojurou's shoulders sagged.

Jin couldn’t believe her eyes, Kojurou had been reduced so far from the proud strong Pilliar he once used to be, now appearing before her as simply a tired man. She sat back, not knowing how to respond; had she been fighting to live all this time for nothing? Was there truly no hope left for the slayers?

Back
Top Bottom