Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Trouble With Twins (LukeDeadwood & LustfulSins)

Neither twin were bothered by the protective mother; Veeios--as should be expected at this point--didn't seem to have an opinion on it and focused more on resetting his sling, while Kaerius just gave a grin. "Eh, it's fine. We've gotten worse threats from our own step-mother." Granted, that woman had been bitch. She hadn't liked them the second they stepped foot into the house. She just tolerated them for the sake of her husband and their biological son. Needless to say, she wasn't exactly missed.

"Besides, I like to think we're the ones more likely to end up in the hospital." Well...no, Kae didn't like to think that, but it was better than Cameron ending up there. That was guilt he didn't need added to his baggage. "Y'know, Mr. Car Magnet over here." He snickered as he looked to Veeios, who scowled in return at the mention of the memory.

"That was one time, and we were nine."

"Yeah, and your little head put a decent dent in the old coot's car too."

Cameron goes from smiling at the brothers' joking to staring at them in shock. Vee had been hit by a car? And had put a dent in it with his head? At nine?! That's terrifying, both the fact that Vee had been hit at a young age, and that his head had managed to dent to hood. "You're lucky to be alive! You must have had some serious head trauma, Vee."

Cameron is leading the way back outside to the car, plate of tarts in hand. They could enjoy them when they got home, or later. He remembers Kae wanted to check out the coffee shop.

"I suppose," Veeios shrugged it off. Probably a little bit easier than most would've given the fact that he had actually almost died to that. "I don't remember much of the hospital stay." Not a total lie. There honestly was quite a bit he didn't remember about that incident, though there was still plenty that he did remember. Namely the important parts, but still. And Cameron wasn't wrong about the head trauma.

"At least we learned how hard of a head Vee has," Kaerius piped back up. "Good luck butting heads with the guy whose head put a dent in a car at age nine. Unless you're me, that is," He snickered. His head wasn't that hard, but he had a condition that many would call 'I Do What I Want'. Case and point with where they were and who they were with. "Anyway, let's go check out that cafe now yeah?"

Still concerned, Cameron hums quietly. But Kae's request for the coffee shop distracts him. Thoughts of maple iced coffee fill his head, and his smile returns. "Okay. They have these awesome sugared maple bacon sticks too, and it sounds like a weird combination, but they're so good! Really sweet though, so if you don't have a sweet tooth, I wouldn't recommend getting more than a sample size."

Cameron points out the Bean Counter when it comes into view, despite having pointed it out previously on the way to his parents. "You'll have to park across the street, looks like all the spots are full. Wow, it's pretty busy right now. I wonder if there's an event or sale?

Kaerius hums as he pushes the food suggestion to the side for the time being. He wasn’t the twin with the sweet tooth, but knowing how Veeios would never admit it, he had to take that matter into his own hands. “Hm, probably. But aren’t those usually good things?” Kaerius shrugs and parks across the street, leaning over in his seat to glance at the store. “And hey, at least it looks like your high opinion of the place is backed up. Look at all those people. I think that puts the potheads gathering at McDonald’s at one in the morning to shame.”

For a moment Vee frowns—the thought of being around so many people at once is an uncomfortable one for him, to say the least. But he makes no complaint as he follows the others’ leads and exits the car. And so long as the promise of good coffee is fulfilled, he’ll keep his complaints to himself.

Cameron is quick to cross the street, even leaving the twins behind. He's glad they're getting a good first impression; Cameron loves this place. It's also the coffee shop he worked at for two years before having to leave his parents place. He had left working there for this live in job, believing he wouldn't have the time between the two. The moment he steps in, he takes a deep breath, coffee and baking smells filling the air.

There wasn't a sign on the door or in the windows, but there's a big banner above the chalkboard menu that reads anniversary sale. The prices on the chalkboard have been changed to be half off, though Cameron only knows that because he worked there. Being a small local shop, a lot of their advertisement is by word of mouth.

"Cammie!" A tiny Asian girl behind the counter smiles and waves vigorously, then tosses a tea towel over the one empty barstool at the side counter. Cameron blushes red at the name. Normally he wouldn't, but he can feel the twins coming in the door behind him. No doubt they heard that. Nonetheless, Cameron makes his way to the barstool, removing the tea towel. He offers the seat to Vee, after a glance reveals the man's discomfort with the crowd. "Here, Kae and I can block people. Hi Mae, my regular please, and something for these two."

The instant they stepped through the doors the twin’s attentions were directed away from Cameron’s nickname. Vee was busy feeling discomfort going up a notch, resulting in Kaerius sending him a look of a silent “sorry”. Veeios simply waved it off, or at least he tried to—it was more difficult than he’d thought. So he was rather surprised when Cameron offered the seat, and for just a brief second his shock was visible before he covered it back up, accepting the offer with a quiet “thanks.”

When he was seated Kaerius leaned against him slightly, staring up at the menu with a thoughtful look. He hummed before shrugging, not really feeling up for being in a picky mood today. “Eh...just get us any kind of smoothie and whatever sweetest kind of coffee you can make. And some of those maple bacon sticks, please.” Yeah, those things didn’t exactly sound too appealing to him. But nevertheless he still ordered them. Vee was bound to like them—certainly more than he would, at any rate.

Mae, almost too bubbly, bounces as she takes their orders and hurries away to make them. There's mild complaint from the other three baristas toward Mae for not helping with the huge lineup, but all of them wave to Cameron anyway. Mae's skills are proven, as she returns barely more than five minutes later with three drinks, and five maple bacon sticks in a little plastic tray.

"One large caramel fudge iced coffee supreme, complete with whipped topping and maple drizzle," Mae sets this in front of Cameron. "One large green apple smoothie, one large caramel white chocolate mocha coffee, and one order of maple bacon sticks." The smoothie has whipped topping, though it's not piled as high as Cameron's and there's no drizzle, and the coffee is in a light brown paper cup with a logo of a black coffee bean inside a hollow sun design.

Kaerius muttered a low "Jesus..." as the order was listed off, looking between the tray and Vee. "Damn, it's a good thing you're not diabetic Vee. I think you'd end up keeling over." He lightly nudged his brother with a snicker. "Though I guess this being what gives you diabetes isn't out of the question. Or a heart attack. Either one sounds about right."

Veeios grumbled out what sounded like a quiet "shut up", a flicker of embarrassment showing through at having his sweet tooth called out so blatantly. Kaerius only laughed, giving Mae a polite thanks as he patted Vee's shoulder.

"What? I'm just saying it's a good thing you're a black hole for everything sweet."

Cameron hides a laugh at the teasing Kae gives Vee. He had asked for the sweetest drink, and Mae was never one to disappoint. And Caneron can't help but poke at Kae as well. "Does that make you the sour twin?" For once, he doesn't feel embarrassed to make a joke at his employer.

Little space is given for Kae to reply before Mae speaks up. "So Cammie, are these two your new boyfriends?" Cameron chokes on his sip of iced coffee, coughing while Mae smiles with the picture of innocence. She had completely outed Cameron's sexuality, and greatly teased the boy. Cameron turns bright red. "Mae! No! They're roommates, and the men that hired me to be their live in housekeeper. I told you I applied to that job last week!" Mae just laughs as she's called away to help with the crowd.

Kaerius will admit he was just slightly disappointed that he didn't get to tease Cameron himself before Mae cut in, but he still enjoyed the reaction and couldn't help but laugh. Besides, the blush Cam had probably beat the one Kae might've drawn out. "Well, I can't exactly say it's not flattering for that kind of confusion," He said before taking a sip of his smoothie. Then he gave a cheeky grin, thinking back to their little encounter back in the elevator. "Besides, it's good to know that the both of us has a chance to get that nice ass of yours."

Veeios hides his eye roll behind his coffee, giving his twin a look before shaking his head at Kae's antics. "Good grief..."

"What? Don't give me that. You never take the chance to flirt yourself, so somebody has to do it for you."

Cameron is hiding behind his iced coffee, red as a tomato. He doesn't have a response to Kae's comment. Is he serious? Or just flirting to tease? Either way, Cameron needs to stay detached. If things go wrong when his heat cycle hits again, the twins might blame him for using 'black magics', as his father had put it, to seduce them.

Cameron shakes his head, reaching over the counter for a cardboard to go box, which he puts the untouched maple bacon sticks into. Then he pulls a twenty dollar bill from his wallet, tucking it half under one of the ceramic coffee mugs on the lower counter. "Mae! We're heading out!" Cameron grips Kae's wrist and pulls him along, figuring Vee would follow anyway. He's not about to let Kae try to pay for their drinks when this had been his idea.

Kaerius didn't protest to the sudden change of events--Veeios was the picky one when it came to paying, and it wouldn't at all surprise him if he looked back and saw his twin replacing the twenty Cameron had put down. "And look! He knows how to take the lead! He's a keeper for sure." He was certain that if they weren't in a busy building, he would've heard the scoff that he just knew Vee made. "Y'know, if you wanted to hold hands you could've just asked. Not that I mind either way."

When they made it to the car, Kaerius leaned against it instead of getting in right away so he could glance back at Vee, who trailed just a little ways behind him and Cam. He already knew the answer but he still felt the need to ask. "Lemme guess...you swapped the twenty out, didn't you?" The swig of coffee that was Vee's reply before getting in the car and holding the bill out for Cameron to take had Kae damn near cackling. "Well, aren't you just a fun date to take out and treat." He hummed with a shake of his head before finally hopping into the driver's seat.

Cameron sputters, releasing Kae' wrist the moment they were outside. When he sees the man pause and look at Vee, the blond follows his gaze. And immediately refuses the twenty. "Oh no! This was my treat, you can't do that. It's rude, and makes it seem like I can't pay for anything. Besides, this is my thanks for helping me move my stuff."

Cameron is frowning as he ignores the out held twenty, getting into the back seat of the car. Mildly upset and feeling that his employers' hadn't accepted his thank you gift, Cameron stares out the window, taking gulps of his iced coffee.

Veeios merely shrugs with indifference as Kaerius settles in his seat, chugging a good portion of his smoothie down before setting it in the cup holder. "Right!"He started, choosing to just change the subject. "So, I think we're set to head back. Unless...?" He turns towards Vee, focusing on his twin with an eyebrow in a look like he was just daring for his twin to voice otherwise.

Veeios, in turn, made a face before speaking. "Oh hell no." He practically scoffed at the idea of going to the place Kaerius was insinuating--and he'd never admit to that teensy inkling of fear he may or may not have felt. "I'm neither dressed for the occasion, nor am I prepared for Jen to come beating down our door to throw me off the terrace of my own home."

Kaerius seemed pleased with that answer and took to driving, a grin splitting across his face to replace the previous expression. "Shit, she would do that, wouldn't she? Man, we've got a lotta ass-kissing to do tomorrow. Those ladies are going to be pissed when we walk through those doors." He snickered, Veeios humming in agreement as Kae drove.

Cameron only half listens to the conversation at first, half pouting. The mention of ladies piques his interest, but not quite enough to get him to look at the twins. Maybe they're straight after all? Although, that could make things even more complicated if they catch Cameron in his cycle. He utters a quiet sigh, not expecting either brother to hear him.

Back at the apartment building, Cameron tosses his empty plastic cup in the nearest public bin, then picks up his private items box from the trunk. He's silent, mind turning over ways to reduce the likelihood of him getting caught three days from now. Well, today, tomorrow, and then the next day it would hit. Cameron doesn't exactly have it down to a science, or schedule, he can just kind of instinctually feel it coming.

The conversation between the two slowly became more and more one-sided the closer they got to the apartment. The conversation was carried more so by Kaerius as he referenced a couple of more people--some named while others weren't--while Veeios hummed or murmured out an answer. Vee had his own thoughts to mull over whereas Kaerius just disliked the silence, leading to him just casually rambling about their busy day tomorrow to his brother.

Just like with loading the car, Vee undid his sling to help while Kaerius grabbed the heaviest box there was. Kae led the way into the building and towards the private elevator, managing to get his key and open the doors without dropping anything. And he was still rambling along the way, too. "Personally, though, I just can't wait to get back into business. Or at least, my kind of business. I miss being so active. The solitude has been killing me, I bet my dance moves are rusty."

That drew a snort from Vee. "Are you sure you're talking about your dancing, or your libido?"

Kaerius let out a bark of laughter, caught off guard by the jab. "Pfft, Christ Vee, I wasn't expecting that bat," He giggled. "But okay, yeah, that's fair. I promise I've sworn off one night stands. But my libido is just fine, thank you very much."

Cameron blinks, coming out of his thoughts when he hears conversation regarding libido. Why was that what caught his attention. Cameron shakes his head, following the twins into the elevator. In an attempt to shift conversation away from this topic, really not wanting it turning to him, Cameron starts asking what the twins do for work.

"I mean, it must be a pretty good occupation to be able to afford such a nice penthouse. And you guys don't look that old, maybe in your twenties? You must be pretty good at your jobs. It must be nice not having to worry about money. Because obviously you probably don't-" Cameron bites his lip when he realizes the twins are staring.

The twins fell silent when they looked to Cameron, though it was less from the topic change and more so out of contemplation on how to answer the question smoothly. Believe it or not, one can't just say "oh yeah we're from a family of international drug dealers and mafia men who partake in the underground and use a trading company as cover for everything". Yeah. That didn't fly with most people. And they certainly weren't going to tell Cameron all of that.

"Well, to be fair, a lot of out current cash money comes from what our dad left us when he died," Kaerius started with a shrug, Vee giving a nod to support the statement. "Y'know, trust funds and whatnot. But we didn't cash any of it until a couple years ago when we needed to leave due to...well, reasons." Kae glanced at his brother's bandaged arm and Veeios frowned, looking off to the side at the floor. Well. It wasn't lie, but it was still far from the whole truth. "But yeah, you're still not exactly wrong. We do have good jobs. Our father's company was left in our names and, well..."

"It pays to be the bosses." Veeios finished. "Granted, we had to put that title down for a little while, but we fully intend on taking it back."

Cameron seems satisfied with the answer he receives, and doesn't push for more. Owning a big company of any kind would undoubtedly bring good wealth. In hopes to fill the moderate silence now, and to avoid further embarrassing conversations, Cameron starts humming quietly. When the elvator reaches the penthouse, the blond is the first one out and at the door, half struggling to unlock it without putting his box down. He manages, barely, and retreats inside and upstairs to his room. It would take another trip to retrieve the remaining boxes.

Once everything has been gathered in his room, Cameron smiles. "Okay! I'm going to do some work, then I'll set up my room after dinner. Thanks for your help, guys, I really appreciate it. This would have taken me all day by bus." Humming again, Cameron turns to leave his bedroom, only to have his childhood clumsiness sneak up and bite him in the ass. Cameron trips over his own two feet and pitches forward toward the floor with a cry of surprise.

Veeios was the quickest --and closest to Cameron-- of him and Kaerius to react. He reached out without thinking, catching one of Cam's arms with his left hand while his right arm went around the blond's waist. Almost effortlessly he caught Cameron and planted the male back on his two feet. From there it took Vee all of one second to realize that, one, he and Cameron were extremely close now, which that was a whole awkward case for him in itself. And two, the sudden movement had cause his right arm to go numb, feeling a dull ache in his fingers and a tingling sensation in his fingernails. 'Well...that's not going to be pleasant later.'

Hiding his discomfort and minute embarrassment for the most part, Veeios pulled away from the other. The makings of a cringe were barely noticeable on his face as he stepped back to gently rub his arm in an attempt to ease the nerves. Kae glanced at Vee for a moment before regarding Cameron. "You good there man? Gotta watch out for that first step, gravity's a killer."

Cameron gasps when he's caught, having fully expected to hit the floor. And he's so close to Vee. Nervousness makes Cameron stop breathing. After his father, physical contact in general makes him nervous. As quick as he's caught and righted, Vee steps away. Cameron doesn't miss the faint expression on his face, or the way he rubs his arm.

Caneron frowns, taking one step toward Vee. Kae's voice calls his attention. "Ah, yeah, I'm okay. I'm pretty clumsy by nature." Cameron looks back to Vee, worried, but he doesn't get closer. "Vee, are you okay? Did you hurt your arm catching me? You should have just let me fall. I would have been fine."

"Well, it wasn't like I meant to" Was what Veeios would say if he didn't have his manners or the ability to think his words over before saying them. That would've sounded much worse than he would've meant for it to. Instead he just sighed, looking away. "...I'm fine. It's just uncomfortably numb at the moment." And it was going to hurt like a bitch later when the numbness passed. But of course, that was a weakness Veeios wouldn't ever admit, not even to a priest sworn to secrecy.

"If does end up hurting," Kaerius spoke up in Vee's favor, which relieved the elder twin just a little for the fact he didn't have to keep talking. "That what the painkillers the doc prescribed are for." Though, Kae knew better than to assume Vee would take the meds on his own--he wasn't that dumb or oblivious when it came to his brother. But that grudge against the painkillers didn't have anything to do with Vee's issues with weakness, surprisingly enough. "'Sides, Vee's too much of a gentleman to let someone hit the floor even if it does hurt his arm. Not counting the people he doesn't like, I mean."

Cameron is still concerned, lips pressed into a thin line. He's about to ask what he can do to help, when Kae speaks up again. Cameron lets it go, nodding. Maybe he can help out with dinner later.

Cameron takes a deep breath, letting it out slow. Okay, focus on the day and the new job now. Vee doesn't want to talk about it, Kae is redirecting, so Cameron will stop asking. "Is there anything specific you want me to start on? I don't have any reservations, I'll do whatever you need of me."

Kaerius hummed as he crossed his arms, shrugging his shoulders. "I can't say there's much for you to do as of right now, save for setting up your room..." He gave Veeios a glance. "...and maybe cook for the rest of the day." Vee, who had relaxed a bit at the change in topic, sent a glare Kae's way.

Though, much to his chagrin, Kaerius wasn't exactly wrong in that assumption. Damn.

"The two of us have been home," Kae continued with his explanation without so much as acknowledging his twin's glare. "So nothing's really built up yet. But since we go back to work tomorrow, I'm pretty sure your job will kick into gear soon enough. I mean we'll be out late tomorrow, so you can prolly go shopping for groceries or something. But yeah, you're pretty much good for today."

Back
Top Bottom