Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

GuardianAngel-We chimed in- fluffypuppy77

Blaire was just watching for a moment in time although she was almost cringing in sympathy when she heard the man's pissed off voice scolding the men, and telling them to get their stuff cleaned up. And then they were being told to have the rest of the barrack clean up all of their stuff, or the entire fort was going to be losing their days down. She was just leaning against the wall for a moment although she didn't try to enter the room, merely listened to everything. There was a faint chuckle that passed from her lips as she remembered being in those situations before. Now a lot of the times it had been her that did the yelling more than getting yelled at.
"I mean... I did arrive earlier than what anybody had anticipated." Blaire was pointing out after a brief moment in time before she was pushing off of the wall and was actually peering through the doorway and into the barracks. Yeah it was definitely a mess which had her chuckling before she spoke, "Man this is like walking into a college student's room."

"Doesnt matter if you were early. This is just a shithole that shouldn't have been left this long." there seemed to be a low hiss in his common tongue as he left the room and continued down the rows of barracks, peering in each on to see the crew of E5 speed cleaning the places. "As long as I can walk through when I come back after dinner then they are all safe."
Yet again there was a crunch under his 'boots' as he hit the farthest and darkest barrack. "Forgive the place here; A1 isn't used much except storage right now, but you can have the captain's quarters in the back to your self." What he had crunched upon was seed shells. "They told me when I started here they thought this place haunted. I stayed here for a month to prove them wrong, I found nothing- it really isn't. But they still refuse to sleep here." he shrugged and turned the door open easily. Most of the bunks in side were shoved in the corner and the other side had old file cabinets in it; one corner seemed to have a mound of blankets in it- oh right, his old nest... he should get rid of that... but the back room was clear of any trash of any kind. "We can get clean sheets and blankets after dinner for you, let it air out for a bit."

Blaire just followed after him, listening to what he had to say about the barracks. Man would anybody just love having her around as well. Have the time if she saw a mess like this, she would end up cleaning it up. And that was the worse thing that could happen; somebody else cleaning up your mess. You wouldn't know where any of your stuff went, which was punishment enough for just leaving everything laying around.
Soon enough they had arrived at another building which had her just looking around a bit. A bit dark, and on the gloomy side but that wasn't a huge deal at all, that was something that she could easily fix up in the end. She was raising an eyebrow at the mention of the place being haunted which had her making a comment that they all sounded like cowards if anything.

"Yeah... but that was years ago..." Oh best not spill his age to the human... he was older then most of the majors and generals alive today... didnt look it which was great; still a 'chick' compared to his fathers 300 something. "They all left already, served their continent and what not." Carth had nothing left to show this woman, and 'Adam' had nothing else to add about the army here. "Free day is still active. Good job on the bees; not many even want to be around them. So.... see you at training tomorrow."

The General left the girl a sheet he had tucked in his pocket, a fading map of the camp he had been given his first day here. Little dashes formed some sort of language but they all indicated short cuts around the place; that his wings wouldn't let him fly through; best he gave it over to a new one too, for the help he got in the beginning. He might be the king around here- keeping them in line and the monsters out of his fort- but he was not a cruel ruler... much....

When he made it back to the main building, Hunter was still at his desk. He gave the harpy a quick smile when he sank in the bean bag chair he pulled from the closet- his throne that fit his tail feathers. "You good?" the other soldier asked as the beast left his glamour and was his feathered self.
A series of clicks on his teeth and the human bobbed his head. Carth taught him that language, he needed to when he found out- it was just easier on the birds mouth. "I see.... good on her for getting through the day and your presence...." but more clicks came that had him frowning... "You dont think thats true, you never did........" hands raised at the next clicks and the harpy slumping even more in the deep beans... "Hey; not my call... they were right about needing a sniper, I looked up her back ground, damn good to be a captain and still under your command. I gave HQ a call, they will see about the ok tomorrow or day after- Theres some rough patch in Holp they were needed at."
---

Blaire was taking the piece of paper from him after he had made a comment about how the free day was still active and stating that she had done a good job around the bees. Soon enough he was leaving the place, which left her in her own thoughts for a little bit. She was pushing some of her hair out of her face before she was deciding to look around the barracks that she was standing, tidy some stuff up, especially in the captain's quarters. Not much to really clean it seemed like, but she was going to do a little bit anyways. She was drawing a brush out of her bag, which she had been carrying with her before taking her longer hair out of the ponytail so that she could brush it out, and was soon enough braiding it, retying it off.
"Lets go check out that obstacle course." she was muttering to herself before she was pulling something else out of her bag. Different clothes, considering it was a free day. She didn't have to wear the uniform so she wasn't going to. Instead she was pulling on a pair of athletic workout pants and a sports bra, which she was pulling a tank top over. After that she was heading out of the barracks, and just studying the map for a bit. Mind as well check out some of the marked areas that were around her. Shortcuts as she soon learned.

He loathed the morning bell but he never disobeyed it; even if he nearly owned this whole place. Hunter was the first to see the harpy, even morning- up before it even rang- he didnt know when the man slept, if at all; he wasn't a beast that was for sure....
"Glamour on?" the soldier in green asked the feathered mess and got a grumble- it was on shortly after. Was always the first words for him, sometimes it was most it wasn't. He was glad the man reminded him....
'Boots' clacked down the hall until he headed outside, smushing with a disgusted face companion in to mud. Cold rain pelted the harpy and the mud beneath his claws was nasty.
But here he was.... hurrying over the yard to the barracks to check the cleaning job he forced E5 to do and flicking his muddy claws back behind him when he hit drier steps. Not bad on their part, walkable at least; the other few barracks the same situation but all had groggy men.... It slipped his mind to check on the girl as he made the men march out to the course for a warm up.... then back in to the large gym. By this time, Hunter had set up the place with headphones and a large speaker system.
"Sir... Anderson." Hunter reminded him after arriving in the dry place. Oh right, they had a new recruit... and he forgot to get her.... "Be right back." hope she hadn't been standing at attention this whole time....

The next morning came around rather quickly, and with it came Blaire rising with the bell. She was stretching a bit and was actually cursing being a female at times, especially considering last night, thankfully after she had finished going through the obstacle course, there had been an unwanted visitor. Thank god she was always prepared for that, no matter what. But this is what proved to the guys on her old team that she was more than capable to keeping up with them, especially on the days when the pain was incredibly bad. Crippling almost. This morning was one of those days yet she was still awake and getting dressed, making sure that her hair was up in its usual tight braid before she was walking out of the room.
It was almost as if she had known that the male would have forgotten about her, which is probably why she hadn't bothered even standing at attention. Definitely not proper of her to skip doing that, but honestly formalities could be skipped at times. Nope early morning, which meant training. Which is exactly what had her leaving the barracks to head off towards the gym.
Who would have figured that as she was leaving, she would find herself not only spotting Adam in the distance, but being pelted by the cold rain. Well she hadn't quite anticipated the rain, considering while it was raining hard, from where she had been she hadn't heard it at all. "Good morning, General." she spoke with a small salute. Now she would actually stand at attention.

Well, it was a good thing the Harpy didnt need to be in the rain for too long to find the woman; she was already here. At her salute, he waved it down with no formality. He didnt really like that stuff, even if he had to do it to the higher ups. "Good, you're already here. We were just getting started." he pointed in to the gym, shook off his feet and went to the front. This was all Hunters idea... let him explain.

"Good morning Fort." The soldier said cheerfully as he stood at the front. There was a grumbled 'morning', this though got a glare. "Good morning."
Those that watched perked right up, their next reply was much louder. "Thats better. We are here to try and train against the canyon sirens. I had an idea come across my desk... sound, to fight sound... oh, you made it. Fort, this is our newest member, Officer Blaire Anderson. This was partly her idea. Now, some work better with sound while others dont, but all of us will need something to block out their calls." His hand went to the system to pat it. "This was recorded by one of the Navy woman on the trip here; I contacted her late yesterday and it got here at midnight. SO! Every one find something to listen to, if you hear this call then you are doing it wrong."

Blaire was giving a chuckle before she was following after him towards the gym and was inclining her head in greeting towards everybody. Oh hey they were actually taking her suggestion to try and fight sound against sound. And even then in the canyon, if she happened to be close enough she could also intervene if needed. She could help. Although she already knew that a number of them probably weren't going to accept her help at all, not that it truly bothered her. Some of them looked to be far too prideful and wouldn't ask for help at all.

Many soldiers standing at their front were bobbing their head to what ever their choice was, but all were trying their best to stay at attention. A press to his ear again and the comm unit beeped to life with Carth’s words of “Trial one.” And Hunter pressed the play on the recording. The loud speakers in the gym began to vibrate with a low echoey tune that only a few men moved towards. Carth had an odd white noise in his one ear; yes he too wanted to go towards it but only barely, the noise canceled it out.
Trial over. A6, your unit step forth.” He told them as the speakers stopped.

“How’s your head, Anderson?” Hunter asked their newest as she stood off to the side of the group.

Last edited:
Blaire was just watching for a moment, currently leaning against the wall. Well it had seemed to work a bit, although there were still some that moved forward. But this was only a few, that was better than all.

"Huh? My head...?" Blaire spoke, a bit confused by the males question. Yet again she had been zoning out a bit. And she was in pain, but for reasons she really didn't want to get into. Her eyes flickered towards the group that had walked forward although it wasn't long before she was stating to Hunter that she had a question for them. The choice of music of those who had taken a step forward.

“I’m not a medic, Anderson... but I can tell eyes twitches from pain to lying... and you weren’t speaking so it must be pain.” The officer held an open palm up to offer support to the girl who, even if she wasn’t horrible affected by the sirens, looked nauseous. Hand still out as the General and Hunter listened to the question asked of the men.
Those that were called out turned their provided phones over-Only two it seemed had chosen the classic verity and the others a mix of hard noises and worded songs. Those shouldn’t have had the summoning affect...
Report to medical for an ear check. If that’s not loud enough for you to block that out.. you might need to stay back.” Adam told the men as they frowned- a whole unit not getting in on the action wasn’t right.. But there had to a factor that their ears couldn’t concentrate on...

He left Hunter with the girl and the other soldiers as he went, sharply speeding away over the mud on with to A6’s bunks....

Blaire just looked towards Hunter before she was speaking, "I am a woman. The pain occurs monthly, but I'll survive." Nope she wasn't going into more detail than that. Hopefully he could put two and two together with those words, although if he didn't then she figured that she would go into detail about it. She brushed a few strands of hair out of her face as she listened to what the others had been listening to. With that she was looking towards a few of those that hadn't been affected by the summoning effect, asking them what they had been listening to. Blaire was looking towards Adam and Hunter for a brief moment in time although she didn't say anything. No she was merely musing over what else they could do to so that the entire unit didn't need to stay back.

"Ah, Mother Nature visiting. Secret, The chairs in the common room are heated if you need back help... We hide the remotes above the blinds." Hunter whispered, and turned back to the men. He dismissed the unaffected crew to get to the weights and training- headphones on full blast.
Those afflicted had been sent to the med bay for ear checks, leaving him and Blaire.
"You're in a safe zone here, you know. A lot of the guys might be too proud to admit it but we got the shopping for that back under our belts on the main land. And we can always order you over night shipping for stuff from the sailors that come everyday. Yeah... come on, follow me; Capt." Hunter mused a second before summoning her along with a hand. "Lets get your bunk in ship shape, what do you need to order?" Hunter had never been a fan of the outdoors so the desk jobs were his friends... Yes he trained on heavy guns but never really wanted to use his 'Princess'- despite how well he took care of the gun.

"Patrols already went out, if you were going to question Car........Adam..... He's good at sending them out like that, keeps the zone safe and the bees...I dont think we explained those bees to you did we?" Hunter yammered on as he led the woman through the halls back to the central office at the fort. He was a proud soldier and a great help to the bird, and the bird knew it. "We brought them with us from the mainland, and the soil here mutated them in to what you saw, which is why we try to keep them alive and cool. We dont really know why they went like that and the science division on out neighboring island sends out their people here every day to study them. They like being cooled... but not the freezing lands of their place so they cant bring them back.... come in." the office was the same as her first arrival yesterday, but the desk was cleared, a box of the bee was on his chair and the squishy throne beanbag chair was hidden away. It looked... different yet was the same one. "Here, here." he patted the seat across from his and booted up the holographic screen from the center of his desk.

Blaire was chuckling for a brief moment in time before she spoke, "The one downfall of being a woman." With that she was listening as he mentioned something about the chairs being heated in the common room. Oh now that was a nice piece of information to know, and then he was mentioning that he was in a safe zone. With that she was tilting her head a bit before she was commenting, "I wasn't too concerned about anything like that." After that she was following after him at the mention of getting her bunk in ship shape, and asking what she was needing to order. Good question, she hadn't even thought about that which had her commenting that she did need to think about that.

"No the bees weren't explained. Although I have to say... they were quite beautiful. Even if I was slightly terrified." Blaire was commenting before she listening to what else he had to say about them. She was gazing around the room as they arrived into the room which had her taking a seat in the spot that he was indicating. Oh this chair was quite comfortable.

Spinning the screen to let her chose what she needed, Hunter was scribbling her choices on a journal. He didnt even look at the door way when he pointed his pen at the young lass. Adam was back with a snappy step as he set a device on the desk. "A6's bunks is about 3 time louder than any other barracks. I found this speaker set up in the ceiling...." He told his crewmate. There was annoyance in the birds tongue as Hunter tried to stop him from talking. "Stop....." and he pointed again to the girl in the room. His voice was his screeching creature tones, and while Hunter under stood it, he doubted it sounded good to the soldier.

"Ms Blaire. Your order will be here in no time. Please go to the front gate and drop this off in the Red box; thats the out going mail one. Then head back to the training yard; I want to see your skill with something." The lower level agent asked the woman who was his higher officer to do a menial task.... but he needed to talk to the bird....

Blaire was just looking towards Hunter for a moment in time as she was just picking a few things although it wasn't long before Adam seemed to come into the room. Very snappy it seemed and he was making very strange noises. Almost painful to the ear actually and she was a bit grateful when Hunter seemed to get him to quiet down and she was taking what he was handing her to drop off. "Yeah I can do that." she was speaking and was soon enough heading out of the room.

What the hell had that been about? And why the heck had Adam sounded like a.... well those were similar to bird noises. Or at least that is what she had thought anyways, although she was shaking off that thought right away. She was just going to drop the stuff off and was heading off towards the training yard just as Hunter had asked. Not that any of that really took long, so while she was waiting, Blaire was just going to stretch out a bit.

"Watch your words..." Hunter hissed at the now de glamoured bird- his feathers ruffled. "I see the speaker. No, this is not sabotage; this was applied for and granted...." the man explained as he flipped over the small object- checking the code. "They must just play their music on full blast, which is why they were effected." he had his hands now waving slowly in the birds vision.
If he had learned one thing about him that he didnt seem to know is that he focused on one thing to attack- and he could not allow him to ruin his desk. The hand motion was to draw his eyes away and tune his ears back to actually hear him and not gloss over it.
"We loose 10 people to waiting and not death is a better out come for your push back on the sirens." the shorter human had his harpy's attention again and let the beast snap quickly at the gloves he was wearing, clanking on the creatures teeth before it calmed down.

Carth normally expected flesh to be chewed when he bit, not to be met with heavy metal; jarring him enough he blinked himself back in to a sorta shocked calm as he took in the human soldiers words. "Need all though..." still the grating screechy tone of his kind but more chilled than his entrance.
"I know, sir. They have been taking a lot of our people... but you have to save what you can with out loosing more then you are working for. Get back in your glamour." A pat to the birds wings and the Harpy took note that he had lost the spell at some point. "Oh...she didnt see?"
"I dont believe so, but go make sure the ones we do take are training on their long range- I dont want to get close to those things claws."

Both left the office as the beast calmed enough to return his spell, Adam to the troops and Hunter towards the captain they acquired.

Blaire was turning her attention towards the two guys as they seemed to join them in the training yard. Hunter was walking towards her while Adam was heading towards the troops. With that she was getting up to her feet from where she had been stretching and was giving a salute towards Hunter. Honestly she hated all of these formalities at times, but it was apart of the job, it was just something that they did. And even if she wanted to just not do it, it would end up happening naturally anyways.

“You realize I should do that first, right? You have a higher rank than I.” Hunter shrugged but saluted back to the female. “Just over here, Anderson.” He led the way with no pointing or gestures, through the mud and up to a cement slab. Resting on the wet thing was nothing that seemed like it would belong; one, in the rain or two, in an army base: a bright pink and orange couch.
“Right, what we have here is T.O.D.D.A....” Hunter stopped and squatted near the fabric things arm. “.... Totally. Obsolete. Destruction. Defying. Anomaly.... This piece of eye blinding furniture was here since Adam started....on this slab... and not one of us guys can even get this gaudy thing to move or even rip. We even tried a grenade launcher.... “ the male poked at the couch with a finger and hissed at the static electricity that leapt between it and the fabric. “So, you being a woman; will it let you move it?”
No this was not a shooting test. He had an understanding from her file she was great; this was a supernatural question.... for reason...

Blaire looked towards him for a moment before she was giving a faint shrug before she spoke, "As far as I knew, I wasn't a Captain any more. At the time anyways." With that she was following after him and just blinking a bit when she was the strange pink and orange couch. Very bright colors none the less. "T.O.D.D.A..." she mumbled as she just looked at the couch that was just sitting there and was just giving a slow shake of her head. What kind of couch was this if even a grenade launcher was effective against it?

Yet again if it was supernatural related, she knew not to ask questions about it anymore. "Will it let me move it? I suppose the question is... will it let me touch it?" Blaire was pointing out, considering when he had tried to touch it he had gotten shocked. Nope if she couldn't even touch it how was she suppose to move it. So here she was reaching out to actually touch the random couch that made no sense of being where it was at. Merely placing her hand on the arm rest of the couch.

“Fine, you silly couch; only like girls...” the male huffed out as the fabric of the couch gave under her hand while still shocking him as his shoulder brushed by it.
He wasn’t really mad as he clicked his tongue when he stood, gesturing for Blaire to take a seat. That was up to her if she wanted to touch soggy cushions.
The click though, sent the harpy’s glamored ears high, as he was exercising the boys in the mud. Despite the rain and the pounding noises it was making, he still heard his right hand man make the noise.
Ah, the couch; it took her. Ok, lady movers only.. finally getting the eye sore out of the yard. Now they just need to get the ok to go siren hunting, or this training was a fluke.

Blaire was just shaking her head a bit before she was giving a faint chuckle before she was speaking, "Even inanimate objects are particular it seemed." With that she was just shaking her head a bit before she was questioning where they were even going to be moving the couch to when they did take to moving it. For some reason she highly doubted that they would be able to get rid of it that easily, especially if it shocked anybody else that tried to touch it. She was stretching out a bit before she was looking over towards Hunter for a moment before she questioned, "So have we heard anything about our Siren hunting?"
She was actually sitting on the edge of the couch, not really concerned about the soggy cushions. Why would she be concerned, it was already raining out, she was already wet. Whatever. Shockingly it was rather comfortable. Although as long as she didn't feel it move or anything like that she would good.

"I just put that call in yesterday, as you said; hq is shit at communicating and relaying replies. I dont expect a response for a few days... Training is a hopeful thing to keep everyone busy. But we really dont have a lot of things to do here. The whole island is damn peaceful..." the male stretched as he leaned backwards and stepped off the platform with the wet couch. "Other then seeing if it accepted you, Today and everyday else is almost free for all days in terms of training. We do patrols but Adam is the one to make those lists... right now I dont think you need to go until...next week some time...." the soldier looked at his wrist at a screen that popped up. "We can get you geared out in captains junk, if you want. Just because 'by title' you dont have captains hat here, you lost it fully- you still will be treated as such by... Oh, hello sir."
The man straightened up nearly instantly as there was a flash of the black uniform; a quiet masked officer was suddenly in the yard and holding a box. "Oh, is that for the General?" a blink was his answer as Hunter took the package, leaned to see and the man was already gone.
"Right... I forgot how messed up special ops is..... hold your ears. GENERAL FERTH!!! PACKAGE!" a loud yell from the man got the whole yard staring at him, even a few bees in the green house shuttered at the range of pitch that bounced around the glass section of the building.

Blaire was chuckling before she was commenting that she could believe it would take the HQ a few days. With that she was tilting her head at the mention of getting her geared up in captains stuff. This had her chuckling before she spoke "Sure we can do that." Already a few men had made it known that they weren't fond of a woman being there. So she would just do what she had ever time. Prove herself.
She was however looking at the person that showed up with the package and was covering her ears at the sudden yell from Hunter. Well that got everybody to quiet down for a moment. She was pushing herself up to her feet after a moment.

Back
Top Bottom