Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last TV show you watched

Obi Wan

My only problem is with Leia. The child does not act like a ten-year-old in any way whatsoever. Everything from the way she talks to the actions she takes, to her emotional maturity is just way beyond her years. The only other comparison would be Anakin from Episode 1. Anakin was written like a child, despite being a prodigy capable of building a droid. You got the sense that his genius was contained within a child's mind. I would have prefered Leia not be in the show at all. It even makes the universe feel smaller. Also... while on foot, she outruns several grown men. LOL

People seem to really not like Reva. I'm not going to boil everyone's complaints down to her skin color, but I do think a lot of the criticism is completely overblown. She isn't Vader or Maul (who Filoni turned into a joke by the end of Clone Wars, because he loves jerking off to Ashoka), but rather an Inquisitor. You know, that group of losers that has never accomplished much of anything. Cal Kestis was whooping ass and he was barely a padawan, who had to relearn the force on the fly. They also couldn't quite take out Ezra and his group either. They're a group of lame nobodies, and it's ever more apparent when they have to share the screen with Vader.

What are people expecting?

If anything, Reva does a real good job of acting as exactly what she is: an Imperial stooge. If they wanted to create a good antagonist, then they would have had to create another Moff Gideon. The Inquisitors are a bunch of lame goons, and the Grand Inquisitor is lesser than Vader and Maul. There are no suitable force users that they can actually slot in there that would make any kind of sense. However, they can't do that, because it's fucking Star Wars. They need to have Obi Wan clapping some Sith cheeks, to some degree, otherwise the fans can't get off because the glowing swords aren't touching.

Stranger Things. Season 4.

Honestly, I think they should have stopped after Season 2. I watched 3 hoping it would get better, and eventually it did. Had a decent season finale. But on the whole, it fell short of the previous seasons. And now with Season 4, I'm like... meh. The main "bad guy" is so much less impressive than previous iterations. And OMFG am I tired of hearing that Kate Bush song everywhere!

The Boys when the episodes are coming out and I'm enjoying it immensely.

Also finally started watching Obi-Wan and it just feels... ehhh? @Mitsu actually pointed some of the issues I've already had with this show (especially the Leia part) as I looked over at my 8-year-old nephew and told him to run. I'm only on episode 3 atm too. It also isn't that I don't care for Reva, I don't care for really any of these characters they are introducing that are new.

EDIT: So far they have given 0 reason why I should care about anyone other than Obi-Wan at the moment.

The Boys when the episodes are coming out and I'm enjoying it immensely.

Also finally started watching Obi-Wan and it just feels... ehhh? @Mitsu actually pointed some of the issues I've already had with this show (especially the Leia part) as I looked over at my 8-year-old nephew and told him to run. I'm only on episode 3 atm too. It also isn't that I don't care for Reva, I don't care for really any of these characters they are introducing that are new.

EDIT: So far they have given 0 reason why I should care about anyone other than Obi-Wan at the moment.

I like how Obi-Wan is pretty simple and straightforward. I like how it's relatively grounded, and Obi-Wan sucks donkey dick at being a Jedi after so long. It's doing a lot of things I like and wish a Star Wars story would do. It's no coincidence then that a lot of the story so far has echoed the first film. I can see how some people might not like it, because I don't think it's actually that good. I just don't have a problem with it and I happen to like it.

The Boys, on the other hand, I felt started off strong and has gotten weaker per episode. This season was real good during the first two episodes. It's starting to feel more and more like some kind of weak drama where the characters are all making the obvious mistakes we've seen in a thousand other shows. I liked how the show was a fresh spin on things, even if some tropes weren't brand new. In this season it just feels like they are really starting to phone it in and aren't going in any interesting and surprising directions with the story.

Rewatching Archer and Pam's obnoxiousness being dialed up to 11 in Season Four and onward makes her the most unbearable side character. At least Cheryl has an excuse--she's fucking insane--but Pam doesn't have one. Went from the underappreciated voice of reason to being obsessed with everyone else's sex life, simulating sex with a burrito, and saying "dicknuts" every other scene.

Watching The Boys as episodes come out, enjoying it still. Some of the episodes so far have been a bit slow but the most recent episode was pretty great.

Also finally finishing Peaky Blinders since Season 6 is out now (or has been out but I never noticed/was alerted)

The Boys, owing to watching an episode every time there is a new one. Full show, Invincible which is honestly an amazing show I'd recommend to anybody with Amazon prime.

Wrapped up Season Four of Young Justice and I gotta say... not satisfying.

Starting to feel too much like the M'Gann and Connor show. If S5 is greenlit, I hope they move on from these two; they've got enough character development as is, and I never thought their romance was that healthy to begin with. Shitty Martian arc for a season opener wasn't good, but they bounced back with Tigress and Cheshire's arc which was fucking amazing, and then it declined again. Nightwing not getting an arc of his own is pretty shitty, too. They should've spared us Rocket's arc and given him time to be more than Zatanna's "detective" card to play.

Villains escape because the writers enabled them to do so for stupid "zingers" to carry on into the next season, not because the heroes were believably outmaneuvered or overpowered.
Imagine Lor-Zod shoving two people out of the way to an escape route and everyone else stands around to let him run away, including Superman, including Connor, including M'Gann--people that can either match his strength and speed, or overpower his mind with ease and capture him. And everyone just... forgets the Light exists, lmao. Is no one monitoring them anymore when they were smart enough to infiltrate the League in S1, and everyone just... doesn't remember this? Outsiders was also what S3 was supposed to be about and they're hardly mentioned outside of Beast Boy's PTSD. You'd think using social media AGAINST the Light, like they did against Granny Goodness and Luther, would also be a smart play but this entire season is about Connor and nothing else so fuck that I guess.

I hope they abandon those two for the majority of S5 like they did Nightwing if greenlit. If not, sad to say, let the show end...

I watched the The Mentalist. It is an old TV series( started in 2008), but still one of the better ones I saw.

Back
Top Bottom