Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ergastulum. (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

"To discuss what happened?" He asked, standing in the door. He then realized the lack of privacy and stepped in further, shutting the door behind him.

“Of course.” She said, retrieving something from the cabinet before closing it again. “Please arrange for his arrival.” She said as she moved to the desk, setting out a small white cloth on top.

Megohime was angry, part of her knew Motochika was a decent man, but she couldn’t simply ignore the actions of his men, and she couldn’t entirely rule out that it hadn’t been on his order.

It would be a while, a couple hours maybe, before Motochika finally showed up. Kojurou escourted him into the office and Megohime could see Masamune try to peek in over the Ogre's shoulder before forced back by Kojurou, shutting the door to give them privacy.
"Ya wanted to see me, Ryuu-neechan? Ya gotta make it quick, I don't like leavin' Nana on her own right now."

Megohime’s face was calm, but her eyes flashed anger. “I’m sorry to hear about Nana, may she have a quick recovery.” She said, motioning for the older man to sit in the chair across from her.

“I’m assuming since you haven’t brought it up, you don’t know.” She reached into her coat and pulled out a slender, long object, setting it on the desk and pushing it toward him. “While delivering your shipment personally, your men thought they would pay me with a bullet to the shoulder. Now I’m assuming it was meant for my head, but lucky for me, your men aren’t the best with guns.” He could see it now, the bruised gash over her eyebrow that had been newly stitched up, the bandages around her shoulder peeking out from under her shirt.

"What?" He looked taken aback, "Are you serious? I had...no idea at all." A scowl set on his face and he stood, kicking the chair back and bowing low to the floor.

Megohime still didn’t look satisfied, no this wasn’t enough, not even close. The object she had placed onto the desk clattered to the floor before Motochika, and now that it was before him, he could see exactly what it was. A tanto knife, an old one at the looks of it; a dark wooden sheath and handle with glossy finish, it was old fashioned, and he knew exactly what it was for.
“I’ve kept one for you- your man -one of the ones who tried to steal my shipment and kill me. I thought you’d want to hear it directly from his mouth.”

He stared at the tanto before taking it in his hand, standing and unsheathing it. Without so much as a stutter, he put his hand on the desk and cleanly cut off the upper half of his pinkie. He didn't flinch, he didn't scream, he just stood there.
"I will personally see to fully correcting this wrong done to you."

This seemed to quell the fire in Megohime’s eyes, and without so much as a grimace, she reached forward and took the severed bit of Motochika’s finger, setting it in the cloth and wrapping it up. “I appreciate it. Please do see that you have trustworthy men retrieving your shipment this time.” What a horrible girl, hardly twenty and she was already asking for fingers, she truly lived up to her family’s name, she really was a dragon woman.

She looked to Kojurou, nodding her head slightly. “Return his man to him, I’m sure Chosokabe will take care to see his own man home.”

Kojurou nodded and Motochika bowed his head before leaving with Kojurou. Masamune peeked in, like a curious child, and noticed the blood.
"Stone cold, boss."

Megohime looked to him as she stood. “He’s lucky I didn’t ask for more.” She muttered, pinching the bridge of her nose- her head still throbbed from the hit of the gun to her head, she had been hit by a Tag after all. “It’s just business, he knows that.”

“Mm, maybe feed it to the dogs?” He couldn’t tell if she was kidding or not, her expression now of one of fatigue. She looked tired and worn, but that was to be expected after being shot, adrenaline wearing off and all. She stood silently for a moment before looking to him. “Were you injured?”

“I’m glad.” She said, then moved to the door of the office. “You can have the rest of the day to yourself, I’m going to rest..”

She stopped in front of her door. “I’ll be alright, I’m just going to lay down.” Megohime didn’t know why, but having Masamune show his worry for her made her chest feel heavy.

Her cheeks flushed- stop, why the hell was she feeling like this? Why was she feeling like this? “I promise.” She looked over her shoulder at him, studying his face to see if she saw anything.

Back
Top Bottom