Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shiva the Cat's Super Awesome Soundtrack (Comments Welcome!)

WARNING: Spooky fucking story below. This is not a creepypasta, this just happened while I was walking the dog. I feel like I should post it here so that if the ghosts get me, y'all will know who to blame.

Some of you know I live on the eastern foothills of the Rocky Mountains, not far from a city that rhymes with schmenver. I'd say my house is in an area that could be considered suburban, but only recently so. Our house was built in '08 (Mr. The Cat and I are the second owners), and there's still a shit ton of prairie/high plains around us at the moment, although most of it has been parceled out for subdivisions. They're in the process of building one across the road from our neighborhood, and being the nosy person I am I decided to take a wander over there just now while taking the puppy out for her nightly constitutional.

Now as far as I can tell, the houses are not currently inhabited in this particular subdivision. Most of them aren't even finished on the inside, and only a handful have siding on them already. It's a Sunday night, and there isn't a vehicle or a person in sight, so naturally it creeped me the fuck out when I started hearing a music box version of this song.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY5GUdX-_c8

What the fuck?

At first I thought--weird as it was--it might be an ice cream truck, even though I haven't seen one of those since I lived in Milwaukee twenty years ago. But nah, like I said there was not a vehicle in sight, and why in god's name would an ice cream truck be driving around the middle of nowhere playing creepy ass music at sundown? I mean drugs maybe, but we live in fucking Colorado, you can literally go to a store and buy as much weed as you want, no questions asked. But here's what freaked me out the most.

I, having had enough of this nonsense, decided to turn my ass around and go back home. And I swear to god y'all, the music was fucking following me. It never got quieter even when I got back into my own neighborhood, and I could hear it right until I came back in the house and told my very cynical husband what had happened.

So yeah, creepy invisible music boxes are creepy. Also, if anyone was expecting my dog to protect me, she's 12 pounds and looks like this:

IMG_1024.jpg

Super terrifying, I know.

Having another one of my bad spells, folks. Gonna throw myself a little pity party beneath the vid and you're all invited, but in the meantime I'm going to try to cheer myself up with some Gord (haters can fuck right off) and I don't know what else. Posts might be delayed, might be prompt, I honestly don't know at this point. Worst case scenario I expect by Friday-Saturday I should be in a better place to write, but right now I'm just not in the proper mindset.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OsonnGnXQU

I keep thinking back to a year ago.

In 2019 I took this particular week off and went back east to visit my family. I actually saw them a lot last year because my little sister got married, and I was also going through a bad patch with my husband and handled it like the professional I am: running home to mommy. The August trip was a good one though. All the wedding shit was over and I had absolutely nothing to do but hang out with my parents (who I actually really like, but that's easy when you live 1500 miles away from them) and enjoy my favorite time of year.

I had also just booked a trip to Theme Park World with my little brother, and the excitement of that trip seriously helped me get through the rest of summer, fall, and most of winter with a smile on my face. That trip did actually end up taking place this past January, right before the whole world went to shit, and not gonna lie: it was a blast. I got back and was ready to start planning another trip, any trip, ideally with my husband who was just getting over...certain legal issues that would not allow him to leave the state.

Then shit hit the fan.

I've mentioned to some that Mr. The Cat has an immune disorder. He came down with an almost lethal case of the flu in the first week of March, right when COVID was beginning to shut everything down in our state. I seriously thought I was going to end up a 30-year-old widow at the time, but thankfully he pulled through, and over the past four months he is almost all the way back to his annoying-me-to-death self. We've both been healthy since then, and we've somehow both kept our jobs (both working from home, which has been its own challenge in our tiny-ass house), so I know I have no right to be bitching about any of this, but I find myself just wanting to get the fuck out of here, with or without my husband at this point.

The most annoying part is I could do it. I've hardly taken any time off since March, and money really isn't an issue for us. My parents' door is open, or I could book a trip to almost anywhere else in the US for almost nothing (probably won't be able to leave the country for at least a year though, judging the way the way we're handling the virus overall). But I'm so damn scared of infecting anyone or getting sick myself that day after day I just stay in or near the house, never going anywhere but the grocery store every two weeks, and it's just taking this major toll on my mind. I could take the time off work I guess, but to do what? Read, play video games, post on BMR? Shit, I do all of that every day anyways (my job is a fucking joke). I may as well just keep at it and make myself look good professionally while doing nothing.

I'm extra annoyed because I can't even go out to the trailheads anymore, because so many asshole tourists from the city and beyond have decided to clog every single open space in a fifty mile radius. So many times I've been tempted to say "Fuck it" and just chance it myself, but then I think about my husband back home and how scary it was back in March. If I brought back even a normal bug that he couldn't fight off, let alone COVID, I could never forgive myself.

So I sit at home watching travel videos on YouTube and wishing things were different. I haven't seen my brother in six months, and I haven't seen my mom and sister in more than a year. I haven't seen my childhood best friend in two years. She still lives in the same city where we grew up and I WILL NEVER FORGIVE MYSELF for not going to see her last year because I thought I would be going back for a visit this past spring. We were even talking about going to Mardi Gras together just to cross something off our high school bucket list. The one bright spot is that I did get to see my dad in June, but I worry about him all the time anyway because he's over 55, not in great health, lives alone, and still seems to think the virus is a hoax :rolleyes:

I know this is just a shit ton of whining from a privileged white woman, hence why I put this all under a spoiler. I could have put this in an even more private journal, but I have some amazing partners right now that I just respect the shit out of, and they deserve to know why the usually zen Aunt Shiva isn't in a place to reply right now. Partners: Y'all know who you are and I appreciate the shit out of you for putting up with me. Just give me a few days to remind myself of all of the good I have going right now and find something new to look forward to, and I promise I'll be right as rain eventually.

Namasté my darlings.

Hey Shiva,

I almost didn't see your spoiler tag at first!

Sorry to hear you are in a rough patch. Not that it helps, but you definitely aren't alone in feeling blue during in this pandemic social weirdness. As someone who also likes to travel, it's been a rough five months. Then there are all the people that are flying and traveling like normal that drive me crazy. Only suggestion I have, to get away, is going camping which helps clear my mind at least and if you hike in, eliminates the crowds!

Take the time off and drive somewhere to do stuff outdoors while the weather is nice!

-Nightmare

11 hours of sleep and not a single nightmare. Someone’s slacking off.

OddballMixedEarwig-size_restricted.gif

Here's a warning to all you young folks in/about to be in college:

While it is possible to get a real, lucrative career in tech with nothing more than a BA in creative writing (because no one bullshits like an English Major, amirite?), sometimes your bosses will still make you do SO MUCH MATH and Excel will make you its bitch by crashing every time you have more than three windows open and you'll start drinking at noon even though it's only fucking Tuesday and anyways that why I don't have posts for anyone today. Hopefully tomorrow!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1H99SclU9c

Important update to this story:

WARNING: Spooky fucking story below. This is not a creepypasta, this just happened while I was walking the dog. I feel like I should post it here so that if the ghosts get me, y'all will know who to blame.

Some of you know I live on the eastern foothills of the Rocky Mountains, not far from a city that rhymes with schmenver. I'd say my house is in an area that could be considered suburban, but only recently so. Our house was built in '08 (Mr. The Cat and I are the second owners), and there's still a shit ton of prairie/high plains around us at the moment, although most of it has been parceled out for subdivisions. They're in the process of building one across the road from our neighborhood, and being the nosy person I am I decided to take a wander over there just now while taking the puppy out for her nightly constitutional.

Now as far as I can tell, the houses are not currently inhabited in this particular subdivision. Most of them aren't even finished on the inside, and only a handful have siding on them already. It's a Sunday night, and there isn't a vehicle or a person in sight, so naturally it creeped me the fuck out when I started hearing a music box version of this song.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY5GUdX-_c8

What the fuck?

At first I thought--weird as it was--it might be an ice cream truck, even though I haven't seen one of those since I lived in Milwaukee twenty years ago. But nah, like I said there was not a vehicle in sight, and why in god's name would an ice cream truck be driving around the middle of nowhere playing creepy ass music at sundown? I mean drugs maybe, but we live in fucking Colorado, you can literally go to a store and buy as much weed as you want, no questions asked. But here's what freaked me out the most.

I, having had enough of this nonsense, decided to turn my ass around and go back home. And I swear to god y'all, the music was fucking following me. It never got quieter even when I got back into my own neighborhood, and I could hear it right until I came back in the house and told my very cynical husband what had happened.

So yeah, creepy invisible music boxes are creepy. Also, if anyone was expecting my dog to protect me, she's 12 pounds and looks like this:

View attachment 6591

Super terrifying, I know.

So I was walking the dog again tonight when I heard the SAME FUCKING SONG coming from the SAME FUCKING EMPTY NEIGHBORHOOD. Luckily this time I was on the phone with my mom, who also heard the music, and could therefore vouch I was not crazy. It was extra spooky this time because the music was so loud it could be heard over the phone, and I was yet again sure it was following me when out onto the main road came...yep, you guessed it.

A fucking ice cream truck.

Still kind of sketchy for an ice cream truck to hang around a neighborhood with no one in it, but at least it's not the ghost of a murdered child or some other nonsense. In short, I am a cowardly dumb-dumb who has had enough of all this 2020 nonsense.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GhPUAVgHZc

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

You don't think it's creepy that the ice cream truck "person" is cruising an empty subdivision on a Sunday evening blasting Rudy Vallee?

Ok, maybe I should be less subtle in our story then. :p

You don't think it's creepy that the ice cream truck "person" is cruising an empty subdivision on a Sunday evening blasting Rudy Vallee?

Ok, maybe I should be less subtle in our story then. :p
Well it's creepy in the probably-dealing-drugs-or-planning-to-steal-copper-wiring sense, but not creepy in the demonic sense.

But yeah, when in doubt Rudy Vallee makes everything creepier.

Hey, this is your boss.

Why did you send me an email during work describing Carmen on an airship kissing a rocket-pack wearing aviator?

Back
Top Bottom