Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blessed by Chaos (Razgriz x Degusaurusrex)

Shawn just scoffed as she told him 'Cerberus' wouldn't put up with his shit. "You do what you want; if you like having men ogle your tits so much, you should just go topless. You'll make some trucker's day a whole lot better." he said dismissively before they made it in the door; turned out was a truck-stop style gas station, complete with breakfast menu, seating and a self-serve coffee pot.

"Thirty on pump four. Premium." Shawn woudl say to the cashier, a man dressed in a red button-up and blue jeans. "You're not from around here, are ya?" the cashier asked, Shawn just replying, "No sir, just passing through on to Chicago". The cashier laughed, "Chicago, huh? You must love the wind and the cold later on eh?" Shawn just smiled, "I've spent nights on end in the desert; doesn't get much colder than that."

And it was as Eris was pouring herself a cup of coffee that she would be approached by another man; a fairly tall and lean individual, his olive complexion was hidden by a long-sleeved denim shirt, black jeans and a pair of tennis shoes, his thinner chin covered by a finely-trimmed short goatee. "Whooo, helloo there little lady. How did I miss you walking in here. Name's Aaron, sweetheart. How's about I pay for that coffee for you?" he would then say to her.

"Keep that up and I'll start flashing you.." Muttering under her breath as she looked at the coffee, Eris plucked up a cup and began to fill it with a happy hum. It smelled better than some of the other stuff she'd had when with him, and a small sip confirmed that. Despite how happily she was bouncing around filling her coffee, she was listening to everything around her. From Shawn conversing with the cashier, to the other humans around her, even to the sounds of the machines running. Her smile didn't fade as the man approached her, and she turned from the counter with a sweet smile.

"I'm not very little, nor am I your sweetheart." Cup still in hand as she sauntered the last few steps to him, Eris tilted her head and stretched up to cup his chin. "You want to cover the coffee? I got one better for you." Dropping her hand, she tipped forward the hand holding the cup to let it spill down his front. Watching in satisfaction as he sputtered and yelled in pain, she calmly turned away and poured herself another cup. "Seeya later, sweetheart." Winking at him, Eris slunk across ad over to Shawn, bumping her hip against his. "Ready to go?"

Shawn and the cashier looked over as the man yowled, some of the other truckers laughing as the man got a literal hot pocket, the trucker shouting "Ye-ye fuckin' biiitch!" as Shawn sighed, feeling her hip touch his. "What did I say about not drawing attention?" he hissed at her; god damn it, this was even worse than the cops chasing after him.

"Alright sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave if your lady-friend's gonna cause trouble." the cashier then said, the manager - a stout bald man about 5'4" that dressed similarly to the cashier, but his clothes were more cleanly pressed - then emerged and said, "Ernest, what's going on out here?" Ernest the cashier just said, "Seems Aaron and this missus here had a little altercation, I was just advising them to leave."

The manager then pointed out the door, "If you paid for gas, fill up and get out. This ain't no place for troublemakers." His accent was a bit strong, but still easy to understand his words. "We were just leaving...Come on." Shawn then said, grabbing the goddess by the arm and pulling her out of the inside. So much for getting something to eat.

"Thanks a bunch for that. I was gonna sit down and have us both enjoy a meal. Can you be civil? Just once in your fucking life?" he then snarled at her, upset because he was both hungry and pissed at her making them the focus of people's attention. Even in a place this small, he didn't need to be taking chances. "Fuck it, not like you care. You probably don't even need to eat." he said, starting to fill up his Jeep, the pump giving little clicks as it dispensed gas.

"Bite me." Hissing the words at Shawn angrily, she huffed and barely managed to save her coffee as he tugged her along. "Don't be an asshole just because you're in a bad mood. We can get food somewhere better, I already told you I had money!" She flinched at his words, lips curling down into a scowl before she wrenched open the passenger door. "Yes, I do have to eat you fucking idiot. And sorry for not putting up with someone who likely had every intention of trying to grope me. I guess since I'm a goddess, I should just put up with unwanted advances and grin the entire time? Fuck you!" Growling at him as she ducked into the car with the coffee, she slammed it behind herself and resituated in the seat.

"Asshole." Down to her tank top now as she looped her mass of hair into a messy bun, she leaned against the inside of the door and sipped at her coffee. He could be mad all he wanted, but it wasn't going to change much of anything. Did he not understand the 'goddess of chaos' bit, when she did things like that? The way he was acting, she was supposed to be a saint and she was breaking the mold with her antics.

"Doesn't matter about better, you fucking tool." he grumbled as she slammed the door on his car; they were trying to blend in, but he guessed she had to stand out. Not something he needed...At all. Just for that he was finding the shittiest motel possible and holing up there; she was so against him sleeping in a dump, then fine she could find her own place. Waiting and waiting as the gas pump did its job, he felt heard it start to slow down; checking the amount, he then saw that it was about the right amount, and right as it hit thirty, he disengaged the pump nozzle and got back in his car. Leaving the isolated place alone once more, and a trucker with coffee on his dick and stomach.

"You know, I don't expect you to be a helpless damsel; hell, I like women that can kick ass more than you realize. And were it any other situation besides that, I would have laughed and complimented you. But out here, I don't need a trail following us to where we're going, understand?" he then said to her after driving for a bit, adding, "And for the record, you can still be professional and decline someone trying to hit on you. A no thanks works." Giving a scoff, he then just said with more than a hint of annoyance, "But I guess my pittances of wanting to stay under the radar as much as possible don't matter a fucking little when your whole schtick is fucking things up everywhere you go, now is it?"

"It's your own fault people are after you. Don't get me wrong, I fully approve of the reasons why, but it's still your own fault!" Ignoring him with a huff as they drove, she sipped her coffee and stared out the window. "Oh, I can kick ass far more than you realize. Trust me, you would not believe the things my sisters and I have done," She paused. "Them more than I, but nonetheless." Rolling her eyes and scoffing at him, Eris finally turned her head towards him.

"Do I look like I do professional, Shawn? You're lucky all I did was spill coffee on him, and not send him into a void." She scoffed again, gulping down her coffee despite the burn and setting down the cup. "Shut up before I put you through the Aether again. You might not survive, and I don't feel like getting shit for it again." She paused, inwardly cringing but moving on like she'd said nothing at all. "Fuckin' hell, I need a drink."

"Least I'd be rid of you making shit harder than it needs to be. You'd be someone else's problem at that point." he growled; yeah, it was clear that one time in the bed was about the only time he was going to have some peace. He didn't do this shit for giggles; and yeah, people after him was a consequence. He knew that, he respected that they had a job to do, and he could deal with it.

"And it doesn't fucking matter if you look like you do professional! You get me caught, you lose your fun and I lose out on doing my damn job! And unless I was mistaken, you liked me doing what I do! GOING TO BE PRETTY DAMN HARD SITTING BEHIND BARS!" he then shouted, getting rather red in the face; he tried to keep his temper in check, but man this bitch knew how to get under his skin.

At this he then pulled over to the side of the road again supremely sharply, likely enough to make her spill some of her coffee, them out in the middle of nowhere and put the car in park. "Get out....I don't want you anywhere fucking near me. You're such hot shit, you start butchering criminals on your own damn time." he snarled; he honestly didn't care what happened next. He just wanted her gone.

"I'm not stupid enough to let you get caught! Don't treat me like some mortal child trying and failing to shoplift!" Watching as his face turned red, she looked smug for a moment until the car jerked off the road. She visibly flinched at his harsh words, leaning down to unzip her bag. "Here. Get yourself a nicer place, and some good food for once." Throwing the large stack of bills at him, she zipped the bag back up. With a string of Latin curses under her breath, she snatched up the bag and jacket, wrenching open the door to get out.

"Fuck you, Shawn!" Tears burned at the corners of her eyes as she threw the thankfully empty cup at his face. "Get mad all you want, but I'm a person too! Goddess or not, I live, I breathe, and guess fucking what? I even love, despite how lowly you think of me. So go fuck yourself!" Slamming the door as she sniffled, she used the back of her hand to wipe the moisture from her eyes before starting off. Not looking back, she started walking straight as she situated the bag on her person. It would have been easy enough to open up a rift in seconds, but going home with tears of frustration was likely to get her more shit.

Shawn grabbed at the money after he blocked the now-empty cup at him; she loved? That was a riot; she loved fucking up people's lives maybe. "Same to you!" he shouted back as she stormed out, the man resting against his seat as he started to calm down. He felt the sizable stack of cash in his hands; how easy it would be to just put the car in drive and peel away. Make her eat dust as she left stranded on the road.

And....He was finding that he couldn't, even as his hand wrenched the gear changer, the car now ready to go forward. His hand gripped at the wheel, mouth and lips twitching and pursing shut as he battled internally; why was this so hard? She was nothing but a pain in the ass, a colossal bitch that existed only to make shit harder. This was the perfect chance to cut all ties, even get her to leave him alone for good.

But...Now he was feeling...guilt? No, why the fuck would he feel guilty? She was the one that nearly got him caught, she was the bitch that nearly made him crash, nothing good came from her. Nothing!

But...Even still, his hand curled around the wad of bills, throwing it angrily at the door, it bouncing off the surface and landing on the seat. His head leaned forward as she stormed off in front of his car, a hand slamming the wheel in frustration. He then stepped on the accelerator and got back on the road. And right as he would drive past her, she would then see him pull in front, stopping the car before getting out to confront her.

"Eris, wait..." Shawn said; god what was he thinking? How would he even say this? Holding out a hand in a 'Stop' sign, he then said, "Don't go..." He knew it sounded wonky, even he was having trouble processing what he was doing. "Look...I get chaos is your thing. I just get frustrated because I feel like you're intentionally trying to sabotage me sometimes...You said yourself that it was my fault people are after me, so can you at least see why I get pissed if you start having too many people look at us?"

The tears continued to sting at her eyes as she walked, bringing forth a frustrated growl from Eris. Clenching the jacket in hand and fixing her shorts, she huffed and continued walking. He could go to the Underworld and rot, for all she cared at that moment. She'd been stupid to involve herself so closely with a human, even if it was to feed the chaos she reigned so brilliantly. The sound of the car beginning to move came from behind her, and she held her head high even as she blinked away tears. There was no way he was going to see that, not even on his way by.

"Now what the fuck?!" Snapping the words as he blocked her path with the car, Eris came to an abrupt halt with a startled expression. "You told me to go, why are you--" She froze, jaw dropping before she threw her hands in the air. "Why? You were adamant about me fucking off just a minute ago, and now you suddenly want me around?!" Wiping at her eyes as her cheeks turned pink, she let her hands fall slowly back to her sides.

"Of course it's my thing. And I did try to sabotage you. But only once, and I saved you. And I snapped someone's neck to keep you safe. I'm not supposed to do that, you know! I'm not supposed to kill humans directly, and I fucking did it even though I was bloody exhausted!" Sucking in a deep, unsteady breath, she stabbed a finger in the air toward him. "Yes I know why you're pissed, what I don't get is you needing to be an asshole about it. I think I've proven I can get you out of trouble, I have more than enough money to set you up nicely, but you'd rather treat me like I'm as bad as the people you kill, like I'm some heartless cunt!"

Honestly, Shawn had no idea why he was doing this; even he didn't really understand his motivations. He was just following his instincts, which strangely - as she was so quick to point out - to take back what he said, or at the very least attempt to make amends.

"You and I both know that's not true. You'd be doing a lot worse shit if you were as bad as the people." he would clarify, running a hand down his face as she then brought up that she killed someone. Though he did raise a brow as she mentioned she wasn't supposed to actually kill humans. "So what? There's a rule that gods aren't supposed to kill humans themselves or something?" he then asked her; now he was even more confused than ever.

"Never mind...Look, I just want you to stick around, alright?" he then said, deciding to be honest. "Even though you're a huge pain in the ass, you're someone I can actually talk to this about. I just ask you try not to sabotage me in the future. So please, can we just, you know, start over?" he then asked her.

"There's not technically a rule, but that's not my domain to rule over. My sisters, Ares, his kids, sure. Even Thanatos gets a little leeway because he rules over death in his own way. But I don't. Chaos and death are two different things. I cause death, I don't directly bring it about by my hands. I could kill for a god, but I'm definitely not supposed to kill for a human. I already get enough shit for you!" Slapping a hand over her mouth to stop any further words from bursting forth, she quickly moved on to respond to his words.

"Fine. We'll start over." Stalking back to the car without another words, she got in and slammed the door behind her, tossing the bag and the jacket on the floor. Shaking hands went in her lap, several curses internally uttered at the words that had come out without permission. It had been in the heat of the moment, and she just hoped he wouldn't question them. She was a goddess, she couldn't go showing weakness. It had been bad enough showing him her exhaustion and lack of warmth from expanding too much energy, and she needed to be very, very careful from then on out.

Shawn seemed a bit stunned at her declaration at the end there, so much so that he was left pondering her words; what by she mean by 'get enough shit for him'? Was her being this close not allowed by the gods or something?

Then he scoffed at the idea; who could order chaos around? Nah, that was probably just some from her family just lashing out at her or something...Yeah, that made sense. And he really didn't want to think about it; this whole ordeal with her being around him made him not want to care about that shit. Ultimately, it didn't matter; so long as she didn't fuck up his mission again, he would be fine.

Getting back in the car, he wordlessly put the vehicle in drive and continued down the road; thankfully, no police seemed to be around to notice their little spat. That and luckily only spilled coffee was had; it would have been real trouble if she up and killed that man.

"By the way, the stack of bills you left me fell to the floor. Much as I appreciate the charity, it's your money. I only take from criminals." he would say, then asking "It might be a while before we come up to a restaurant to eat. I have some snack foods in a cooler if you're hungry." His own stomach growled, not having a chance to get a meal. "Actually, if you'd be so kind as to get that cooler and get me a pack of jerky, that would be nice. Just behind my seat."

"I don't need it." She shook her head. "Besides, in mortal terms, I'm basically a criminal, so just keep it." Glancing at him at the mention of food, she twisted around to the find the cooler with a huff. "Fine." Shifting so she could slip between the seats and lean back, Eris opened up the cooler and pull out the aforementioned jerky before straightening out. "Here." Handing it to him, she immediately put her hands back in her lap. After the awkward words she'd already said to him, what was she supposed to say now? If her family could see her now, sitting quietly in the passenger seat of a human's car trying to form words.

"I'll be fine. Food is good, but going without for a bit won't kill me. Let's just worry about you getting some, and we'll find a place to stay. We can even get one with two beds, if you decide to throw a hissy fit about sharing one. Honestly, what kind of man gets mad at sharing a bed with a sexy woman? And no, that's not even me being cocky, I just know how human beauty standards work. That, and I just got hit on by that creep, so I can't be that bad looking."

"Well...Guess that makes two of us. But I'm still not taking the cash. Use it to buy something for yourself on Earth." he would reply, taking the jerky. "Thanks" he would say, popping a strip into his mouth. The next few moments were quiet, eerily so; so much in fact that he even looked over at Eris seeing her sitting there quiet. It was hard to think of her being stunned into silence, so he just chalked it up to her having nothing to say. Fine by him.

Though that came to an end when she made her next remarks. "You're not bad-looking, I already explained that. It's just..." he started to say, his words dying in his throat. "Look, the fact is I don't trust myself alright? I've been at this a long time, probably before you even knew who I was. If I get distracted, I could fuck up somewhere. And then I can't blame anyone but myself for landing in jail."

"I figured as much when you got rock hard around me." He didn't trust himself? She gave him a puzzled look, tilting her head as she tugged the tie from her hair to let it down. "You're afraid you'll try to fuck me, and end up in jail because you couldn't stop thinking about it? Please," Scoffing in distaste, she waved a hand lazily at him. "As if I'd ever let you go to jail. Then what would I do for entertainment. That, and you're almost disgustingly comfortable to cuddle up to. Cuddle is such a weird word, you know that?"

"Laugh if you want, but I'm serious." he would say, slightly miffed as he took a detour to get on I-70; he wasn't her after all. He couldn't just magic himself away from danger; he had to use his wits, his training from the military, and a heaping measure of sheer dumb luck to get around as well as he did.

"I guess; I never really put thought to into. Never really felt the need to cuddle before, not counting that one night we were both sicker than shit." he would say, eyes going back to the road. "And the only reason I got that hard was because you wouldn't stop teasing me. And you still don't, from the way you dress and all that crap." Of course, that wasn't to say he didn't like it; hell he loved it. But he would never tell her that...At least not directly.

In any case, they drove for another few hours before they would find a small diner, just named "Bonnie's". While still not extravagant, it was a good deal better-looking than the truck stop they were going to eat at before. The walls were a wonderful mix of blue and white stripes, and from the size of it it seemed like it could hold around fifty people comfortably, and there weren't that many cars in the parking lot. "We're stopping here...Food you know? Unlike you, I have to eat. And if you're going to come in, please try not to start anything. I'd like at least one meal in peace today." Getting out, he would then lead them both inside.

A short mousy brown-haired boy then approached - dressed in a blue long-sleeved shirt and black pants, a nametag reading 'Arnold' on it - came over and seated them, seeming to stare just a bit at Eris, most likely the fact that she wasn't wearing a bra, but said nothing and had them seated. Giving them a few minutes, he would then say, "Order what you like, if you're hungry. My treat."

"Clearly I'm not laughing." Sticking her tongue out at him, Eris rolled her eyes. "I was sick from helping you, so I don't want to hear it!" Glaring at him, she stared down at herself and then grinned. "I can't help it, it's too fun to tease you! It's very satisfying how easily I can distract you with just my body. You wouldn't know what to do with yourself if you actually had it." She smirked, settling back into the seat as they drove.

It was an obnoxiously long drive and she made idle chatter, spending most of her time watching the world go by around them. She was almost reluctant to leave the car when they arrived now that she'd started to enjoy it, staring a bit irritably at the diner. She was hungry though, and it looked like a cozy little place. She'd learned over time that a lot of the smaller diners seemed to have better food, often family owned and run.

"Don't be an asshole, I have to eat too." Looking offended that he thought she would do anything other than follow him in, she huffed and shook her head. Their server didn't seem to be able to hide his staring, and Eris winked at him before taking a seat. It was impossible not to, with how clearly he was staring! "Oh? Whatever I want?" Eris grinned at Shawn once their server left, winking at him this time. "Careful what you give me permission for, sweetheart."

He didn't want to argue that if she hadn't interfered, then that whole clusterfuck likely wouldn't have happened. She'd deflect it, and still find a way to make him look the incompetent jackass. "At least I take responsibility for my fuckups..." he thought to himself; god, why didn't he just leave her on the side of the road? What the fuck was wrong with him? And even worse, she actually seemed surprised that he accused her of causing shit to happen.

Well...Whatever. He just had to hope she would behave, because this crazy train just went down a new track. One that he didn't know the end of at all. It was so simple before she came along. He knew how to move, who to look out for, when to attack. But with her here, he'd have to adopt new tactics. New strategies, new means to deal with whatever shit she might decide to throw his way. So yeah, she'd fucked everything except him.

"Be reasonable with the amount; unlike you, I'm not made of money. Keep it to the menu, and don't do that annoying shit with the substitutions." he would say to her in a quiet voice; like hell she'll listen, he thought. Even if she would offer to go Dutch, he tried to keep everything he did conservative. He saw a classic on here: A simple club sandwich and home fries. That sounded good. Probably get an order of onion rings for them to split too. "Well, I know what I want." he would say folding the menu and placing it down in front of him.

"Gotta ask though: What exactly do people where you're from eat?" he then asked her; he couldn't help wonder now, if she had ever seen food like this before.

"No, but I have plenty of money sitting in the car. It's not my fault you wouldn't take it." When it came to the matter of finding a room to rent, however, she was not going to take no for an answer. There was no way she was being stuck in a shitty little room with a small bed again. "We're ordering good food through the room service when we pick a place to stay. And no, we are not picking a shitty little one again, or I'll strangle you myself." She paused, looking thoughtful and giving him a wicked grin.

"Well, if you're my sisters.." She leaned forward, dropping her voice to a whisper. "Sometimes hearts. But mostly normal food, and often with Dionysus' wine. Or sometimes ambrosia. It's a pity it might kill you, or I'd bring some to share next time." What would happen to a mortal that drank it? Didn't it give them a longer life and more strength? While that was a tempting thought, it wasn't one she intended to follow through on. "I'll just get whatever you're getting." She shrugged.

"Yeah right...My choice of residence doesn't come with that luxury. Nor do I want it to." he would reply; honestly, was she just intentionally trying to get under his skin? "Nice try; had you wanted to actually do that, you'd have done as much while we were in the car." he would reply, actually smiling himself a bit.

And at least the next part she lowered her voice; had he not witnessed the brutal rib-breaking that one woman gave Antoine, he'd have thought her crazy. Not that it did make her any less so, but at least he would believe her words. "Wine or ambrosia, eh? Sounds expensive." he would remark, adding "This food might be a few steps below your normal cuisine then." He then waited before their server - a petite red-haired fair-skinned woman dressed in the same outfit as the host - came to take their orders. "Two house club sandwiches, a large basket of fries with ranch on the side, and two servings of fruit salad. And I'll just have water...And my lady friend will have her drink of choice." he would say, giving the young woman his thanks as she would go back after their order was given.

"Probably not the most glamorous meal you've had, I'm sure...But I think you'll like it." he would say after their server left. "We don't have much farther after this. Probably just a few more hours, then we can start looking for our mutual friend."

"Not expensive when you know the people that make it." She shrugged. "I'm not as picky as you seem to think I am." Pickier than most people, probably, but not as much as some. She paused when their server came over, smiling at the woman as she waved a hand lazily. "Water is fine." She'd nearly ordered coffee but decided against it, settling back in the seat and smiling at Shawn.

"Food is food, as long as it doesn't make me feel like Cerberus is chewing on my innards, I don't much care." Shrugging again, Eris drummed her fingers on the table thoughtfully. "A few hours, that's still a lot of time in the car. Pity we have to use your type of transportation, you're very strong to not have gone insane from my company. Well," She paused, cringing slightly at the thought of being left on the side of the road. "Not completely insane, anyway. Let's just get this over with, I'll be glad to have a bed instead of a car seat, by the end of the night."

"Could have fooled me." he would reply; she was the one that was all uppity about where she slept. She had her own place didn't she? What did it matter to her where he slept?

Ugh...Whatever, he thought; this wasn't the time to argue about stupid shit. They still had driving to do, and he didn't want her fucking with him the whole time if they were going to get to Chicago as soon as possible. "Well, we'll see; I don't know if you have allergies or anything, given who you are. But just let them know, and if you're polite, I'm sure they can make you something else."

Soon enough, they would be brought their food: Each would have a rather large sandwich, complete with toasted bread, turkey, ham, bacon, lettuce, tomato and the right amounts of mayonnaise and cheddar cheese. The fries too looked amazing, crisp and golden and shining with the remnants of the oil they were fried in. Shawn was the first to take a bite, marveling at the flavor; he hadn't had one of these in so long, and honestly he seemed exceptionally content right now. "Much better than car rations..." he muttered, taking another hefty bite.

"I do not have allergies." She shook her head. "For all the shit I give Aphrodite about her games of love making me sick, I do not actually have any." Was it even possible for a deity to have allergies? She was still thinking on it when the food arrived, her attention slowly returning to the world around her at the smell. It smelled delicious, and she picked up a single fry before popping it into her mouth.

"I think anything is better than what you had in the car." She gave him a wry smile, finishing the fry before starting on her sandwich. "There's a lot of things in this," She managed the words after her first bite, wiping her mouth carefully before returning to eating. It was good, though, very good, and she could see why some of these meals were favored by humans who constantly traveled. "See? Not picky." She stuck her tongue out at him, curling it briefly with a wink before nonchalantly taking another bite.

"Funny, because you seem allergic to listening more often than not." Shawn muttered in his head; well, at least she was behaving herself now. That was all he wanted, just for her to be civil. And thus far, they were just like any other pair in the restaurant. The conversation was fairly non-existent; Shawn after all wanted to get back on the road as soon as possible. He would finish off his sandwich in short order, along with his fries. "Glad you like it least; a good club sandwich is hard to beat." he would say, wiping his own mouth of a bit of mayonnaise.

"How are we over here? Can I get the dessert menu for you both?" said their waitress, Shawn replying, "I'm quite alright, thank you." Though he would seem to leave it open for Eris to order, if she so chose to.

Back
Top Bottom