Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Disconnected (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Megohime looked to Masamune. “What if they follow us..?” She asked softly. “How did they manage to find us in the first place..?”

Megohime didn’t remember seeing or smelling anyone following them home, she hadn’t even sensed that they were followed, had she really let such a huge mistake slip passed her? She nodded, looking down at her lap. “It’s fine.. We just won’t let them find us again..”

No, you aren’t.
Megohime felt her face flush at the praise, nodding her head. “I won’t let it happen again.. I’ll keep everyone safe, I promise..”

"I'm counting on you." He said gently, "You'll be much stronger now with my blood. An apostate with far more power than humans would dare to allow."

Megohime looked up at Masamune, brows furrowed. “Your blood..?” She echoed. “What do you mean stronger?”

Megohime shook her head slowly, still not understanding, how would him giving her his blood make her stronger? “So I’m different now?”

He nodded, "As an apostate, your lifespan is ultimately better than a humam's, but mortal means coukd kill you. Though now, not very mamy of those things can kill you and your strength is as powerful as mine."

She shared Masamune’s strength? The only thing that was forced into her mind was the image of fallen children, their bodies covered by their mothers in the feeble attempt to protect their children. She felt nauseous, putting her hand to her forehead and closing her eyes. “So.. I’m a god now..?”

"Not wholly.." He replied, "but to a degree." Should she ask about the dreams? Maybe they were just fever dreams. Kojurou came in with some food, nothing heavy in case her stomach was weak, but his impeccable cooking was always hard to resist.
"Here, this should help you rebuild your strength." He said.

Megohime took the food with a soft smile. “Thank you..” It smelled wonderful, and briefly it took away the smell of burning flesh seared into her nose. It was hard to grasp her new-found Demi-godhood, and Masamune could see it in her eyes.

Megohime ate slowly in silence, her stomach feeling a little queasy, but she was able to hold down the food.

“It’s just hard to wrap my head around... passing out thinking I was dead for sure, now I’m a Demi-god..” She said with a soft laugh.

Megohime managed a slight smile, nodding and continuing to eat her food to recover her strength.
It would only take hours for everyone to prepare to move base, they never had too much to transport in the case they did have to move quickly. Megohime sat in the dark of her room, the candles having burned out long ago.
The smell of second generations was overwhelming, it permeated every inch of the cave system they called their home, it made her sick.
Sitting on her bed staring blankly at the wall her anger seethed.

Last edited:
Megohime flinched when he spoke, turning to look at who was calling her from the doorway. For the briefest of moments, Kojurou saw her eyes glowing red, pupils thin slits and sharp teeth protruding from her mouth, but when he blinked she looked like the same old Megohime. “Oh.. Kojurou, sorry, I’ve just been really out of sorts since I woke up...” She muttered, shifting on the bed to turn and face him fully. “Are we ready to leave?”

Megohime stood up, still looking a little wobbly, but she was able to walk. “Sorry.. I guess I lost track of time, I’m ready.”

Megohime followed Kojurou quietly, seeming to be stuck in her own head as the two headed to the entrance of the cave.
Megohime watched as many were already taking flight in preparation to move to their next location, but she only stood there as more and more left for the skies. “Kojurou..” She said softly, looking to him with a small frown. “I can’t change..”

Back
Top Bottom