Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last TV show you watched

Finished The Boys S3

...and they did NOT stick the landing with this one. Noir killed off just when he became interesting and has some depth to him, but they let A-Train survive when he's been the same piece of shit for three seasons? Maeve, who should've become a regular human after Soldier Boy's blast, survives an insane fall and lands in an alley without all the bones in her body shattered on impact at minimum, and she just gets to leave and go to some farm? Ryan randomly loves murder now... because.

Great season. Mediocre finale.

Finished The Boys S3

...and they did NOT stick the landing with this one. Noir killed off just when he became interesting and has some depth to him, but they let A-Train survive when he's been the same piece of shit for three seasons? Maeve, who should've become a regular human after Soldier Boy's blast, survives an insane fall and lands in an alley without all the bones in her body shattered on impact at minimum, and she just gets to leave and go to some farm? Ryan randomly loves murder now... because.

Great season. Mediocre finale.
I think why Ryan seemed slowly okay with watching that man get murdered is because they are showing (especially during that fight) that Ryan actually is starting to love Homelander as a Father. He calls him Dad -- he even thought Homelander was mad at him before that touching moment where he told him that he was the only one that would ever understand Ryan and he wouldn't treat him like how he was treated growing up. Ryan didn't have a Father either, had a Mother that tried to hide everything. Homelander, as fucked as he is, shows genuine care for his son and after killing that man and the crowd cheers. Homelander was shocked he was loved for it. Ryan probably saw it as "My Dad is powerful and can do what he wants and people love him for it, and they love me" kinda thing. Season 4 will probably have some sort of focus on Butcher trying to save Ryan and his humanity from going down the path of Homelander.

For the rest of the points. Yeah, no idea how Maeve survived that after being turned into a normal human. They were overall rather up and down with Soldier Boy's blast and what it could do though. With Kimiko it just wounded her and took her powers. At New York and Herogasm he disintegrated people and other supes. During the last episode, he did some damage to the Tower but overall (besides losing her powers) Maeve had no wounds from the attack or the fall.

The Noir thing really sucks that he was killed so abruptly but at the same time. To me. It makes sense and falls in line with Homelander and his ego. He doesn't like being lied to so when Noir tells him the truth that he knew he had a 'dad' out there somewhere -- I mean you saw what he did to Stillwell when he found out she lied to him about his son. Would you expect anything less when someone didn't tell him about his dad?

Also now that I'm sort of on the subject of The Boys. Homelander's laser eye beams seem rather inconsistent on what they cut through and how much damage/force they do. Same with his strength? Also... Homelander can literally fly unlike anyone else (save for Ryan) and with how much of an ego he has. He never flies up out of reach of anyone and just fucking beams people. Fighting Maeve or Soldier Boy where they can try to hold him down? Nah. Stand on the ground and try my beam. He also shows that he is strong enough that when he reached for Maeve, she grabbed his arm and couldn't stop him from just poking out her eye -- yet they seem evenly contested in strength multiple times throughout the fight with Maeve seeming to get an upper hand sometimes?

But overall I think the season was pretty great. Ending didn't go as I expected, still sort of processing it and how good it may have been I suppose.

Last edited:
I think why Ryan seemed slowly okay with watching that man get murdered is because they are showing (especially during that fight) that Ryan actually is starting to love Homelander as a Father. He calls him Dad -- he even thought Homelander was mad at him before that touching moment where he told him that he was the only one that would ever understand Ryan and he wouldn't treat him like how he was treated growing up. Ryan didn't have a Father either, had a Mother that tried to hide everything. Homelander, as fucked as he is, shows genuine care for his son and after killing that man and the crowd cheers. Homelander was shocked he was loved for it. Ryan probably saw it as "My Dad is powerful and can do what he wants and people love him for it, and they love me" kinda thing. Season 4 will probably have some sort of focus on Butcher trying to save Ryan and his humanity from going down the path of Homelander.

For the rest of the points. Yeah, no idea how Maeve survived that after being turned into a normal human. They were overall rather up and down with Soldier Boy's blast and what it could do though. With Kimiko it just wounded her and took her powers. At New York and Herogasm he disintegrated people and other supes. During the last episode, he did some damage to the Tower but overall (besides losing her powers) Maeve had no wounds from the attack or the fall.

The Noir thing really sucks that he was killed so abruptly but at the same time. To me. It makes sense and falls in line with Homelander and his ego. He doesn't like being lied to so when Noir tells him the truth that he knew he had a 'dad' out there somewhere -- I mean you saw what he did to Stillwell when he found out she lied to him about his son. Would you expect anything less when someone didn't tell him about his dad?

Also now that I'm sort of on the subject of The Boys. Homelander's laser eye beams seem rather inconsistent on what they cut through and how much damage/force they do. Same with his strength? Also... Homelander can literally fly unlike anyone else (save for Ryan) and with how much of an ego he has. He never flies up out of reach of anyone and just fucking beams people. Fighting Maeve or Soldier Boy where they can try to hold him down? Nah. Stand on the ground and try my beam. He also shows that he is strong enough that when he reached for Maeve, she grabbed his arm and couldn't stop him from just poking out her eye -- yet they seem evenly contested in strength multiple times throughout the fight with Maeve seeming to get an upper hand sometimes?

But overall I think the season was pretty great. Ending didn't go as I expected, still sort of processing it and how good it may have been I suppose.

It's okay for Ryan to accept Homelander as his father, but I consider it a major leap to have him smile at a man's death. I think ending the scene on Ryan's expression going from uncertain or wide eyed into neutral does a lot more, and is a lot less drastic, than outright having him smile at the brutality his father demonstrated. It felt like blowing the load too soon; just having Ryan walk away from Butcher at the end of the finale was good enough. We'll have to disagree on this.

The blast neutralizes the V compound and turns you into a regular human again. There's a case for Soldier Boy surviving that fall, but Maeve being blasted with that beam mid-fall and being able to walk away from it is absurd. If Soldier Boy could control it and was implied to have saved her life (and he wouldn't), I'd understand it, but they clearly showed the attack as having gone off. Just weak writing for me; it makes Soldier Boy look like a chump at best, or Maeve having the most insane plot armor of all time at worst.

It was going to be Noir against Homelander the second you learned of Noir's history and Homelander's relation to him, but ending it on that note was weak. I don't care that they fought, I care that it was just a stomach punch and an abrupt conclusion without allowing Noir and Soldier Boy to go at it again; I would've preferred it if Noir actually saved The Boys from Soldier Boy instead of Maeve. I hope the character returns since Maeve and Soldier Boy can just survive their bullshit, so why can't he?

If Homelander is too smart, the show ends. The writing excuse is his "ego" won't allow him to not beat the shit out of people up close and personal. Maeve should've gotten wrecked a lot harder than she was, since 1v1ing Homelander as anyone other than Soldier Boy is a death sentence, but that pesky plot armor just won't let her eat shit like every other character in the show would.

Kimiko going from not wanting to be a monster to gleefully murdering security guards while bumping tunes was also wildly out of character to me, and Frenchie doesn't bother calling out the brutality she never liked dishing out by choice. Not everyone in Vought is irredeemable garbage, but because those guards didn't have names or backstories, its okay to brutality murder them despite Kimiko and Frenchie being the ones trespassing and dealing with deadly chemical compounds. M.M.'s big moment for the season was helping break Soldier Boy's shield and calling him a racist. Trauma gone now I guess. Weak.

Great season. Weak finale. All I'm saying. Won't stop you from enjoying it though.

Just finished Season 3 of the Boys a few nights ago, loved every moment of it!

Am currently watching Better Call Saul, sometimes I wanna give it up but the breaking bad crumbs are always enough to keep me around!

Definitely going to be watching all of the Stranger Things season here soon, and need to check out Miss Marvel!

omqzaeq5be.jpg

Victoria's Secret: Angels and Demons

Researched with journalistic rigor by director Matt Tyrnauer, this documentary tells the harrowing and provocative story of the Victoria's Secret brand and its longtime CEO, the larger-than-life, enigmatic billionaire Les Wexner. The fashion underworld, the billionaire class and Jeffrey Epstein are inextricably linked to the fall of this iconic brand in Victoria's Secret: Angels and Demons.

I've been watching Evil on Paramount Plus (currently on season 3), and it's a really fun show. The cheap summary is "X-Files, but following a team of Vatican investigators instead of FBI agents," but the episodes veer from bizarre to scary to hilarious (often in the same episode) and you never know what you're going to get. Also it stars Michael Emerson playing...pretty much the human(?) embodiment of evil, and he's delightful, totally owns every scene he's in.

I've been watching Evil on Paramount Plus (currently on season 3), and it's a really fun show. The cheap summary is "X-Files, but following a team of Vatican investigators instead of FBI agents," but the episodes veer from bizarre to scary to hilarious (often in the same episode) and you never know what you're going to get. Also it stars Michael Emerson playing...pretty much the human(?) embodiment of evil, and he's delightful, totally owns every scene he's in.

The show works because it knows not to take itself too seriously, while never straying into being silly. Also I want to know where all the Katja Herbers\Mike Colter fanfic is!

Back
Top Bottom