Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How to Care for Your Human [Gambuiness x Degu]

"I don't know, that's why I asked you." She could nearly feel the worry coming from Leta, but stayed out of the way as the older woman moved around trying to distract herself. Now they were both starting to worry, which would do neither of them good. Watching television quickly proved to be a pointless task, an irritable sigh sounding as she finally gave up.

"What do you mean they never showed up?" Serenity wasn't sure how much more time had passed when Leta came over to her, a soft huff leaving her mouth before she sighed. It had been hours and hours now, and no sign of the men. Nothing at all. "I'm sure everything's okay. Maybe they had to stop somewhere." Still, she didn't believe it, trying to distract both herself and Leta as the hours continued to pass in near agonizing slowness.

It was well into evening when the doorbell rang, and her head turned to watch the interaction as Leta answered it. Police officers were never a good sign, especially when someone had been missing for hours now. Oh, no. Making her way slowly up and towards Leta as the door closed, she stood there uncertainly before wrapping her arms around the small woman.

"It will be okay, Leta." Would it, though? Without Charles, they didn't have any way to even get to the hospital, did they? It was a situation she had never needed to prepare for, not like this. "Come on, come sit down and we'll figure this out." Pulling her carefully over to the couch, Serenity nudged the older woman down before joining her and rubbing her back. "What do you need me to do, to help?"

Serenitys' touch really felt good, though it was unexpected. She realized, that this was the first time, they both touched, and it was initiated by Serenity. It made Leta feel less alone and that was what she needed right now. Charles has gone missing and Matt was in coma, how could that happen? ''I don't understand this, Charles is such a good driver, in all of his time here, he never had trouble with the car or even got a scratch on it.''

Leta just leaned into Serenitys' shoulder and let her tears run down her face. Five minutes went by with no one saying a word until Leta felt good enough to look up again. ''Thank you, I needed that.'' she said to Serenity with a sad smile on her face.

''Do me a favour and call us a cab. I want to visit Matt in the hospital and talk to the doctors. If you want, you can come with me or you stay here, whatever you prefer honey.'' Slowly but surely Leta returned to being her old self, started making plans and thought about, what she could do.

It was dark all around him when Charles regained his conciousness. He had no idea where he was or how he got here. It took him a few moments until his eyes gotten used to the dark. It was a room and he was lying on an old bed. His head hurt and he felt something wet and sticky on his forehead. The car accident, the other car, he tried to move the car out of the way. Matthew!
When he stood up, he saw the door at the other end of the room. He went there and tried to open it but the door was locked. Her heard a voice from the other side speaking.
''Our guest is awake, what are the orders?''

"Yeah," Nodding her head when Leta pulled back several minutes later, Serenity cleared her throat awkwardly and took a step back. "I'll come with, I just need to change." The shoulder of her shirt was now soaked from Leta's tears, and she made haste in getting a new one before tugging on a lightweight hoodie. Better safe than sorry, after all. She vaguely remembered hospitals being cold, but it had been awhile since she'd been in one, too. The thought alone was nauseating, and after making the arrangement for the cab, she retrieved a collar, forcing it on her neck with shaking hands.

"I hate these things.." Making sure she had everything she needed, Serenity got into the cab with Leta and set off for the hospital. She let the other woman do all of the talking, responding only when Leta spoke directly to her. The entire ride had her stomach churning, eyes moving around to inspect their surroundings with each change in scenery. The natural response didn't stop even when they reached the hospital, and she stayed so close to Leta's side that they were nearly touching as they entered.

The moment they were fully inside she realized just how grateful she was to be human, to not have any enhanced senses. It was loud as it was, the smells of cleaners and antiseptic thick in the air. The beeping of machines, the chattering of staff, patients, and visitors alike. "Lead the way, Leta."

''You won't need this in here, hospitals are save.'' Leta removed the collar from Serenitys' neck and laid it into her hands before she went on to the receiption and asked, where Matthew Onto exactly was and how to get there. When the lady at the receiption asked for her ID, Leta showed her the magic tattoo and all of a sudden, the lady at the receiption seemed to be working a little faster and was a little nicer to the ladies.

Ten minutes later they entered the room were Matthew was and they saw him lying on the bed. He was the only patient in this room, when Leta saw him for the first time, she tensed up. ''Oh my god.'' She grabbed Serenitys' hand and held her close.
His right leg was covered in a plaster bandage and a lot of rods were put into his leg. The same applied to his right arm and the right half of his face, was covered in a lot of cut wounds. It was obvious from which side he had been hit.

A moment after the two entered the room, a doctor entered the room. ''Hello, I am doc Auru and I am responsible for this patient. The nurse informed me about the visit, are you Leta Cray?''
''Yes I am and this is Miss Serenity, she belongs to me. How is he and what does this all mean?'' she pointed at the rods which were attached to Matthew.
''Hello Miss. This was necessary to stabilize his bones and keep them in place while they grow together again. Could you two please sit down while we talk?'' he asked them both.
Leta mustered him after his unusual request but had no power left in her to question his motives, so she did as he asked and sat down.

The doc inhaled deeply and went on. ''When he arrived today, we put him into the artificial coma to be able, to place the rods. Aside from the broken bones, he was mostly doing fine and we expected him to recover soon and leave the hospital in latest six weeks. But two hours ago his condition has worsened drastically. His heart is beating too fast and he is getting a fever.''
He looked into Letas eyes before he continued, ''I am sorry to inform you, that if his condition isn't improving, he won't survive the next day.''

The doc waited a moment before he asked her. ''Do you understand what I said?''
''Yes, I do. How likely is it, that his condition improves?'' asked Leta.
''As it is right now, not very likely. I will have to go now, please excuse me.'' the doc said and went away.

Once again Letas' eyes filled with tears and she leaned on Serenity.

"Really?" Giving Leta a strange look but keeping the collar off, Serenity shrugged and followed after her. If there was one less thing to make her feel like she was suffocating, she would be grateful for it. The way the receptionist reacted to Leta's tattoo was interesting, and made their route up to Matthew's room that much easier. Another thing she was grateful for, shifting nervously around as they arrived. She said nothing when the doctor came into the room, only stepped to the side and let Leta do the speaking, again.

"If his condition isn't improving, he won't survive the next day.''

She froze at the doctor's words, trying to comprehend what was going on. It took several seconds before the reality finally set in, her arm going around Leta to hold the crying woman. She stood silently, eyes fixed on Matthew's battered body as her throat started to tighten up. What would happen if he died? Where would she go, back to the auction?

"It's okay, Leta." It didn't feel like it, though. She felt numb, holding the older woman out of instinct more than anything. It was the most contact she'd willingly had with one person in such a short span of time, in a long time, and it was strange. "He'll be fine, you know that." Without letting go of Leta, she moved closer to the hospital bed and reached out with her free arm. Her hand paused just before landing on Matthew, touching his hand gently after a brief pause. "We'll all be okay." I hope.

'I need to be strong and find Charles. If this all goes wrong, then I don't want to end alone on the street again. Charles, where are you?' thought Leta. She stood up, gave Serenity a kiss on her forehead and went to Matthew. ''Oh Matt, you need to fight and be strong. Please, you can do it, I believe in you.''
She didn't really believed her own words but what else could she do? With Serenity by her side and next to Matthew, they both stood at his bed for the next thirty minutes without of saying a word.

''There is nothing more, we could do here honey, let us drive home, maybe Charles will show up.'' Leta dried her face with the sleeve of her sweater and stood up. She gave Matthew a kiss on his forehead and whispered into his ear, ''Forgive me for what I will do. I know that you wouldn't give up any of us as well, so I can't give up my love. I wish we would have had more time.'' Another kiss and she went for the door of the room without of looking back.

When they left the hospital and were waiting for their cab, Leta started to talk again. ''Serenity, you are a young, wonderful and strong woman. You know that right? I don't know what you did to Matthew but for some reason I have seen him in a way, I have never seen him before. He somehow always glowed when you were closeby. Even on the day when you arrived. I think he already liked you before he really knew it. I am really gratefull that you became a part of our little crazy family. Even if you didn't wanted too.''
She smiled to Serenity before she continued. ''You know what will happen to us, when the docs assumption comes true? Decide for yourself what you want to do, this is one of the few moments, where you can decide what you want to do and no one will try to stop you.''

The cab arrived a moment later.

Even when her legs started to get tired from standing in one spot too long, Serenity didn't move. She simply stood there with Leta, nodding once it became apparent their visit was over. There was nothing else to do, no other reason to be there with him unconscious. Glancing at Matthew one more time, Serenity followed the other woman out of the hospital to wait for a cab. The collar was placed around her neck again and situated before she sighed, looking up at the sky. It was only when Leta spoke to her that she looked over, an eyebrow raised in surprise.

"I'll take your word for it." She shrugged. "I don't see it." She paused, nodding with a frown. "Yeah, I know. Maybe I'll get lucky and end up staying with you, if it comes to that." She had debated just running right then and there, especially when Leta said no one would stop her. It would have been so easy, but then what? She'd be on her own, living on the streets with no protection whatsoever. At least by staying she had a chance that Matthew would wake up, and things would go back to normal.

"I'm still here." Rubbing at her face nervously, she shrugged and got into the back of the cab. Matthew wasn't a normal human, he wasn't going to die from a car crash. He couldn't. "Let's just go home, Leta."

Leta felt incredibly sorry for Serenity. This was probably her first good experience with a new owner and now it came so quickly to an abrupt end. She understood Serenitys' urge to stay at the house and her refusal to give this all up. To give Matthew up. A lump started to create in her throat, had she just given up on Matthew? She turned away from Serenity and looked out of the window of the cab, so that Serenity couldn't see the tears, that were running down her face.

It was already late afternoon when they arrived at their house and Leta helped Serenity to take off the collar from her neck. ''I am done for today and need some rest, I'm not as young as I would like to be. You can do whatever you want, don't expect to see me again today honey, I am really exhausted.''
Leta went to her one more time and hugged her. A little longer than what could be considered as normal. Without of saying another word she went to her room, closed the door and started to write a letter.

At the hospital a man saw the two woman entering the cab and returned with a smile on his face to the station, where Matthew was lying. He held his phone to his ear while he was talking. ''Yes, the woman are gone. (PAUSE) No, they won't be a problem, they haven't realised what I did. (PAUSE) One of the woman seemed to be his girlfriend from what I have heard, the older woman talked about, how much the magician liked the younger woman. (PAUSE) Good idea, in case something goes wrong we should be prepared to get our hands on the young woman. (PAUSE) Alright, sounds like a plan. Later.''
The man turned to Matthews room and entered it. He heard voices coming from the inside and pulled a gun out. He stormed into the room and saw four demons standing around the bed of the magician. Two were small, with grey skin, long ears and a tail. The other two were as bis as a human but with horns on their head, a tail and the legs of a ox. The man wanted to point his gun at one of the smaller demons when he heard something behind him. A moment later the unknown man was lying unconscious on the floor.

The group of demons or as they called themself, Santfei immediately started to discuss on what to do next.
''If we do nothing, than he will die.''
''Should we heal him, what if they catch us?''
''Oh no, I don't feel so good. Let's just run away.''

From behind the unconscious human stepped a huge creature into the room that was at least two heads taller than a large human, with muscles all over his body and two long horns on his head. When he started to talk, the others went silent and listen. ''You two heal him, you know what will happen if he dies. You prepare a portal, in case we have to leave in a hurry. You and me guard the door. Now hurry up.''

"It's alright, I'll take care of cleaning up whatever might be left, I can feed myself and find something to do for the night." Patting Leta awkwardly on the back before the older woman disappeared, Serenity slipped off her shoes and tried to think. The day had turned out far differently than she could have ever expected, and she was at a loss. Even the confusion of her new living arrangements was nothing compared to this. For the first time since her arrival, she was essentially in an empty home, given free reign to do whatever she wanted. What did she want to do, now that she didn't have to spend a fair amount of the day cleaning, or socialize with the others? It all seemed so empty, almost.. Lonely.

Shaking her head, she started around the house in search of something, anything to do. As usual, she went about tidying things up that she spotted, although she paid more attention to little things she normally wouldn't have. Her laundry was put together and thrown in the wash as she tried to keep herself busy, but attempting to watch television quickly became a failure that left her pacing around the large house. Even once the laundry was finished and put neatly away in her room, she still hadn't heard a peep out of Leta, aside from hearing her moving around in her room once, when she passed by. The poor woman was probably utterly exhausted from all of the drama.

Dinner time came and went quicker than she had expected, although she found it hard to get done much in the way of food, or even her beloved coffee. In the end of it all, she retired to her room, changing into shorts and a T-shirt to prepare for bed. She laid there for some time, running through the different possibilities of her immediate future. If Matthew didn't make it, she would be thrown back into an auction unless she ran. If she ran, there was no telling what would happen to her. With those thoughts still swirling around in her head, she finally managed to fall into a restless sleep.

At an unknown place

''Sir, we haven't heard from our man at the hospital.'' said a young man to his supervisor. ''That was four hours ago.''
The man behind the desk turned to his subordinate with a look of annoyance. ''Of course it couldn't work once as intended.'' He threw his fist on the table so that everyone in the room became quiet and tried to do everything, to not become his center of attention. ''Send out two guys to the hospital, they have to make sure that Mr. Onto won't survive this day. I don't care any longer if it looks like a accident, that happened to him or if everyone knows, that he has been killed. Just finish it.''
He stopped his movement when he was about to turn around. ''And send someone to his house, if everything goes wrong, we still can get her in our hands and so be able to control him. Take care that she survives, if you have to hurt her, then hurt her but take care that she survives.''

Everyone in the room turned their faces back to their screens and started to enter commands into their computer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Matthews house

Leta slept just four hours before she woke up by the sound of her alarm clock. She shut it down before Serenity would wake up from it. Her bag was already packed and the clothes she wanted to wear, although were already prepared. So it took her only fifteen minutes before she stood in the kitchen, dressed up in dark colthes, with a bag on her back and a letter in her hand. Never before has she struggled so much with a difficult decision. Though it was only a little more than one week, she really liked the girl and leaving her behind, with the possibility to never see her again, it broke her heart. The only thing that broke her heart even further, was to know, that Charles was somewhere out there, he was hurting and alone. She had to get him.
So she placed the note at the coffee machine and left the house as quietly as possible.

Honey, please believe me that this was no easy decision. When you read this, I will be gone, looking for my love, for Charles. I hope so much, that Matthew survives and that we all can be back together but I have to consider the option, that this won't happen. Charles is somewhere out there, probably hurting, maybe alone. I lived long enough on the streets to know, where I have to start my search. If Matthew survives, than he will be able to bring us all back together and by all that I love, I hope that he survives.
Please forgive me my selfishness.
Bye, Leta.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the hospital

One hour after Leta left the house, Matthews eyes flickered and he slowly regained his consciousness. He thought that he was dreaming when he saw the Santfei standing in his room. Slowly he realized where he was and what brought him there.

CHARLES

He tried to stand up but he was still too weak and fell back into the bed when his arms gave in. A huge creature came into his sight. He was bigger than Charles and had long horns on his head. ''Who are you?'' He remembered the last week, where he was investigating the case with this creature, that was able to use magic. Looking around through his room, he saw a small creature sitting on his bed, that fits the description.

The big one started to talk, ''We are friends and trying to help you. I know that you are probably having a ton of questions right now but we ain't got much time. So please just listen to me before you start to ask away.'' His voice was deep and it was obvious, that he is used to be the one, who is giving the orders. Matthew looked at him and decided to trust his words. What other choice did he have? So he laid his head back and nod once.

''Ok, only the most important things. We call ourself the Santfei and are living along you humans since forever. There is a organization, that operates from behind the scenes and is hunting us. They want to make sure, that we never are known to the public and to keep your society as it is. These people were the ones, who tried to kill you. Two times have they tried to kill you today and we expect them to show up here shortly and to try it again.''

He inhaled deeply before he continued. ''They discovered, that you are able to use a second spell and fear, that you will become too powerful. The reason why we are helping you are several, one of them is, that you are only half human. Your other half is Santfei, that is the reason why you have those eyes.''

''We don't have much more time, Lu is healing you up until you are able to move, after that you need to take care for yourself. We will contact you shortly.''
As he stood up and turned away from the bed, Matthew grabbed his arm. ''Charles?'' was all he could ask. The shock of all the informations he received was still written all over his face.

''Oh, you mean the man that was in your vehicle this morning. He is with us and we are taking care of him. He is not as bad injured as you but still, he needs treatment.''
Matthew wanted to reply something when he heard loud sound coming from the door to his room. Someone tried to get in. One of the creatures started to create a portal when he heard shots fired from a gun. The creatures one after the other went through the portal and were gone.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Matthews house

At the time, when Matthew received the information, that he is only half human, a guy stood in front of the door, that belonged to Matthews house and tried to break in. A moment later the door gave in and was open.

Sitting upright with a gasp, Serenity's eyes tried to focus in the dark. There was a sudden warmth in her chest, a weight that hadn't been there even with her previous worry. Something was.. Different. There was almost a sense of relief, although it wasn't quite that. Like a burden had been lifted, but replaced by the type of anxiety that came with impending danger. Shaking her head, she laid back down and closed her eyes, hoping to go back to sleep. After only a few minutes it became painfully obvious that wasn't going to happen, and she forced herself out of bed and into a pair of slippers. Thankfully the house was warm enough she didn't require any extra clothes, and she made her way to the kitchen before flicking on the light.

It was instant regret as she shielded her eyes, muttering a quiet complaint under her breath. The last thing she wanted to do was wake Leta after the stressful day they'd both had, and she took a mug from the cupboard before setting up a much stronger coffee than she usually had. It wasn't until it had finished and she was sipping on it that she spotted the note, picking it up and frowning.

"Dammit, Leta." She had been left completely alone in the house with no one to turn to, and she took a seat at the table to hold her head in her hands. Now what was she supposed to do? She sat there for several minutes, losing track of time before finally drinking more of her coffee. She had nearly finished it when she heard someone at the door, instantly on her feet as she ventured towards it. Was Leta back with Charles already? Had Charles returned on his own, or Leta come back after a failed search? It was only after she realized the door wasn't immediately opening that she skittered back and shut off the kitchen light, holding her mug firmly in her hand. It wasn't Charles or Leta, and she knew full well it wasn't Matthew.

When the door gave in she moved around the kitchen, submerging herself in the darkness as she ran through the different options in her head. The kitchen was probably the best place for her to be, filling with dishes and knives that could be used as weapons. All she had to do was wait and see what this intruder would do, and she could make her decision. Finding the knives and quietly pulling one out, she kept it tucked against her arm and listened carefully.

At Matthews house
Finally the door gave in and it seemed, that no one recognised his intrusion. At least no lights were switched on. According to his intel, the target was inside the house and another older woman. He had only two tasks, the younger woman had to survive and he had to take her with him. Easy job.

He entered the hallway and checked the first door on his right side. A study room, he switched the light on and checked the whole room, no one was there. There was still no other light or sound coming from the remaining house, so he went on to the next door, opposite to his last door. A bedroom, empty. One remaining door in this hallway was on the right side. Another door was ahead and the hallway made a ninety degree turn to the left. The door to the right was open, probably a kitchen or bathroom.

Slowly and silently he went to the open door on the right side and reached with his hand inside, looking for the light switch. All of a sudden he felt a sharp pain in his hand and draw it back. His hand was bleeding, a straight cut on the backside of his hand.
''Found you.'' he smiled when he said these words. Somehow he was hoping that this would get difficult. The pain in his hand was only minimal, it only fueled his passion to get her. The order he received was clear, take her and don't kill her. Everything else was allowed and he intended to make use of that.

''If you come out now with your hands held high, than I won't hurt or kill the old woman, that is still somewhere here.'' He waited for her reply but nothing came. Preparing himself to jump into the room, he held his hand up high and stood in front of the door. The room was dark but that was as much a disadvantage for him as for her. She had a knife, well, who cares. He would pay her back each and every of the wounds, she could do to him.

He made two huge steps and landed inside of the middle of the kitchen, covering his face with his hands. He felt a cup shattering at his arms but it didn't wounded him. Looking through his cover, he saw her standing at the other end of the kitchen, holding a knife in front of her body. ''Drop the knife and I promise to only hurt you a little.''

She didn't dropped her knife, instead she made a step forward and tried to stab him. He quickly react with one step to the side, deflected her stab and grabbed her by the wrist. He turned it until he heard a sharp inhale and the sound of the knife, dropping to the floor. He threw her across the room and she fell against the shelfs under the countertop of the kitchen. Hearing her screaming and her whimpering only fueled him up. ''Oh yes, please cry for me. Beg for mercy. I can do whatever I want with you, as long as you are alive and I intend to do exactly that. Have you ever been fucked by a real guy? When I am done with you, you can proudly answer that question with a yes.''

He stepped towards her and reached back with his other feet, intending to kick it into her belly, while she was lying on the floor and curled up from the pain, she experienced a moment before.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At the hospital
A moment before the man from the organisation entered the kitchen in Matthews house.

It all happened so quickly, that Matthew had trouble to get it properly together. He was only half human? The Santfei were living among them, not discoverd? A organization tries to kill him? It was just too much, to many things at once. So he stopped thinking about all those things and focused on the present. He saw the last of the creatures going thorugh the portal, disappearing to an unknown place. The people outside were still hammering against the door, it wouldn't be much longer before they would enter his room. He knew, that he could only escape by a portal. But where should he go?

All of a sudeen he felt an immense amount of danger, something threatened him. No, not him, someone he put a lot of his magic into was in danger. SERENITY!!! No, not her too, please not her. His body still hurt but he was able to move, so he sat up on the edge of the bed and started to create his own portal, right to the place, where he felt the danger coming from.

As soon as the portal was there, he jumped straight through it and looked around, where he landed. It was inside of the hallway of his own house. He heard a whimpering coming from the kitchen and saw a guy standing behind the door. He was the threat. Matthew stood up, ran towards the guy and threw himself with his own body against him.

His body hurt like hell from all the pain that was everywhere in his body. The other guy groaned with a deep voice and already tried to get back on his feet. In his current state, he couldn't fight such a guy but he tried to pull himself up and face him when he heard a whimpering from behind him.

He saw Serenity curled up and in pain, lying on the floor. He went to her, grabbed her by the hand and dragged her along with him towards the hallway. ''Where is Leta, we need to get out of here.'' He tried to make a portal but saw the other guy standing back up again and starting to walk towards them. He couldn't focus enough to create a portal due to other guy that was approaching them. Additionally he was too weak to fight him. Would this be his end? At least his life would end with this wonderful feeling, that he felt when he touched Serenity. Like right now, since he was holding her hand and with the other hand tried to shield them both from the incoming death.

She'd cut him, good. The blind swing had been hopeful, but she hadn't hurt him nearly as bad as she would have liked to. Now she was at a disadvantage, now he knew where she was. She held her breath at his threat, now glad that Leta was no longer in the house to be used against her. She couldn't have let the older woman be harmed, even if it put her in danger herself. Then again, she was in danger now, and she fought to keep her breathing even even as the panic started to rise up.

The cup shattered on him and she retreated across the room, clutching the knife tightly to her body as she gasped. She'd gotten him twice, and it wasn't slowing him down in the least. She was completely alone, and nearly defenseless. Her attempted stab was a failure, and she cried out in pain when her arm was wrenched and she was thrown across the room. The sounds that left her mouth made her burn with a mixture of shame and fear, body trembling as she held her sore wrist in her other hand.

"Go fuck yourself!" Hissing out the words even as she felt tears threatening to spill, Serenity flinched when she realized his intent to harm her yet again. Was this how she was going to die? Injured, meant to be used as a plaything for another man before she became useless? Her head turned at Matthew's sudden entrance, eyes going wide as he forcibly moved the intruder away from her.

"She's gone, she went to find Charles." Whining as her body protested the sudden movements, she huddled beside Matthew as the man approached again. "No, I am not going to die here, not after everything I've endured in my life." The tears overflowed finally, fueled by her rage as a strange feeling spread over her back. Underneath the pain of being brutally thrown around was a sensation that almost felt like tickling. "Go ahead, touch me again and see what happens. I'll tear your throat out and leave you to rot." It wasn't a very effective threat considering her limited attire of shorts and a T-shirt, but she made it all the same.

"You're not going to come into my home, throw me around, and then threaten him." Her hand tingled before a sudden spark seemed to fill her body, and she shrieked at the sight of flames dancing along her fingertips. "What the fuck?" The hand not holding Matthew's was holding a steadily growing ball of fire, and she waved it around violently in the direction of the intruder. "There's fire on my hand. Fire, oh my god." Watching it fly through the air toward their enemy, she shrieked again when it landed on his shirt and the material began to smoke. "What did I just do?!"

Though the situation was as fucked up as it could be, he felt happy when she let out her rage and made it clear, that she didn't want to die. Though her life was really as fucked up as it could be until a few weeks ago, she wanted to live. Just as much as he wanted it. When she then threatened the guy, he grinned and was happy, that this threat wasn't meant for him. But his grin disappeared immediately when he saw, that the guy couldn't care less and went on towards them.

When she mentioned this place as her home, a warm feeling started to build up inside of him. The connection he felt with her grew stronger and he felt his magic being drained out by her. But she didn't just drained it out of him, his own magic wanted to be with her, it felt like a desire, as if his magic developed a mind of its own and wanted to be with her.
If he was honest with himself then he knew, that it wasn't just his magic that wanted to be with her.

He wanted to be with her.

He let his magic flow out of himself and into her, never has he felt closer to another person in his life than in this very moment. All of a sudden a flame appeared on each of her fingers, growing bigger and combining to one big flame in the palm of her hand. When she waved her hand in the direction of the guy, the flame flew to the guy. It burned through his clothes and left a mark on his chest. The fireball had enough power to throw the guy of his feet and a couple of meters back into the room. He crashed against the wall slid down to the ground and lost his conciousness.

''Wow, I had no idea ... you are ... '' Matthew was lost for words, due to what just happened.
''We need to get away from here before he wakes back up or more people show up here.'' Though his body was still weak, he still had enough magic inside of him to create another portal. In front of them both a circle appeared that grew in size. Behind that circle was a house, standing on a clearing, surrounded by trees. ''Trust me, this is our way out.''

Knowing Leta wasn't there he had to take care of nothing else. So he stood up and helped Serenity up. Still holding her hand he made a step towards the portal but he felt her holding back. ''It is safe and right now our only way out. Please trust me.''
She looked at him and made a step towards the portal, still holding his hand. Together they went through the portal and as soon as they went through and entered the clearing, the portal vanished.

They were standing on a clearance, everywhere around them were trees, there was no way to reach that place by car. In front of them stood a small house, made out of wood. Though it was night, the sky was clear and the moon as well as the stars were giving them enough light to see. If the situation would be different, then this scenerie could only be described as romantic and beautiful.

It wasn't cold outside, just a bit fresh but in this moment it felt really refreshing.

The connection was still there and he felt that Serenity became weak. This whole day probably took its toll on her. Matthew too was spend but his will to be there for her took care, that he was able to stay strong. At least for a bit.

He put her arm around his shoulders and walked with her to the house, suporting her on the whole way. The house had one big room when they entered it and two rooms that led from this room. The bathroom and the bedroom. The big room where they were right now had a kitchen on the right side and a big couch on the left. It was warm inside of the house and the dim light from the outside was enough to be able to move inside of the house.

Together they walked over to the couch, he laid her down on the couch, sat down next to her and laid his hand on her shoulder. He wanted to get closer to her, to take her in his arms and not let her go but he wasn't sure if she wanted the same. Maybe she was just as baffled as he was and wanted some time on her own. They could talk tomorrow about what just has happened. So he let her decide how she wanted to spend her time and just sat next to her, with his arm lying on her shoulder.

''We are safe here, no one knows about this place.''

"Are what?" Starting to panic, Serenity waved her hand rapidly in the air to make sure there was no leftover flames lingering. "A-A portal?" Her eyes went wide even as Matthew helped to make sure she didn't collapse, and she hesitated when nearing the portal. Hell, she nearly yanked back and ran on the spot, but forced herself through without letting go of his hand. Staying at the house would have been a poor decision, and he was the best person to explain just why she'd had fire coming out of her hand.

The sight of the house under the moonlight startled her, her body tensing up until she realized they were the only two people there. There were safe, or at least for the moment. The arm around her shoulders was the only thing keeping her upright, her body sore from being flung easily across the room. She was a rather small woman, and it had made it easier for the intruder to throw her around. Her wrist especially hurt from being twisted less than gently, and she held it against her body as they entered the house.

A series of random, mumbled words left her mouth as they reached the couch, and she found herself somewhere between laying down and sitting up. Her shoulders relaxed as she sagged against Matthew, her eyes closing as she took a shaky breath and let out a quiet noise of pain. Her ribs weren't broken, but the impact her body had made against the counter and shelving had jostled her enough to make it hurt.

"What do we do now?" The exhaustion and sadness was clear in her voice as she sniffled, shifting just slightly to lay her head on his shoulder. So far she'd been tossed around, thrown fire from her hand, and on top of that all she didn't even have proper clothing on. Even one of her slippers had been lost in the brief battle, and she nudged the remaining off with her foot. It was useless now, after all. "I don't know what just happened, but I'm tired now. I am so, so tired, Matthew."

She looked like she had just battled a war on her own and he felt her trembling. ''Don't worry, we can make it. We just take it one step at a time. Leta is save on the streets and I know where Charles is, so we although don't have to worry about them. If you don't mind, then I would like to take a look at your wrist and look if I can make you feel better. Then we rest and with the start of a new day, we both will make a plan. A plan to get us out of this situation and back together with Leta and Charles.''

Leaning his head against hers, he allowed himself a couple of minutes in silence while he thought about everything that happened. After a moment he reached out his hand and laid it with an open palm into her lap. ''Would you let me take a look at your wrist?''

Reluctant in the beginning, she laid her wrist into his hand and hissed when she tried to relax it. Concentrating on her hand, he let some of his magic flow through her wrist and found, that it was sprained. He could probably heal it, but that would leave him exhausted for some time. So he took care that it was at least so good again, that she could handle the pain and that it wouldn't keep her from sleeping.

''Alright, that is all I could do right now. Tomorrow my pool of magic will be filled enough, to heal you up some more. Until then, all I could offer you is to stay with you.'' He looked at her, and remembered how the fire came out of her hand and how she somehow used his magic for that. He never heard of a similar phenomenon before.

He wanted to ask her, if she ever experienced something like the fireball today, in her past but another question came to his mind. In his past, he never really were good to talk about his emotions but he wanted to know, if this was one sided or if she felt something too.
''You know, I like it when you are close. Please don't get me wrong, I won't force you to spend time near me if you don't want to. I would never do that. It's just ... I don't really know how to describe it. When you are close and when we touch, there is this feeling inside of me. Since we have touched for the first time, whenever you are not close to me, I can only think about how I want you near me. I surely sound like a lunatic. But ... I don't know, .... please just forget what I said.''

He instantly regreted telling her all those things. With her past, she surely expected him to become an asshole now and to force her into his bed. Especially now, that they were completely alone. How could he just say that all?

"That hurts." Whimpering quietly as he worked on her hand, Serenity forced herself to relax as much as she could. It took a good amount of effort, and she could feel some of the pain fading away. Not enough to be comfortable, but just enough that it wasn't unbearable. "Of course you're staying." She gave him a strange look. "What makes you think I would tell you not to after all that?" Stiffening up when he began to speak again, she stared at him as shock settled on her face.

"What?" He liked when she was close? She hadn't been around for very long, and while she had been civil for the most part, she hadn't been friendly. Pulling back from him and holding her hands to her chest, a frown tugged at her lips. He wasn't forcing her, or else he wouldn't have let her pull back. Still, it wasn't something she had expected to hear. "That's not something that's easy to forget." It seemed important information, anyway, so forgetting it would be unwise.

"Can we sleep?" Sighing quietly even as her hands stayed against her chest, she looked around briefly. "There must be a bed, right? I just.." She hesitated, her good hand finally moving to push back her messy hair. "I just want to sleep. That was terrifying, and I'm in pain."

''You are right, give me a moment and I prepare the bed.''

He stood up and moved to the bathroom first. Splashing some water into his face he checked himself in the mirror. 'You idiot, what have you thought telling her all that stuff.' he said to himself.
He checked the shelf and found some painkillers. That would have to do for the night.

Moving over to the bedroom, he prepared the bed for Serenity. For a moment his thoughts went on to Leta and Charles, how are they right now? Hopefully they are ok. To trust those creatures he didn't knew until now wasn't easy but he had no other choice.

After he finished the bed, he went to the kitchen and grabbed two glasses of water before he went back to Serenity on the couch. She had to endure all that because he brought her to his house. He felt sorry for all that. But at the same time, he was happy that she became a part of his life. ''Here is some water and I have some painkillers here, maybe they will help you to sleep through the night and ease your pain a little. I prepared the bed for you, let me help you get over there. I will sleep on the couch, so you have the bed for yourself.''

She barely nodded when he spoke, sagging back against the couch with a sigh. Out of all her time since being bought, it had been the worst day by far. Even her first day and initial fear of being hit didn't compare to the way the night had gone, and she shuddered. Even when Matthew returned with the water and painkillers she didn't relax, wordlessly taking them and drinking the water. Only then did she finally speak, her voice shaky as she forced the words out.

"Please don't leave me alone," Grabbing at his shirt even as she stared down at the floor, she shook her head slowly. "I'm scared, please don't leave me alone." Her cheeks burned hot with embarrassment as her hand tightened in his shirt, and she finally looked up at him with pleading eyes. "If you hadn't shown up when you did, he was going to hurt me again and fuck me. I don't ever want to go back to that life again."

Hoping that this wouldn't backfire, he reached down to her, put one arm behind her back, one arm under he knees and carefully lift her up. She was already half asleep when he carried her to bed. ''I will stay with you and together we can do it. You are safe now, here is no one that can harm you. Only you and me. Your old life is a thing of the past now, you are now a part of this family and we take care for each other. Don't worry, your old life is over.''

When they reached the bed, he put her softly in the middle of it. Pulling the blanket over to them, he laid down behind her and put his arm next to her arm. ''Sleep now, you are save.''
As he closed his eyes and tried to fall asleep, he wondered how this all could have happened? When did he lose the control over this whole situation? Starting tomorrow, he would regain the control of this fucked up situation and show a few people, why it is a bad idea to try to hurt his family.
With that thought he slowly drifted away. The smell of Serenity, who was snuggled up so close to him, calmed him down enough and a moment later he fell asleep.

Leta hated the place she was going to. She lived long enough in the underground of the city and hated every moment of it. Especially the boss of the people living in the underground send a shiver down her spine. He was brutal and rude and to make it even worse, he liked Leta a little too much. If Matt wouldn't have showed up at the time and offered her to stay with him, she would probably have been forced to marry that brute. Disgusting! But if anyone knew, where she could find her Charles, then it would be them. They have their ears and eyes everywhere, maybe Charles even is with them.

She reached the entrance to the place, where they were living and knocked on the door.
''Who is it?'' asked a deep voice behind the door.
''Tell your boss, that his jackal has returned.'' answered Leta.
For a moment it became quiet and after ten minutes the door opened and a big guy stood in front of Leta. Though compared to Charles, he looked rather weak.
''The boss isn't here at the moment but you are allowed to wait for him here. Your old room is still available. He will return tomorrow.'' said the guy.
Without of replying she entered the place that lead into the underground and found the way to the sleeping rooms without a problem. When she entered her old room, she was surprised that nothing had changed. 'This idiot really expected me to come back. And now I really returned to this hell hole.' With a sigh she laid down on her old bed and tried to get some sleep. There was nothing else she could do until tomorrow.
Before she went to sleep, she checked her tattoo and saw that it was still there. That meant, that Matt was still alive, that at least is something. With this thought she fell asleep.

Matthew woke up when he felt the sun on his face. He forgot to draw the curtain in front of the windows and the sun filled up the room with its warm light. Serenity was still lying next to him. She held his arm like a pillow in front of her body with both of her arms. He felt her waking up too but decided, that they wouldn't have to rush things.
''Good morning.'' he said and made no attempts to start the day. The silence in the room, the warmth of the sun and being so close to Serenity was the best way to start this day. So he wanted to keep this as long as she would allow it.
His body felt a little better than yesterday but in no way was he already back to normal. The same probably was the case for Serenity, but on a whole other level. Relaxing his body, he laid his head back down and closed his eyes for a moment. ''We need to talk you know, about all that happened yesterday. But if you don't mind, then I would like to delay that a bit and just spend a little extra time here.''

Last edited:
Letting go of his shirt when his arms moved around her, Serenity nodded briefly in relief. She had nearly thought he would insist on the couch given the lack of contact between them for the most part, and her head was leaned against his shoulder as she closed her eyes. The exhaustion that had settled deep into her injured body was easily taking over, and by the time they reached the room she was nearly asleep. The warmth radiating from him was comforting, and she managed a sleepy nod once they were finally in bed and under the covers. Hands pawed for him, keeping him close even as her breathing evened out into the rhythm of sleep.

Next day:

Letting out a quiet noise as the sun beat against her eyelids, Serenity held on tighter to the arm held captive between her own. When had that gotten there? She was still half asleep, his words barely registering in her mind as she mumbled out a series of indecipherable words. It was only when he brought up the previous day that she froze, slowly letting go of his arm and rolling onto his back as her eyes opened. It wasn't something that she'd wanted to think about first thing in the morning, and she sighed heavily while staring at the ceiling.

"I'm in no rush to get out of bed." Rubbing at her face even as her wrist twitched in protest, she sighed again and let her arms settle on her stomach. "I'm just glad Leta was already gone so he couldn't hurt her."

Matthew
He turned around on his back as well when she did but kept his eyes closed. ''Yeah, I am glad too. Where did she go though? And how do you feel were you able to sleep?'' he asked her since he was seriously worried.
He thought about the little lake behind the house and thought about, that this would be a good place to start the day with a coffee. But before he was able to do anything, his body protested to his thought to move and so he decided to just stay in place. He felt how she tensed up as he had mentioned the last day but at some point, he would have to talk about it with her.

''We will probably be stuck here for at least a few days, until we are recovered and have a plan for our next steps.'' He didn't knew what else to talk about, so he just said what came to his mind. Though he kept silent about the fact, that he wasn't too bothered by the fact, that they would be here. Together.

Leta
Leta woke up from a fist hammering against her door. She quickly sat up and checked what was going on. Someone put a note under the door and had pushed it into her room. At least she was still alive and no one disturbed her during the last night. Once again she checked the tattoo and felt a huge relive when it was still there. Her next thought was about Serenity and how incredibly sorry she felt for leaving her alone. She was hoping dearly, that she could see them all again and that Serenity could forgive her, for leaving her alone.

Standing up, she went to the door and checked the note.
The boss won't return for two days. You are allowed to stay here. Of course you are although free to go but don't expect, that we let you in one more time.

Shit, this is taking too much time, but still, here was her best chance to find Charles again. She felt a hole in her chest when she thought about him. 'I miss you but I am sure, that we will be together again.' Leta send the thought out, hoping it would reach Charles. Wherever he might be right now.
The decision wasn't too difficult, she would wait here for two days and not any longer.

Charles
They kept him in the dark room and brought him a meal and something to drink from time to time. He was still too hurt from the car crash, as that he could have thought about breaking out of this room. Who were those guys and what did they intend to do with him?
As he leaned his back against the cold wall, Charles thoughts traveled back to a better time. A time with Leta, he pictured her in his memory and was hoping, to be able to see her again.

"She went to look for Charles." Still exhausted, Serenity laid there and tried to think. She wasn't quite sure what she was trying to think about, just that she needed to wake up enough to function. "I slept okay, I guess. I slept through the night, but I still feel exhausted, and my body still hurts. Being thrown around like that tends to make one hurt. I guess I just got used to not being hurt anymore, so I have to readjust to the pain." A shrug.

"A few days?" She turned her head to look at him. "I have nothing but the clothes I'm wearing. No toiletries, no anything. I would assume this place has at least the essentials, since we're here." She sighed wearily and rolled back onto her side even as her body protested. "Who was he, and why did he come after me like that?" The intent had been clear, although she wasn't sure the exact motive behind it.

''I would love to tell you, to not get used to the pain again but I fear, that yesterday wasn't the last battle ahead of us.''
The mood was gone either way, so he could although start with the day. He rolled to the side and sat on the edge of the bed. ''I will tell you everything I know, but let us first get a coffee. I would like to show you something.'' He smiled at her. ''I am sure, you will like it.''

He stood up, went to the door and turned around to Serenity. ''You will find everything you need in the bathroom. There are some spare clothes in the closet here, they are probably a bit too big for you, since they are mine but it is all we have right now.''

Going to the kitchen, he started the coffee machine and made them both a cup of coffee. When Serenity came out of the bath, he asked her to follow him around the house. There was a blanket on the grass, he had prepared and in front of her was a big lake with water as blue as the sky. It was surrounded by trees and the sun warmed up the air. At the lake some deer were drinking from the lake.

"I handled it for many, many years. I can handle it." Hopefully. He wasn't answering her questions, not yet at least. Her head turned as she forced herself to follow after him, carefully stretching out before starting towards the bathroom. "I just need to freshen up. I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of a shower." It seemed like too much work for the moment, and so all she bothered with was exchanging her shirt for one of his. The shorts she was already wearing would work well enough in the heat, and she followed the smell of the coffee once she was done.

"Your shirt is a dress." She'd rolled up the bottom and tied it into a knot at her hip, and the excess material thankfully helped to hide her lack of a bra. It gave her a small amount of comfort, and she gratefully took the coffee before she was being led around and outside. "Oh." It was a beautiful morning outside, and she felt more of the tension easing from her body as she spotted the deer. "It's.. Peaceful." Making her way over to the blanket, she slowly sat down and sipped the coffee. "It's nice here. Maybe when things are calmed down we can come back, just because we can?"

Back
Top Bottom