Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Once Lost, Now Found (Beauvoir x Birble)

“Shut up already!” Kornyl hissed, clamping a hand over Sage’s mouth. “Is that all you can do? Cry and whine for someone to save you?”

Airyth waited a beat, not wanting to appear suspicious. He quietly slipped into the room, not making a noise as he approached Kornyl from behind. He wrapped a hand around the demon’s throat. “You really should know your place Lord Kornyl…” He breathed. His nails stretched into claws, digging into the man’s flesh.

“Y-your highness…” Kornyl instantly released Sage. “It was just a joke…”

“I see…” Darkness swirled around Airyth’s fingertips, his voice was cold and cruel. “I suppose you wouldn’t mind if I made a little joke of my own then.”

Kornyl began to visibly struggle to breath, even when Airyth released him and pushed him away. The demon seemed to be choking on air. He collapsed to the floor, writhing and clawing at his throat.

“Are you alright my dear?” Airyth’s voice had returned to the kind and gentle tone he usually used with Sage. He gently touched Sage’s cheek, looking over him for any sign of injury. “I was worried when I didn’t see you in the ball… I’m sorry I couldn’t come sooner…”

Sage was tearing up, worried that there was nothing to do to stop Kornyl from forcing himself onto the prince. "No! But what else can I do right you, you piece of-!" But suddenly he didn't have to talk anymore as he saw a familiar hand wrap around the demons throat and his heart nearly leapt into his throat. His happiness turned into a scared fascination though as he watched the hand become a claw. He saw the Lord flinch and as he released Sage the boy backed out of his reach quickly, watching from the other side of the table. Sage was breathing quickly as he Saw Airyth release the noble, and he fell onto the floor gasping for air.

The younger brother ran over to his older one. And sniffled. He nodded when Airyth asked if he was okay. "Y-yes, you got here in time- he was gonna- Force himself onto me-" Sage whimpered, but suddenly he was angry and he walked over kicking his attacker in the gut. "I want him taken in front of Father. Let the king decide what's to be done with him."

"I'm so sorry..." Airyth pulled him into a gentle hug, but let him pull away to let him kick the attacker. "Of course." He couldn't help but smile slightly, glad that Sage wasn't immediately trying to show mercy to the man.

He kissed the top of Sage's head before crouching down next to the Kornyl. Darkness surrounded his fingers again and he touched Kornyl's throat again. Suddenly Kornyl seemed to be able to breath again. The demon gasped for breath, trembling slightly.

"Be thankful that Sage is so kind, I would have let you slowly suffocate here." Airyth grabbed the man's arm and dragged him to his feet. "Do not give me an excuse to make you suffer, I will be more than happy to take it." He dragged Kornyl towards to the door. Kornyl stumbled after him, clearly dizzy from oxygen deprivation.

Sage went back to clinging to his brother for comfort. trembling as Airyth comforted him, and he glared at the royal. He watched with the same strange fascination as Airyth stopped whatever magic or ability he'd been using, and the demon gasped for air. He watched as the crown prince began dragging the other away for a moment before following quickly. After a few quick strides Sage managed to out pace the two of them and threw the doors of the ballroom open and quickly walked to where his father was, leaning over to whisper in his ear, ignoring all the eyes staring at him. "Father, I was in the library, and Lord Kornyl accosted me, touched me inappropriately and spoke ill of both me and our family. Airyth witnessed it" He finished whispering, going into a little more detail just as Airyth brought the lord into the room. He hugged his father, still looking upset.

Zolvir looked up as Sage entered, frowning at the expression on his son's face. His face paled at the news. "Are you alright?" He asked quickly, hugging Sage back. "Did he hurt you?"

Another demon rushed over to Airyth. "Kornyl? What's going on?"

Kornyl looked up, still a bit dizzy. "F-father, this is a misunderstanding-"

"I found him attempting to assault my brother." Airyth snapped. "There is no way that could be misunderstood."

Kornyl's father shook his head in confusion. "There must be some explanation... Kornyl wouldn't just..."

"That little whore tried to seduce me!" Kornyl insisted, his eyes wild in panic as he pointed to Sage. "He pulled me down onto him when I refused! He's just trying to get revenge because I wouldn't sleep with him!"

"I'm a little bruised." Sage whimpered. He watched the other man run up to his attacker and scowled as the younger one tried to play it off as simply a 'misunderstanding'" He heart fluttered a bit though as Airyth got hostile in his defense.

What Sage hadn't expected though, was the pervert to try and accuse him of such disgusting behavior. Something seemed to flash over the younger prince and he let go of his father rushing forward with a determined stride. About 5 feet before he reached the man Sage made a motion like a back hand and violet energy streaked across the room throwing Kornyl into a pillar. "How dare you- I agree to be here, to meet you as a potential suitor; and you attempt to RAPE me and then blame me for it!?" Sage pulled his sleeves up revealing the red marks the demon had left. "So I just gave these to myself!?" He crouched down, glaring at the prince, his eyes glowing with magic. "Little did I know, that all these years I've actually been a prince, so maybe I should start acting like it, you know, exercise some authority. So here's how it's going to be you tell these people the truth. You look your father in the eyes and tell them how you accosted me, groped me, and called me soiled goods- Or" He tone lightened. "There's always option b, I'm not an unreasonable man, I would never give you one choice to make." His smile faded. "So option b. I have you executed and strip your father and the rest of his family of their noble status, then have them thrown out into the streets. Then maybe they'll understand how insulting it is to be rescued from that life only to be treated the way you treated me. The choice is yours. But, Hurry, what was it you said. That Airyth is 'forward' when he wants something. Well, I'm impatient and I can tell he wants to rip your throat out."

Airyth raised an eyebrow but didn’t try to hold onto Kornyl as his body was thrown across the room.

The demon lay on the floor, shaking and gasping for breath. “I-I’m sorry your highness…”

Airyth approached Sage, laying a gentle hand on his shoulder and leaning down to whisper in his ear. “Sage, my dear, be careful. Your body is not used to using that much magic… This trash is not worth hurting yourself.” He breathed. “If you wish to make him suffer then you need only say the word and I will take care of him for you.” He straightened up again, turning his attention to Kornyl. “Sage is right, I would be more than happy to end your life… And I seem to recall he told you to do something besides simply apologize…” Darkness formed around his free hand again.

“I-I…” Kornyl tried to scoot away from them, still trembling. He glanced up at his confused and frightened father. “I’m sorry… It’s true… I… Groped the prince and insulted him… I wasn’t going to go any further! It was just a joke!” He swore.

His father shook his head and looked away. “I can’t believe you…” He rubbed his eyes. "You are an absolute disgrace..."

It was true, and Sage knew it the moment he'd gotten done with his command. Having to lean on the table. He'd exhausted too much energy. But he didn't stop glaring at the demon. He watched his brother with a mixture of adoration and pride and was glad as Kornyl apologized, then told the truth as Airyth threatened him again. At the claim that once again it was a joke Sage rolled his eyes, but made no moved. "Some sick sense of humor you have.. And definitely not a joke you make to someone you're trying to court." He scowled but stood up. "On top of everything you've caused a scene at this ball that my family works so hard on. The first one that I should've been able to enjoy... But no one says I still can't." He looked at King Zolvir. "Father, I trust you to decide a fitting consequence. I just never want to see him in this castle again." He then turned to the demon's father. "Sir, I hold no ill will against you and the rest of your family. In fact I am sorry that your son embarrassed you in such a manner." He then turned towards the thickest part of the crowd. "My apologies for interrupting everyone's fun, please, enjoy the rest of the festivities" He turned towards his brother whispering harshly. "I desperately need a drink."

Zolvir nodded, his face stern. He waved a guard over. "Put him in the dungeons." He turned to the crowd. "His fate will be determined later, I do not wish to let him further interrupt our evening."

Airyth wrapped his arm around Sage's waist to support him. "There is a sitting room nearby... You can rest there as long as you need to.” He knew exactly what would help Sage feel better, but didn’t want to push things right now. “What can I get you to drink?” He asked, gently leading him towards the hallway.

Sage smiled faintly as the man was dragged off, mostly glad that the issue had been resolved, without too much conflict. He did feel rather weak though and was glad when Airyth helped him move into the next room and supported him all the while. Once in the room he thought about what he wanted to drink. "I think some water would, be best for me right now." He replied simply, glad for his brother's presence. He couldn't believe the evening had unfolded in such a way. He looked at Airyth witha bit of an exhausted expression. "Brother, can I be done with suitors for the night? I don't want to have to entertain anymore jerks like that one.."

Airyth helped him air down. "Of course, I'll check with father and then bring you some water." He touched the man's cheek. "Is there anything else I can bring you? A blanket? Or a book to keep your mind off things?" His expression was genuinely concerned. Sage was so fragile in his eyes, so delicate... Airyth couldn't help but worry that he had let things go too long without interfering.

Sage was tired and still pretty shaken up but he felt alright. Maybe it was for the best that Airyth had been so touchy all this time. As the older prince offered to bring him more things and looked over him with a worried expression he smiled gently. "No Big brother, I'm fine, I just need to drink some water and be away from the crowd for a few minutes and then I'll rejoin the party. I wish i hadn't used so much energy. I didn't know how to control the amount I used for that magic."

Airyth pressed a light kiss to his forehead. "I'll be right back, we can talk then." He promised before hurrying off. He soon returned with a glass of water and handed it to Sage, sitting down next to him as he did.
He paused a moment before speaking. "I would also like for you to be able to control your magic... But doing that takes a lot of practice, and right now you don't have enough magic inside you to be able to consistently practice without hurting yourself..." He explained gently. "If you were to feed from me then you would have more than enough magical energy to practice and master your skills... If you are not interested in that then the best thing might simply be for you to try not to use your magic at all."

Sage waited patiently and took the water gratefully as he started to drink it. Glad for the cool refreshing liquid down his throat. He turned and listened intently as Airyth spoke, telling him what would be necessary if he wanted to consistently use magic- and how he really couldn't without it. He looked down. It was kind of a bummer that he had to do something like that to be able to use his skills. "So feed from you- you mean-?" He flushed staying quiet for a long few moments as he looked down into the glass of water. "Okay- I'll do it- tonight.... But can we keep it calm, I'm not ready for things to get too intense, and you'll have to- guide me-" His cheeks weren't getting any less red as he continued to sip his water.

"I mean the way we discussed before." Airyth kissed the top of his head. "Of course my dear, we can go as slowly as you'd like." He lightly wrapped his arm around Sage's waist. "I know you've had quite a stressful day..." He had to repress a victorious grin. He was finally going to get Sage to start opening up to sexual activities. If he kept going slow then things would work out, he didn't want to force himself on Sage and make the man resent him.

He paused for a moment. "You said that man said something insulting about you... Didn't you?" He frowned slightly. "Was it anything you'd like to talk about?" Of course he knew what had happened. He wondered if Sage had any questions about the things Kornyl said about his mother.

Sage's flush expression remained on his cheeks as his brother assured him that he would let him take things slow and get used to the "feedings" he would have to undergo to be able and consistently use his magic. It wasn't something he was proud of, but at the same time, here in Morrigan it didn't seem like it was anything that he need be ashamed of either. He leaned against his brother smiling gently.

When the subject of what the man had said to him was brought up though he felt himself stiffen a little. He didn't want to relive it, but the small prince supposed it would be good to talk to someone. "He said- that father only gave me the title of prince out of pity, and that he should've just made me a whore- like my mother. That you would've preferred that." He spoke quietly. "Airyth- was my mother- was she one of father's consorts? Was I an accident?" He asked, looking into the Vyre's eyes with his own wide ones, a look that seemed particularly fragile.

Airyth frowned at Sage's expression. He seemed so small and delicate... Airyth was afraid he might say the wrong thing and upset him, but he didn't want to lie about this either. It wasn't something he could hide forever. He was quiet for a moment before speaking. "Nothing he said was true... You were not given your title out of pity, and your mother was no a whore..."

"However..." He sighed. "There are some who think that way. Your mother was a consort of sorts... Her main purpose was to give blood, so she was not being paid for sex. And... Father really did care for her, more than most kings would care for a consort..."

"I don't know if you remember much about my mother..." He looked away, lightly chewing his lip. He hated talking about his mother, it was something he had never really dealt with. "She passed away suddenly when I was quite young, of course father was completely devastated. He was deeply depressed until he met your mother. He gave you your position because he sees you as a son, and because I saw you as a brother."

He looked at Safe again. "Father was even trying to figure out a way he could properly marry your mother before she disappeared with you..."

Sage leaned against his brother as the Vyre talked about his mother. He honestly didn't know much about her, just that he saw her once a year. And he was always happy to see her, but sad when she left, and Sad that he didn't get to have his mom most of the other time like most children. As he spoke of her not being considered a whore by his other family, he was happy.

Though as Airyth spoke about his own mother, Sage's heart broke for him. He wanted to know more, like what his big brother remembered of her. But he didn't want to push the subject, especially now. It didn't feel like the time. "I'm sorry, that my vanishing and my mom overshadowed your grieving..."

When Airyth revealed Zolvir's plan to marry her though, it truly surprised Sage. "If they were so in love, I can't imagine why she would've run- and why she would take me with her."

He sighed but leant up and kissed his brother on the cheek. "Anyway, we should probably get back in there, and get all this over with." He drank the rest of his water.

"I didn't know your mother well enough to say if she was in love with father... But he certainly did love her." Airyth sighed. When he was young he would have said that Sage's mother was in love with his father, but now he just wasn't sure... It certainly seemed like she wouldn't kidnap Sage if she loved Zolvir.

"I believe she was raised by humans, it may have been that she hated the idea of letting us be together..." He stared off into space for a moment. "I was such a stupid child... For awhile I thought of her as family, I thought she cared for me the way she cared for you. But clearly that wasn't the case... Perhaps she just saw me as another monster." He shrugged slightly. The thought had torn him up as a child, but he had managed to push the feelings down.

He stood up and offered Sage his hand. "I can stay with you for the rest of the evening, if you need to rest again then just let me know."

Sage felt bad that Airyth didn't believe his mother loved him. He wanted to say that of course she had, but he didn't really know enough to speak for Lelliana. He hardly knew her at all. To him she'd been like Santa Clause, they came once a year and you just assumed they cared about you. "Maybe so, maybe that's why, but I don't even know if it matters at this point."

Sage gently held his brother's hand and began to head back to the ballroom, smiling. "Thanks, I really don't wanna be alone with anymore strangers, especially since got him sent to the dungeon." He went back out to the party and basically stuck to his brother like glue for the rest of the night, picking at the food tables, and sitting on their thrones or chatting with the random passerby, but her never left Airyth's side.

Airyth was more than happy to stay close to Sage all evening, just enjoying his company. Eventually the party began to wind down and Airyth decided to make his move. He led Sage up to their thrones which were raised above most of the crowd.

“Sage…” Airyth took his hand and knelt before him, there were shocked gasps and whispers in the crowd as the attention of the entire room was focused on the princes. “I have loved and treasured you since the moment I laid my eyes on you.” He spoke loud enough that the nearby guests could hear him. “I was torn apart when you were taken from me, and now that you are back I cannot bear to see you taken from me again…” He pulled out a small black jewelry box, and opened it to reveal a gorgeous ring. It was made of white gold, with a large diamond surrounded by small blood red rubies. ”Would you do me the honor of becoming my queen? Will you allow me to keep you by my side and ensure you spend your life in comfort and safety?” He looked up at Sage, his eyes filled with genuine love. He knew that Sage probably wasn't ready to accept, but hoped that the social pressure would be enough.

Sage was wondering when he could run away when suddenly Airyth was leading him somewhere. He looked around and it was obvious he was taking them to their thrones and Sage wondered why he would take them there of all places? Did they have to sit to watch their guest's leave? He was even more confused when Airyth stopped.

It took a second for Sage to realize what Airyth was doing as he turned and knelt. And then everything in Safe froze except for a core of warmth and anxiety. Surely he was fixing his shoe or something-? This couldn't be happening right now. Sage's hand slowly moved to his mouth as his brain slowly processed what Airyth was doing. Proposing to him, right here, right now, in front of this whole crowd? Asking him to be his queen- but it was too soon- wasn't it? He couldn't think. He'd never thought things would happen this fast. He wasn't ready! What if he wanted to meet other people? Then again no one would cherish him, the way Airyth did. Despite their differing experience on the morals of their relationship his brother really did love him. But, What if he didn't want to? But who else would be as good as Airyth? Also this would be the best for their kingdom. What could he do-? There were so many people- If he said no there would be havock- but what if he wanted to, and it did seem like the safest option. Besides he did of course love his brother.

A moment after Airyth was done speaking, Sage swallowed, trembling a bit. Sage let a smile grace his face gently as a tear rolled down his face even though he was shaking in his boots. ".... Yes Airyth. O-of course I will!" He let the Vyre slip the ring on his finger before he jumped and wrapped his arms around the taller man's neck.

Airyth was more than happy to slip the ring on Sage's finger. He lightly kissed the boy's fingers before rising to his feet. The feeling of Sage's arms around him brought a joyous smile to his face. He hugged Sage back tightly, nuzzling his face into his neck. "Thank you..." He breathed, trailing his fingers through Sage's hair. He had been a bit nervous, he wasn't sure what he would do if Sage had rejected him.

The room erupted into applause. The families who had been courting Sage politely clapped, although a few of them were visibly annoyed at the development. King Zolvir wore a slightly exasperated expression, but stayed quiet.

Sage was still nervous and an unsure wreck but it felt like there was no sensible way he could've said no in this situation. It'd been too soon and he wasn't sure about anything still; but as the applause erupted in the room Sage thought maybe he had made the right decision. But what would a life of Being Airyth's queen bring him? He was certain his brother would probably become more aggressive in the ways that Sage wasn't accustom to yet. But he didn't want to think about that now. To kind of, solidify things Sage pulled back a little and smiled at Airyth before gently placing a kiss on his lips.

~~~

Once everything was a bit more calm, Sage helped his family bid their guests a farewell and accepted most of the crowd's congratulations, though some of them stayed quiet or seemed rather annoyed by it. Once everything was said and done he stepped away and looked at the ring on his finger. It was beautiful, but it stood for a lot. Once everyone was gone he turned to his father and brother, looking fairly tired. "I think I'd like to, retire for the night." He smiled a bit. "Quite a party though."

Airyth leaned into the kiss, holding Sage close to his chest. He wanted more... But he knew this wasn't the time or place. He would have to wait just a little longer...

~~~

It was a relief to see everyone leave. Airyth wasn't exactly a social butterfly, and he was looking forward to spend time with Sage alone. He smiled at Sage as he suggested leaving. "It was..." He offered Sage his arm. "Will you walk with me?" He wasn't entirely sure if Sage was still planning to feed from him tonight. His brother looked rather tired, but he didn't want to ask in front of their father. If Sage wanted to delay for tonight then he could just go to his own room.

"Yes, quite the party..." Zolvir gave Airyth a meaningful glance, one that Airyth knew meant he was getting a stern talking to later. "Get some rest tonight. We'll have a lot to talk about tomorrow."

Back
Top Bottom