Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How to Care for Your Human [Gambuiness x Degu]

Matthew felt a lump in his throat when he saw Letas reaction. A moment later, after he looked to Serenity the lump was gone and he started to feel very uncomfortable since the both didn't stopped kissing and smiling. Charles hand even went to her butt as if they were fully making out. They are fully making out!
Realizing that he was starring, Matthew turned away to Serenity.

''Not what I expected. Come, let them have a moment alone. We can carry the packages together to your room.'' He left the room, went to the entrance hall and looked at all the packages. When he heard Serenity coming he turned to her,
''This all must seem really crazy for you. You know, before Charles came here, there wasn't much beauty in his life, quite the opposite. When he asked me today for the tattoo, he called me brother. He never did that before. Charles never knew his family or what it is like to have parents or siblings. By asking for a permanent tattoo, for us that means as if he is asking us to adopt him. That means the world to Leta and me. Do you know the concept of a permanent tattoo?''
Grabbing one of the packages from the pile, he turned around and held it mid air, so that Serenity could take it.

Behind Serenity he saw Charles carrying Leta down the hall to his room and he grinned. 'Those two.'

Last edited:
This is so awkward.

Standing there unsure of what to do, Serenity kept her eyes away from the joyous couple. Matthew was a welcome distraction even as she kept her distance, letting out a laugh of disbelief. Why everyone kept insisting they enjoyed having her there so much, she simply couldn't understand. She didn't speak to them unless she needed to, and she certainly didn't touch them. It had been a full week before she'd had any type of contact with Matthew, and it had been accidental, at that.

"That's sweet, I'm glad you are all happy." She shrugged, taking several of her new items and started towards her room. "No, I don't. I told you I didn't want a tattoo, and I meant it. That hasn't changed." Adopt. It was so strange when speaking about an adult, and she only shook her head as the happy couple passed. "Good for them."

''Change of plans, your room is too close to their rooms. What do you say, we let them have their privacy and start by cleaning the kitchen. Those packages won't run away.'' As he went to the kitchen he replied to her.
''I know that you are not interested in getting a tattoo and I accept that. Just like I did it with Charles. I don't have the urge to show anyone, that I claim you as my property. That would be so far from the truth. Just like Letas' tattoo or Charles' tattoo isn't there to show that they are property of someone. Quite the opposite in fact.''

Matthew got a handbrush, a dustpan and a brush. He started off by brushing the pieces of ceramic together and pushing them onto the dustpan before they landed in the garbage.
After twenty minutes they were done and the kitchen was clean again.

''O, you already finished everything here on your own.'' said Leta, standing in the doorframe of the kitchen. Her hair was a wild mess but she doesn't seem to have realized it. Charles appeared behind her with a big smile on his face.
''Charles, you bring the packages of Serenity to her room and I prepare the living room for later.'' Both moved away and did their thing.

Matthew turned to Serenity, ''Well, looks like we have a little free time. You probably want to finally get your hands on your new clothes. So yeah, ehm have fun.''
Matthew didn't really know where to turn to, so he turned to the coffee machine and started it. He had no desire for coffee right now but didn't knew what else to say to Serenity. ''Do you maybe want a coffee too?''

"Oh, right." Putting the packages back down with a small nod, she followed him back to the kitchen and started helping to clean up the mess. It was a relief that he wasn't expecting her to get a tattoo, as the thought of any mark on her was absolutely terrifying. Granted it would be easier than wearing a collar whenever she had to go out, but it was also permanent, something she would never be able to get rid of if she did it.

"Alright." She wasn't sure what he meant by it being opposite, but didn't question it and instead set to work finishing cleaning the mess with him. Thankfully it didn't take too long, and she jumped at the sound of Leta's voice. She'd been so caught up in her own thoughts she hadn't even heard either her or Charles approach, ducking away a bit with a cautious smile.

"Yes, it will be nice to have something of my own. I've never really had anything like this, so I'm kind of.. Excited, I guess." It felt strange to admit it, and she hovered near the edge of the room as he went about making coffee. "That would be nice, yes. I'm going to go change first, though." She was already out of the room by the time the last word left her mouth, fleeing to her room to start sorting through her new things.

It was still hard to believe they were hers, that she could choose what to wear, and when, without any type of consequence. Comfort was key, and after selecting a pair of basic undergarments, Serenity was wiggling into a pair of black sweatpants and a matching T-shirt. They were far more comfortable than anything she'd ever worn in her life, and there was a smile on her face as she continued going through the things. What she hadn't expected to find was a hoodie clearly far too large for her, and she held it up curiously. It must have been meant for Matthew, and she draped it over her arm before going back to the kitchen.

"I think this is supposed to be yours." Stepping towards him, she stretched out her arm as far as she could to hold it out. "It's clearly far too big for me, you've got a lot of height on me, and this would be a dress on me."

He heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen and prepared the cup of coffee for Serenity. When she held the hoodie in her stretched out arm he reached out for it and wanted to grab it but in that exact moment the coffee machine steamed the milk of her coffee and the loud sound surprised Matthew. He grabbed the hodie but although touched one of her fingers briefly.

In an instant his whole body was flooded again with this intense feeling he felt earlier that day. He quickly withdraw his hands from her and held the hoodie in his arms.
''Sorry, really that was not intentionally. I got surprised by the sound of the coffee machine. Once again, I'm sorry.''

He stood there for a moment and tried to capture the feeling but it was gone the moment their touch ended. All that was left was the longing to get this feeling back and to .. yeah, and to what? Keep it?

Charles went to Leta after he brought all the packages to Serenitys' room. Leta was preparing the couches in front of the TV but looked somewhat unhappy. As he looked at her and raised on of his eyebrows she started to talk.
''You know, I somehow get the feeling that both of our housemates could be getting along quite well if they would stop being so overly dramatic and over the top distant with each other. I don't know, sometimes there is this tense air between the two of them.''
Charles grinned and remembered his moment with Matthew in his study room.
''So I thought, we remove the third couch, the little one. That way we only have the two big couches left. We would occupy one and well, you know where this will lead, right?'' Charles just looked at her and raised his eyebrow again.
''Don't look at me like that, I trust my intsinct. So would you help me and remove the third couch? Pretty please?''

A moment later the third couch was removed.

Last edited:
Letting out a small shriek of surprise, Serenity jumped back more from the noise than the actual contact. The contact had startled her as well, the fact that the same moment of peace had filled her entire body for the duration of it. It didn't make sense to her, and she rubbed at her hand with a confused expression before moving around him to get her coffee.

"It's fine. I'm going to go see if Charles and Leta need help with anything." Escaping with her coffee in hand, she stopped the moment she saw the furniture. Hadn't there been three couches before? Looking between the two of them with a bit of suspicion, she finally shrugged and sipped on her coffee. "Since I apparently don't have a choice about this, what are we watching?" She was already tired after the events of the day, overly stressed and ready to go to bed. "I only have to watch for a little while, right? I don't want to fall asleep and end up rolling onto the floor or anything."

Everyone was in the living room, so Matthew took the chance, slipped out of his shirt and into his new hoodie. Mira really knew what a good hoodie looks like. The hoodie felt good on his skin but since he touched Serenity, nothing felt as good as it did before the touch.

Emptying his coffee, he went to the living room and saw, that one couch was occupied by Leta and Charles. Serenity sat on the second big couch. ''Leta, wasn't there always a third couch?'' He went to Serenity and as he sat down by her side, he said to her, ''I hope you don't mind.''

Leta replied to Matthew, ''Yes but I took the cover from it and washed it.''

Matthew saw Chalres grin through the corner of his eyes and knew, that the two were up tp something. Before he could say something, Leta grabbed the remote and started the movie. It was the favourite movie of Leta and Charles, About Time.
And yeah, Matthew had to admit that this movie really was something. So it wasn't hard for him to lean back, relax and watch the movie. The movie became a background noise quickly and he thought about the day and he thought about Serenity. Is there something he could do, so she likes being here? That she feels more comfortable? Maybe he shoud just ask her. Yes, tomorrow he would ask her if there is ... is ... someth ... .

Matthews' eyes slowly closed as he drifted to sleep.

"I can't very well tell you to sit on the floor of your own house, and I'm certainly not going to. I'm going to take full advantage of not having to sit or sleep on one anymore." She shrugged, fixing her shirt and getting comfortable. Her coffee didn't last long, the cup set down as she tried to keep her attention solely on the movie, and not the slight discomfort of being so close to someone. They weren't touching, so it was bearable enough and the tiredness was quickly setting in. The movie played as she slowly grew more relaxed in her seat, leaning slightly to the side as she nearly dozed off multiple times.

More than once she nearly left the couch to take herself to her room and to bed, but the first glance from Leta at her near attempt kept her rooted to the couch. Her eyelids grew heavy, drooping until they finally closed even as she felt herself bumping up against Matthew's side. While her first instinct normally would have been to panic and fling herself from the couch, she was too tired to do anything more than let her head fall against him without being uncomfortable, the movie's noises pulling her quickly into sleep.

Leta boxed Charles into his side as the movie came to an end. Pointing with her fingers over to Serenity and Matthew, encouraging him to look over. As he did, he saw the both, sitting on the couch, leaned against each other. Both were asleep and seemed to be perfectly happy with the position they were in.

Charles thought about, if what Leta and he prepared here today was ok. They set them up and now this. Of course he knew that Leta did it with the best intentions in mind but what if it all goes wrong? What if Serenity wakes up and is angry again? But Leta did what she always did. 'Don't think too much about, what might be and make the most of the moment you are in.'
He saw her going over to them and trying to lay them down. If she keeps on doing, what she is doing, she will only wake them up. So he went over to her and helped her to lay them down. When they were done, Matthew was spooning Serenity and had his arm lying down his leg. To embrace Serenity with it, as Leta tried to position them, would be too much. So Charles decided to interfere.
A moment later they covered them with a blanket, put the lights out and left the room. They were not done with their private celebration. After Leta left the room, Charles lifted her up into his arms and carried her to his room, never stopping to kiss her.

A few hours later Matthew woke up and didn't realize immediately, where he was. When he did, his first instinct was to be quiet and leave. But her touch was enough to keep him in place, his chest touching her back was, even though they were still wearing their clothes, enough to experience this feeling again. Serenity was breathing deeply, she was surely asleep. Here's hoping that she is not angry when she wakes up. He closed his eyes again and enjoyed this wonderful feeling, enjoyed having Serenity so close, as he drifted back to sleep. As his body relaxed, his arm dropped from his leg, over Serenity and it rested, laying with the arm on her site and his hand on the couch, right in front of her belly.

Stirring slightly when Leta began to move her, Serenity let out a quiet noise and some mumbled words before relaxing again. She was far, far too tired to react as she normally would have, making no effort to stop either person from situating her in a more comfortable position. Even when the blanket landed over them and the lights went out she didn't stir, sleeping soundly for several hours until Matthew woke.

She didn't wake fully, eyes not even opening as she shifted a bit to get closer to the warmth. It was soothing, although the lack of skin contact made it far less potent than it had earlier. At some point throughout the remainder of the night she had rolled over, hands tucked between their bodies as her head rested against his shoulder. It was only her unpleasant dreams that woke her, eyes shooting open with a loud gasp. She didn't register where she was at first, eyes unfocused as she sat up abruptly and stared around the room.

When had she laid down on the couch, and how had she managed to do it almost draped over Matthew? She finally managed to bring herself back to reality, staring at her shaking hands before one covered her face. The other reached toward him before she could stop herself, latching onto the first bit of skin in an attempt to soothe herself with the hope of that peaceful feeling again. It was faintly present, but the small contact from his hand wasn't nearly enough to pull her from the fright of her dreams.

As the warmth left his side, he woke up from the feeling of cool air around his belly. His hoddie must have moved up a little when he shifted last night. Opening his eyes slowly he realized, that Serenity was still by his side. She sat beside him and was trembling a little. One moment later he felt her hand searching and finding his hand. But when she was about to reach his hand, she stopped and touched his hand very carefully with her own hand. The feeling was not as intense as it was before, it was gentle and caring.

It was obvious to him, that she was afraid of something and hoped, that it wasn't him who was the reason for her fear. Though she probably had experienced more than enough tortures and horrors in her life until now, to have enough reason to be afraid.

His next move wasn't really a conscious decision, it was a feeling he had inside. It led him to do what he was about to do. Not thinking if he went too far or not. The fear and pain she felt, it caused a urge in him to be there and to show her, that she is safe here. That she has nothing to fear when he is close by. So he reached out with his hand and placed it under her hand while he sat up and leaned against her back. His hand still lying gently under hers.

Jumping as she felt the hand she'd grabbed for move, Serenity swore profusely under her breath. She hadn't even realized Matthew had woken up, likely as a result of her suddenly grabbing his hand. She still wasn't sure how they'd ended up in that position, but if she had to guess, Leta and Charles had something to do with it. Regardless, none of that was important now, the hand on her face falling to her lap as she sniffled.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." Her voice sounded rough, shaky, even to her. The tears were already forming in the corners of her eyes as she sniffled again, immediately pulling her hand away from his when they started to fall. "Dammit." Wiping at her eyes furiously in a failed attempt to stop them, she let out a noise of pure frustration and sadness before finally giving up. She knew it had to happen sometime, but this was probably the worst possible time to break down and start crying. "I'm sorry." Mumbling the words again and wiping her hands on her pants, she let out a long, shaky sigh. "Will you just.. Sit here with me, for a minute?" She didn't look over her shoulder to where he'd leaned against her back, just held her hand out to the side without another word, a clear question to him.

As she started to sniff and tried to wipe the tears from her face, he somehow felt her sadness. The terror of the past finally caught up, maybe because she felt the same when they touched and without of their touch, the negative emotions became so much more intense.
''I stay here for as long as you like.'' He reached his hand out and laid it into hers. With his chest leaned against her back and her hand in his he just remained there giving her the space she needed for her emotions.

The thought crossed his mind, that Leta knew how he felt and that she set them up. He wasn't mad at her, the opposite was the case. She did everything right.
The spark, the feeling of safety and peace was still there but it felt different. As if her emotions mixed into them and he was able to feel them too or at least a bit of them. As if she shared them with him, allowed him a short moment to see, what was behind all of those walls she build up to protect herself.

It surely has been a long time since she let someone see, what is going on with her. The thought of what she must have gone through and how she feels right now mad him sad too. But then he thought about, how happy he was, that she is there with him and how the event at the mall, their first touch changed everything for him. How he looked at her in a different way now and how much he wanted to stay close to her. He concentrated on all those feelings. If he could feel, what is going on with her, maybe she could feel what his inside looks like.

So he relaxed his mind and laid open all of his thoughts, his fears and his desires.

On the bright side, neither Charles or Leta had managed to appear in the room, which either meant it was very early, or they were just staying out of the way. Whichever was the case, she was thankful that there were less people to see her emotions finally coming out. After years and years of being treated poorly, she was finally somewhere that she was safe. A word she never thought to apply to her life, yet there she was, as if it was a dream.

She didn't say a word, couldn't say a word as she sat there with her hand in his. Even the size difference didn't make her pull away, but made her grip his hand tighter instead. There was something so nice about finding comfort in someone so much larger than her, someone that had no intention to harm her in any way. It seemed she'd gotten incredibly lucky, years of fighting forcing her into a home that was more a home than anywhere else she'd ever been.

Her eyes closed as she tried to relax, jumping a bit when she first felt something that wasn't coming from her, but him? The different emotions were confusing, from the fear that wasn't her own, to the feelings about her coming from Matthew. Where they had suddenly come from she had no idea, but feeling his emotions like that made her do something she never would have thought to do.

Letting go of his hand, she pulled away and turned on the couch, pulling her legs up to tuck under her. The look on her face clearly displayed her uneasiness, her hands reaching out before she wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned forward. The increased contact was an instant relief, her face pressing against his neck as she held him in an incredibly awkward hug. "Thank you."

Slowly she calmed down and Matt was hoping, that they could prolong this moment a little longer. When she pulled her hand from his, he was still hapy to have shared this moment with her. Little did he expect what came next when she turned around and embraced him in a hug. It was overwhelming to have her so close to him.
Overwhelming and beautiful.

''No need to thank me, I am glad that you are here.'' Way more than he wanted to let her know right now. He hugged her back but only with one arm that laid so around her, that his hand laid between her shoulder blades. Making sure to not put any pressure behind it so that she knew, that she could break the hug whenever she wanted. It was the one thing, right now even the only thing that mattered to him, that she feels safe.

Nodding against him wordlessly, Serenity only tightened her grip with a quiet sniffle. The arm around her made itself known with a gentle touch, and a slight shift of her body showed there was nothing else holding her in place. Nothing to stop her from running if she chose to do so. Even still, she stayed there for nearly a full minute before pulling back, nearly tumbling off the couch when she stood so quickly.

"I'm going to take a shower and get dressed, I need to be ready when Leta tells me what to do for the day." She didn't wait for an answer, abruptly turning and leaving the room so fast that it was nearly a run. What the hell had she just been doing? Her hands were shaking when she reached her room, grabbing some of her new clothes before going to the bathroom. Today wasn't going to be awkward, or anything, of course not.

The bathroom door clicked shut as she went in, her clothes quickly hitting the floor as she started up the water and ducked inside. Cuddling. She'd been cuddling the man who had bought her, and then turned around and hugged him! Used him to keep her safe from the nightmares that had plagued her. Still, it had been enjoyable, comforting, even, but it wasn't something she could just go around asking for whenever she wanted. Right?

The hug, though from a little awkward position, filled him up with so much joy and peace. Somehow he wanted to never let this hug end. But like everything that is good, it had to come to an end. When Serenity broke the hug, stood up and quickly left the room, he wanted to say something but no words came to his mind. Words either way couldn't describe what he wanted to let her know. Though one question lingered in his head and somehow remained. She is feeling it too, right?

Reminiscing about the last twenty four hours, he couldn't do anything else but grin. The shopping trip wasn't what he expected it to be and getting her out of the house once again will be a challenge. But he was still happy that they went there and that everything happened as it did, otherwise he probably never would have touched her. But what is that, that he is feeling, that is happening to him when they touch? Do Leta and Charles feel the same, when they touch? Does it somehow have something to do with Serenity?

So many unanswered questions, but he couldn't care less. Like a drug addict he was only thinking about the next time, when he can get his dose of Serenity again. He will get another dose right? He won't get any answers to his questions without of a coffee, so he went to the kitchen and started the coffee machine.

Leta woke up by a tingly feeling between her legs. Between her legs??? ''Charles? You just can't get enough right?'' This man was sometimes just too much. All day he is like a shy big teddy who looks away as soon as someone is looking too long into his eyes. But as soon as the door to their bedroom is closed and the clothes are scattered across the room, he just can't get enough. And she enjoyed it. He made her feel like she would be twenty years younger. Only he could do that. ''That feels good, please just keep ...''

Interrupted by the sound of the shower she was a little confused. Hasn't she just checked the clock a moment ago? Normally Matthew wakes up in one hour and during the last week, Serenity woke up when Leta came out of the bath. Leta assumed, that Serenity never had her own room, maybe not even her own bed until now and slept better than ever before. At least that was what she was hoping.
She checked the clock once again and it hasn't changed. Way too early for them all to be awake. Except of course for Leta and Charles who always woke up before everyone else and like little kids, sneaked into the bedroom of the other to use the extra hour to fool around a little.

Charles too heard the shower and stopped to delight Leta with a long sigh. This was his favourite time of the day and it should only belong to them both. What is going on here? He looked up to Leta and they both knew, that their fun time just came to an end. Especially when they heard the coffee machine from the kitchen. Now they were both really confused. If one person is showering, and another is using the coffee machine, they both must be awake? At the same time?
Charles looked up to Leta and saw, that they both thought the same?

Did they wake up together?

''You go to the kitchen and bring him to talk, I try to talk to Serenity when she comes out of the bath.'' said Leta with a big grin to Charles.

Matthew sipped from his coffee when Charles entered the kitchen. He was pretty sure that he and Leta set them up last night. Was he mad because of it? Surely not but he although didn't wanted to let them know everything. What was currently going on was something between Serenity and him. No one else needed to know about it, at least not right now. But of course they wanted to see if their plan was a success and surely were hoping to get some extra infos. So before Charles could make any gestures about, why Matthew is already awake and if everything is ok, Matthew started to speak.

''Sorry that I interrupted your early morning fun time.'' Matthew couldn't deny the satisfaction he felt, when Charles eyes widened as if he had been caught stealing something. It never really was a secret to him that they had fun nearly every morning before the sun rises.
The question caught him off guard and he probably even forgot why he came to Matthew.
''I just couldn't sleep anymore and really needed a coffee. Could you help me to set up the table?''

Absent, Charles helped him to put everything together for their breakfast and was unsure, if that now meant the end of his favourite time of the day. As if Matthew felt what was going on with him he told him, ''Don't worry buddy, I won't tell Leta that I know. Keep on having fun you too.''

A huge stone fell of Charles heart when he heard Matthews words. Before he knew, he reached out too Matthew and gave him a hug. 'Thank you'

Last edited:
"What the hell are you doing, girl?" Standing under the hot rubbing at her arms, Serenity sniffled and wiped her eyes. She could handle this, she was an adult. She'd endured far worse than falling asleep with someone like that, but it was all so damn confusing. Just the fact of waking up safe had caught her off guard, and the near silence she'd received rather than being chastised or pushed for an explanation. No, she'd been comforted in the best way Matthew could manage.

"Dammit." Grabbing her soap, she began scrubbing at her skin so furiously it started to turn red. Only when she realized she was being too rough did she calm down, setting it back down and rinsing herself up. It stung slightly as her skin adjusted, the pain going away after just a short minute. With a sigh of relief as she grabbed the shampoo, she lathered her hair up and went to work. If she could get through the morning without things being overly awkward, she could get through the rest of the day. Then the next, and the next.

The rest of her shower didn't take much longer, a bit to her dismay, and she was back into her room with a towel for her hair. Her choice of clothing was simple, a pair of boot cut jeans and a black T-shirt, both of which could afford to be dirty from cleaning. A pair of socks and shoes later she was preparing to go to the kitchen, hanging the towel back in the bathroom and stretching out. All she needed was her coffee, and to mentally prepare herself for breakfast with everyone that hopefully wouldn't involve a lot of questions. Preferably none at all, but that was unlikely.

Leta waited in her room with her ear pressed against her door. Trying to find out when Serenity is done with the shower. Her curiosity grew stronger with each passing moment and in her head she already was sure, that they both were making love when they woke up this morning. Well, a girl can dream.
Lost in her thoughts she missed the moment when the bathroom door opened and Serenity went back to her room, she just heard Serenitys' door closing. Damn, this girl is just was way to silent or she was way to lost in her little mind games.

What was she doing here? No matter what happened, Serenity would never talk about it. This girl needs her space so Leta decided to stop snooping around. She had more than enough to do today but first she needed her coffee and after that a proper shower.

Matthew and Charles already prepared everything for the breakfast and Leta received her coffee from Charles. Matthew placed another cup under the machine and pushed the button with the S on it. Leta was way too curious to not even ask Matthew about the last night.
''Sooo, how did you sleep last night?'' asked Leta.
''Good, how come you are asking, you never ask me about my sleep?'' He knew what she wanted to hear but he had no intention to tell her anything.
''Oh just out of curiosity. So nothing happened last night?'' Leta could be persistent when she wanted to.
Matthew grinned to himself before he turned around to her, ''Well, at one point I closed my eyes and fell asleep and later I opened them again and was awake.''
Leta grumbled to herself but didn't expect anything else from Matthew. For a reason she could not understand, he really seemed to like her. Like a lot. She wasn't jealous, it was just untypical for him. No matter how dismissive she is or how much she is holding back. What was it with her, that he could see but she not?

"Alright girl, you can do this." Taking a deep breath, she shook her head to try and clear it before going to the kitchen. She could smell both the food and the coffee, pausing just outside of the room before sliding in quietly. Everyone was already in there, and she cleared her throat before slinking around the room. "Is.. Is that my coffee?" Freezing once she got close to the coffee machine and saw the cup under her initial, Serenity simply stared for several seconds before grabbing it and immediately retreating to the table.

"I wasn't expecting that, but thank you?" Giving Matthew a strange look as she sat down, she sipped at it and sighed happily. Coffee had quickly become the one thing that she needed there, both for the mornings and to keep up with Leta's energy. How the woman had that much energy at her age was a mystery, always sneaking off with Charles. Or sometimes not even bothering to hide it, it all seemed to depend on the particular day. "Good morning." She gave a small nod and looked around the room, although she spent only a brief second looking at Matthew before her eyes went down to her coffee instead.

''Good morning.'' Matt tried to sound normal but knew that he didn't made it as the words left his mouth. Luckily neither Charles or Leta turned to him though he could swear, that there was a grin on Letas' face.

The breakfast went mostly in silence and everyone only took care for themself. When Serenity grabbed the basket with the buns, Matthew pretend to do the same and they touched for a brief moment, before both withdraw their hand quickly and looked away. The usual game began, 'You can take the basket first', 'No, you can'.
That went on until Charles rolled with his eyes, grabbed two buns and placed one on each plate. Yeah, that was not very mature but Matthew didn't regret his action, the feeling was still there.

After the breakfast was done, Matthew stood up and prepared himself to leave the kitchen. ''Leta, please be so kind and prepare my study room for Charles later on. Charles and I will get the tattoo artist for his tattoo.'' This will probably take some time until we return, so no need to hurry.''
He turned to Charles, ''Hey bud, you still sure about your decision? No one will think less of you if you decide to change your mind.''

Charles just shook his head, stood up and although prepared to leave the house.
''Alright, until later.''

Was he doing that on purpose? She barely managed to stop herself from giving Matthew a strange look when he went for the basket, instead averting her eyes. She silently thanked Charles for his intervention, happy to finally have her own bun to eat once her coffee was gone. Even without words, the situation was still incredibly awkward to her. She was up the second the men were, ready to start grabbing dishes when Matthew spoke. The men were leaving the house? That made her relax significantly, knowing she would have the time away from him, but.. It also meant being alone with Leta, and the woman had already been giving both her and Matthew looks.

"See you guys later, then." Stacking up some of the dishes, Serenity took them into the kitchen and started washing them off. Making a mental note on things to do for the day, she kept herself busy as best she could. Dishes, brush teeth, probably more coffee, and then onto chores while the men were out and about.

As soon as the man left the house, Leta cleared the table and started to help Serenity cleaning the dishes. ''Are you fine honey? You seem even more silent today than usual. I although wanted to let you know, that Charles and I are sorry, that we just left you in the living room last night, covered up in the blanket. But you both were really deep asleep and seeemed to be ... well, what is the right word? You seemed to be so calm and relaxed.''
Leta tried to not pry too much but her curios side won. Well, Serenity is a big girl and she would let her know if she feels uncomfortable speaking about it.

After the work in the kitchen was done, Leta turned to Serenity, ''Finish your morning routine and when you are done, join me in Matthews' study room. The tattoo artist will give Charles his tattoo in that room so it needs to be prepared.'' She then turned around and went to Matthews' study room.

The place, where they agreed to pick up the tattoo artist was a good bit away from their house. It would probably take sixty minutes to get there and another sixty to get back. At least that is what he estimated. They were already driving for thirty minutes and it was silent inside the car. Matthew was lost in thought, thinking about the last night, about Serenity and asking himself, where that all should lead to.
First things first, the star of today would not be Serenity or himself, today it is Charles big day.

''Who would have thought two weeks ago, that we two would be getting a tattoo artist today, to get you your tattoo.'' he said with a smile on his face. Charles looked in the mirror and nod his head before he turned his attention back on the street. The streets was mostly empty due to the early time of the day and Charles thought about what Matthew said. No matter if one week ago, one month ago or one year ago, for him it was always a horror to think about, that he would have to wear a collar or a tattoo. And now he drove the car that would pick up the person, who would give him his tattoo. You really never know what tomorrow might bring.
''No matter if it is because of Serenity or another reason, I am really happy that you decided to ...''
Charles hit the breakes of the car hard!!!

The sound of a horn from the right, then it all turned black.

Last edited:
"I'm fine," She shrugged and continued on the dishes. "Just tired." She paused to look at Leta and then shrugged again. "It's fine." She had no desire to get into specifics of the conversation, not that there were many. Past falling asleep, there wasn't much between that and her fleeing to get cleaned up. She had woken up from a nightmare, ended up hugging him, and run off. However, if she told Leta that, there would be so, so many questions. Far more than she could handle period, let alone so early in the morning.

"Okay." Drying off her hands once they had finished up, she nodded a confirmation to Leta before starting off. Her chores were done, and done thoroughly, but with far less concentration that normal. It was more autopilot than anything, and once she was done she met up with Leta to begin preparing the study. It was a rather boring affair, even if it was a bit fascinating. She was going to watch someone get a tattoo!

"Alright, Leta, I'm going to do a check around and see what else needs done, and then go relax in the living room while we wait for the boys." Which she had every intent of doing, and did for some awhile. But then the time passed, one hour at a time. "Leta? How long were they supposed to be gone? It's been a few hours, hasn't it?" Almost three, at that point if she was correct. "Do you think they just got stuck in traffic?"

''The trip was supposed to take two hours, somehow I have a bad feeling. I can't reach Matthew by phone, I hope they are doing fine.'' replied Leta to Serenity. She had a bad feeling inside her, since they passed the three hour mark. 'What is taking them so long?''
She tried to distract herself by cleaning up her own room after her morning adventures with Charles.

After four hours, she could no longer concentrate on things and started to get seriously worried. She tried to find the contact from the tattoo artist in Matthews' study room, but Matthews' desk was in a chaotic state. It took her another thirty minutes to find the phone number and call the tattoo artist. After the call, her face became pale. She went to Serenity and sat down beside her.
''They never arrived at the tattoo artist or picked him up. Matthew didn't even called him to say that they wouldn't show up.'' She became nervous and felt her hands starting to tremble. The two people, which meant the world to her are gone and no one knows where.

After six hours the doorbell rang and Leta flinched at the sound. She could tell that something wasn't right. ''I'll go and look who is at the door.''
As she opened the door, she saw a police officer standing in front of her.
''Are you Leta Cray??'' asked the officer.
''Yes, I am, what happened to Matthew and Charles?'' replied Leta in a shaky voice.
''You are the emergency contact of Mr. Matthew Onto. I am sorry but I have to tell you, that Mr. Onto had a car crash, five and a half hours ago. He is currently at the hospital, in a artificial coma.'' Letas' knees were shaking so much, they couldn't keep her up any longer and she sank down on her knees.
''Is he fine? What happened? Where is Charles?''
''He will survive, they put him into a artificial coma for safety reasons. We are not sure what exactly happened but it seems, that Mr. Onto either was victim of a attack or was distracted while driving. We don't know for sure yet. Regarding Mr. Charles, we haven't found anyone with that name but there was another body found. Probably a homeless and we currently suspect that person to be involved in that accident. Sadly we weren't able to question him until now. We will contact you again as soon, as we know more.'' He turned around and left.

Letas' eyes teared up and she felt her world breaking into a million pieces. This could not be true. Where is Charles? What happened to Matthew? With the last bit of strength, she closed the door before she broke down completely and let her tears run down her face.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom