Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ergastulum. (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

She didn’t shrug him off, having to close her eyes to keep the spinning at bay. “I’m fine... Just a bit tired..” She struggled to stand, but managed to do so. Up close, Masamune could now clearly see Megohime was drenched in sweat and flushed red.

“No, no, I’m fine, I just need to rest..” She muttered, but feeling too weak to fight him. “Just help me back to bed..”

Megohime let out an irritated groan, but let him help her down the hall, having to mostly lean against him to keep from tripping and falling. Had she not been so sick, she would've been embarrassed about the fact that their body’s were pressed against one another, but she could hardly keep a coherent thought.

Megohime protested a bit, but the old doctor shut her down quickly.
“Looks like a fever on top of a mild concussion.” He grunted. Megohime avoided Masamune’s gaze.
“You’ll need to rest for now, I’ll get you something to combat the fever.”

“I know..” Megohime grumbled, rolling onto her side, pulling the covers up to her nose.

Megohime turned a bit so she could see him easier, brows furrowed in confusion. “What are you doing..?” She asked softly.

“You don’t have to... it isn’t your job to babysit me when I’m sick.” Why? Why was he doing this again? Her chest ached, and she wasn’t entirely sure if it was from the fever or not.

Megohime stared for a moment longer, then turned back over, back to him. When the doctor finally returned with the medicine, he did another check up on Megohime.
“Well, it doesn’t seem like you have any adverse effects along with your concussion, so sleeping should be fine.”
Megohime took the medicine and gave a small nod, laying down again as the doctor left them alone.

The old doctor gave a grunt and a nod. “Should be fine, as long as the missus allows so.” He said, then turned to leave.
“You can stay.” Megohime said softly, staring at the wall and feeling her hear beat heavily in her chest.

“Thank you.” She spoke so softly he almost didn’t hear her, Megohime rolling over in bed to face him. “Please don’t leave me alone..” It was surprising, seeing her so vulnerable, tone almost shaky and her eyes showing unease.

“Thank you.” She said behind the blanket, closing her eyes to try and rest. It was strange how comfortable she seemed to be around him, half undressed and asking him to stay with her as she slept, didn’t she worry at all what might happen? Was she suicidal or just that trusting?

It was raining hard, coming down in sheets in fact, the cold rain barely doing anything to soothe her wounds. She lay slumped against the stone wall of a dark alley, sitting amongst the trash. Her body ached with a ferocity she had never known, but slowly her pain was ebbing away, and she knew she was dying. Blood dripped out of her mouth and nose, staining her torn shirt with even more blood; she only started with blank eyes at the blood that soaked her clothes and stained the stones beneath her.

She could faintly hear people walking passed the alleyway, not knowing she was there or simply not caring. She was going to die alone, cold, and dirty in an alley. She barely noticed how much time had passed, or the fact that there was a boy now standing in front of her.

Back
Top Bottom