Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Disconnected (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

She felt horrible for even experiencing them, having such awful thoughts of Masamune that couldn’t be true, right?
“Just... Ones I’ve never had before... I’m hurting people..”

Megohime hesitated for a long moment. “Killing them.” She corrected softly. “I’m... killing and eating them..” She looked tired, like she hadn’t been sleeping much lately, if at all.

He felt dread creep up his spine, a familiarity he had repressed tickling the back of his mind, "Oh..." Was all he could manage to say.

“They’re just dreams.” She shook her head. “They’ll stop, and then it won’t be a problem anymore... Sorry for being so out of sorts about it.”

Masamune’s cold expression flashed in her head, reflecting back at her in the puddle of blood. “It was...” She couldn’t even say it, how could she? How could she even think such horrible things about Masamune when she owed him everything.

Megohime felt bile rise in her throat, and she felt she almost couldn’t look at Masamune, but she forced herself to look up and meet his gaze, nodding numbly.

He closed his eye and exhaled, "I didn't think goving you my blood would also give you some of my memories..." He said softly. His memories? Did that mean he actually did those things? Actually enjoyed killing humans?

“But.. no, why..?” Megohime shook her head, not understanding, the man she dreamt of was nothing like the man who was before her now. “Th-that can’t be you..”

“B-But...” Megohime was struggling to come to terms with the fact that the very same man that would let children crawl all over him like a jungle-gym, had also slaughtered countless children. “It’s not real right..?” She held her head, vision blurring from tears. “You’re not like that..! I know you! You saved me!”

"I did...and I would do it again and again, to make amends for all my horrendous sins. Being the God of Calamity is not glamorous and my past is monsterous. I have been trying for centuries to right my wrongs.." He said.

Megohime didn’t know how to respond, Masamune genuinely seemed to be trying to make up for his wrong doings, he had changed so much from the visage she saw in her dreams, but they still haunted her.

“No..!” She quickly looked up at Masamune, shaking her head as she swallowed back tears. “I couldn’t! You’re..-!” Her expression softened, and her shoulders sagged slightly. “You’re my savior..”

Something inside Megohime wanted to forgive him right there, tell him it wasn’t his fault.
”Traitor.”
He hadn’t done this on purpose, he had done it to save her life, he had no way of knowing things would turn out this way, right?

"Do you want anything? I'll be here for you to help you with these feelings my memories might give you...I can already see how conflicted you are..." And the fear. He recognized the fear far too easily.

Megohime shook her head. “I’ll be alright, just gotta keep pushing through it.” She said with a tired smile.

“I know.. I haven’t felt alone since I’ve been here.. thank you.” She said with a small nod. “I’ll be ok..”

Megohime’s health seemed to improve from there, and aside from needing to be careful not to pop the stitches in her stomach, she was ok to be up and about.

Back
Top Bottom