Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

GuardianAngel-We chimed in- fluffypuppy77

Lifting the thing out before the general had even finished walking over- the top was ripped off with a black flick. The general's human form was merely a spell, the bird was near by having used his steel sharpened feathers to slice it open. "Oh good, it came on time." the clacky tone under his human speech as the spell caught up to the landing harpy. Hands lifted out a brown oblong item that he held high as well.
"Cover your ears." Hunter did as he said and covered his own ears as he dropped the package.
"BOYS!!! THE GAME IS BACK ON!!!" a replica Earth American Football was held aloft in his claws and the whole yard cheered.
"They popped the other one last week.... Now you'll see training in full effect, stand back." Hunter suggested as the Harpy vanished in a blink, and the whole set of soldiers scrambled for their bunks and gear.
Riot gear, hard helmets and un registered leg mechanics were put on and team stripes were on faces as they gathered on a large expanse of the yard. "They go hard and fast on their version of the game...." Hunter thumbed behind him towards the dry inside and headed that way himself. "Even in the pouring rain, they dont like to miss the chance to show off. Better than bathroom time being hogged by measuring."

This game didnt have that many set rules, but it allowed him to be a speed demon and with the leg servos for all the teams, they could keep up. It was great for the harpy to fly the fastest he could under his glamour and still look like a human to them. He was grinning too, in both forms. Kingdom well taken care of.

Blaire was just watching for a moment in time before she found herself following after Hunter, towards the dry inside. "One game that I don't plan on getting involved in." she was mumbling after a moment in time as she just watched them. It hadn't taken them long to get their gear, or even to get it on. Yet again it was pretty obvious that they were more than excited to be able to play their game once again. She was just watching for a moment in time before she was just leaning against a railing as she was watching for the time being, not really saying anything at all. Not much to really say as she just studied what was happening. Taking in the teams for a moment in time.

There was no hesitation to Hunter's action as he ducked and pushed her head down to under the window as the mech enhanced speeding ball broke through the window. A flick to the door knob and there was a small shish of wind as Carth was in the place; no glamour on; and back out like he had never left the field. No player in the rain questioned why he suddenly had the ball and no one cared as long as they could keep playing.
Closing it and releasing the girl, Hunter stood back up and continued on his way down the hall. "Gyms probably open if you wanted to keep training inside but I won't stop you from sitting on the heated lounge chairs for a bit. Dry of course." Hunter gave their newest a wave just as a short bell rang in the hall. "Right, breakfast."

Blaire was a bit startled when she was all of a sudden being pushed down under the window, at least not until she heard the shattering of the window. Well that explained it, and as soon as she had been pushed down, she was allowed back up. Hunter didn't even seemed fazed by it at all which had her question, "You ever join in on their game? Or do you just watch from the sidelines and hope you don't get smacked by the ball?" She continued after him although at the mention of the gym probably being open for indoor training, or he was commenting that he wouldn't stop her from sitting on a heated lounge chair for a bit. Now that was a bit tempting. Kill some of the cramps before they got worse than what they were.

Her eyes did flicker towards the bell and Hunter was mentioning that it was breakfast time. Now that sounded even better than anything at that point in time/.

“I played one game my first year here; woke up two days later with a face full of bruises from a blown up wonky servo leg and a bunch of burn gel on my chest. I don’t touch the game now.” He waved her forward as he hurried the halls and grabbed a tray for food. He didn’t mind telling people about himself, he wasn’t a shy guy. But the faster they got to the counter the more food choices they had before all the others exploded in from the mud.

Blaire was giving a nod of her head before she was musing "So avoid the game unless you feel like waking up in the hospital, got it." With that she was wandering after him to get some food. Food and then she was going to go shcange into some dry clothes. But food first. Before the mud covered people came piling in.

She was getting a tray of food and taking a random seat before she was studying Hunter for a moment. "So... Tell me more about this siren problem."

"Right, we only gave the run down and you are from the homeland." A fork of food and he then guarded his plate from a thumping of the table. The only time Carth didnt mind the mud was when it was for a game; and the bird was absolutely covered in it. There was a sharp smile on the glamoured face as he had sat down with a heaping of breakfast meat and more meat... very little potatoes and a huge glass of colored water.
"Win?"
"Nah! But we put up a good fight! We go against YellowEyes in a few days if we dont go a hunting."
"On that note, I was just going to tell the captain here about the situation."
"Sure, sure."
"So our island is the lusher of the pair out here but there is a bunch of sirens... mermaids.... soul takers, what ever you main landers call them; that roam the shipping lanes and try to lure sailors off." A few bites of his breakfast and he growled to the harpy as he tried to take his bacon. Back on topic; "About six month ago, a whole pod of them swam up in to the canyon that we all patrol and started to stay to hunt there. We lost a whole bunch of men the first month or two because we didnt realize what was going on when they never came back from it. We only heard news really about it from the village down stream that a bunch of men went awol in the night but the woman were all fine. So this was the last straw for that pod; they got to comfortable in a populated area instead of their normal fishing routes that its high time to dispose of them and send them back to sea."

Blaire just looked over as the door was opening up and mud covered men were coming into the hall. Man was this place going to be something fun to clean up. She took a bite out of her food just raising an eyebrow about the game, and going up against somebody named YellowEyes. Nope she wasn't going to ask at that point in time, turned her full towards what Hunter was saying. Sounded like the situation had gotten a little more dangerous than what she had though, and HQ was more or less twittling their fingers on the response it seemed like.

Yet again she was pursing her lips for a moment in a thoughtful look before she spoke, "You know... I believe I know a way to get a faster response from HQ. The fact that there are civilians in this vicinity that are feeling the effects of this. It wouldn't be hard to reach out to the village leader and have them send out that message asking for help." With that she was sipping at some orange juice and just watching as a few of the guys goofed off. Not like it was anything unusual.

And there was the mud being flung on accident that she had been waiting for, as one of the guys started to talk with his hands. Straight into the back of Hunter's head. This had her putting a hand to her mouth and she was giggling a bit.

The Male felt the splat of mud and sighed as the two laughed around him. He didnt seem to react other then that before speaking; "Thats a good idea, I'll put that call for the help." A bite of food before Hunter leaned back to wipe the mud to the floor. This seemed to be extremely common for the soldiers and took it all in stride.

"YellowEyes..." he thumbed behind him at the table, spinning thumb to include the whole table and Carth nodded. Ah the team for next round, that would be why they were boisterous at the breakfast table. "I see, so any plans on beating them?"
"Ah, not yet, I'll talk with the boys at lunch." the harpy was done with his meal and wanting to steal more off the other ones plates but knew better to mess with Hunters meals now, armed with a fork. Seconds weren't a thing at breakfast, so he would have to deal with it until lunch.
"Then make sure they clean this up before you do, no slipping."
"Yes, dad." the harpy teased and brought his stuff back up to the end of the cafe.

Blaire was just watching for a moment, just chuckling ever so slightly. She nibbled on a piece of bacon before she spoke, "You two remind me of siblings or something." After a moment in time she was finishing her food and was getting up from the table so that she could go and take her stuff to the end of the cafe as well. The guys that were around were quite boisterous that was for sure, although it didn't really feel like an army base camp at all. Not all the time anyways.

Siblings? More like Master and super close helper. The bird hopped on one foot to open the can up as he dumped the recyclables in their one. Food trash, him, a harpy who could crush bones? Never.
"I think well when Im playing ball and I had a thunk." Oh, human vernacular and it didnt sound strained in his odd tongue... "The bees liked you, feel like being permanent keeper to them seeing as thats not going to work out with Keef?" he asked as kept the thing open for her to dump what she had.
As he did so, something on his person beeped and the beast flinched before twitching his head sharply on his shoulder- in turn slapping his ear and the small holo screen blinked on.
~YOU FINALLY ANSWER!!!~ came the loud voice of some female's screeching tone... ~IVE BEEN TRYING FOR DAYS YOU BIRD BRAIN! Dont!!....~ but the words stopped as the male flinched again to turn it off... Shit! Did Anderson hear the bird speak??? Probably.... shit.... Talons shut the lid and promptly began to push the captain out of the cafeteria with a not to be argued with force of nature.

Blaire was chuckling a bit as she was dumping her food into the trash, although she was raising an eyebrow at the mention of how the bees seemed to like her, and him wondering if she was wanting to be their keeper. "How exactly do they like me?" she couldn't help but wonder as she turned to look at him, although it wasn't long before something strangely was happening.
Small holo screen blinking on and then there was a screeching on the other end.
Wait..... Was that a bird speaking? That was definitely a bird speaking.
Not that she was able to question anything more as she was being pushed out of the cafeteria. Even if she had wanted to remain in the cafeteria that obviously wasn't going to happen at that point in time.

With the slapping of the door behind them, the harpy continued to shove the woman down the hall; had she paid close attention, the “hands” on her shoulder were three claws that flickered in and out of glamour between passing lights as he got her outside, back in the hated rain.
“What did you hear!? What could you understand?!” The General yelled now, to her, but not to her ear as he let go and circled the woman in the mud. Passing each window light revealed him more of a feathered beast then the human in the dark. He had taken the dust but in stressful situation and him not paying attention the glamour could flicker.

Blaire was beyond startled when she was more or less getting shoved down the hallway, and before she knew it she was finding herself back outside in the rain. Yet she had seen some rather strange things... or she was almost certain that she had seen something. Three claws instead of a hand on her shoulder... and she swore to god that she had seen what almost looked to be feathers when they passed by windows. What the hell was even going on?
And now he was yelling at her. Asking her what she had heard, what she had understood. No at that point in time the only thing she found herself feeling was frightened... of him.
"I..... I....It sounded like bird noises.... I didn't understand any of it...." Blaire stammered. Oh he wasn't the only one who almost lost their "glamour" when in stressful situations. Such as this. Her masculine voice did end up slipping a little bit, she sounded more like herself... but only for a brief moment.

A loud hiss was her answer as the glamour fully melted in the rain. Mid morning grey light caught all the feathers and tail shakes as he almost hopped his circling of the woman.
Carth wanted to do badly throw that communicator out and smash it... but replacement were near nothing out here.
“You can’t tell. You can no longer speak to anyone here. Only Hunter. ONLY HUNTER. Do you understand, Captain Anderson!? I am rendering you mute now. You no longer have the right to speak while you are here at this base.”
Carth didn’t yell but he made his solid point as he shook off his wings and seemed about ready to pounce had she said other wise.
He knew that he really shouldn’t loose any more soldiers; he needed them to get rid of the sirens. But if she ran to tattle and tell he was a hated monster leading their army here; that was good bye...

Blaire just wiped all emotion off of her face as she listened to his words. If there had been a fear that he would be hated by her ever, well now this was one of those times. Although his words.... She would listen to his command. She was only allowed to speak to Hunter, so Hunter was the only person that she would speak to. She wouldn't even speak to Adam at all, so there was no words being spoken to affirm that she had heard his command. No instead she was just giving a curt not before she was actually turning and walking away from him. Did she go back inside? Nope she stayed outside in the rain, not even seeming to be bothered by it at all. She had seen his true form when the glamour had been shed off, yet she hadn't found herself afraid of him then, she hadn't wanted to hate him at all. If anything she had been more confused by the fact that he wasn't completely human.
Yet him deciding to take away her freedom of speech.... that is what had her hating him. And she was definitely going to make him regret those words. And she was going to absolutely enjoy it as well. Yeah she was quite the vengeful woman at times.

There was heavy breathing as Hunter showed up, behind the clearly miffed bird- whom despite hating the rain had yet to go back in either.
“General.. I...” but teeth, meant for sheering flesh from bones, snapped at his face faster then the human could touch him. The series of screeches and clacking had the king of the base backing his human helper against the wall before a chunk of cement grey dust poofed in to exsistance from a speedy kick, by the male shoulder.
The dust faded and the harpy was gone.
“Over reacting butt.” Hunter muttered like it didn’t faze him, though his hand shook.
“Alrighty then.” The gunner clapped his hands; to get started and to grab Blaires attention; “So. You heard Harpy talk. That’s fine.” The rain pelting the man seemed to make him older then normal. There was slight glamour on him but not affected enough to fade. He was human, he had been here the amount of time Carth had been told. Yet magic ran in his fingers. “What we need to do now is get you some riot armor.” Acting as if Carth hadn’t just added her to his trophies.... trophy? No... the start of his harem proper... now.... how to explain that to the marks woman....

Blaire was looking back towards the noise, only to see that it was Hunter. Oh the only person that she was allowed to speak to, which almost had her smirking a bit. Nope she was grateful that the damn harpy, or at least that is what Hunter had called, that creature. "Tell me about it. If he was concerned I was going to see him as a monster.... He shouldn't have decided to take away one of the most basic rights. But being that he did that.... I'm going to have some fun with it. He said I could only talk to you, and only you." she spoke with a slight hum, her eyes almost seeming to sparkle slightly as she stood outside, a smirk on her lips.
Sure perhaps that was a slightly bitchy move on her part, but that is what she was going to do regardless. That was her way of getting back at the over-reacting jerk. Reminded her of a freaking teenager who hadn't gotten their way!
She was raising an eyebrow when Hunter mentioned riot armor. What did she need riot armor for? Which had her questioning about it. Did they actually have something going on now? She knew that at first they had just been waiting around for the HQ to tell them what to do next.

“Well.... um....” the man scratched his scalp before walking towards the armory.
“So.... right... Harpies are just... pests on the main land... but uh... At this base, General Adam... Carth really... he is the king here.. I don’t know how he got through all the screenings but he is king.” Hunter tried to explain as he walked her through the rain to the other building. “But...” he grunted for a second at the heavy door and went in. The “Armory” had a few guns and a shield in it- the other soldiers kept their gear for football- yet the heavy gunner moved to the back wall. “But Kings don’t rule by themselves... if you are going to play annoyed and only talk to me; than I advise this.” He pressed a code in the pattern of the wall and it rolled open. A wall of stun rods, bats and a spike bracer of sorts glittered in the florescent lights. “He knows this is here, we get the occasional migrators trying to make the island home, but it also keeps him in line too. I call it Riot gear... but it’s more like tantrum gear.” Hunter shuffled his sleeve down to show the metal bracers and the small stun stick on his side.
“Carth told me to keep him from being his father and I have been, but kings need queens too.” The gunner mage shrugged as he started looking for Blaires size. “His words were and I quote: Don’t loose track of her, I like her, she’s got a good brain and smell.” Drawers were opened in the back and closed as he kept looking for something. “He doesn’t normally say that about any body.. having a nice smell I mean. He nearly bit another lady officer because she smelled of lies and blood... she was caught cheating a month later. So you smelling nice is actually really good. Even if you hate it right now.”

Blaire was following after him into the "armory" and then looked at the wall that was filled with metal bracers and stun rods. Which truly had her wondering what the hell they were even dealing with. In the end she was deciding to snag a few of the things, not like it was going to hurt at all. Although she was rolling her eyes at the comment of keeping track of her.
"You know... he made the comment that the bees liked me. If I really wanted to get away. I would go and hang out with them for a while." she was commenting as she folded her arms behind her head. All she had to do was keep singing or humming, that was something that she could do easily enough. Or perhaps there would be that chance that she didn't need to do that and all, and she could just be around them for the sake of being around them.

“Did he?” A slap of a drawer and the man came over to hand her two things: a new patch for her jacket, one of their team and a communicator.
“Carth will still want to give you commands when we fight the sirens, you don’t have to talk but at least respond some how when he worries. He is still a good leader here and has taken a lot of his own kind out.” Back to the secret door, he waited until he could close it up. “Keeps the base and the few towns nearby safe. Might not be in the base bubble but he’s not a hoarding god like his dad.” The shivered at the stories he was told of the generals father and his atrocity’s to woman.
“Pray you never meet that beast. Carth is tame compared to that.. thing. His sister is a nightmare too...” probably with out meaning to, giving a face to the bird that was yelling on the mans holo screen.

Blaire was giving a nod and was taking the patch that was being handed over to her and then took the communicator.
There was a faint scoff when he was stating that she should respond some how when he worried. Sure she would look at him and nod, her way of letting him know that she was acknowledging what he said. Although other than that she wasn't going to really say anything at all to him. Not for a while anyways. Soon enough she was exiting the secret room so that he could get it closed up. Her eyebrow was raising at the comment about praying that she never met some beast. And something about a hoarding god. "I really don't want to know at all." was all she could say before she was folding her hands behind her head, then made a comment that she was really hoping that they heard something back about if they could go and hunt the damn sirens. She was wanting something to do.

“Well you can come in to the communication room, see if we can ring up the nearby village for their own push for safety?” Hunter offered, flipped the lights out... but stopped at the exit door, a hand on the hidden stun baton.
There was a harpy in the yard, far bigger then their Carth.. and by chest heaving alone, she was a pissed off creature.
“Get that gun...” Hunter whispered and pointed at the lone box on a shelf with out once looking away from the mud stomping bird “It has one shot, aim for her neck.” Great, speak of the devil bird herself... it would tranq her, allowing them to move her off property and away from the base and their eating soldiers.
Hey now! She didn’t need to tip the TODDA over!

Blaire was giving a nod of her head before she was commenting, "Sounds like an idea to me. Something to do." Yet again as soon as they were walking outside, they found themselves looking at the large bird like creature that was within the yard. A very pissed off looking thing, and Hunter was whispering to her to grab the gun on the shelf. Now that was something that she could do. With that she was silently moving away and grabbing the box, pulling out the gun. A single shot was all she had, and she was aiming for the neck. Now that was something that she could do, despite the wind and rain. She was letting out a slow breath of air and seemed to take aim, pulling the trigger without hesitation whatsoever.

The pop of the safety had the birds twisting and facing the pair in the door. She was pissed but only at her brother for ignoring her calls for so long. A claw out as if to start words but she was already on the mud by the first breath of a “where”. “Quick quick, towards the bees.. damn she’s heavy!” Hunter ordered his higher ranked companion as he tried to lift one shoulder and wing. They wouldn’t tie her up, that was dumb but at least store her in the shed near the bees. It was sort of a grunting hum as they got her in the building and closed the door.
Hunter had learned to understand the clicks of Carth... but speak, no. “General! General Ferth! I have a feathered by the semi!” He was yelling on his com unit but like the twitched call in the cafe- he was holding a button on it instead of a free channel.

The patter of the rain was broken by a crunch of the shed’s roof. “She was tearing up the yard, flipped TODDA and was looking in the cars. Didn’t ask, just had her sleep.” Hunter pointed to both the shed and Blaire.

You managed to actually hit her? Good job.” A compliment again for the woman, and jumped off the roof, a look at Hunter.. “One shot, it needs a refill for next time your siblings visit.”

Back
Top Bottom