Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Trouble With Twins (LukeDeadwood & LustfulSins)

Cameron sleeps through the evening, and the night. Best sleep he's had in a while. His internal alarm clock wakes him just before 8am, and he stretches and groans when his shoulder pops rapidly out and back into the socket. Every morning, that happens every morning. Remnants of a childhood injury, breaking his shoulder socket falling from a tree. Cameron blinks, taking a moment to remember where he is. He realizes he had left the bedroom door open, and he's glad his heat cycle is still three days off.

Cameron pulls himself out of bed, making it up neatly. He had fallen asleep in yesterday's clothing, so he changes quickly into a black graphic tee with an image of the Deadpool on it, swapping blue jeans for olive green cargo shorts, and, as if signaling just how gay he is, tying his hoodie around his waist by the sleeves. He slips into his shoes, then runs his brush through his hair.

Cameron comes down the stairs humming. The thought of what food he was allowed to have occurred to him, but he felt it would be awkward to ask. So, as he rounds the corner into the kitchen, he figures it should be safe enough to just pick something and hope for the best. "Good morning Kae! Good morning Vee!" Cameron is bubbly, energetic, and well rested, and it's more than obvious.

Kae grinned at Cameron and his bubbly self. At least he didn't have to be cheery for the three of them, that would be stretching it a little bit. "Morning Cam," He said as he opened the fridge to dig out the creamer. He almost sighed when Vee gave Cameron the same kind of greeting he'd given Kaerius. "Don't mind him, just a rough night for him. He tends to get those a lot." Might as well warn the blond the moody mornings were common on Veeios' part ahead of time so he didn't worry about it too much. The actual bad mornings would be much different than just grumpiness coming from Vee, and that was a different matter for a different day.

Closing the fridge door he waved his hand to motion to the kitchen as a whole. "So long as it doesn't have a name on it, feel free to help yourself to just about anything if you're hungry. Just y'know, don't put anything that's empty back instead of throwing it away." 'Otherwise an empty box might get thrown at you,' Kaerius left that bit unsaid, but he knew it was a thing. He's experienced himself a couple of times, actually. Only he was guilty for empty milk cartons instead of any boxes. "But yeah. Just help yourself for today since breakfast wasn't made."

Kae's reassurance on the food releases the knot of nervousness in his chest. Cameron happily goes about making himself toast, locating jam to put on it. Then, with a brief glance at Vee just in case, Cameron pours himself a mug of coffee. Without adding anything to it, he taking a deep gulp of the bitter black liquid. He sighs contentedly, smiling. Very few people he knows drink their coffee black, but Cameron loves it that way.

Taking his toast to the table, he sits across from Vee and pulls out his phone, tapping through a few texts. He sends one off to his mother, whose contact name is Mother Dearest. He gets a rapid reply stating his father would be leaving for work in half an hour, and Cameron would be good to go by and get his things.

Kae hummed to himself as he made his cup of coffee. Not too sweet, just to pamper himself for the day. Putting the creamer back he grabbed his cup and an apple from the basket of fruit that sat on the counter. Without saying a word he placed the apple in front of Vee, snatching the mug up before the man could protest.

"...I was getting there."

"Not fast enough~" Kae practically sung out the words he placed Veeios' mug in the sink, taking a moment to rinse it out. He gave his brother his signature shit-eating grin as he went back to Vee's side, ruffling the relatively neat hair to purposefully mess it up and draw out an annoyed huff from his twin. "You're enough of a sourpuss already. I'm not gonna let you give yourself a headache and be an even bigger pain. Got it?" At least it was a typical thing already, the two of them switching between who was taking care of who. "Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go out to the terrace for my morning smoke."

Cameron is entertained by the exchange, though he can't help but think these two are closer than normal brothers. But again, not his place to say anything. Once finished eating, he's quick to wash his plate and mug, and Vee's mug as well, setting them in the drying rack. He pauses, glancing at Vee. "Hey, let me know if you need me to get you anything." After a moment without a reply, Cameron turns to go find Kae.

When he finds Kae smoking on the terrace, Cam sighs softly. "You know, smoking is bad for you." Cameron speaks up on it without even thinking, walking over to stand by the man. Immediately, he presses his lips together. The first day, and he's berating his employer's habits. Cameron clasps his hands together, avoiding Kae's eyes.

Kaerius turned his head to glance over at Cameron and he can't help but laugh a little. That was cute. "Mm...yeah, I know," Kaerius hummed, making sure to blow the smoke away from Cam when he exhaled. "I kinda hate it myself. But y'know, stress is stress and if it wasn't this bad habit, it would be a much worse one." Of course, if he even thought about trying out another bad habit, Veeios would beat him into next year. Besides, he was already on prescription drugs--he didn't need anymore drugs to add, illegal or not. He was just fine with dealing them and not doing them.

"But you didn't join me just to wag your finger at me like I'm a bad dog, did you?" Kaerius asked teasingly. "Not that I mind. Go ahead and tell me all the ways I'm naughty." He snickered. "But seriously, did'j'ya need something, or are you just here to chill before you gotta leave?"

Cameron is thankful Kae blows the smoke away. He may not like when people smoke, but somehow, the bitter smell seems to fit Kae's personality. His cheeks immediately redden when Kae pokes fun at him. It's impossible for Cameron to hide his blush, or his emotions in general, even. Nevertheless, his palms rub at his face in a failed attempt to make his blush go away.

"Well, I was thinking about your offer yesterday, and it would make it a lot easier, but.." Cameron pauses, but decides he doesn't really have a choice. Besides, maybe it wouldn't be so bad for Kae to know he recently lived with his parents. "I don't drive.. So, I was hoping maybe you could help me? I know, I shouldn'tbe asking favours on my first day, but I'd really appreciate your help." Cameron is still refusing to look at Kae, his embarrassment obvious.

Kaerius took a moment to reply, taking another puff from his cigarette and a sip from his coffee mug. And maybe it was so he could enjoy that blush a little bit longer without ruining it. "Alright. I can take you," He said with a hum. "I'm never one to deny a good reason to get out of the house. Maybe I can convince Vee to come with. I hear car rides are a good way to get babies to take naps so they don't get cranky."

He let out a laugh at his own joke before he paused, taking a cautious look back to double check Veeios wasn't anywhere near the door. There was no sign of him. "Okay, good, he didn't hear that. Anyway, yeah, I can take you, so long as you pay attention and don't let me get lost." He took one last hit from his cancer stick before snuffing it out in the ashtray on the nearby table and downing the rest of his coffee. "We can leave whenever you're ready."

Cameron covers his mouth to hide his own laugh at Kae's joke. That's so mean! But so funny. He nods after managing to calm himself. "I promise not to let you get lost. It's easy to find. Do you think we can go now? The sooner I can get my things, the better."

Better for Cameron, and better for his adoptive parents. That situation had made their relationship strained at best, so it would just be better for Cameron to get his things and not go back. It didn't matter than his parents had been so loving and had raised him well. His nature had driven a deep wedge between them.

"Yeah, we can go now. Lemme just put the cup in the sink and round up Vee and we can go." Then Kaerius turned to go do exactly what he said. He hummed as he went back into the kitchen, finding Veeios wasn't in the kitchen. "Jesus he moves fast for a sleepless man..." He grumbled more to himself than anything. He quickly rinsed out the mug before making his way back out, heading up the stairs. He just barely caught Vee heading into his room. "'Ey! Don't you dare shut that door!"

Veeios jumped at the sudden shout, turning towards Kae with a look of startled confusion before it turned into a small glare. "What do you want?"

"You're coming with us."

The confusion was back. "What?"

"You're coming with us. C'mon, it's better than staying in all day stewing in your grumpiness. Some fresh air could do you some good since you refuse to step out near the pool." Kaerius grinned despite giving his twin a knowing looking. The two stared at each other for a moment before Vee sighed in defeat, muttering to himself as he did as told--"no" wasn't much use, after all. Neither of them seemed to listen to that word very well when it came to each other.

Kaerius' grin became full-force as he gave a "Hah!" of victory, making his way back down the stairs with his brother in tow. He went towards the front door and reached into the bowl to pull out a set of keys. "Right! Let's go, yeah?"

Cameron follows Kae back inside, running up to his room to get his new key and wallet. Just in case. He jumps too when Kae shouts, letting out a held breath. He can totally understand why Vee had jumped; Cameron is easily startled too. But he says nothing during the exchange, instead smiling lightly at Vee. It would seem that brother would be more difficult to befriend.

Cameron follows behind Kae and Vee, giving Kae the address already. Maybe the man knows where it is, or has an idea? "Oh, and there's a little coffee shop called the Bean Counter a block from my parents' house. They have the best coffee, in my opinion. And they're smoothies are pretty good too-" Cameron smacks his hands over his mouth, going wide eyed. Cat's out of the bag, so to speak. He does his best to salvage what he thinks is an awkward admission. "I-I promise I'm not too young. I'm eighteen, I just didn't have a reason to move out of my parents place until recently, I just.." Cameron stops again, looking petrified that the twins might seem him too young and immature to live with them.

Both the twins paused when Cameron began babbling and looked at him; Veeios with an uninterested look and Kaerius with a quirked brow, like he was waiting for the blond to continue. "Okay, and?" Kae shrugged. "No offense, but I can safely say neither one of us really care." Well, Vee did, if he was being honest. But this embarrassed blabber should've helped but the elder twin at least a teensy bit more at ease. "I gotta say I'm more interested in the cafe with the smoothies than anything else. I'd like to know about all the good places to snag a good snack whenever I'm out and about."

Kae glanced to his brother, as if seeking his agreement. Vee gave a nod--Kaerius wasn't exactly wrong, even though he cared about more than just picking up something to eat than Kae did.

"See?" Kae continued and gave another shrug. "You're eighteen. Cool. You just can't legally drink yet. Not that I'll tattle if you did; we've got a bar in this place for a reason and if I drink by myself I'll be considered a drunkard." He flashed Cameron with a grin. "So, you still cool to go, or do you feel too awkward now?"

All of Cameron's awkwardness leaves his body. They don't care. They don't think he's immature. It's such a huge relief that Cameron can't stop the huge grin on his face. His luck couldn't possibly be any better. A great place to live, interesting, if mysterious, people to live with. And they make him feel comfortable with everything he feels nervous about. With a happy nod, Cameron starts walking again.

"Thanks, guys. For not.. Not judging me. Mostly of the people I know move out of their parents homes right after highschool graduation. I was going to, eventually. It just- I had to move out before I had any money." Cameron nearly says the wrong thing, but catches himself. They can't know what he is. He's going to keep it secret as long as he can.

It was then that Veeios made an amused, and in turn Kaerius snickered. “Oh please, we didn’t move out of our dad’s place even when we turned twenty. So what the fuck do we have to judge?” Kaerius snickered as he pressed the button to call for the elevator. Granted, they were supposed to take over the house, both legal and illegal businesses, and other things. But Cameron didn’t need to know about any of that.

“Besides, If you look up the word “immature” in the dictionary, I’m pretty sure you’ll find a picture of me next to it.” It wasn’t a lie. “Cracking a couple of sex jokes within one day of knowing somebody isn’t at all near the amount of jokes I can actually make. I’ve got a lot more, just you wait.”

Cameron steals a look up at Kae as he speaks, greatly amused. Maybe he won't have to be so professional around these men? Kae at least is rather playful. Maybe Vee is just reserved by choice and not actually lacking humor. Somehow, though, Cameron is certain Kae's sex jokes will be directed at him more often than once.

In the elevator, Cameron somehow ends up being the one closest to the door, and with both twins behind him. Maybe the cargo shorts hadn't been the best choice? They are a size small, as he hasn't bought himself new clothes in over a year, and they hug his hips and butt nicely. Normally, he wouldn't care, but he also doesn't really want the men to think he's dressing provocatively on purpose. Kae, at least, seems to share Cameron's sexuality.

Of course Kaerius took the opportunity to ogle the Cameron's ass. Why wouldn't he? The guy was right in front of him, and it was a nice ass. He even nudged his brother's side, drawing his attention away from the wall. When Kae was given the silent "what now?" he made a sort of downwards motion with his hands. In turn, Vee fell for the trap and looking directly at the blond's backside.

"Oh, for--" Veeios rolled his eyes and drove his elbow into Kaerius' ribs. The younger twin's laughter came out in wheezes, yet the grin was still stretched across his face even as he hunkered down against the back wall for support. "Pervert." The word alone was enough to increase Kae's fit of laughter, a snort breaking through the wheezes of laughter at least once.

The first two words Vee utters catch Cameron's attention and he turns to look back at the men. Just in time to see Vee elbow Kae in the ribs. Then Vee says pervert, and that's all it takes for Cameron to go red in the face. Maybe he should have brought his hoodie with him. Instead, he had untied it from his waist and left it in his room when he had seen how nice the weather is. So instead, he pulls the back of his graphic tee down. Though, that really doesn't help much.

"K-Kae..!" Cameron moves closer to the elevator doors, stepping out the second they open. He doesn't know the way to the twins' car, so he has to wait for them, but the blush on his face isn't going down as other thoughts and imaginings spring to the front of his mind. What if Kae got handsy? What if both? What would Cameron do? Should he stop them? Would he even want to? His thoughts are obvious enough on his red face, even as he bites his lower lip and shakes his head to clear it.

Kaerius can’t help it as he absolutely dies with laughter, his face taking in its own hue of red as a result. “Ah shit...!” He wraps his arms around his chest, and it’s not from the elbow he took moments earlier. His eyes are watering by the time he manages to reel himself in the slightest bit, just enough to stagger out of the elevator so he could take the lead.

“Ah fuck, that was worth it!” Kae giggles as he walks right past Cameron and Vee, leading the way outside towards the designated parking lot. He didn’t get the chance to see the open book that was Cameron’s face, not like Veeios who happened get a look before following after his twin, pretending as if he hadn’t seen it. “Hoo...damn that was a good laugh.”

Cameron is more than a little embarrassed, following after the twins with his head down. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea- Cameron smacks his hands against his cheeks, shaking his head again. No, he can put up with the teasing. It's not that bad. Cameron's internal monologue is so obvious on his face, expression a look of determination.

In the backseat of the twins' car, Cameron sits in the middle so he can see out the front windshield. Buckled, but leaning forward, he automatically starts directing Kae where to go as soon as they pull out of the parking spot. He even points out the Bean Counter as they pass it, a little blue walled cafe with a small iron table and bench seats outside. And of course, the house he indicates is modest, but clearly belongs to a well off family. Clean front lawn and flowerbeds, white house, vine designed iron railing on the deck, and an overly cheerful rooster sign on the door, with the rooster holding a scroll that says welcome in italics.

"Oh, this place looks nice enough," Kaerius hummed as he parked the car, taking a moment to take in the sight of the quaint little house. Huh. To think it was once upon a time a dream to have a house like that. Funny, the way things can change so much. 'Started from the bottom, now we're here,' He thought.

He gave Vee a light nudge, saying "Hey, we're here." to snap him from the sleepy daze he'd fallen into. He had quite fallen asleep, just spaced out from watching the scenery go by. Veeios gave a soft hum of acknowledgement, taking a moment to rub his face with his left hand before exiting the car. Kae only needed to glance at his twin to know that one look at the house and Vee was sharing similar thoughts. Though they didn't dwell longer than a moment before following behind Cameron's lead this time.

Cameron nearly runs up to the front door. He doesn't actually want to be here, though he knows his adoptive mother is still trying to be helpful by not just throwing his stuff out. Their relationship would never be the same, but he's still thankful to her for raising him. "Mom? I brought my new roommates to help me move my stuff.."

A petite raven haired woman pokes her head out of the kitchen doorway, a small smile on her face. Kind, but wary all the same. "You're not-" Cameron rapidly shakes his head to cut her off, eyes wide. She frowns, pressing her lips into a thin line. "Well, alright. I boxed most of it for you, there's still a couple things. Anything you don't want, I'll take to the thrift store tomorrow." With that, she returns to the kitchen, where the scent of baking blueberries fills the air.

Cameron sighs in relief. He knew his mother had been about to ask if he was in his heat cycle, and he did not need Kae and Vee knowing about that. Looking over his shoulder at the twins, he beckons them to follow him. "Come on, my old room is upstairs." True to his mother's words, most of his belongings are in boxes. Only a small collection of crystals and a couple of succulents and small cacti are left out on the dresser and windowsill.

The two followed without saying a word, and were quiet upon first entering the room for the sake of looking around. It was Kae who broke the momentary silence. "Hm...now all we gotta is find out which boxes are the lightest ones so Vee can feel like he's helping. Aside from him carrying the plants, I mean." The twin in question huffed.

"Maybe I should toss you in the trunk and let the plants ride shotgun." The thought was tempting. "Maybe stop for some McDonald's along the way home."

"Of course the one time you decide to get fast food is when you stuff me in the trunk. Rude." Despite the threat--it was empty anyway, or at least the part about McDonald's was--Kaerius had a smile. Threatening to put him in the trunk like he wouldn't enjoy it...hah. "Anyway, let's get this over with and go get smoothies or whatever. I wanna wring the last bit of our time off for every last drop its got."

The exchange between the brothers seems so strange to Cameron. He never had a sibling, so he doesn't really understand the playful threats. He just gives the two of them a confused look, moving to tuck the crystals into a smaller box containing soft satin bags. The crystals are empty of energy, he would have to let them soak in moonlight before he can use them again.

Cameron moves among the boxes, though there aren't that many. Each is labeled; books, two labeled sheets, four labeled plush, clothing, and one simply labeled with an M. "The book box will be heavy, the sheets might be a bit, one likely has my weighted blanket. The plush boxes," Cameron pauses, blushing. "The plush boxes should be light. This one's personal, so I'll carry it myself." Cameron bends, picking up the box marked M.

Kaerius gave a soft “aight” while Veeios nodded, neither one of them questioning the personal box. Hey, to each their own with their secrets and such. Kae went straight for the box of books while Vee took a minute to free his arm from his sling; he was double checking that the bandages it was wrapped in were secure and flexed the stiffness from his hand.

Once Veeios deemed his arm useable enough, ignoring the aches, he picked up one of the boxes labeled plush and went in his way. He had agreed with the sentiment Kaerius had just moments earlier: let’s get this over with. Though for him it was less about food. Thankfully there weren’t too many boxes they had to deal with. But they were definitely not taking the public elevator once they made it back.

Cameron gives Vee a look of concern when he takes his ark from the sling. His lips press into a thin line, watching Vee lift the box. Reassured that he would be alright, Cameron follows him down to the car. Then he heads back up to grab another box. It takes the three of them three trips to get everything. Cameron's mother meets them at the door, a paper plate of wrapped blueberry tarts in hand.

"Be safe, Cameron." The petite woman turns her eyes on the twins, narrowing them. "He may not be able to live here any longer, but he's still my son. If something happens to him, I'm holding you two accountable. I'll have your heads if I find out he gets put in the hospital." There's venom in her voice, but the kind that comes from a protective mother. Then she holds out the plate of tarts, retreating back to the kitchen again. Cameron sighs quietly, turning toward the twins with the plate. "Sorry, she's just being a mother."

Back
Top Bottom