Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shiva the Cat's Super Awesome Soundtrack (Comments Welcome!)

Starting to get super pumped to finally see my family again at the end of this month. Still too much of a pussy to fly (but scheduled to get my first vaccine on the 13th!!) so y'all know what that means...

tenor.gif

It's about 15 hours from Colorado where I live to Wisconsin (the fair land of my birth), and since Mr. The Cat doesn't drive that means it's going to be 100% on me to get us there in one place. And as some of you might ALSO know...

original.gif

So now I'm in the process of assembling an UBER-PLAYLIST designed to be shuffled and wholly display my random-ass musical tastes. We're gonna mix up the metal with the 30s jazz with the Disney songs with the hipster folk music with the girl punk with the dead country singers and it is going to be absolutely delightful no matter what my husband tells you.

Digging through my account in alphabetical order, these dudes are the first one that come up (and that I listen to regularly) and I'm pretty sure I haven't posted anything by them before, so here's some Air Dubai:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evJUt-_EV1g

Had back to back meetings today FOR FIVE HOURS. More of the same coming tomorrow and Friday. Needless to say, I was feeling pretty stressed and burned out this evening, but then I remembered this song exists.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svJvUtCrvj0

I'm grateful that whoever wired my brain made it so easily amused that the stupidest shit will literally turn my bad moods around on a dime. hashtag blessed

Got my first shot today! Feeling a bit achy, will probably be slow to post until the weekend. I also got scheduled for my second one already, but of course it had to fall after I was supposed to head back east. So that trip is delayed until probably May 7th or 8th at least, which is disappointing (don't y'all just HATE it when you're sooooooooo close to getting something you've wanted for so long, and it just gets pulled a leetle bit farther out of reach?) but at least it'll be nice to be fully covered by the time I actually have to start interacting with people again.

Meanwhile, gonna stay positive, take some ibuprofin, and wonder why tf this band hasn't been trying to get the CDC to play this song like, nonstop while everyone gets their shots.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQKjI6395iU

It's a gloomy, gray day. No vaccine side effects so far, but somehow I just have no motivation to write these days. Not sure if it's a mood thing or a bad attention span or what, but I appreciate everyone's patience while I...do literally anything but just sit my ass down and get y'all the posts you deserve.

Hopefully by the weekend I'll feel a bit more productive, but most of you know how I am sometimes. The mojo will get here when it gets here, and not a second before.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4QKuy1MS1E

So I guess I'm one of those people whose bad moods can be solved by buying things. Good for you, capitalism, you got me again. But dammit, new clothes and a new purse always seem to cheer me up, and why the hell do I work so hard at my job if not to spend my money on frivolous things anyway?

Plus when I'm working remotely from my parents' house in a few weeks, they'll never figure out I've spent 95% of the past year in pajamas if I've got new sundresses and makeup on. As far as they know, I'm a Very Professional Person who definitely wears a bra and pants every single day.

Oh well, at least if I'm a yuppie sellout on the outside, I can still reminisce about the riot grrrl I once was (or longed to be, considering I was in elementary school in the 90s).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZLN-j1ugB4

Promise I'll get my shit together tomorrow, cross my heart!

Wellp, I didn't write a damn thing this weekend. My bad.

On the bright side, I still managed to make some candles, do some cooking, do some hiking, HAVE BRUNCH!!, and start getting my ducks in a row for my crazy long road trip next weekend.

Part of me wants to say I'll get posts out to everyone I owe to this week, but...let's be realistic, gang. I think we all know I'm not gonna get around to it. Too much packing and work stuff to take care of, plus I'm getting my second shot on Tuesday which will probably take me out of commission for a bit, meaning I need to cram all my shit into the four remaining days of the week.

Next week though I'm off work, with nothing to do but sit by my mom's pool and drink all her wine and eat all her food. I also don't have to be up early so I can stay up in the quiet of the evenings and write then. If everyone can just bear with me a teeny bit longer, I promise I'm gonna get y'all taken care of.

In the meantime, gotta keep building up that road trip playlist! I'd post it here but there's some things on it I'm not proud of and I must maintain my effortlessly cool facade at all costs. :cool:

So here's Son of a Preacher Man instead.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjydOI4MEIw

Laaaaaterz y'all!

Screenshot(1).png

But anyways...hey! How y'all doing? Just wanted to remind everyone that I am not in fact dead, or depressed, or even going through writer's block. I'm just really, really fucking busy. And yes, I know I was technically *on vacation*, but I come from one of those families where "vacation" means "Let's do 845 activities today and not sit down until 10pm!"

Well, either that or we start drinking at 11am. Either/or.

But it's been sooooooooo nice to see my family and old friends and go on adventures in my old stomping grounds. It's also been extra fun having Shiva Jr. along to roll in my parents' acres and acres of grass that no dog has peed on in years, although she was less impressed with the beach as a concept entirely (turns out she is not a fan of either waves or sand). I gotta say I was also shocked at how well she handled the drive out here, mostly sleeping and not complaining once about me singing along to my 20 hour playlist which served its purpose splendidly, I must say.

I'll be doing the trip again this coming Saturday, but should be back in my own house that night and ready to get back into the swing of things on Sunday. I'm working remotely here the rest of this week and doubt I'll be able to get any other posts out between now and then (but hey, at least I'm not holding up the group RP anymore), but who knows. If I can get my professional shit together in time, maybe I can squeak out one or two little ones between meetings.

I do feel like being forcefully prevented from writing (and by "forcefully prevented" I mean I was too drunk or tired to write. That or I really wanted to watch the old Batman show, which I've been doing before bed every night) has rekindled my muse and interest in posting. And 16 and a half hours in the car is plenty of time to think about characters, plot ideas, etc. I'm really hoping to get fully caught up with everything next week, and then maybe, just maybe, I might start thinking about picking up an extra plot or two.

Unless you people all choose to reply on the same day (like I know you do) and bury me back in my post hole again.

But nah, thanks again partners for putting up with my nonsense, and I promise I haven't forgotten a single one of you (my RP spreadsheet keeps flashing OVERDUE next to all y'all's names). We've got a three-day weekend coming up here soon and I'm planning to spend a good part of that writing, and frankly I'm super fucking excited.

In the meantime, here's the opening to the David Berkowitz documentary I've been watching with my parents.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqGsFJ2_2-A

could have sworn I posted in this more recently than 12 days ago...

Anyways, today in Shiva's Excuses for Not Writing:
spongebob-list-gif.gif

Nah, jk. There's only one reason, and it is because I am lazy as fuuuuuuuuuck.

This is absolutely NOT a reflection on any of my partners. I fully intended to get some posts out over the long weekend, but every time I looked at my laptop, my heart was just like "Nah, let's do something else." Which I think happens to all of us from time to time, and we probably all feel just as guilty about deciding to play video games/go outside/spend 6 hours at Ikea/argue with our spouses/eat a pint of ice cream at midnight, or whatever else we choose to do with our time.

But feeling guilty about not writing doesn't bring the spark back any quicker, so I've made the conscious effort not to feel bad about not writing. It's been an annoyingly difficult effort, but the effort has been made nonetheless.

Posts will come when they come, but I want to assure everyone I am NOT ghosting you, nor am I dead, having a health crisis, or been abducted by aliens. Now that I'm fully vaccinated (and with a decent amount of guilt-tripping and needling, so is my husband) I'm just super busy living my life and doing all the things I haven't been able to do for the last 15 months (Ikea was so great you guys, you have no idea how happy furniture shopping makes me).

The only downside is that this song has been stuck in my head the last three days. If I have to suffer with this, so do you.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO9xXk5qUtg

How about a classic summer jam?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akl3k1kcPvY

In RP news, I have a suspiciously light workload/meeting schedule this week, so I'm going to try and get totally caught up with everyone I owe posts to before Friday (which I apparently have off work in observation of Juneteenth? Thank god for progressive-leaning tech companies I guess!).

If I don't get to you by then though--or if you're one of those speedy responders who enjoys putting me at the bottom of the reply hole--I probably won't get anything out between 7/19 and 7/26, on account of my dad is visiting me and now that Covid is more or less under control here there's actually fun things to do and I am going to be very busy playing tourist for a week.

Hope y'all are staying cool and hydrated in the meantime, and remember to wear your sunscreen! ☀️⛱️🚰

Oh haaaaaaaaaay everybody. It's me, Shiva the Slow, first of her name, breaker of bottles, lacker of time-management skills...

Seriously, this summer has just been whoosh so far. First it was vacation, then redoing the office, then holy shit the weather got so nice I climbed so many mountains you guys, then people were visiting me, then I was visiting other things...but I finally feel like I have a chance to breathe now. Work is still nuts, but at least my weekends feel like they're mine again, and I'm actually really looking forward to getting fully caught up probably this Saturday or Sunday, if not sooner.

And dare I say it...might it be time for me to start looking for maybe one more story to work on? I've seen a few RTs out there I've seriously considered replying to, but considering I'm barely keeping my head above water with the few partners I have right now, it really doesn't seem fair to me to pick up another one and keep everyone waiting all the longer. Man, I kind of miss winter, when I couldn't go anywhere and had nothing to do but spend all my free time writing.

In the meantime, Within Temptation has a new one out that's pretty good. Was groovin' to this at the gym today. Also, I went to the gym for the first time in over a year :heart: Gotta step up the training if I want to get in a 10-12 mile hike yet this summer. So there's one more excuse for my slowness if you need it.

Namasté y'all.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG-VDwEA6hI

Woke up with this song stuck in my head:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUmZp8pR1uc

No, this does not explain my continued slowpokery. Although I think I fucked my knee up after hiking too much this weekend 😭 Hoping it gets better by Saturday, otherwise I might really end up in rehab and not the fun kind with emotionally unavailable but creatively brilliant substance abusers.

Me: I am definitely going to start posting more often.

Also Me:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXqtkw6f0i8

In my defense, I'm prepping for Road Trip 2 Electric Boogaloo. Leaving Shiva Jr. at home with Mr. the Cat this time, so nothing but me and my thoughts for 14 hours of driving. On the bright side, gives me time to practice singing Anna of Cleves' part in Six (yes I am still obsessed with that musical, this is me now).

I'll only be gone a week this time, and not working at ALL thank fucking god. Hoping to get in some poolside writing during the days, otherwise I expect to be back on 9/5 with 9/6 as a good catchup day off.

In the meantime, posts will come when they come, as I'm sure y'all have learned to expect.

Who has two thumbs and is totally caught up with posts?

bitch.gif

Having Monday off REALLY helped me get out of the (admittedly shallow) post hole I was in, and honestly the short week overall has me in a pretty good mood. A bit bummed DnD was cancelled for the night, but probably a good thing considering I have this weird tickle in my throat and keep coughing up stuff? Imma blame that shit on the construction going across the road though. Nothing like inhaling a little dirt to give the ole respiratory system a workout.

Anyways here's some White Lies.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xbGwzmldIo

It's always neat when you're writing and a perfect background song for a scene happens to come on by chance. This one popped up while working on the latest post for Parables.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDvHznAwNU4

On a related note, can't believe that one's coming up on a year too! This is now my longest running RP that has absolutely nothing to do with Lord of the Rings, which is quite an achievement in my book.

Now if you'll all excuse me, I'm off to bump my RT. I really want to play a hobbit character...

Dunno about you guys, but I am sooooooooo ready for Halloween!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kildIsvb_P4

I feel like I have to make up for the fucking terrible time I had last year (staying home watching DCOMs until 4 am and praying they didn't find any cancer during my surgery), but hopefully the spookeasy turns out as amazing as I think it's going to be. Even if it isn't, I'm still partying with some new gal friends which is something I haven't been able to do in YEARS, even before COVID fucking ruined my social life.

Also, my little brother is coming to stay with me for a couple nights, so probably won't get much writing done tomorrow. Will try to get some stuff out Saturday before I put on my sparkly best and head into the city, but there is a very good chance I may be hungover Sunday and won't get anything done then either. Also apparently my job wants to drop another huge project on my lap next week, just as I'm wrapping up the last one that killed me, so that could impede my response times as well. We shall have to see.

In the meantime, everyone party safe and remember to always say "Goodbye" on the Ouija board when you're done!

Back
Top Bottom