Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last TV show you watched

Netflix's Resident Evil. Finally got around to watching this show based on a recommendation from a friend and oh boy was it bad.

I actually liked Lance Reddick playing a version of Albert Wesker, although I do have issues with the character itself and not who played him. I understand that in this show, these are clones of the original Wesker who wants to live forever. It feels like the writers of the show just know that 'Albert Wesker' is a big name in the community. They offhandedly say that the original version died in a volcano (assuming this is a reference/easter egg to Resident Evil 5 and how Wesker dies). So to me personally just feels like this clone is meant for his name and nothing else. Honestly with how they barely stick to the original foundation of RE, they could have just chosen Lance Reddick to play a 'Wesker' from Project W. One of the 11 Children that were selected to become advanced humans. All intelligent and similar to Wesker (hence the surname change to Wesker).

The pacing really feels all over the place. Terrible IMHO. We are constantly bouncing around from teenage to adult years were honestly the adult years aren't particularly interesting at all. Just a constant cat and mouse chase of Jade getting away from Umbrella barely. Always having the right answer, or having the right thing go her way in the last moment. I mean in the very first episode? (or was it the second) she is picked up by the massive bug turned zomboid with T-Virus. Has her by the leg, picking her up, leg isn't crushed at all (somehow) and instead of devouring her like it reasonably would as the 'Zeroes' instantly start munching down on humans. It slams her onto a car instead. Then just roars at her. People show up, kill it for her then take her to safety. They try to sell her to Umbrella, but things go south, and she is on the run. Just jumping down into a sea of zombies, knocking them down with ease and running through them to get to the car. Then well, you get the idea of how she keeps getting out of trouble.

They talk about the 'fall' and the second outbreak that happens, but they don't even show how it happens. I'm just going off assumptions on how season 1 ends with what I'm assuming is supposed to be William Birkin in that tube?

Honestly didn't care about the teen drama between Jade and Billie. Cared more about the flashback scenes that involved Evelyn and Wesker, and the Umbrella focus.

Jade also just brings a zombie onboard a safe ship just to test on it without getting permission first and no one knowing. She ends up getting a friend killed and like, literally nothing happens to her about it. The University, the people she works for, just... let it go? Simply because Umbrella shows up just at the opportune time of her getting a co-worker killed and it is just dropped from there basically.

I'm just gonna rant about small little things I think about (Like Umbrella's top-secret lab having NO SECURITY AT NIGHT? NONE? AND A DOG WITH THE T-VIRUS IS IN A CAGE THAT CAN JUST OPEN BY HAND?)

Anyways. Would not recommend the show like it was recommended to me.

What We Do In The Shadows Season Four

Took a few episodes for this season to hit its stride, but The Night Market and everything onward has been fucking amazing.

Motherland: Fort Salem

What do you get when you mix a good premise, likable and interesting characters, and some pretty good acting with some very frustrating and bad writing? This show. You get this show. It has so many good moments, but then the characters just make the most asinine and ridiculous decisions. It's one of those viewing experiences where it gets good, then it gets bad, then it gets worse, then the characters bring you back in to keep you watching, and then the cycle repeats itself. This show has to be the biggest waste of potential I've seen since Firefly, but at least Firefly was good the entire time. This show's potential was wasted by the writers.

Lucifer & Walking Dead

That's too bad. It was a good series. I've seen part of S6 but not the finale.

It's no Breaking Bad, but that's a hard act to follow anyway.

You might like it. Can't say much more without spoiling it. Some things were well done but that's mostly due to the Breaking Bad connection itself and nothing BCS did on its own.

Been watching The Shield recently, just finished season 4. Really riveting character-driven cop procedural with amazing performances but at the same time, I just feel like I need a shower after finishing an episode.

House of the Dragon Episode 2.
sad-sorry.gif

Back
Top Bottom