Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blessed by Chaos (Razgriz x Degusaurusrex)

"Much as that sounds appealing, your little vanishing act also left me without a car. Plus...I need time to search out where I need to go." Shawn replied; in truth, he should have been moving a while ago. The meeting was scheduled to go down sometime in the afternoon, and if it was in Little Sahara, he needed to figure exactly where it was happening. That was a lot of area to cover.

"So, if you'll excuse me before I become a slave to the bed." Shawn said as he got up; he still didn't feel 100%, but at least he was well enough to where the world wasn't spinning on its head. And that would have to do. "At least they never saw my face..." the man grunted, taking another T-shirt - this one a deep blue, and switching the fatigues he wore for gray jeans, letting Eris get a good view of his toned firm ass - he then grabbed his keys and wallet from the fatigue pockets and went out the door, placing a pair of dark shades over his eyes.

===========================================================================================================================

A short bus ride later, Shawn stepped off and started to walk down the sidewalk. He had to be careful; this area was bound to be crawling with cops. And this was a fairly deserted area of town. About two blocks of foot travel later, he saw the police barricades several blocks down. Cursing under his breath, he knew it was likely his car was impounded by now. Which meant he would be shit out of luck.

He really should have asked if Eris could somehow find out for him if his car was where he left it...But it was too late now, taking a deep sigh, he then ducked into an alley and followed a back path to get to the lot he had parked it in.

"Fuck your car. I'll buy you another one if it's that big of a deal." She could certainly afford it, so that wasn't an issue at all. Humans seemed to value gold and old relics greatly, so selling anything from Ancient Greece always gave her more than enough money. "Fine, go do.. Whatever. I'm too tired to care. I'm too tired to even get dressed." She perked up slightly at the sight of his bare ass, but her head fell back to the mattress seconds later.

"Have fun, and don't die. I can't bring you back from the dead. My siblings wouldn't allow it, and Charon doesn't like it when I try to cross his river. The last time I tried to cross Styx, he had a shit fit like a child and--Oh, you're gone." Complaining quietly to herself, she cocooned back in the sheets with a shiver. The loss of warmth was an annoyance, but could be dealt with. Despite the cold, it didn't take her long to get back to sleep, waking just a short time later to drag herself from the bed.

Whatever he was doing couldn't be too interesting, not in the daytime. With that thought considered, Eris pulled on her panties and one of his shirts, crawling back into the bed. A quick, half assed look later, she was content to see he wasn't in custody. It was enough to have her rolling back over, curled into a comfortable ball under the sheets.

Shawn continued to stalk over the walls and through the alleys, using his previously learned skills to help him move through the streets. It wasn't easy, but eventually he did see his car. And it seemed to be surrounded by other cars. What the hell?

This lot was abandoned before, barely used. But now...There were all sorts of cars here. Muscle cars. Old Chevrolets, Fords, even a Pontiac or two, along with newer models. What the hell was going on? Shawn peeked and started to walk out towards the crowd, seeing a sign "CAR SHOW TODAY!" "Huh...That's...convenient." Shawn mused; was this Eris' doing? No way, she was sick as a dog when he left her. But then again, this was also a stroke of fortune; he saw his Jeep in the back corner where he left it.

"Hey man, this your ride?" Shawn then heard a voice approach from behind him, seeing a young teen in a backwards cap and loose blue jeans approach. Shawn looked at him, then looked to see he was standing next to a '67 Impala. "No, it's not mine, wish it was though. Nice set of wheels." he would reply, soon after an elderly man with clean-parted white hair in a clean pressed white button and tan khakis with black loafers approached - the man probably in his 60s - and said, "That'd be mine, real beauty isn't she?"

Shawn just smiled faintly, "Yes she is, sir; she looks like real good too. You must take care of her." The old man just smiled more, "I do, much as I can any way. Getting harder to find parts, not to mention well, you know, Father Time's kind of a crotchety old bastard. Oh, pardon my language; arthritis makes it hard, you see." Shawn just held up a hand, "It's alright; can't imagine it makes trying to do maintenance any easier."

The old man then asked him, "Say, sonny...You serve?" Shawn tensed up a bit, but the old man just said, "Oh, it's alright, I'm not one of those anti-war hippies you see everywhere now." Shawn seemed to relax a bit, "Yeah, I did. Marines." The old man laughed and held out a hand, "Ah, so you are. 101st Airborne myself. Good to see young man like yourself still wanting to serve." Shawn shook it, just saying "Semper fi."

"So, you guys are soldiers?" the young man then asked, still there and just listening, the elderly man laughing "Were; and the Armed Forces is always looking for recruits, young man. You'd fit right in." Shawn grimaced a bit; he knew that being a patriot was important, but that meant so much more than just fighting some illusory enemy overseas. Especially when there was still so much here at home to fix.

"Anyway...I should get going. I left my car here earlier to meet someone, and probably should move it out of the way. Didn't there was a car show today, not from town. Sorry if I caused any trouble." Shawn would say, the old man laughing "Ah, so you're the Jeep owner. Steven was getting livind; don't worry, I'll talk to him.. He's going around the lot, trying to find out who owns it. Best get a move on, haha." Bidding the elderly man goodbye, Shawn then went and got his car, pulling out onto the street and driving back to the hotel. Seeing in his rearview the elderly man talking to another elder, likely Steven, who seemed to just throw up his hands.

==========================================================================================================================
*Rodeway Inn. Time: 10:30 AM*

Shawn pulled back up into the hotel, supremely glad he dodged a bullet; he was definitely going to have to talk to Eris about pulling shit like that again. He'd rather have nearly gotten caught because of his own fuck-up than because some goddess was feeling bored. She didn't have to spy and watch over him...But that could come later.

Going back up to his hotel room, he would end up being rather loud; she had an hour or so to recuperate. And after this, he was leaving again...But this time he had no idea where. It would depend on where Antoine would tell him where his next target was.

He then started to pack stuff up, getting his suitcases back together and packing up his bags. He was definitely feeling better, though still a bit light-headed. "You might wanna get up; I'm checking out today. You can either come with me or go back...wherever the hell it is you live, but just know they won't take kindly to you being here after I'm gone." Shawn would say, pulling out a map of Utah and starting to draw a route; it would take him a few hours to even get to Little Sahara, and that was just the 'edge' of it.

"Where the hell is she?!" Hissing the words as she sat up in the bed, Eris stared irritably at the wall. She'd been gone long enough after possessing a body, the fact that her sister hadn't come for her was almost.. Concerning. Unless it was payback, due to the disapproval for her current actions. Either that, or they didn't think anything of it, and she was going to need a bit longer to recuperate. Regardless, she'd be able to return by the end of the day, if she was lucky.

"Oh, great, there's the bastard." Rubbing at her head as he finally came barreling in, Eris pulled herself slowly out of the bed. Everything was aching, although it was slowly fading away as the hours passed. This is what I get for overdoing it, all for one stupid mortal.. Chastising herself, she fumbled around for her pants before getting them on. Her own shirt went in hand, although she made no move to take Shawn's off.

"I'm not going home yet." I fucking can't. "So I'll come with you, at least until I get bored." Oh, if they got into trouble while they were out, everything was going to hell in a hand basket, and Hades would not be happy to see her. "Besides, I don't think any straight male in this building would complain about me laying around here." Pulling on her shoes with a yawn, she began to comb her fingers through her tousled hair. "We can get going whenever you want."

"Well...Fair..." Shawn said, almost defeated by the fact that she took his offer to go with him; he had expected her to want to go home. But then again, this was par for the course; she was probably going to screw with him. "But I want to make something perfectly clear: Don't fuck with me on this one. This guy I'm hunting? He knows someone I've been hunting for far longer; and I'm still pissed at you for nearly getting me caught. In any case we leave in ten, so get a move on."

==========================================================================================================================

Shawn got the car packed up, went and paid his hotel tab, then came back in with a cup of coffee for each of them. "Here...It's shit hotel coffee, but it's still something. There's sugar and creamer if you want; I don't know how you like it, if you even drink it." he would say; and given that it was in those crappy Styrofoam cups, it wasn't anything gourmet at all.

Pulling out, he then made his way through town, going onto Route 50 just outside of Cedar City. "Now, again, I'm serious...Don't fuck this up for me. If you're really sorry for the shit you pulled, you'll keep out of this as much as possible, alright?"

Barely paying attention to what he was saying, Eris finished working the tangles out of her long hair the best that she could. Without a comb, it was the best she could do at the moment. He could be as mad at her as he wanted, and she couldn't care less at that moment. Following along as he got the car ready and paid, she was already sitting in the passenger seat when he came back.

"Coffee is coffee. We drink it at home, too, so I'm no stranger to it. Thanks." Taking the cup gratefully, she took a sip and grimaced. "It's.. Definitely not the best, but it'll do." Not bothering with the seat belt humans seemed to favor so much, she held the coffee in her lap and leaned back in the seat. "Yeah, whatever, let's just go. I'm far too tired to argue."

Shawn just grimaced; god damn it, this cavalier attitude was grating. "You sure you're not bipolar or something? You go from being 'Hold me' to 'Fuck your rules' in the blink of an eye. That takes some talent." he commented; he knew people could have mood swings, but most people had a medium. Her? That seemed to be non-existent. "But, as a sign of trust, I'm gonna hold you to your word.

The drive would be uneventful for the next few hours, just going down the main highway; he would consult a map every now again, seeming to look for a specific point. It was a good thing he had all-terrain tires put on this, because this next part was going to get tricky. "Hang on" he would then say, taking a hard right; granted, this was a state park, but there were enough ways to get in besides the entrances people flocked to. He'd been here before, just once, but it was enough.

"Now...If it's alright with you, I'm going to ask you to keep an eye out for a large group of vehicles. The areas we're going don't have many going through them, so if you happen to see a huge convoy of cars like mine, tell me." he would then ask her; even if she might not comply, couldn't hurt to ask, as she did owe him after all.

"I'm tired. I don't suffer from your human diseases. So no, I'm not bipolar. And I was cold, so naturally I asked you to hold me. Even deities get cold." Shrugging her shoulders, she let her eyes drift shut with a sigh. While the seat was more comfortable than the less than adequate bed had been, it was a far cry from her own bed at home. "Trust," She let out a quiet laugh. "I'm not sure I'm the type of person people trust, but if you say so." Thankful for how long the drive was, Eris took the chance to doze on and off during the duration of it. The more she rested, the better she would feel to get home later.

"Wha..?" Her eyes cracked open some time later at the sound of his voice, hand shooting out to steady herself on the door. "Are we at a park..?" Sounding incredibly groggy, she rubbed at her eyes and focused on their surroundings. What were they doing at a park? At that point, she wasn't sure if she cared.

"Sure, I'll do my best." Yawning and stretching in the seat, she kept her eyes out the window as he'd asked. "Are we looking for them to kill, or run away from?"

"Yeah, welcome to Little Sahara National Park. We're not exactly going to be visitors here though...At least not paying ones. There's a lot of land to cover." He didn't say much more than that, though he let out an amused snort.

"You're the one who's been eying me this whole time; what do you think?" he then asked her, adding "In any case, looking to kill all but one. With any luck, this should give us both the little boost we need." She fed off chaos right? Well, he was about to cause a whole lot of it if he found them.

"See anything yet?" he would then ask her after about an hour of searching; his vehicle moved kind of slowly over the dunes; given that it was just around the time for the deal, they either would already be grouped up, or a group would be on its way.

=======================================================================================================================

**Little Sahara National Park, 11:48AM**

It was a very hot day, but that did not stop Antoine Johnson from waiting in his truck for the Sons. His men were preparing the cargo for exchange while he sat on the back of his truck rolling a joint for his enjoyment. Would make the heat much less intense if he was in a certain state of mind. He stuck it in his mouth and reached into his shirt pocket for his lighter as he stared straight ahead. Sure enough a cloud of dust was starting to kick up as a few vehicles made their way through the desert.

"Aye, look alive! Our buyers are here!" He called out as his Timberlands hit the sand below him and he started to walk forward. The cargo was all ready for the exchange by the time the Son's had parked. The lead vehicle was a white SUV...a nice one. That was where Antoine was focused. As the doors opened, his gang all moved behind him as the waited for the leader of the Son's to present himself so they could get this deal over with and get out of the heat.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say. Maybe I should stop eyeing you then, let you nearly get caught on your own next time." Like hell she was going to let that happen, but it was the first threat she could come up with. His attitude was starting to get on her nerves, even if she knew it was only because she was tired. "Let's just get this over and done with. I want to go back to bed." If she was lucky, there'd be a good amount of panic that day to fuel her back up quickly.

She kept her eyes open and alert as they drove, flitting around for any sign of multiple vehicles. For some time she thought it pointless, and it was only when she caught the sight of dust and heard vehicles jolting to stops that she snapped to attention. Pointing out his window and wiggling her finger, she cleared her throat. "Over there. I can't see how many vehicles there are, but I can hear people talking. I can't make out what they're saying, but I'd assume that's who you're looking for." Either that, or it was a huge coincidence.

Shawn looked out the window, seeing the dust cloud and smiling. "Good eye; those just might be our guys. This far out is restricted to vehicles only, and only extreme dunejumpers normally come out here. Let's go crash the party, yeah?" he would say, turning hard and going towards the plume.

Stopping a fair bit of a ways back and killing the engine, he then said, "You can sleep here; this shouldnt take too long." Stepping out of the car, the backdoor would open as Shawn grabbed a rifle case, opening it to reveal an M39 marksman rifle, taking a sand-colored ghillie suit out as well and dressing up in it. And he would then take off past Eris' window, looking like a tan yeti as he climbed up and over the dunes, disappearing from sight.
=========================================================================================================================
Out from the lead SUV stepped Bruce Richardson, a relatively skinny man with a balding spot on the top of his cranium, the once-brown hair largely grayed and his eyes shaded by prescription sunglasses; he seemed quite old to be involved in a gang. In fact, one might even say he had that 'pedophile' look. Even stranger was that they were a motorcycle gang, but here they were driving SUVs. It wasn't like they had dirtbikes though...And with the cargo they were carrying, they needed the extra storage.

Still, Bruce had his resources. It was because of him and his gang that their businesses were still thriving. And besides, when a product this good came knocking, who was he to pass up an opportunity?

Dressed in his leathers - the back sporting the Sons' logo of an eagle superimposed over the letter 'A', flying under an arch of the gang's name with the phrase "Donec mors non separat" underneath it all - and denim jeans, he lifted his sunglasses to reveal light green eyes. "You must be Antoine...Pleased to make your acquaintance. What's say we get this deal over with, eh? The sun's a mother today" he then said, motioning to some of his guys to start taking the cargo and loading it.

"So...You know the deal right? This shipment has us set for a while. The Crips will have the Sons' authority to use these routes to ship their goods further east. Just remember the schedule for 'fees'." He then stepped closer, adding venomously "And remember that you keep out of Fort Collins and Niwot. That's our turf."

=======================================================================================================================

Off in the distance, Shawn sat prone in desert camouflage ghillie suit the barrel of his customized M39 EMR poking out: Fitted with a sound/flash suppressor and as well as a day scope set to about 4x magnification, the man would be absolutely unheard when he began his 'shift'. He didn't count more than a dozen men, and being about seven hundred yards out, he was well within the effective range of the weapon. Still, he needed to keep one alive; there was a specific Crip he was looking for. One that killed a kid during a gang shootout and jumped bail to avoid charges. The one leaning on the truck seemed like he had information; of course, he could be wrong, but then all he needed was one alive.

His breathing slowed, finger gently pressing on the trigger in time with his steadying heartbeat. He was falling into the zone that all good snipers achieved, that state of mind where that final steadying breath would unleash hell on the enemy

Inhale...

Exhale...

Inhale...

Exhale...

Inhale...

Exhale...

The first shot cracked, the rifle butt pushing against Shawn's shoulder as it recoiled. The slug screamed through the air, carving a clean tunnel through Richardson's skull and catching one of his boys in the shoulder, making him stumble and fall. He adjusted his aim to the Son just behind the second SUV, and fired again. That shot caught him right in the side of the heart before he could even react, the bullet destroying his lung in the process.

And like clockwork, even as they might scurry, he kept his patience and scanned for targets, firing whenever the opportunity presented itself. And with the wind picking up a little now, it would be much harder to figure out where he was coming from.

"Yeah, sleep. That sounds amazing." Shifting around in the seat, Eris closed her eyes again with a sigh. "Although I highly doubt that's going to happen. I gotta soak up all this shit you're about to do." Barely paying attention as he loaded up and changed, she kicked her feet up on the dashboard with a yawn. "Feed me, my killer." She had no doubt that he would, it was just a matter of waiting now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She looks like shit. Is that why she hasn't come back?" One of the Ker looked down into the water with disgust, stirring it with a finger. "And remind me again why we need to use the water like we're some damn witches? It's just as easy to do the same thing Eris does, and it looks more fun when it's floating in the air."

"Because I don't care enough to put that much effort into it, child." Sounding exasperated, Nyx leaned back in her chair and sighed. "I wanted to make sure the idiot wasn't dead, and she's clearly not. Just over exerted herself like the dumb ass she is. Her obsession with this mortal is become steadily unhealthy. It's a pity she'll never listen to reason, she's always been too rebellious for her own good. Even you listen," She paused, looking at her red eyed daughter. "Well, more than her, anyway."

"She'll be back soon enough. Come on, move over to where the human went. I want to see how many he's going to kill this time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And it begins." Opening her eyes with a start, Eris listened to the first shot ring out. Even at a distance it reached her ears clearly, followed by another shot and shouts of pain and panic. "Excellent." Part of her wanted to get out of the car and go right to the source, but she was close enough it would still feed her. Stretching out in the seat with a smile, she listened to shot after shot as the smell of blood drifted along in the wind. "That's my boy."

Antoine hadn't processed the situation until after the second shot was fired, and that's when the gears started turning. "What the fuck?!" He shouted as he watched his one of his men catch the second bullet, which proved to be fatal. Was this the work of the Sons? Some kind of mutiny against Richardson? No, one of their guys was dead too. He didn't have to say anything to his gang, they were are starting to go for cover. Wherever the shooter was, he could obviously see them well enough, but they couldn't see him!

Antoine moved towards the back of the SUV as quick as he could, while simultaneously drawing his weapon. "You assholes! Someone followed you here!" He shouted over to the Sons as his eyes darted out for the shooter. Where were the bullets coming from?! Some of his boys decided to try and figure it out for themselves, and they quickly found themselves with lead in the head. Whoever this was, he was a damn good shot and Antoine wouldn't make any moves until he figured out where the fuck he was.

===============================================================================================================

So...The rats were scattering.

That was the thought that passed through Shawn's head as he kept picking his shots, Sons and Crips falling down to the ground with a hole through the head. He reveled in each kick, each silent report of the weapon that ended every scumbag its bullets struck. This was a service to the country. They wanted to sell poison, manipulate and kill people? He'd show them what it was like on the other side of the looking glass.

And when the last one fell, the man had a distinct impression that there was still a few left. No doubt all those corpses around would deter the remaining ones from being brave. Still...He had hoped to not kill all of them, because these assholes had the info he needed. Or so he'd been told; and god forbid his previous informant only dropped this information because that meant starting from ground zero.

With no-one looking in his direction, he decided it was best to get up close, crawling backwards from under the tarp and moving around behind the hills, keeping tabs on the location of the last few gang-bangers. For close-up combat, he had an MP9, fitted with an extended magazine, cold-forged barrel and suppressor. He also carried a knife in case things got too close, but he'd rather not make them bleed over all his clothes.

The last of the Sons in the group, back against the third SUV, was clutching his pistol like he was holding a lifeline. "Man, you fucking Crips really screwed us this time! This your way of trying to get all the goods for yourself?" he hissed, to which the second-to-last Crip sneered, "Oh right, yeah, 'cause the Crips would kill their own homies for shit like this. You realize how stupid you sound, cracker?" The Son grimaced, "You better shut the fuck up, nig--" But that was all he said before a short whistling put four holes in his chest, falling over dead. The other Crip looked up and tried to draw to fire, but soon dropped to his back, eyes fading as blood stained the front of his white shirt.

Antoine saw this and started to draw his own gun up, but then he heard someone say, "Ah, ah, ah...You best drop it, my friend."

There was a small pause, the voice adding "Sorry about the Son asshole though; we're not all racists, so please don't think badly of me because his parents were related."

Antoine felt a cold sweat on him despite the heat, dropping the gun; he knew he was fucked right now. He was in some real deep shit. He could feel the sweat basically dripping from his sack. Or maybe that was piss, who the fuck knew? Where did this guy even come from? What were his balls made of that he dared to pick a fight with both the Crips and the Sons? There were so many questions in his head, but he knew none of them would be answered. All of his crew, dead within minutes. Whoever he was dealing with would kill him too.

"Man, fuck you." Antoine said simply, though he couldn't control the shaking of his voice. "The fuck you doing, killing my boys like that? You just messed with the wrong gang, and I'm sure the Sons are going to be out for blood too. You think you're going to get away this? Not a chance!" He sneered.

"Oh, they're so cute when they're scared!" Cooing as she watched the bloodshed begin, the Ker began tugging on a shirt. "I bet Eris is soaking this up about now, but I want in on it, and I want in on it now." Nyx gave her a look of disapproval, shaking her head even as her daughter hummed happily.

"And what, you're just going to show up barefoot, in nothing but jeans and a T-shirt?" Ker shrugged, lifting her hands in the air carelessly. "Right, you like walking around in pools of blood, of course dust isn't going to bother you."

"Really, sister?" Thanatos' voice came from the doorway, a heavy sigh slipping past his lips. Arms crossed over a broad chest, he shook his head at the women inside. "It's bad enough Eris has become so obsessed she's overexerted herself, but now you want to get involved? All four of you are going to end up turning their world into a blood bath for the next century." She only grinned, giving him a mock bow as she started towards the growing mist.

"I'm just going to watch, and to make sure our dear sister is alright. If she can't get back on her own, I'll have to bring her back myself." Crinkling her fingers in a wave, she disappeared with a lingering laugh.

"Hello, sister." Dropping into the driver's seat, she watched in delight as Eris nearly jumped out of her skin with a curse. "Why are you still sitting here, instead of watching the bloodshed? Come now, let's get a closer look." Eris stared tiredly at her but complied, opening up the door and slowly getting out. "Oh, you really do look like shit." The Ker cringed, rounding the car to link arms with her sister.

"Fuck off, you dumb malaka." Eris grumbled discontentedly, trudging along as the sound of shouting and gunshots grew closer. "I think most of them are dead, anyway. There might be some left for you to experience the death firsthand, but likely you're just going to have to soak up the energy." Not that either of them minded, even if participating did make things much more fun.

"Ah, there they are." Arms still linked, the Ker beamed happily as she took in all of the carnage and the fright of a man's voice. "That is just delicious. I love seeing torture and murder firsthand."

Shawn just grinned as the man tried to keep up the tough guy act, not replying to him pointing out the obvious right away. Walking around and behind him, he then took the piece from the man's hand, tossed it aside and kept his own barrel trained on him. "They won't find out until I'm already long gone; but if you're pissed at me now, you should see the scummy fucks I killed to get this location. More of your 'boys'. Guess there's no honor among thieves after all."

Antoine wrinkled his nose in disgust when he heard that. This dude had killed even more of them? He gritted his teeth in anger, but there wasn't much he could do now that his gun was gone. How did he get them to talk?! He didn't think he'd live through this, not the way this guy was looking at him. Even if he did, he'd be gunned down for ratting out one of his boys. He knew exactly who he was talking about. Dominic Brown...he had recently skipped town for killing some kid. Why did this guy care so much?

Keeping his distance, he then asked as his grip tightened on the weapon, "Now then...My turn. A boy was killed during a gang shootout, and one of your homeboys thought to jump bail and head out of town. Now, I didn't think to see any Crips in Utah, but I guess I'm just that lucky. So here's what's going to happen: You're going to give me a name, and where this ass-clown's going."

"I ain't no goddamn snitch, mother fucker. You gonna kill me? Pull the trigger! If you don't, you're going to regret it.." Antoine said without hesitation. He had to wonder what the guy did to make the others talk, but he wouldn't break that easily. He had a gun pointed at him many times, and seeing as death was the only option no matter what he did, he wouldn't give this asshole the satisfaction.

Though Antoine would see the ladies walking up toward them, taking this opportunity, "Hey...Hey, you two, call the police! This man's a fucking psycho! We were just here chilling and he opened fire on us!" Shawn just smirked, "Nice try, punk; I don't fall for that one anymore." Antoine just smirked, "I'm dead serious homie, you fucked up; you got witnesses now." He then held his arms out, "And all that shit you thought I knew? Just went bye-bye. Like I said...I ain't no snitch."

Shawn couldn't help but grin even more; it wouldn't have been any fun if he'd just given up the name. "Right, right. Snitches end up in ditches, that's the motto you gangbangers go by. Well, I wouldn't worry too much; you at least seem to understand that you're dead no matter what you do." He then put a round into each of Antoine's legs, forcing the man to crumple with a loud howl of pain.

"But the real question you should be asking is: How long will you make your suffering go on? Because trust me, I've got nothing but time now..." Shawn said, grabbing Antoine's shirt and starting to drag him across the sands; however, he would look up and see in fact that Antoine wasn't lying...But he happened to know at least one of them. Who was she with though? "Figured you'd be too fucked up from yesterday to be out of the car...Who's this though?" he then asked Eris, motioning to the girl beside her; unknown to him, one of the Sons seemed to be struggling weakly, reaching for a gun and was trying to aim it at Shawn's back.

"I love it when they put up a good fight." Ker snickered, dropping her arm down to lace her fingers through Eris'. Giving it a healthy squeeze, she ignored the scoff at the motion. Eris could huff and puff all she wanted, but in the end it didn't change anything. "Oh, no." She pouted, throwing her free hand up in the air as she pulled Eris several feet closer. "I really hope he doesn't kill him right away. Then again, it's not like there's much more energy for you to soak up, is there?"

Eris gave her a dirty look, yanking her hand free to cross her arms over her chest. Her sister's constant chattering was beginning to wear on her nerves, and she nudged her away with a hip. She was tired, she was cranky, and she just wanted to go home. Her head turned at the sound of the yelling, watching in amusement as the man sought their help. If he thought they were going to stop Shawn in any way, he was about to learn otherwise. And the potential panic that would come would feed her nicely.

"Oh, that had to hurt. I fucking love it." Ker was pulling Eris forward again, nearly bouncing with excitement at the sound of broken bones and the scent of blood. "I'm jealous I didn't get to do that. Man, I need to find a war stricken country and have some fun there."

"Will you please shut the fuck up already?" Eris snapped at her, her attention switching as Shawn spoke. "Kiss my ass, killer." She uncrossed her arms and raised a middle finger, eyes flitting around before she gave a loud groan. "I fucking hate doing this on short notice." Tanned skin faded into a smokey gray, dissipating into a thick black mist before her feet were sinking into sand several feet away.

"Sorry, sister." Hands sliding into hair to grip tightly, she wrenched the struggling man's head to the side until she heard bone snap. "I'm not awake enough for this." Dropping the limp body with a noise of disgust, she wiped her hands on her shirt as her sister shrieked.

"Dammit, Eris! You know that should have been me! Why would you steal that from me?!" Eris gave her an exasperated look, rubbing tiredly at her face before looking between the other woman and Shawn.

"Because you didn't tear open a portal fast enough, so I shadow walked. Pain in the ass, but the car offered just enough for me to do it. Now, why don't you pay attention to what he's doing with that other asshole?" Making her way back to Ker, she rested her head on the taller woman's shoulder. "Now shut up and watch."

Shawn just groaned; Antoine happened to look up and see those two others talking, his mind still somewhat clear as he then looked at Shawn with the most confused expression. Shawn met his gaze, just saying "Don't ask...Besides, they're not your problem. I am." However, he then happened to see Eris turn into smoke and he immediately stood up, "Oh what now, they're all dead..."

*SNAP*

Shawn then looked behind him back where the bodies were, seeing her holding a man; the Ker seemed upset, and Shawn just looked lost. But...He would just throw his hands up and turn his attention back to Antoine. "Look, as you can see, I happen to have some rather enthusiastic followers." Shawn said; even with her impudence and impatience...This was a golden opportunity. One he couldn't afford to waste.

"And that one? The one that didn't vanish into smoke? She's got a bit of a bloodthirsty streak to her; so unless you want her to rip you apart, piece by piece? Well...She's been itching for a new chew toy. So...How about it champ?" Shawn then asked, giving a cold smile to the man bleeding from his thighs. Antoine looked past Shawn, the Ker just having her arms crossed, possessing a slightly sadistic smile. "Ooh, Killer...Is this a present for me now? You're so kind...." she would say, adding as she then took a step forward, "He looks like a screamer...I look forward to hearing them echo across the desert!"

"Whoa whoa man, you keep that crazy bitch away from me!" Antoine shouted, Shawn then grabbing the man's shirt, "Then give me his name! And where he's going!" Antoine gulped, seeing the red-eyed woman now teething her fingernail in anticipation. Fuck this man, he thought; looking back at Shawn he then said, "If I talk...You'll let me go?" Shawn just smirked, "Sure; not like you can run very fast. But if you limp, you might find a group of campers that could help you."

Antoine swallowed hard again, the heat starting to get to him; fuck this, man. Fucking Derric had to be an asshole and drive on the Bloods' turf. He didnt think anything of it, kids got mowed down all the time where he was from. But now? Having these three psychos around him? And what did Derric ever do for him?

"Dominic....Dominic Brown. He's going to Chicago."

At this Shawn cursed, making Antoine smile, "What's the matter, cracker? He won't be there for long, and you'll be hard pressed to find him there." Shawn then stood up, leveled his SMG at the man's crotch and put a round between his legs. Antoine cried out in pain, squirming on the ground now as a red patch formed on his jeans. "No, smartass; I'm just pissed because I left Illinois two days ago. B" Shawn would say, kicking the man hard across the jaw and making him be reduced to whimpering noises. "Y..you crazy fucker...The Crips will find you...Make you pay..."

"Tough talk for a guy who's bleeding out from a cockshot...." Shawn then said; turning to the Ker and stating "You want him still? He's breathing at least, though for how much longer who knows?"

"But I don't want to watch, I wanted to kill!" Noticing how tired Eris was, she softened up for a second and patted her on the head. "You're an idiot. But you're my idiot. One of them, anyway." She instantly perked up, arms over her chest as she made her intentions quite clear. Oh, this was going to be a lot of fun.

"Oh!" She shrieked in delight as blood blossomed from the cruelly placed wound, nodding enthusiastically. Was the man an idiot, asking a goddess of violent death if she wanted a free kill? Of course she did. Her legs were already moving as she crouched down, dragging a finger slowly across the pool of blood--And then licked her finger clean.

"Oh for--Sister, that is disgusting. Really, blood from his cock?" The Ker shrugged, licking her lips clean without looking at Eris. Blood was blood, and she was happy.

"Oh, let me have my fun. You didn't even make the other one bleed to give me that satisfaction." She drug a nail harshly down Antoine's face, drawing a thin line of blood that her tongue drug over. "Oh, that is just delicious. I do love the taste of blood." Humming happily as she wiped the blood from her mouth, debating the many, many options she had there. "Eris, how bloody should I make it? It's been awhile since I saw a heart beating outside of a human's chest." Eris groaned, rubbing at her face in annoyance. Watching her sister summon the strength to force her hand through a rib cage was irritating at best, disgusting at worst.

"Do whatever you'd like." Bone crunched as fingers slid easily through skin, ribs protruding through the open wound as she tore his chest open. A string of happy Latin spilled from her lips, listening to the cries of absolute agony as she grabbed bone and wrenched it violently. Eris cringed at the loud sound, snapping and tearing of flesh as part of the rib cage landed on the ground. "You're disgusting. Absolutely disgusting." A shoulder was shrugged, blood coating an arm as it reached into the open chest and wrapped around the still beating heart.

"You're lucky I'm not eating it this time." Blood sprayed as she wrenched back, staring at the pulsing organ before she tossed it carelessly over her shoulder. It landed with a thud on the ground, but her eyes were focused on the gasping man before him. "Oh, to watch them gasp for air and die as their body recognizes its missing its own heart.. Such a beautiful sight."

Needless to say, Shawn hadn't expected the woman to agree; he was just using her language as a fear measure, and it worked. But seeing her running towards the downed man? And talking like that? And then Eris said the one word he never thought he'd hear:

Sister...

"That's your sister?" Shawn asked; though the sound of violent bone breaking and sinew tearing distracted him as she seemed...ecstatic. Happy to be doing this, like it was hard-coded in her DNA to do this. His face cringed as she reached past the mess of broken bone and shredded muscle, the man screaming before starting to gurgle, blood running from the corner of his mouth, his eyes flicking up to see the red-eyed madwoman holding his heart in her hand, pulsing visibly before carelessly throwing it away.

Even Shawn was getting a bit disgusted; he'd used some barbaric methods, sure, but nothing this bad! Antoine choked on the blood that pooled in his airway, combined with the fact that he was slowly losing oxygen, gasping very much like a fish out of water. And minutes later, the Ker would see the light start to fade from his eyes, the ocular orbs wide open, blood pooling under him as his head lolled sideways. Body limp as a ragdoll; if the police didn't find him, his corpse would provide an easy meal for the scavengers, as would the bodies of the other dead. The heart lay now still just a few feet behind her, the sand stained red with the blood it had leaked out.

"Ermm..." Shawn said; what could be said though? Never had he felt so lost? He didn't want to puke; he'd been desensitized to extreme violence thanks to his military service. But...Seeing a goddess' sister do this? Just...What the absolute fuck now?

"So...Uh, thanks...Eris...For catching that guy? You know...And stopping him from shooting me in the back..." he then said to her; it would be clear he meant the gratitude, but at the same time, he was still very confused about what he was supposed to do...Aside from going back to Illinois, to one of the roughest cities in the USA. A plenitude of targets, a place he would be staying for a while.

And honestly, one of the places he thought he would be visiting last...But if that's where Dominic Brown was, that's where he was going. And...There were plenty of other high value targets there.

Hadn't she warned him about her sisters? Eris couldn't even remember at that moment, wrinkling her nose at the heavy scent of blood in the air. Her sister stood, not bothering to wipe her blood coated arm or splattered face. She was grinning ear to ear, returning to Eris' side even as the other recoiled.

"Don't ruin my clothes." She turned her attention momentarily to Shawn. "You're welcome. Don't need my killer dying." Giving him a faint, but still exhausted smile, she let the Ker take her by the hand and tug her back. "I think it's time for me to go home, though." And sleep for a fucking month. "You'd better move along, hope the beasts take the bodies." Giving him a mock salute, she waited impatiently as her sister spoke.

"Thanks, killer. I'm more than happy to repeat this." Purring the words, she finally wiped some of the blood from her face. "Anytime you want some help with this, let me take care of it. By the time I've halfway done, they'll be begging to tell you every secret they've ever held." Eris rolled her eyes, tugging at the bloodied moment as her impatience grew.

"Let's go." Mist was already hanging in the air, rippling out into a small circle that they both stepped through and disappeared. They landed in the main room at their house, Ker dumping Eris unceremoniously on the couch. The twins looked up, pouting as they saw the blood covering their other sister. Nyx was standing in the doorway, glass of wine in hand. She took one look at her two daughters, shook her head, and left the room.

"I'm not dealing with this shit today."

Shawn just stood there, stupefied as the whole thing went down; what could he even say? He'd never really believed or put much stock in deities, and now seeing two of them acting so catty? Well, it wasn't anything anyone would expect, really; or maybe they would, he didn't know. He couldn't even respond to Eris calling him 'killer' again, the sight of everything was just too much.

Regardless, all he could do was watch as they gave him their farewells, vanishing into the nothing of the mortal realm. Just....What in the absolute fuck? Shawn had no words, instead shaking his head and just throwing his hands up before having them come to rest on his hips, one hand then coming to stroke the thin beard that covered his strong jaw line. Well...Antoine gave him the information he needed.

Still...Really? This dickhead was in the next city over all this time? Fuck...And he just finished leaving a big pile of bodies there too. Well...It was some place he was always going to get to eventually...May as well be now.

And so, after scavenging guns, ammunition and cash from the delivery crates and the bodies - including a briefcase which held several hundred thousand dollars - he loaded everything up in his Jeep and got the hell out.

========================================================================================================================
*LITTLE SAHARA NATIONAL PARK. May 26th, 5:39PM*

Needless to say, the slaughter did not go unnoticed for long; a couple of renegade dune riders happened across the scene and immediately informed authorities; both of them got sick, especially seeing the one body that had its chest ripped open, and even seeing two vultures fighting over the heart that had been forcibly excised from its former owner while others picked at his chest cavity, going for the exposed organs. No doubt nicely toasted from the beating Little Sahara sun.

"God....Seriously, why can't bad guys just stick to back alleys in the city and shit?" said Detective Brett Echols; standing at 5'9", his crimson hair shone in the fading light of the day, a thin and well-kempt beard covering his jaw. Thanks to the heat, he was dressed in a light and breathable polo shirt and slacks.

"Christ what a mess..." he would say, running a hand through his hair; who the hell got so pissed they wiped out these Crips and the Sons? Just...Why? He'd need to look more, but just seeing the magnitude of this massacre, it was insane.

"You couldn't have put me in my bed?" Groaning loudly at her sister, Eris lazily threw an arm out with a middle finger. "I'm exhausted. Bring me some ambrosia."

"Get it yourself, lazy ass. I need to go shower all this blood off. It's starting to dry and I hate having to scrub it off once it's caked."

"Go shower, you filthy bitch." An irritated huff sounded before feet stomped from the room, followed by the sound of quiet footsteps entering. Eris barely managed to look up from her sprawl, spotting a head of white hair as her brother shook his head. "Oh, don't look at me like that, Thanny. I'm too tired for this."

"That's your own fault. Let's get you back into your own room." Leaning down, the god hefted her easily up into his arms, ignoring her complaints at being jostled around in a less than compassionate way. "Stop being so whiny. I'm going to toss you in bed, give you a wet washcloth for the blood our sister left on you, and leave you to your self induced misery." She swatted at him, barely managing to smack his cheek before she was dumped in her bed.

"Fuck off!" A wet cloth hit her face moments later and she growled, wiping off the blood before flinging it at him. "Get the hell out of my room, you overly empathetic asshole!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, that's just fuckin' lovely." A scoff sounded from the blond man, a hand raking through his shaggy hair as another held a cigarette. Inhaling deeply, brown eyes took in the carnage with only a mild interest. "I don't know why sent me instead of Michaels, but I guess since I'm here I may as well look around." Dressed plainly in a pair of jeans and a gray T-shirt, he shook his head while exhaling a cloud of smoke.

"That doesn't look like anything a human could do," Tucking his hands into his pockets, the cigarette dangled from his lips as he approached. "But there's no claw or teeth marks from any animals. That looks pretty clean. What the hell could do that?" Eyes moved to the bits of bone strewn around, brow furrowing with concentration. "Hell, if a person did this, I'm both a bit frightened and impressed at the same time."

Stepping away to make his rounds around the different corpses, he cringed at a couple of them. The bodies were covered in their own blood, strewn around in less than pleasant ways. If the bastards hadn't done so much harm to others, he might have felt a little bad.

"The animals are going to fucking eat these up. Free meal, right?"

"Yeah, that's what I thought too...But like you said, no claw or teeth marks." Brett replied to the other male detective; truth be told this whole scene was grisly as shit, but this also wasn't the only one. He'd seen mass murders before, though nothing like this. He didn't want to fathom the idea of a human being strong enough to crack open the sternum and rip their chest open like that; either that guy was a hell of a juicer or used kind of tool.

He honestly didn't know which was worse, now that he thought about it. Both were sick possibilities; this was a level of violence that screamed personal agenda. "Maybe if we got here a few hours later yeah...But now the morgue's going to have a hell of an evening." Brett would say in reply; granted, he wouldn't mind letting the animals clean this up for them.

"You know, come to think of it, I heard about scenes like this in other states. People from gangs and shit all winding up dead. There was that one warehouse in Illinois...Remember? Something like 10 dead, wasn't it?" he said, starting to wonder if the same psycho that did this was the one that killed these guys. Granted, the Sons were bad enough, but if they were working with other gangs...

"Holy shit....It's Bruce..."

Brett then turned and heard one of the other CSI people comment, turning around "Bruce...You mean Richardson?" The CSI nodded and motioned for the two detectives to come closer; indeed, it was fucking Bruce Richardson. Head of the Sons of Silence himself. "Well...Guess this is one way to have your golden years end prematurely." Brett commented, rubbing at his jaw; well, that was one way to cut off the head of the snake. "Man, the DA's gonna be pissed; you know how hard he's been working this case against this prick? All that overtime and manpower basically wasted...I should send whoever did this a thank-you basket." Brett remarked sarcastically; Bruce was a slippery bastard in Utah. It was like trying to catch a greased pig with this man; every time they thought they had him, someone or something came in and nicked him from trouble.

"Yeah, I vaguely remember hearing about the warehouse. Then wasn't there the public killing? I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same person. It seems like too much of a coincidence to not be. Unless there's a group of these fuckers going around. It would make sense how so many of these bastards are being killed at once. No dumb bastard," He explained a cloud of smoke and pointed towards the destroyed, half eaten body. "Would sit still while someone broke them open like that. By the amount of blood, they were still alive when that happened. I almost feel bad for the little shit head."

Turning at the sound of another voice, the man's face twitched before it contorted into confusion. Caught off guard at last he paused with the cigarette to his mouth, turning his attention to the current conversation. Someone had finally killed the lead bastard?

"No shit." He chuckled. "Fuck the DA. They should just be happy the bastard's finally gone. I'm sure there's plenty more of them to let rot in jail." He'd brought catch shit for that comment later, but he didn't particularly care. The cigarette hit the ground, crushed under his heel as he chuckled again. "Man, this is some crazy shit. I ain't ever seen anything like it. I'd love to meet whoever did this, if only to watch them get the chair."

"Yeah, Philly Phatman or whatever his name was...Shot dead while he was celebrating his victory in court." Brett replied; it was ironic that not soon after that man got killed, people here started dropping. First there was that man that apparently disappeared into thin air after being caught torturing one of the other gangsters, and now this? Was definitely more than a coincidence. And if this little was still alive?

Man, even he wouldn't wish that fate on his worst enemy; his body shuddered as he only imagined the amount of pain that would cause. "Can tell ya this much: Whoever, or whatever did this, is one sick puppy. Ought to be put down for sure; people like this don't just kill the evil ones for long. Soon enough, everyone's a target." Brett replied; having this bastard get the chair.

And soon enough, the coroner's van - or rather vans - pulled up, the coroner herself - a middle-aged woman with short red-brown hair, a pair of spectacles covering her light-blue eyes and dressed in a button up shirt and slacks - came upon the scene. "Well...Guess you really did need all these cars; hopefully we have the room." she would say, Brett just saying "Stack 'em however you need to; buzzards already wanting to pick at the corpses." And soon after that, the woman led a small troupe of other men and women to begin collecting the bodies.

"Well...Let's head back with what we've got. Hopefully we get a print..." Brett said, the sarcasm very evident in his voice as they got back into their own SUV, heading back to an air-conditioned office to start processing the paperwork.
=========================================================================================================================
About two days passed, the Ker that had accompanied Eris to the human world would knock on her door; the goddess had yet to come out, probably still sleeping off her little tryst in the mortal realm. How long had it been since their dear sister actually used that much of her power, and for one man? The second part was never, but the first part was back when armies marched in formation and charged and clashed. Steel colliding with steel and wood, the orgasmic sounds of metal rending flesh, the arousing sight of red slicking the battlefield as the animalistic fury of mankind made them tear each other apart.

Better days, the Ker thought...But right now, she was wanting to hear some certain words from her sister.

"Knock knock!~" the Ker said, just opening the door and seeing Eris still laying in bed. Coming to sit beside her sibling, she would then say "So, still lazing about? Your little boytoy isn't doing much right now; of course, I can't see as well as you can unless it's a massacre, but right now he's stopped just...Eating. And he didn't even kill it with his own two hands!" Her tone was a playful whine, like a puppy wanting its toy.

"And besides, you never did thank me~"

Back
Top Bottom