Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last TV show you watched

Squid Game, still recovering from 'One Lucky Day'. May as well have been one of the best TV moments I have ever witnessed...the show definitely deserves the praise it gets. Hope they don't milk it.

"When we were kids, we would play just like this, and our moms would call us in for dinner. But no one calls us anymore."

Kinda unimpressed on Hawkeye ep 1 and 2 since the Kate Bishop actress, to me, just cannot act; I'll continue sometime in the future because I like Jeremy Renner and think Hawkeye is an awesome character. Just can't do it right now.

But Book of Boba Fett, wow. I've seen better fight choreography in Power Rangers. Episode 1 was a fucking TRAVESTY that left Boba Fett and Fennec Shand humiliated. Fennec Shand has gotten super nerfed and Boba Fett has become really soft since we last saw them. How does a MASTER ASSASSIN not know how to accept a boost from Boba to jump over a row of shields and opts to just... kick them instead? And ho boy, Boba Fett, Mr. Bad Ass himself, not knowing how to activate a jetpack and fly over the assassins that have him surrounded to create an opening for Fennec to exploit. Now he needs bacta, something never alluded to in his first appearance in The Mandalorian but suddenly he's gotta sleep in a tank full of it.

Boba enlists a bunch of edgy teenagers to be his body guards but doesn't offer a job to the Wookiee that was beating the shit out of him (and should've easily won). That Wookiee ran a full stealth-build and snuck into the palace and was about to kill Boba 1v1 but Boba doesn't offer him a chance to work for him? I hope we see Krrsantan again, dude was a unit despite the awful writing that enabled him to even get there in the first place with zero explanation and ultimately lose.

Please get better.

Kinda unimpressed on Hawkeye ep 1 and 2 since the Kate Bishop actress, to me, just cannot act; I'll continue sometime in the future because I like Jeremy Renner and think Hawkeye is an awesome character. Just can't do it right now.

But Book of Boba Fett, wow. I've seen better fight choreography in Power Rangers. Episode 1 was a fucking TRAVESTY that left Boba Fett and Fennec Shand humiliated. Fennec Shand has gotten super nerfed and Boba Fett has become really soft since we last saw them. How does a MASTER ASSASSIN not know how to accept a boost from Boba to jump over a row of shields and opts to just... kick them instead? And ho boy, Boba Fett, Mr. Bad Ass himself, not knowing how to activate a jetpack and fly over the assassins that have him surrounded to create an opening for Fennec to exploit. Now he needs bacta, something never alluded to in his first appearance in The Mandalorian but suddenly he's gotta sleep in a tank full of it.

Boba enlists a bunch of edgy teenagers to be his body guards but doesn't offer a job to the Wookiee that was beating the shit out of him (and should've easily won). That Wookiee ran a full stealth-build and snuck into the palace and was about to kill Boba 1v1 but Boba doesn't offer him a chance to work for him? I hope we see Krrsantan again, dude was a unit despite the awful writing that enabled him to even get there in the first place with zero explanation and ultimately lose.

Please get better.
Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling Book of Boba is pretty meh.
For me, the last episode was incredibly lame in a few spots. The teens with 'tude mostly. They look way too clean for Tatooine, and they just seem... Bad, like a parody of cyberpunk stuff. That and the chase they had with the majordomo held all the excitement of a mobility scooter.

On a positive note, I picked up Thunderbolt fantasy. Wuxia? Fuck yeah. Puppets? Awesome. Wuxia puppets? Fucking awesome.

Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling Book of Boba is pretty meh.
For me, the last episode was incredibly lame in a few spots. The teens with 'tude mostly. They look way too clean for Tatooine, and they just seem... Bad, like a parody of cyberpunk stuff. That and the chase they had with the majordomo held all the excitement of a mobility scooter.

On a positive note, I picked up Thunderbolt fantasy. Wuxia? Fuck yeah. Puppets? Awesome. Wuxia puppets? Fucking awesome.

Bruh they look like they came out of Back To The Future II or some shit. Too clean, too colorful, and legit feel like they came straight out of Power Rangers or some shit. Cyberpunk Rangers. The chase was corny but to be honest I lost all interest in the episode after they did that cringe rollup to the mayor's office. They can still turn this shit around but Episode 3 was mediocre, more than the last two at least.

Bruh they look like they came out of Back To The Future II or some shit. Too clean, too colorful, and legit feel like they came straight out of Power Rangers or some shit. Cyberpunk Rangers. The chase was corny but to be honest I lost all interest in the episode after they did that cringe rollup to the mayor's office. They can still turn this shit around but Episode 3 was mediocre, more than the last two at least.

Pretty much. They just looked like a bad joke to me. Unironically made me think of power ranges between the vibrant multicolor scooters and the general gaudiness of them. Maybe they'd fit in better on another planet but on Tatooine they just look so out of place. The best parts of the show were with the Tusken raiders.

Pretty much. They just looked like a bad joke to me. Unironically made me think of power ranges between the vibrant multicolor scooters and the general gaudiness of them. Maybe they'd fit in better on another planet but on Tatooine they just look so out of place. The best parts of the show were with the Tusken raiders.

Now don't get me wrong, compared to the rest of the show in present day they're wonderful and show a different side to Tusken Raiders that isn't murdering and pillaging, but let me ask you: Why did he bother returning to them after killing that creature and saving that child when he was just slave labor for them at best? And then at the end he suddenly has their respect? And why was the Rodian determined not to escape from their village when they had the chance to flee with him in the dead of night?

I need to know these things. We need more character motivations revealed and less badly choreographed fights and chases.

Now don't get me wrong, compared to the rest of the show in present day they're wonderful and show a different side to Tusken Raiders that isn't murdering and pillaging, but let me ask you: Why did he bother returning to them after killing that creature and saving that child when he was just slave labor for them at best? And then at the end he suddenly has their respect? And why was the Rodian determined not to escape from their village when they had the chance to flee with him in the dead of night?

I need to know these things. We need more character motivations revealed and less badly choreographed fights and chases.
There's no reason for him to have done so - it's somewhat contrived I'll agree. I don't necessarily enjoy Boba being this noble, seemingly upstanding dude. I always figured if he had a real personality, he'd be a consummate professional who sees this as a career and perhaps a point of pride in his skills. Not necessarily cruel or malicious, but not really heroic either. But hey, the effects are great and it's something to do on wednesdays after my D&D game so I'll watch the entire season I guess.

Anyway I don't really want to sound like a debbie downer about Boba Fett. I will say the costuming, effects, and music are all pretty good. Like, these are the sort of effects I've wanted to see in TV shows since I was a kid.

There's no reason for him to have done so - it's somewhat contrived I'll agree. I don't necessarily enjoy Boba being this noble, seemingly upstanding dude. I always figured if he had a real personality, he'd be a consummate professional who sees this as a career and perhaps a point of pride in his skills. Not necessarily cruel or malicious, but not really heroic either. But hey, the effects are great and it's something to do on wednesdays after my D&D game so I'll watch the entire season I guess.

Anyway I don't really want to sound like a debbie downer about Boba Fett. I will say the costuming, effects, and music are all pretty good. Like, these are the sort of effects I've wanted to see in TV shows since I was a kid.

The change in character happened too quickly. I'm led to assume the past flashbacks will show us why he went from a man who only cared about profits to a man who cared about people, so much so that he'll take disrespect from a bunch of Cyberpunk kids when he's clearly holding a rifle that could drop them all dead in seconds. I, and a lot of people, just want this change to make sense. I'm already unimpressed that he walked back to his slavers with zero explanation for why. How hard would it have been to have him say that he didn't know the way to Anchorhead from where they were, or have him refuse to leave the injured child behind to suffer and die, showing a noble trait the audience could get behind? Way more options than what we got, which is simply "being a slave is fun"...

It's not being a debbie downer at all, it's just pointing out problems with the show. I like Mandalorian and I know it's hilariously flawed, and I'm not tripping on anyone liking BoBF either. It's entertaining, with its own ups and downs. I just want it to be as good as it could be, and I'm met with mediocrity. Hope it gets better!

Other than the effects and cinematography Boba hasn't been impressing me too much, then again I'm someone who liked The Mandalorian but didn't obsess over it like a lot of my friends. Both series are alright for now, even though there are moments that felt "okay" and others that felt pointless with some odd decisions in-between.

Archive 81. It's Lovecraft x files 666 park avenue
Station eleven. Super triggering post apoc, dystopian, post disease

Peacemaker

I was super fucking pissed at this dude for what he pulled in The Suicide Squad but they made this piece of shit someone you could sympathize with, to a degree. Vigilante is the best character on the show; slow start but Episode 4 sold me on him as the best character next to Eagly, because listen to that name, it's fucking adorable.

The newest episode of Walker, followed by the newest episode of The Curse of Oak Island. Had to catch up on both of them, as I missed them the nights they aired.

just rewatched Bridgerton - I love this show, but I'm sad that Regé-Jean Page won't be in the second season. I understand why but still :c

Interrogation (on Paramount Plus), which was canceled after season one but it's a self-contained story anyway. Neat concept for a crime drama: the season jumps to various points in a twenty-year-long timeline, starting when a stoner in the 70s gets arrested for his mother's murder, and ending in the 90s when the case is finally resolved. It was made with the gimmick that you can watch the eps in any order (except for the first and the last), and put the evidence together as you see it unfold, but it's really just that: a gimmick. I watched each episode in the order of release, and I couldn't imagine it feeling very different if I'd randomly jumped around. Good story, though!

Kaamelott, dnf
Dune, very good aesthetics, hard as a reader, but someone who loves the world without reading, like my husband, will be delighted

1883 is soooo dark. I stopped after the mom and daughter

I think it was Call The Midwife. Which has been a favorite of mine since it premiered in 2012, I think it was. I'd like to thank my friend (who will remain unnamed, even though he's not here) for getting me hooked on it all that time ago.

Can't wait for season 10 to drop on Netflix.

Back
Top Bottom